[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Should it have been Fire, Fire/Ghost, or Fire/Fairy and why?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 59
Thread images: 2

File: ninetales_by_casca25-d76oh5e[1].jpg (52KB, 357x361px) Image search: [Google]
ninetales_by_casca25-d76oh5e[1].jpg
52KB, 357x361px
Should it have been Fire, Fire/Ghost, or Fire/Fairy and why? If you think Fire/Psychic, your opinion doesn't matter.
>>
Fire/Ghost
>>
>>27407728
Incorrect.
>>
>>27407700
It's fine as pure Fire.

What it really needs is more stats, not a better type. Fire/Fairy could make some sense, though, but I think that ship has sailed.
>>
>>27407823
>way cooler than arcanine
>50 points less stats

Injustice.
>>
>>27407700
Its mega should get Ghost, just because it's underused and thematic.
>>
>>27407700
Why isn't Fire/Psychic a valid opinion?
>>
>>27408125
Because it's not Psychic?

>Very smart and very vengeful. Grabbing one of its many tails could result in a 1000-year curse.

>Some legends claim that each of its nine tails has its own unique type of special mystic power.

>Ninetales casts a sinister light from its bright red eyes to gain total control over its foe's mind. This Pokémon is said to live for a thousand years.
>>
Ice/Fairy
>>
>>27408158
High intellect, mystical powers, and gaining control over a person's mind isn't attributed to Psychic ability?
>>
>>27408158
Sounds like a Psychic type. Fire/Psychic is used less than Fire/Ghost too.
>>
>>27408206
Magical = Psychic
Mystical = Ghost
>>
File: Screenshot_20160728-223847.png (288KB, 1080x1920px) Image search: [Google]
Screenshot_20160728-223847.png
288KB, 1080x1920px
>>27408247
>
Also, explain the difference between the two.
>>
>>27408282
Psychic is "wizard" magic or dimensions/telepathy stuff.

Ghost is things like Curse, Hex, spiritual magic related to souls and, well, ghosts.
>>
>>27407700

Nah. Pure Fire type is an good idea.
>>
>>27408238
>Fire/Psychic is used less than Fire/Ghost too.
Fennekin's line, Victini, Darmanitan
vs
Litwick (a total shitmon)'s line
>>
>>27408318
Medicham's whole deal is heightened spiritual energy.

Musharna is based around the subconscious or inner self.

What does Metagross have to do with either?
It's just really smart.
>>
>>27408238
Also consider that pokedex entry for Ninetales
>Ninetales casts a sinister light from its bright red eyes to gain total control over its foe's mind
and Confuse Ray's entry
>The target is exposed to a sinister ray that triggers confusion.
That's the closest thing we have to mind control. "Hurt yourself so I win the battle." Don't forget that it was one of Ninetales' learned moves, and it learns Hex and Grudge as well.
>>
>>27407700
Fire/Ghost, obviously.

Also, Fire/Psychic would really seem to make more sense than Fire/Fairy.
>>
>>27408358
Medicham uses ITS OWN "spiritual" energy. It doesn't summon powers from the underworld. It's just meditation. Can you really not the see the "flavor" differente between things like Calm Mind/Future Sight/Miracle Eye vs. Hex/Curse/Grudge?

Yeah, the subconscious and "really smart" are included in Psychic too.
>>
>>27408442
Both Drowzee and Litwik sap other's spiritual energy to sustain itself.
>>
>>27408238
"Vengeful"
"Sinister"
"Curse"

It learns Hex and Grudge. You'd have to be retarded to not see how Ghost fits much, much ore than Psychic.
>>
>>27408463
Drowzee eats dreams, not spiritual energy. Litwick literally feeds on SOULS. You're just being dense on purpose now.
>>
>>27408479
I can see that.
But what most Ghosts have in common are being actual ghosts.
M-Sableye is the only exception I can think of and even it looks like a solid shadow.
Ninetails just isn't a ghost.
Like the OP says, it could be Fairy as well, and to me Psychic sits between the spiritual Ghost and the magical Fairy.
>>
You people just love to slap Fairy type on anything.

