[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Ash is going to win a league Does this mean that they're

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 5

File: 1360950064865.jpg (81KB, 248x240px) Image search: [Google]
1360950064865.jpg
81KB, 248x240px
>Ash is going to win a league

Does this mean that they're finally replacing Ash with a much needed new protagonist?
>>
No Sun/Moon will just act like it never happened
>>
File: 1467178457753.jpg (422KB, 1200x780px) Image search: [Google]
1467178457753.jpg
422KB, 1200x780px
It would be nice and if it did ash's child would be even better.
>Pic related will never happen and if it did it would be a boy who looks exactly like Ash and also starts with a Pikachu
>Suddenly the whole new lead character thing was pointless
>>
They will replace ash with alan. Kids need the edgiest edgy protag. And charizard.
>>
>>27413937
I'm gonna bite the bait but to be perfectly honest, having a character who gradually matures and learns the new region would actually be more interesting and engaging then having the same trainer move from one region to the next.

It would fit with kids too since they would gradually learn along with their new protag and also get the finality of their journey as it ends.

But fuck that, that's effort. Same trainer spanned across multiple fucking areas.
>>
Going to laugh my ass off after Ash wins the Kalos League, goes to Alola and promptly loses to the first Gym, which specializes in Bugs or Rocks.
>>
>>27414025
>tfw we'll never get ashley in alola
>>
>>27414066
Who said anything about gyms being in the Alola region?
>>
No, the producers just stopped being retarded and realized he can beat a league and still keep journeying

either that or they're replacing Satoshi with Masuda
>>
File: john cleese.jpg (25KB, 600x634px) Image search: [Google]
john cleese.jpg
25KB, 600x634px
>>27414111
>>
If they're going to end this anime, it should end with ash challenging the kanto league again and with his final 6 on 6 team consisting of Pikachu, Charizard, Greninja, Sceptile, Snorlax, and Heracross
>>
File: mini ash serena.png (178KB, 448x214px) Image search: [Google]
mini ash serena.png
178KB, 448x214px
Alola main characters look like ash and serena's children, so one of them is going to be main character in series.
>>
Why does winning the League means he has to be replaced with a new character? That makes no sense
>>
>>27414290
There's an ancient interview with the director of the first 9 seasons where the interviewer wastes time asking if Ash will become a Pokemon Master soon, and the director states the obvious and says that the show would obviously have to end if he did.
This then gets misquoted by retards all the time as "The writers said Ash will never win a league" because for some reason they think "Pokemon Master = win a single league at some point".
>>
>>27414377
But this literally makes no sense. Winning the league is not the same as being a pokemon master. The show has hinted at a champion league /elite four shit of some sort in diamond/pearl and briefly in the shitfest that is black/white
>>
>>27414488
Of course it doesn't make sense. The extreme majority that drone on about that shit haven't watched the anime since Johto anyway.
>>
>>27414025
>>Pic related will never happen

you got that right
>>
>>27414488
You'll also notice that it's almost exclusively people that don't actually WATCH the anime that parrot this shit. That's not a coincidence.
>>
>>27414517
Well the most important part of Gyms is that they present 8 boss battles throughout your campaign. As long as there are 8 powerful trainers you battle along the way, then Gyms arent absolutely necessary. In fact, i think it would be refreshing if they were gone for a generation.

But anyone who thinks they actually will be gone is delusional. Its too easy and effective to just drop 7 generations in,
>>
I don't know why people think that replacing ash will make the anime better.

It's going to be nearly the same shit, the only difference would be how the characters look.
>>
File: vlcsnap-2016-07-29-10h34m30s735.png (219KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
vlcsnap-2016-07-29-10h34m30s735.png
219KB, 1280x720px
>>27414558
It's not that surprising really, people are prone to flaming pokemon in general. Just like how all the filthy non pokemon fans will go back to hating on the series when Go dies down
>>
>>27413937
>Ash is going to win the Leauge.
>20 years later these people haven't learned

I bet you also think Serena is winning the Ashbowl
>>
>>27414596
It would be nice to have a main character with a different personality and battling style. I think the people who want a new protagonist just want the anime to shake itself up. And with a new protag they might have to do just that.

Honestly though they'll probably just give us another hot blooded character who has a pikachu that team rocket wants to steal, So we miight as well just keep Ash
>>
If your only complaint is for consistency, then you have no argument. Yes, I am saying that them having an idiot protagonist is a bad idea to start with. I don't even know why it's a thing in Japan. If you're going to do comedy, then do comedy. For anything else, you're just making the plot suffer.
>>
I'd be okay with Ash being replaced.
Hopefully it'd be someone more down to earth instead of "YEAAHH, I'M GONNA WIN!!"
I'd watch it if Brock was the MC, he seems chill and competent
>>
>>27413937
Even if Ash won, the anime would still suck the Status Quo's dick, rinse and repeat, as if nothing had happened, while Serena's actress confirmed that she won't be coming back, rendering those petitions moot, and put ArmourShipping in a dock for all eternity.
>>
>>27414650
Yeah exactly.

I mean we could get a megane character that analyzes everything. He'll adjusts his glasses and will smirk whenever his plans work and defeats his opponents.

But that make battles have less action and would make them slower pace. Kids in general will prefer Ash.
>>
>>27414776
Except if you actually watched through out the xy - xyz series you would know every old trend has already been broken
>>
>>27414828
You're pretty much describing Dent from BW there. That character type works fine as a supporting character, not as a main character
>>
>>27414828
Well yes and no. Certain other popular kids anime like Yuhioh alter their protagonist pretty frequently and they basically switch between Calm and calculated to gusty and brash almost in a constant pattern.

>in before Pokemon is more successful than Yugioh so it should never change anything about its formula
>>
>>27413937
That's not how autistim works.
>>
>>27414890
I'm not saying that kids hate calm characters, but if you compare a pokemon battle to a duel, kids will probably prefer hot blooded characters in pokemon.

Duels are more calm than a pokemon battle, the tension usually comes from things surrounding the duel.
>>
>>27413937
I just want to see Team Rocket in Alola on a vacation. They are infinitely more interesting and bearable than anything involving Ash. Hell, just having it become all about James would be better than another Ashtard saga.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.