[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Dark Void >Moody >Moody always seems to boost evasion,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 63
Thread images: 3

File: 235.png (20KB, 346x387px) Image search: [Google]
235.png
20KB, 346x387px
>Dark Void
>Moody
>Moody always seems to boost evasion, accuracy or speed

This thing is seriously fucking aids and I just remembered why I quit competitive Pokemon a while ago. Yeah I'm not returning to this literal cancer.

>BUT OP, JUST USE TAUNT
Lel fake out every fucking time.
>BUT OP, JUST PREDICT THAT AND USE PROTECT!
Lel feint every. FUCKING. TIME!

Yes I'm mad.
>>
>>27397329
just play smogon, they banned that like two or three years ago
>>
>>27397329

I feel you... no wonder pokemon games sales are lowering every year, these games are pure cancer... no I'm serious moves like protect, fake out, stupid abilities ect. are just forced & never should exist
>>
>>27397329
>my favourite pokemon is pretty much a shitposter
>>
Smeargle with
>Spore
>Lock On
>Sheer Cold

why is that not a thing?
>>
>disliking art doge

git gud
>>
>>27397389
>Sturdy
>>
>>27397450
>what is fake out?
>>
>>27397450
Doesn't Sheer Cold bypass Sturdy?
If not, just add Bullet Punch or something
>>
>>27397524
>>27397515
sturdy is also a flat out immunity to ohko moves.

In fact this is what it did solely before it was buffed to be a focus sash as well.
>>
>>27397329
Just git gud. If you git gud enough, Smeargle will accumulate useless boosts like Attack and lower accuracy.
>>
>>27397355
All the scummy tactics in the game, and protect/fake out is what you take issue with?
>>
>>27397329
I just Nuke it with Superpower or close combat or whatever.
>>
>>27399203
>Smeargle held on with its focus sash!
>Smeargle used dark void!
>Smeargles moody raised its evasion!
>>
>>27397389

At best you kill one Pokemon before you get rammed in your dog pussy.
>>
>>27397355
OK buddy these moves aren't the problem

The Problem is the with power creep that is going on with megas and primals, you can have a good meta with "moves like protect, fake out,"

Plz get gud
>>
>>27399235
>Smeagle is damaged by sandstorm!
Tyranitar FTW.
>>
>>27399310
>Desolate Land
>>
File: 1374089427511.jpg (21KB, 359x245px) Image search: [Google]
1374089427511.jpg
21KB, 359x245px
>>27399334

>Fights in a format that allows legendary Pokemon only to bitch about Smeargle

Gas yourself.
>>
>>27398543
>scummy

I smell verlisify

>>27397355
While a lot of them are convoluted and broken in essence, this is still essentially a turn based combat game, you tell me what advanced and/or unique strategies you would program into it if you made your own
>>
Oh, are we in doubles now? With a Primal Groudon?
>>
>>27397329
Why not just lead with a magic bounce mon or mirror coat if you hate painter dog so much op?

>>27399334
worry seed or gastro acid desu
>>
>>27399387
Is Smeargle a problem in any other meta?>>27399469
But then you don't have sand up
>>
>>27397329
gee its not like substitute is a thing. OH WAIT
>>
>>27399752
You guys don't get it if you sub then the partner can set up
>>
>>27399760
what are defog, whirlwind, literally any priority moves after setting up a sub
>>
>>27399760
FUCKING MAGIC BOUNCE
>>
>>27399767
Smergles usually run Fake out, Follow Me, Spikey Sheild and Dark Void

This protects xern from these moves while it gets +2 fairy aura dazzling gleams

You Obvi dont play
>>
>>27399794
what in gods name is fake out going to accomplish aside from free minimal damage
>>
>>27399791
None of the magic bounce pokemon can stand up to xern
>>
>>27399809
so switch
>>
>>27399812
Then you get dark voided
>>27399808
It Lets xern set up geomancy
>>
>>27399808
Guaranteed flinch, stopping whichever of your mons is a bigger threat from moving for one turn.
>>
>>27399808
>He doesn't play VGC
>>
>>27399816
why would you switch on smeargle? why would you not switch into a xerneas counter? it sounds like you just complain about what you can't do rather then what you could accomplish. >>27399817
oooo that sounds so crippling.
>>
>>27399846
There are no xern counters that counter smerg tho
>>
>>27399809
Special mega Absol using snatch
>>
>>27399858
stop making excuses there's plenty.
>>
>>27399846
When it allows Xerneas to double three of its stats, or allows Groudon to fire off a precipice blades / full-hp eruption, it really is. Go try playing VGC 16 on showdown or whatever. Come back after you've faced a few dozen Xerneas/Groudon/Smeargle/Kangaskhan teams and tell me that they aren't cancerous.
>>
>>27399870
Enjoy getting Dazzling Gleamed
>>27399880
Besides Crobat which gets shit on by stuff what?
>>27399901
A reasonable anon
>>
>>27399870
Then get stucked for a turn into Geomancy and get rekt by a second turn Dazzling Gleam, yeah.

