[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Coming from someone who has no patience for the kiddy shit anime,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: best_scene_collection_2.jpg (686KB, 1697x1200px) Image search: [Google]
best_scene_collection_2.jpg
686KB, 1697x1200px
Coming from someone who has no patience for the kiddy shit anime, and thinks the game canon is the one to be referenced aways, is Special/Adventures any good? I want to give it a try.
>>
It's fun, that's it.
GSC and DP(not Pt) are the best arcs.
>>
>>27411023
See for yourself?

http://jb2448.info/
>>
Pokemon: Edgy version
>>
>>27411036
>not Pt
What, Platinum is great
>>
>>27411069
Typical of someone who haven't read it
>>
>>27411069
What's the opposite of edgy? Cause Special has every single antagonist turn out to be a good guy
>>
>>27411108
http://www.wordhippo.com/what-is/the-opposite-of/edge.html
>>
It's good all the way through until Emerald. Then it's mostly shit with patches of brilliance throughout.
>>
>>27411139
Why? What changes?
>>
>>27411023
Pros:

- Protagonist characters are no longer silent, and are given personalities of their own (hence accusations of "edgy" because characters have occasional bouts of strong emotional expressions)
- Majority of Gym Leaders/Elite 4 members given much more characters, eg. getting involved in regional issues like chasing the various Teams' trail.
- Action can be described as "less squeamish than the anime about what actually happens when you land a half-ton serpentine mineral ore creature on something else". Ironically, Jasmine's Steelix is the only one on record for having been seen to have defeated anything at all.
- Side characters play a greater role in the narrative, eg. People like Bill, Dr. Footstep are not just "lmao who r dey?" long after they're introduced.
- Legendaries and Mythicals are actually legendary and mythical, eg. destroys Pokeballs thrown at them, must be cheesed to be taken down, etc.
- Special endeavors to make reference to actual game mechanics, eg. Blue's Machoke doesn't evolve from normal training, you need to use Pokemon abilities on the overworld (although they're not constrained by actual game HM mechanics)
>>
>>27411023

Cons:
- Only Kris/Crystal has actually come close to catching them all, the rest of the characters are more like people doing story/nuzlock runs.
- Compacted storyline - a chronic issue that has only increased every year. This impacts other aspects too, eg. the cloud trio are caught by Team Plasma in a single chapter without an actual battle in the same chapter they're first properly featured in.
- Hit-or-miss original plotlines - the entire Yellow and Emerald arcs being the standout examples. Yellow was the first attempt, and was actually longer than the R/B/G arc of the story and decently paced, but with Emerald they had to introduce an entirely new character with skills/abilities not mentioned in the games or elsewhere just so there could be a third person using Sceptile, but it couldn't be Wally. Personally, I also thought that the showcase of the Battle Frontier was way too short, especially since it had to share page space with Special's very own Delta Episode 0.5. Or the very first original (sub) plotline, the three Elemental Stones of Vermillion that allowed Red's Poliwhirl to evolve to save him, and later on allowed him to have all three Eeveelutions from the Eevee he rescued from Team Rocket that has the ability to become one of them when exposed to a stone, and revert back to Eevee. Just like Mega Evolution, except no special meteorites involved.
- The "name the characters after the versions" was always a "sensible chuckle" kind of quirk, could be a pro, could be a con, all subjective, but it slipped into "especially retarded" territory in Black/White 2.

- Pikachu defeating Onix is still in there and this time there isn't even a sprinkle of an excuse for the win.

There are probably a few more pros, but after I stopped regularly reading after the DP arc (the local publisher went under), these are the most standout cons I remember.

It's not bad, but honestly? It could have been better.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.