[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Let's have an Moves and Abilities we'd like thread.

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 43
Thread images: 4

File: 1468997411252.jpg (91KB, 640x640px) Image search: [Google]
1468997411252.jpg
91KB, 640x640px
Let's have an Moves and Abilities we'd like thread.

Molt: Bug type: recovers 37.5% HP and heals a status.

Soul Force: Physical Fighting move that calculates damage against the enemy's special defense. 100 BP 80% accuracy.

Cave-In: Rock type move that traps enemies it hits. 60 BP

Morning Dew: Grass type entry hazard that heals allies that switch in
>>
Cave-In should have 90% accuracy.
Also, isn't Morning Dew literally a worse version of Aromatherapy?
>>
>>27402731
A L O M O M O L A
>>
>>27402718
>Molt
This is what Shed Skin is, sans HP recovery. Both insect and reptile Pokemon have it.
>>
Ability Transfer (Psychic)
Switches in to another one of your mons (like U-Turn and Baton Pass) and gives them your ability. Very limited distribution but Eevee gets it so you can pass Pixilate and Magic Bounce to anyone.
>>
>>27402731
No, since you actually have to bring out your cleric and use aromatherapy to cure status. Set up morning dew once and you get free status healing anytime you switch, until your enemy removes it.

>>27402755
Shed skin is an ability with a chance to activate, I think OP was taking about a move that could combine status healing with some recovery (and not be rest).
>>
>>27402731
Surly Alolomola will gets its own exclusive move
>>
File: Smiling Leopard Gecko.webm (677KB, 214x214px) Image search: [Google]
Smiling Leopard Gecko.webm
677KB, 214x214px
>>27402718
Why are geckos so great?

inb4 lizardliker.
>>
>>27402718
Ability : Cosmic Fall - Auto-gravity for 6 turns instead of 4.
>>
File: that.png (212KB, 453x438px) Image search: [Google]
that.png
212KB, 453x438px
"that"
??? type
Does "that"
>>
Roulette.
Normal Type.
75% Acc.
Inflicts a random status effect on the enemy.
>>
Ability: Mirror Match

Effect: This Pokémon's Atk gets +1 when Pokémon of the same typing are on the field. (Cannot be activated by party members)
>>
>>27402798
Fuck off lizardliker.
>>
Ability: Vaporizer

Effect: Nullifies all stat changes upon switch in.
>>
Ability: Avenger
If this Pokemon is infatuated and the object of its affections is knocked out, its Attack and Special Attack will raise by one stage.
>>
Ability: Equilibrium

Effect: Prevents the user from being damaged by moves such as Sky Drop and Smackdown.
>>
Abilities:
>Magnetic Field
Redirects all steel type moves, gains +1 Def, SpD. Given to Magnemite line, Steelix
>Mirror
Negates the opponent's ability
>Calculating
User's accuracy raises 1 stage each turn. Ideally, this mon would get stuff like Stone Edge, Focus Blast, etc.
>Force Field
Doubles user's SpD
>Trick Shot
Bullet and Bomb moves have their crit ratio raised by 2
>Nest Hunter
Non-fully evolved pokemon (not standalones) have their Defense and SpD lowered by 1 on switch in.

Moves:
>Tag Out
Fighting, Physical. 70 BP. User switches out
>Phase Shift
Electric. Status. For 5 turns, the battle is now an Inverse Battle
>>
>>27403790
Phase Shift would change the metagame. I hope they make it a thing
>>
>>27402718
Resin Shot
Grass type counterpart to Scald that causes Paralysis instead of Burn
>>
>Hot Coals
Fire, Status
Hazard that lays burning coals at the opponent's feet. Any opponent that stays on the coals longer than 5 turns will be Burned. Absorbed by Fire types.

>Heartbreak Beam
Normal, 80 Power, Special
Deals 50% bonus damage to opposite-gender Pokemon. Deals double damage to infatuated Pokemon, but cures them of Infatuation.

>Parley
Fighting, Status, -6 Priority
In the wild, ends the battle. Against a trainer, forces the user and opponent to switch to a random Pokemon.

>Avenging Assault
Fighting, 30 Power, Physical
An additional attack is made for every fainted party member.