Characteristics of the fairy type:

Smallness / Cuteness / Sweetness (seen on many of the moves and things like Jigglypuff, Dedenne, Swirlix, etc)
Purity/ Innocence / Playfulness / Whimsicalness / Prankster-like behaviour (Play Rough, Mr. Mime. Mawile)
An "angel" or "guardian" aspect (seen on Gardevoir, Xerneas, Tapu Koko)

How does Ninetales fit any of that?
>>
>>27408125
Because we already HAVE a yellow, Fire/Psychic kitsune. And if Ninetales shared the same typing, the only thing setting it apart from Delphox would be its lack of bipedalism.

Even if Delphox never existed, jesus christ stop giving EVERYTHING Psychic. For years, Psychic has been a type that's often tacked on to a Pokémon to explain how it can use special powers, or to make it seem mystical, forgetting that Pokémon are already magical creatures to begin with. It's overused, lazy, and as it gets more common, it makes Psychic loose its mystic appeal because it's not mysterious anymore.

The controlling minds thing does actually lend itself to Psychic, and it even learns plenty of Psychic moves, and in fact there's a couple other things that would point to it being Psychic, but for such a uniquely mystical pokémon it just would never fit it. Ninetales is a kitsune, it's magic, it doesn't have much to do with mental willpower.
>>
>>27408557
Obviously, the conversation isn't about whether it would diversify the dex, become unique, or even make it more viable.
This whole thing is about how much sense secondary typings make, and Psychic does.
Also,
Chandelure would share the exact same movepool and higher stats it it became fire/ghost.
>>
>>27408550
Ghost-type Pokémon aren't all necessarily actual ghosts as in spirits of dead things. Some of them are just beings that have an affinity with the ghost-element, like Froslass and Sableye.

And we know that in the Pokémon world the types are also pure elements, even the ones that describe physical characteristics like Ghost, Bug or Dragon. What the fuck is a "dragon pulse" when it's not used by a Dragon Type? It's draconic "energy". What is a "Bug" Hidden Power? It's an essence of the bug "element". How is Altaria a Dragon type if it's not a literal dragon? It's another case of a "physical characteristic" type being used as an element. Granbul is a dog with Fairy powers, while Growlithe is a dog with Fire powers. It's that simple. Your argument that Ninetales shouldn't be a Ghost because
>>
>>27407700
>Fairy
no thank you
>>
>>27408659
cont.

it's not an actual ghost/spirit doesn't stand.
>>
>>27408659
Froslass is a Yuki-onna, maiden that died in the snow.
Sableye is the only one that isn't a literal ghost that i can think of. Even Giratina is a multidimensional creature that appears in mirrors.

>>27408672
Ninetails is based around magical properties
>"Legend has it that Ninetails came into being when nine wizards possessing sacred powers merged into one. This Pokémon is highly intelligent - can understand human speech."
Hmm...
Ghost or Psychic?
>>
>>27407700
Why fire/fairy? you mother fuckers are so annoying. Adding fairy to anything because. Fuck you.
>>
>>27408828
It's BASED on a Ghost. What I meant is that in-universe it's not an actual dead thing. It evolves from Snorunt, which is not Ghost-type.
>>
I hope it's Mega is Fire/Fairy
>>
>>27409043
Have you seen froslass?
Its legless like Japanese ghosts. It disappears and reappears particularly well in snow, like ghosts.
Everything about it including it origins is that of a ghost.
When does a Pokémon become a ghost to you.
Is Golurk and Aegislash not ghosts because they have no organic body?
Snorunt shivers constantly in every 3D interpretation and suddenly, when it evolves it doesn't and becomes ghost type.
It's not just based on a legend of a maiden dying in the snow, it is as close to the legend they possibly can get without literally killing snorunt.
>>
>>27407700
Why not Fire/Dark?
>>
>>27409130
>without literally killing snorunt.
That's my entire point, oh my God.
All I'm saying is that Ghost Pokémon aren't literally DEAD THINGS. Sure they look like ghosts, are based on ghosts, do ghostly things. But they're not l i t e r a l l y ghosts.
>>
>>27409180
And my point is that Froslass doesn't have to die to be a spiritual projection.
It's a "ghost", but gf isnt going to say, "congratulations, you killed snorunt!"
Snorunt evolves into a ghost.
There's not other thing froslass is, but a ghost.
>>
>>27409205
That's still not enough reason to say that Ninetales couldn't possibly ever be a Ghost type, even though it's a strong pattern.

