[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I don't understand what's going on with this thing's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: tapukoko.png (163KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
tapukoko.png
163KB, 500x500px
I don't understand what's going on with this thing's face, and it's all that's making it impossible for me to like its design. Why is its hair stretching down the center of its face to its chin? Where are its nose and mouth? Why are the sclera the exact same color as the face?
>>
Topu Keko is literally the only design I like from the ones that have been revealed so far, except Mimikyu.
>>
>>27415644
So you're excessively picky. That's actually great. What is it you like about this thing?
>>
They tried putting way too much unnecessary detail in such a small area. Easily the ugliest new Pokemon from a design standpoint.
>>
>>27415664
It has eyes, a nose, eyebrows, and hair. Don't know if I'd call that excessively detailed.
>>
>>27415686
Not him, but you've got to be kidding. That face is excessively overly detailed given the tiny space it takes up. But what bugs me is how nonsensical it is, not how busy it is.
>>
>>27415563
I like it a lot. It feels like they just went crazy with it. Like the real-life bases of it play second fiddle to it being a Pokémon.

Imo it kind of feels like Mew and Mewtwo. Like, what are Mew and Mewtwo based on? Cats and cloning? But they're some of the best loved Pokémon. They're really original and just exude the feeling that all other Pokémon have.

This guy has a lot more going in his design, but I still feel the same way with him. He may have a basis in one of the Hawai'ian gods or something - and the color yellow, I guess? - but that he's so detached from its genesis is one of its main appeals, imo.
>>
>>27415710
It's a nature spirit war god. I'd be more concerned if it didn't look like a alien-humanoid in ritual garb.
>>
>>27415740
Everything is fine except the face. The face just looks stupid and random. Can you think of ANY logical reason for there to be a mohawk that goes all the way down the center of the face, and then extend off the back of the head like a mullet?
>>
It's not pretty so I hate they gave it fairy type and it's probably the worst design revealed so far. Bruxish and Mimikyu are saving this gen.
>>
>>27415740
It looks like a stick figure with stickers plastered all over it
There is no design. It's just a mess. They had a cool idea for a Pokemon that disguises as a floating head, but had no idea what it could look like underneath.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.