[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can someone explain to me how Pokemon fighting is any different

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 7

File: image.jpg (45KB, 373x521px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
45KB, 373x521px
Can someone explain to me how Pokemon fighting is any different than dog fighting? Why do you people pretend to care about them and then treat them like filth? Why?

You literally fight them for glory and money. They go through a lot of pain just so your pathetic asses can be called a champion. And what do you do when you're done with them? You shove them in a fucking ball until you're ready to fight them again. You go into the wild to find innocent Pokemon to knock out so your Pokemon can make gains. This is abuse.

This is modern slavery, ethically speaking.how do you justify this, vp? How do you justify the violent disgusting underbelly of this game?
>>
Read the red/blue manual and listen to the professor. It is _dangerous_ to go into the tall grass, as you will be attacked by wild monsters.
>You fight other people in nonlethal matches to train so you can survive in the wilds.
It evolved from necessity into competition, but it's still good to have protection if you go into the great outdoors, like these kids.
>What's worse, training side-by-side with an animal who is your guardian and friend so you can both fight things off without killing them, or simply slaughtering them all, as humans actually do to threats?
Nature is scary. We fight it, the people in pokemon decided to have it on their side.
>>
It's in Pokemon's DNA to fight. Thats why the only way for most of them to evolve is to fight eachother. It's what their genetics intended.
>>
play BW1 OP
>>
File: [LAUGHTER STOPS].jpg (32KB, 189x189px) Image search: [Google]
[LAUGHTER STOPS].jpg
32KB, 189x189px
>>27395126
>Can someone explain to me how Pokemon fighting is any different than dog fighting?
Hello, PeTA.
>>
File: image8.jpg (45KB, 300x300px) Image search: [Google]
image8.jpg
45KB, 300x300px
>>27395267 (cont.)
Pokemon are intelligent and cunning. They allied with humans, like wolves.
>There was a time where people had ACTUAL WOLVES that they raised to defend settlements, not inbred adorable things like we have now
Pokemon humanity takes a different path than real humanity and instead of "kill animal that are strong and not frend" they go with "make MORE strong animal frend".
>Pic related

>>27395273
Eh, I feel it's more along the lines of the ones who gain life experience survive longer and get stronger and battles/sparring are a good way to git gud to stay alive.

>>27395281
This. It covers the question quite well.

>>27395284
While i'm mass-responding, here's your (you).
>>
Pokemon enjoy fighting apparently
>>
Pokemon need to fight in order to evolve. It is safe to assume that every Charmander wants to become a fucking Charizard.
The thing is, if they stay in their natural environnement (like some tall grass next to Pallet Town), they will most likely stagnate, surrounded by other mons just as mediocre as them.

It's a win-win situation for both the trainer and the mon, since the trainer gets fame and money, and the mon becomes a fucking dragon.

A few details complement this. For example, you can't catch a fainted pokemon and you have to weaken it with another mon (hence why Team Rockets are considered poachers). When a mon stops struggling in that ball, it actually acknowledges you as a trainer worthy of training it, since the mon you trained just wiped the floor with it.
>>
File: 1468993309146.jpg (89KB, 672x593px) Image search: [Google]
1468993309146.jpg
89KB, 672x593px
>>27395267
Sceryi mionsters
>>
Pokemon enjoy fighting, because it helps them grow stronger. Pokemon like having trainers because they can fight and become strong without risking getting killed like in the wild.

>You shove them in a fucking ball until you're ready to fight them again.
Pokeballs have comfortable virtual worlds inside.

>You go into the wild to find innocent Pokemon to knock out so your Pokemon can make gains.
Wild Pokemon are the ones that start the fight.
>>
File: 1469684427514.gif (788KB, 540x280px) Image search: [Google]
1469684427514.gif
788KB, 540x280px
>>27397033
>Pokémon enjoy fighting. Because it helps them grow.
Yes but they grow through love and affection by their trainer. Fighting makes them stronger in battles but it's the success after a fight that makes them evolve.

>Pokeballs have comfy world's inside
NAH that's bs they get split into their dna and a Pokeball is an alchemists device to capture and carry around dna. I don't think there's a comfy world inside.

>Wild Pokémon are the ones that start the fight
Fucking kek you step into their natural habitat and expect them not to attack? And then you kill them or capture them just so you can use them as personal slaves or fight with them.
>>
>>27395517
This. When happiness is a measurable value - and it's proven that fighting and winning increases it universally - you can't really argue otherwise.
>>
>>27397081

> I don't think there's a comfy world inside.
In XY, see you you can decorate the area your Pokemon is in? That is the inside of the pokeball. Plus Pokemon Go's description of pokeballs literally says so.

>And then you kill them
You don't kill wild Pokemon, you knock them out.
>so you can use them as personal slaves or fight with them
Pokemon let themselves get caught. That's why you can't catch a fainted Pokemon, because it only works on a willing mon.
>>
Don't forget the part where you otherwise trade them away for something better and store them away to do nothing but collect dust for all eternity.
>>
>>27395126
N pls go
>>
>>27397278

Except it shows in the anime that when you, "store," them, they go to the professor who gives them excellent care and lets them roam in a natural habitat.
>>
>>27397302
The anime is irrelevant. It is not an explanation of the games. It is a different thing altogether. It is not an explanation.
>>
>>27397278
I cycle my 'mons and level them evenly. Everything is viable. I take YEARS to fully level a pokemon game to take the champ with LITERALLY ANY pokemon at my disposal. Not a one-sweeper party, not an abominable team of unstoppable retardation, not a box of usable monsters. All. Of. Them.
>there is no end to the depths of my autism
>>
>>27397443
Okay, mister evil overlord, whatever you say.
>>
>>27395281

B/W was a copout, though. Game Freak was so terrified that kids might agree with Team Plasma that they made them as obviously evil as possible. But they never refuted their points, except by saying "Pokemon love being captured and forced to fight, trust us :^)"
>>
>responding to a tripfag
uh?
>>
>>27397081
Fuck off edgelord, Masuda himself has stated that Pokeballs are comfy.
>>
>>27395126
its fun lol
>>
>>27397654
That was not written for kids. There is no way kids would even understand it. It was explicitly written to berate us for doing what the game tells us to do. That is their true error.
>>
File: 1469694155648.jpg (39KB, 720x575px) Image search: [Google]
1469694155648.jpg
39KB, 720x575px
>>27397664
Just so cucks like you got a straw to hold on when people with a working brain bash Pokémons concept.
>>
>>27395126
Lots of anons pointed out reasons to believe Pokémon needs are different from animal meeds.

But it even if it is just a magical dog fight, what is the problem with that? It is fiction, it is alowed to be unethical in order to be fun. I don't like violence IRL, but I like it in games.

I see lots of complaints about things that make no sense in Pokémon and people do not consider that if GF were to make it realistic, it would add nothing to the gameplay itself.

TL;DR: if you want a harmless game, go play Nintendogs instead.
>>
File: cfg.png (3KB, 625x626px) Image search: [Google]
cfg.png
3KB, 625x626px
>>27395126
PETA please leave
>>
>>27395126
>ethically speaking.how do you justify this, vp?
i can do it in 4 fucking words
they are not real.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.