The best "counter" for Smeargle + Xerneas is Lum Berry Crobat/Bronzong
>>
File: 1464912937268.jpg (170KB, 747x521px) Image search: [Google]
1464912937268.jpg
170KB, 747x521px
>>27399901
git gud
>>
>>27399880
Like what? Lum berry crobat with taunt and haze? That does fine, except when smeargle goes crafty shield while Xerneas geomancies, then switches into talon while Xern protects, then brave bird + dazzling KOs crobat and partner. Like >>27399915 said, you basically need double fairy resists along with taunt or safeguard, and basically all pairs like that get shat on by some combination of Groudon, Talonflame, and Salamence.
>>
>>27399915
How do you get rekt by dazzling gleam when Xerneas is asleep from having dark void magic bounced?
>>
>>27399927
Half of US nats top cut teams had Xerneas Groudon Smeargle, including both finalists. Considering its been the most prominent combination since the start of the season, I don't think it would still be so successful if it had any reliable counters.
>>
>>27399989
It doesnt dark void into a magic bounce retard
>>
>>27399989
You're assuming that smeargle is just going to recklessly dark void. In a Bo3, or even Bo1 against a cautious player, your opponent will be expecting the magic bounce and will go for fake out or spiky shield + an attack to eliminate absol.
>>
>>27399989
>>27400045
Not to say that magic bounce is useless; somebody did win a regional using Espeon. It definitely discourages smeargle/xern, but you still have to outplay your opponent somewhat.
>>
>>27397355
Pokemon sales are not lowering because of competitive gaming. It's lowering because it's the same fucking game every year. Outside of the community, nobody gives a shit to competitive Pokemon.
>>
>>27400022
Then find the Pachirisu that does and stop bitching. It's popular because it takes little effort and is very effective, that doesn't mean there is not an answer to it.
>>
>>27399387
you didnt play vgc 2016
>>
>>27397329
Insomnia primeape
Vital throw throh with flame orb
>>
>>27400140
Patchi worked only because they're was no CHALK or Big 6
>>
>>27400159
>supposed counters to smeargle that get insta bopped by xern and pdon
Wew lad
>>
>>27400140
My point is that even with all the skilled players who've been trying to counter-team big 6, the team has only had to change very slightly to stay relevant (Cress/Zong over Talon, bulkier Groudon and Xern builds). It's definitely possible that somebody will break out a crazy new strategy at worlds that beats big 6 (without getting destroyed by everything else), but it's not a given that such a strategy even exists.
>>
>>27399846
A free turn is super crippling, what the hell
>>
>>27400162
I wish people would stop putting CHALK and Big 6 in the same boat. CHALK wasn't really a thing for most of the season-those mons were pretty popular individually, but that combination, particularly with those builds, wasn't widespread. We didn’t even see that much cresselia or heatran until the season was well underway, and scarf landorus was THE set until sometime around nats, and at worlds we saw life orb, sash, yache, and vest. The meta was actually kind of all over the place leading up to worlds - Japan Sand was still a thing, both US nats finalists were using Mega-Gardevoir teams, Charizard-Y Sun teams were having strong finishes, Mega venusaur won a bunch in Europe, etc. With such a wide field, counter-teaming is basically impossible because there's no telling what you might face. Instead, the top teams were these flexible builds that have few bad matchups but also few great ones, so a skilled player can use them to win against just about anything. Post-worlds, CHALK became the team to counter, so players started developing sets like Azumarill and Porygon2 which have positive matchups against it. Big 6 has been around since the start of this season, and people have yet to develop a hard counter to it.
>>
>>27400284
Xerneas used protect
Greninja used protect
Primeape used close combat, its super effective
Smeargle hang on its focus sash
Smeargle used dark void
Greninja protected itself
It does not affect Primeape...
Smeargle's moody raised its attack and lowered speed
Primeape used close combat, its super effective
Smeargle fainted
Greninja used trash can, its super effective
Greninja's protean made it poison type
Xerneas fainted
>>
>>27401479
Smeargle used fake out
Greninja flinched (or protect, either way not attacking)
Xerneas used geomancy
Primeape used close combat
Smeargle held on with its focus sash

Xerneas used dazzling gleam
Greninja fainted!
Primeape fainted!

Or if you sash greninja (which doesn't even OHKO Xern btw)
Come back Smeargle. Go, talonflame!
Xerneas used protect
Greninja used gunk shot, Xerneas protects itself
Primeape????

Talonflame used brave bird
Xerneas used dazzling gleam
Greninja fainted!
Primeape fainted!
>>
>>27401568
>Xerneas used dazzling gleam
>Greninja avoided the attack using its bright powder
>Primeape lives on 1 hp with its focus band

:^)
>>
>>27401646
Follow the battle maison's lead, run quick claw Muk. So many times I've lost my ludicolo to that stupid fast gunk shot.
>>
Hello, I have been trying to get this Pokemon for weeks now to no avail. Could somebody please help me out?

I tried breedingditto sub section on reddit and a few other places but they are all gigantic faggots.

McLovin(Ditto) @ Destiny knot
Ability: Imposter
Shiny: Yes
lvl:100
EVs: none
Jolly Nature
IVs: 31 everything
Pokeball
- Transform
OT Name: Logan

I put up a lvl2 female zigazgoon on GTS with message: thanks vp

I would appreciate this a lot. It doesn't even have to be shiny or the same nature. Thank you.
Thread posts: 63
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.