[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, I've been having a huge urge to play Pokemon again (not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 23
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemanz.jpg (19KB, 235x214px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemanz.jpg
19KB, 235x214px
So, I've been having a huge urge to play Pokemon again (not played one since Black/White).

So, after thinking about it I was pretty set on getting either SS or HG but the news that you cant use the GTS system anymore just really bummed me out. It feels like any progress or work you do in that game is for nothing as you cant transfer any of them over.

At least the Pokemon Y/B/R games on the VC allow you to use the Pokemon Bank.

Can you guys maybe give me your thoughts - is it worth bothering with? I loved Gen 2 - best games in the series imo.
>>
ORAS is better.
>>
>>27397635
Nice meme
>>
>>27397665
That's not even a meme, retard. The only person spouting memes here is you.
>>
>>27397621
SS is the best pokemon game I've ever played
>>
You can transfer your bros from HGSS - apricorn ball 'mons are popular. You need two DS/3DS units, but you can transfer 4th gen 'mons to BW and BW2 post-game. Then you can use the PokeTransporter to move your 5th gen 'mons to Pokebank.

HGSS is really fun, you should buy it if you can find a copy but it's probably going to be expensive.
>>
>>27397681
Thanks for the advice.
That to be honest, sounds like a massive amount of hassle but financially and in terms of time.

The worst thing about Nintendo is their shoddy attitude towards using their online capabilities.

I'll buy it anyway as I'm on holiday for a week tomorrow - hoping to find a copy in a GAME store in the airport before I depart..
>>
>>27397707
both*

p.s to the other posters, Im not gunna bother getting ORAS. I didnt enjoy the games too much the first time around on GBA - cant explain why. I did enjoy the cosy secret hideouts though
>>
>>27397621
I feel the exact same way, OP. Never got around to playing this remake but now there's no incentive if you can't easily transfer them.

I think you have to do some shit that involved having 2 DS's, beat B/W, go to some building in the middle of nowhere and then recapture every single one you want to transfer from HGSS. Then use the Pokebank.

Lots of hoops, but possible.
>>
>>27397707
It's a pain and I agree. Nintendo wants you to buy the new games, but it's a bummer that the old games lose some functionality when the new ones come out.

Seems they're going to keep XY and ORAS's GTS available for at least a little while after SuMo hit, but Global Link is going down by October iirc.
>>
>>27397760
Wow, I had no idea.
It's like they DONT want you completing these games.
>>
>>27397733
>recapture every single one
>>
>>27397621
if you are ok with the sluggish engine of gen4 and can go back to it after black an white then go for it.

although, note that absolutely nothing has been changed bare the visuals (and the game corner but I like this one) so, if you had no grudge against the originals for feeling empty, you'll feel right at home.

you can also try gen6 if you don't mind constant handholding and casualisation. it's graphically more interesting but you won't feel challenged at any point.

since I played gen6, I personally can't play gen4 anymore without risking to die of boredom but I don't see many people sharing this opinion around here.
>>
>>27398041
None of the games post-Silver/Gold have particularly fussed me.
Looking forward to Sun/Moon but I was pretty meh on Black and White and felt it a struggle to complete.
>>
>>27397760
>SuMo
off to reddit you go
>>
>>27398059
well, gen5 was, from my point of view, the best gen, mainly because of its story.

Now, I get some people here don't like text in their RPGs and, well, those people might not like gen5 for this exact reason. this and the fact that the tutorial in B2/W2 spans through the 3 first badges which is a major pain.

so, yes, if you don't like text in RPGs, you might prefer hg/ss to X/Y or even OR/AS
>>
>>27397621
>you cant transfer any of them over
It's a shame you can't trade anymore but your pokémon can be transferred to Gen 5 and then Gen 6.
>>
>>27398119
It's not that Gen V had a lot of text, it's that it had a lot of the SAME text over and over.

And an insane encounter rate that destroys any enthusiasm to explore when you hit a pokemon that simply isn't worth the trouble of fighting every two steps.

And Railroading. Lots of railroading. Railroading so desperate that a guy flat out says "You can't go this way right now" in as open an admission of terrible game design as that moment in Final Fantasy XIII where you are told to grind in a certain area.

And redundant pokemon designs, since they made a complete set of new ones, rather than tossing old favorites into their usual roles, thus making the new ones more interesting to ferret out.

And that insanely barren postgame: A bunch of grassy fields with a level jump and the same unbearable encounter rate, some towns without so much as a Pokemon Center, and NOTHING TO DO IN ANY OF IT.

Yeah, Gen V is my LEAST favorite gen for many reasons. I think it's the only one I actually don't like.
>>
>>27398119
I don't have a problem with a lot of text or story, but family issues and PETAfaggotry does not a good Pokemon game make.
>>
File: ?.jpg (22KB, 303x320px) Image search: [Google]
?.jpg
22KB, 303x320px
>>27398244
>the evil team shouldn't be evil, it doesn't make a good game
>>
>>27398119
I like text and stories and appreciate the fact B/W is more memorable from a story perspective because of this.

Gameplay wise, the innovations and the atmosphere felt better tuned in SS/HG and the pokemon werent too weird looking. Steel and Dark were good type additions as well.

It was just perfect as you could head over to Kanto and fight everyone there as well.
>>
>>27398254
That's literally not what I said or even implied. It's mostly N's faggotry I object to anyway, Plasma stealing Pokemon under the pretense of saving them is fine by me.
>>
>>27398254
It's more to do with the fact that they are obvious strawmen, to the point that they practically dress as strawmen. It's actually pretty startling how hard the game pushes you to become the sort of rampant-catching, abusive trainer that Team Plasma claims to oppose, all while you crush the dreams of your friends in battle.
Thread posts: 23
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.