[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>every pokemon game >go to gym >all my non-starter pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 3

File: 250px-Red_EN_boxart.png (134KB, 250x251px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Red_EN_boxart.png
134KB, 250x251px
>every pokemon game
>go to gym
>all my non-starter pokemon suck dick and get one-shot
>send in overleveled starter to sweep the whole gym
>starter procedes to get even more overleveled
>while the rest of the team remain even more underleveled
>repeat for the entire game

why are these games designed so badly?
>>
Because Blastoise is the best!
No surprises there.
>>
>>27393620
>overleveled starter

That's your fault
>>
>>27393620

You're putting too much faith in your partner.

You gotta let the others shine.

You also maybe don't want to pick such garbage Pokemon to fight with you.
>>
So dont overlevel your starter
Swap and use multi exp

Currently on platinum, my lowest is 34 and highest is 37
>>
>fell for the "even leveled team" meme
>stagnate and run out of trainers to battle
>get frustrated and stop playing

Every pokemon game is the same, if you only use your starter to rape everything, you'll beat the game very quickly. If you actually try and train a decent team, you'll fall behind and get frustrated as you have to grind them all
>>
>>27393620
That's what I did before gen 6. Now I'm actually able to have full teams
>>
I've noticed that this gets a lot more pronounced in later games. Particularly been seeing it in my replay of XY, where I have to go out of my way to keep my team at a similar level, especially at the beginning.
>>
>>27393643
It's the only thing that can KO a pokemon where I am.
>>
>>27393651
>You also maybe don't want to pick such garbage Pokemon
He's playing red anon
>>
>>27393680
The problem is that you can't battle the same trainers twice so after you run out of trainers and gyms, you're stuck grinding wild pokemon

If GF wasn't retarded, you'd be able to rematch every single trainer. Or, they could make gyms like actual GYMS, where you go to get stronger. Instead of just hopelessly losing, or beating them first try
>>
I blame the "speed" stat. It makes overleveling anything an unstoppable shitwrecker. Make it a fixed value for each pokemon at any level.
>>
>>27393715
They did.. In fr/lg, wasn't possible in ye olde days of gboy, even if it is a simple item.
>>
Don't make a full team of 6. Make a solid team of 3-4 mons that cover each other's bases. Fill the rest of the party with HM slaves and grinding will be a thing of the past.
>>
>>27394317
Don't need to do that after gen 6 exp share, you can literally build a new team each time you reach a new town.
>>
I have been playing since Blue and this has literally never happened to me. Sounds like your teams suck and you don't bother treating your other Pokemon well.

>>27393715
I'd like the idea of actual gyms, where you can rematch trainers continuously even after you get the badge.
>>
>>27394386
Honestly this is my favorite thing about Gen VI. As I find new Pokemon, I never have to worry about how they'll start off as weaker than my current team, because I know they'll catch up pretty quickly and, most importantly, without grinding. My final team for Y version was about 12 Pokemon that I swapped in and out of my party as current situations dictated, and it was amazing.
>>
>>27394386
>leaving it on

Casual detected.
>>
File: 1385649139789.jpg (38KB, 520x520px) Image search: [Google]
1385649139789.jpg
38KB, 520x520px
>>27393702

Your point?
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.