Dude, I don't even think it should be a Ghost type. Pure Fire with many Ghost moves fits just fine to me. But IF I were to choose between adding Ghost or Psychic to it, Ghost fits much much more, for all the reasons previously stated. It's got a much more more sinister, curse-y, grudgy flavor to it than a meditational/smart/telepathic flavor.
>>
What should Mega Ninetales be?
>Fire
>Fire/Ghost
>Fire/Psychic
>Fire/Dark
>Fire/Fairy
>>
>>27407728
This
>>
>>27409272
I never said that Ninetails couldn't possibly ever be a Ghost type.
What I'm saying is that it's lore and the patterns behind typing and design say that Psychic is a more accurate option.
Ghosts are immune to both normal and fighting moves. Why would a physical fox be immune to it and trapping moves?
Again, Sableye makes sense, because it seems to be an improvement made from shadows and avarice.

Almost every Psychic type gets ghost moves.
>>
>>27408344
Delphox is the only one with Fire/Psychic, and Darmanitan can only have the typing for half of it's health. It's literally 3 mons to 2 1/2. Fire/Psychic is the more uncommon typing.
>>
>>27408318
Ninetales is literally stated in the Pokedex to be created from nine wizards.

Try again.
>>
>>27409180
Spiritomb, Froslass, Yamask, Honedge, Phantump, and Pumpkaboo are all reincarnations of various deceased humans and Pokemon though.

Not all ghosts are undead, but there are some that clearly are.
>>
>>27410242
Look, it's another dexfag!
The Pokédex always uses language like "it's said", "people believe", "it is thought that". It's just the Pokémon world people's superstitions and myths. Ninetales evolves from a Vulpix with a Fire Stone, not by getting ninve wizards to fuck it.
>>
She looks perfect for fug.
>>
>>27410258
Froslass evolves from Snorunt with a Dawn Stone. It's not a deceased anything. Pokédex entries are not proven facts, it's full of bullshit like "a boy wakes up one day as Kadabra" and "Magcargo is hotter than the sun".
>>
>>27408071
I still think it was some kind of mistake - they had equal stats in Gen I, but Arcanine got an increase in Sp Atk while Ninetales got a decrease for some reason.
>>
>>27409272
then why not Fire/Dark?
>>
>>27407700
>Fire, Fire/Ghost, or Fire/Fairy
How about you give it a mega evolution that is bipedal Fire/Fighting
>>
>>27410242
>Ninetales is literally stated in the Pokedex to be created from nine wizards
>nine wizards
Well I don't know what the 9 people who responded to OP have to do with anything?
>>
>>27410319
I guess Yamask and Honedge can't be deceased either because you can fucking breed an army of them and hatch them from eggs.
>>
>>27410272
But you're using the same source to say it should be ghost.
It being mystical spiritual is exposition from the Pokédex, which, if you want to ignore, weakens your argument.
It gets Psychic moves and Ghost moves, which means Psychic is just as valid.
>>
>>27407700
Why is it drawing a sine wave with its tails?
>>
Mega Ninetales

Either pure fire or fire Ghost

Ability: Solar Power

There, a good mega. He comes, sets drought for himself and then blasts everything with solar power.
>>
Neither ghost nor fairy makes sense. I think fire/ground would have been the most logical
>>
>>27410662
>sinetails
>>
>>27410337
Ninetales always had a lower BST than Arcanine - 424 vs. 455. But it's true that the gap only widened with the special split.
Thread posts: 59
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.