[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

With Hyper Training, I was at first unimpressed since it would

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 3

File: 1464040000998.png (83KB, 512x512px) Image search: [Google]
1464040000998.png
83KB, 512x512px
With Hyper Training, I was at first unimpressed since it would probably be faster to breed than to grind a mon up to level 100, especially one that's just going to be scaled to level 50 anyways.

Then I remembered something.

You're never going to have to breed for Hidden Power ever again.

Sure, this probably won't stop injectors. That's fine. The method used to achieve your end result Pokemon doesn't make you a better or worse battler. But for those who don't mind breeding, this is fantastic news.
>>
File: 1spinyukari1.gif (15KB, 133x133px) Image search: [Google]
1spinyukari1.gif
15KB, 133x133px
It mostly applies to lengendaries anon
>>
>>27394934
That's good as well. Also Baby Pokemon.
>>
>>27394819
I'm just glad I can go through my adventure without getting my autism triggered as much because I know things are fixable later on. Now I just need a nature changer and the ability to get your hidden ability so I can just go around catching shit that seems interesting like a real trainer instead of trying to farm pokemon with the right nature.
>>
>>27394819
You can use this to get any discontinued past-gen move tutor/special event move Pokemon with flawless IVs. Notable ones include:

Softboiled Clefable
Fissure Machamp (from Gen1, once that's possible)
Sucker Punch from 4th gen
XD purified moves (90% are shit though)
Selfdestruct Wailord
Metronome shenanigans
>>
>>27394819
I just want it to be able to lower my IVs also, so I can just go for the 5IV and then drop attack to 0 on special attackers and maybe fiddle with some others for HPs.
>>
File: .png (83KB, 512x384px) Image search: [Google]
.png
83KB, 512x384px
>>27395069
I completely forgot about those.

There's also event mons like Wish Chansey assuming you've got a nice nature on it.
>>
>>27395069
Scarf Machamp with fissure. Yeesh
>>
Do you think you'll be able to reduce IVs though? Would suck if you already had an IV at 31 that you needed at 30 for a specific hidden power. Or if you wanted 0 speed for trick room.

All I know is after breeding an hp ground Sylveon, I'm NEVER doing that shit again.

>>27395069
Also hidden ability legendaries from dream radar.
>>
>>27395069
>Sucker Punch from 4th gen
I'm still hoping they'll bring it back someday.
>>
>>27395022
It's going to make breeding all those incense shitters much easier, you'll finally be able to use incense + everstone instead of incense + destiny knot.
>>
It's less good for hidden power and moreso the fact that that you can use your in-game bros competitively as long as they have good natures and you don't ever have to worry about soft resetting events or legendaries again for good IVs.

The fact that there is a mere OPTION to alter IVs in any way after the Pokemon is generated is amazing and should have been implemented years ago.
>>
>>27395069
>XD purified moves (90% are shit though)
IMO I think these are useful:
>Refresh Salamence
>Heal Bell Dragonite, Altaria, and Lapras
>Follow Me Mr. Mime, Magmar, Electabuzz
>Psycho Boost Lugia
>>
It would have to be pretty much ineffectual to be slower than breeding for IVs.
>>
>>27394819
Did you hatched a Electrike with perfect Nature, the best moves for it, flawless IVs on SpA and Spe, but it has HP Dragon or Bug? NO PROBLEM! With Hyper Training you can alter its IVs and change its shitty HP for HP Ice without having to breed for ages!
>>
>>27395192
>no Selfdestruct Mewtwo
>>
>>27397354
Didnt the Pikachu get 31 IV in pretty much everything for using that once? that mean you can only get hidden power dark
>>
>>27395065
Just get a Synchronizer.
>>
>>27397399
>He actually believes Hyper Training maxes out all IVs after a single use
>>
>>27397435
Yeah, did you see the trailer, didnt you?
>>
>>27397454
They didn't showcase the usage of the feature, they only showcased the fact that it existed. Showing a random Pikachu's summary screen and afterwards a perfect IV Pikachu's doesn't mean the feature lets you maximize IVs with just one single use.

Besides, we already know that you pay for the feature with Bottle Caps, and that there exists different types of Bottle Caps. See where I'm going with this?
>>
>>27395111
I've been wondering this, like what if you could drain IVs from a stat, and put them in another? Like say, bringing down a perfect att stat on a special attacker to reduce foul play damage, and then being able to place them elsewhere? That would make the feature perfect, and the bottlecap grind more lenient.
>>
>>27397502
Would also make getting the right hidden power easier than ever
>>
>>27395192
>Heal Bell Dragonite
It sounds really neat, but there are better Pokemon for heal bell use that don't get OHKO'd by Ice Beam.
>>
>>27397572
It's a new kind of grinding that's less grinding than the old kind of grinding.
>>
>>27395111
It's not that difficult though, just transfer N's Pokemon from memory link if you have the means. They all have 6 30ivs
>>
>>27395069
>perfect IV Wish Blissey

pls no
>>
>>27395069
>XD
Fuck off reddit
>>
>>27395069
Don't forget Defog
>>
>>27398268
I can no longer tell when these posts are supposed to be ironic
>>
>>27395192
Psycho Boost Lugia isn't that great. It's hardly an attacker, so you'll only be using it for cheap damage.

Also, the one from XD is stuck with Pressure, because Multiscale is an HA.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.