[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Pokemon Colosseum or GOD?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 14
Thread images: 3

File: GDnzYBS.png (80KB, 311x218px) Image search: [Google]
GDnzYBS.png
80KB, 311x218px
Discuss.

For me I think Colosseum is better. I know people dislike manually purifying everything but there are only 48 shadow pokemon and if you play as intended you use all of them throughout the game. In XD you just had them purified in the background completely detached from you're doing and if you're purifying a team member, you're gonna have him in the party anyways so what's the point? I think XD needed to wait another gen or two. In XD shadow pokemon were spammed in without much purpose or reason and it makes the endgame drag. In PC they were your only way of obtaining Johto pokemon.
Also the sinister feeling that was present in even beautiful places like Phenac City isn't there save for the Cipher Key Lair and Citidark Isle. They depersonalified Duking and other characters. Like before Duking was a troubled man you felt bad for because he was stuck between a rock and a hard place and was willing to let a criminal organization fuck things up for the entire town just so his pokemon is safe.That's a decision some people arn't strong enough to make. And is XD he's just there to introduce wild pokemon and that's fucking it!
And what new characters do we get? Fucking Luvrina who is SO annoying she SO gets on my nerves and is SO not a good character like Duking SO was.
Ya know how I was talking about the sinisterness being only present in the last two areas? If you compare the levels of pokemon in Pyrite town to the levels present at the beginning of Citidark Isle They're at the same levels. So the game gets sinister right where Colosseum get's started, both in areas and in levels. What do you think? I'd love to hear your thoughts.
>>
>>27390370
TL;DR
They took what was great about Colosseum and fucked it up while making it more like the main games.
>>
Yeah XD may have fucked up a few things but it gave you more options for your team.
>>
>>27390477
>Implying that's a good thing.
>>
File: 1468333619831.png (72KB, 210x243px) Image search: [Google]
1468333619831.png
72KB, 210x243px
>>27390518
>>
File: 1469035192945.jpg (72KB, 320x371px) Image search: [Google]
1469035192945.jpg
72KB, 320x371px
>>27390533
You seem upset.
>>
>>27390370
GoD is superior on the grounds if fixed many issues with Colosseum (having to manually purify was a pain, not having enough variety and what was there were mostly shitmon), and while GoD is weaker in the plot department, plot never matters in video games anyways so whatever.
>>
Colosseum had a better atmosphere and story, and I actually liked the sheer number of shitmon in it. You had to strategize. That said, being the first iteration of the GC games made it have all the problems that a first iteration has.

GOD ironed those out, so that while it wasn't as cool a game, it fixed whatever flaws Colosseum had.
>>
>>27391046
I'd disagree. Colosseum's limited options allowed you to use pokemon that you wouldn't normally use.The idea that plot isn't important in games is a bad argument. Especially sense these games are RPGs.
It's an excuse for a major flaw, not an argument as to why it's better that Colosseum.
>>
>>27391086
But GoD also introduced the rule that if you lose a battle after snagging a pokemon, that pokemon returns to the trainer. With some fights having 2+ shadow pokemon, this is a problem.
>>
>>27391126
But I don't want to use pokemon I wouldn't normally use, because if I don't normally use them, they're probably shit.
>>
>>27390477
>Yeah XD
gb2gaia
>>
>>27391334
There are still plenty of options. I think maybe this is Colosseum's weak point though.
>>
>>27391159
>Losing an in game battle
Wew lad

Also, I like Mirror B's battle theme in GoD more.
Thread posts: 14
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.