>Glacial Wall
Ice, Status
The user cuts a portion of their HP to create a wall made of ice. Unlike Substitute, the wall remains if the user switches out.
>>
>>27402718
Molt sounds like Refresh with an added HP boost. I like it.

Similarly:

>Cocoon
>Bug
>User is grounded and can no longer switch out. They now restore 1/16th HP at the end of each turn and their Def/SpDef are doubled while Att is halved. Lasts until knocked out or canceled by using Cocoon again.
>>
>>27402718
What if Molt also reset your Defense? Just to make it less weird.
>>
>>27402718
>Soul Force
why? It'd be useless against blissey. What pokemon are there that are weak to fighting and have lower spdef than def?
>>
>>27403870
I like it
>>
>>27402718
Does Morning Dew heal HP or heal bad status?
>>
>>27404296
>What pokemon are there that are weak to fighting and have lower spdef than def?
Gee I don't know, almost every Rock and Steel type?
>>
>>27402718
Morning Dew should be this:

>Water type
>Learned by mostly Grass-types, but some Water types as well -- anybody that is a "pond animal" or "early morning garden" Pokemon, and then some flavor choices
>Ludicolo, Roserade, Cherubi, Bounsweet, Marill, Flabebe, Skitty...
>Leaves a fresh helping of morning dew for the next ally that switches in (no matter where they are positioned in battle)
>Switching in heals 1/3 max HP and restores bad status
>Removes Morning Dew from the field

How broken is this?
>>
Morning Dew sounds great, there should honestly be more moves for setting up on your side other than Stat buffs.
>>
>>27403998

Glacial wall should block noise based moves as well, but melt by themselves after 3/4 turns or be immediatley melted by a fire move, which floods the user of glacial wall, damaging them.
>>
>>27402718
Powder plus
Can stack 2 powders
Ie
Poison powder
Sleep powder
Stun spore
Poison can be stacked to make toxic.
Sleep and poison can also be stacked.

Ability is for mega butterfee to make sure pokemon cannot also use an item.
Also powders keep current accuracy

Thoughts? Too broken?
>>
>>27403998
Change Hot Coals to a 30% chance of burn each turn a foe stands on the coals. Flying and Levitating ignore. Fire absorbs.
>>
>>27404406
Get rid of the damaging self bit, but add that it can melt in Sun or if user uses a fire-type attack.

Make it a solid 3 turns.
>>
Ability: Inversion: Physical moves scale with Sp.A and Special moves scale with Atk.
Could be given to mons with good learnsets but conflicting stats, like Typhlosion.
>>
>>27404438
Double status is super broken.

Maybe just make it so that all powder based moves automatically go to the "worst" version of a status?
>>
>>27404459
I think make that a 15% chance of burn but slight damage every turn, with of course, levitate and flying pokes ignoring it. Maybe even tone down the burn chance a little.
>>
Last Stand - Normal
Heals 100% of HP and status conditions, but makes you unable to switch out.
>>
Lullaby
All sleep last 5 turns while this pokemon is on the field
>>
>>27404459
I agree with flying/levitators being immune to it, but I disagree with a 30% chance every turn. I didn't want the move to be RNG based, but I thought of an alternative solution along your lines
>Initially has a 10% chance of causing burn
>Every turn, gains a +10% chance
>Reset if the opponent switches

Anyways,

>Shrapnel Coat
Rock, Status
The user covers themselves in sharpened fragments. Attackers receive Rock-type damage (Same as Stealth Rock). Wears out after being damaged 3 times.

>Pureblooded
Ability
The user is unaffected by stat changes from all sources. (Think Unaware, but on self)
>>
Ability: Counter-measure
If the opponent tries to attack this Pokemon with an attack that it knows, the move will fail and the Pokemon will take damage.
>>
Ability: Irresistable
Able to attract both genders.
>>
Ability- Double Tap
Splits all attack moves used by this pokemon into two attacks with 50% power. Does not affect multi hit or support moves.

Ability- Willpower
This pokemon gains a temporary +1 boost to its def and spdef when at < 50% hp and +2 boost when at < 25% hp. These boosts decrease/disappear if healed passed these thresholds.
>>
Ability: Galeforce

The user moves again when successfully OHKO'ing a Pokémon. (For double battles)
>>
Ability: Inheritance

The user copies the stat changes of the last Pokémon that fainted.
Thread posts: 43
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.