[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I just played this, maybe its because of xyoras, but i actually

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 118
Thread images: 11

File: serveimage2.jpg (853KB, 1654x1524px) Image search: [Google]
serveimage2.jpg
853KB, 1654x1524px
So I just played this, maybe its because of xyoras, but i actually think its pretty good, bar gen 5s pokemon designs.

What did you think? the start is pretty strong imo
>>
>>27385853
Too much fucking dialogue, can I move 15 steps without having an NPC bother me?
>>
>>27385868

holy shit this, i dropped the game at that fucking movie studio bullshit

what that fuck is this trash, i just want to catch and battle people
>>
>>27385853
It's terrible. The only Pokemon game I've ever dropped.
>>
>>27385853
Best main game in the series.
>>
>>27385883
>>27385868
Can we actually have one thread where people who played the game are talking about it for once?
>>
>>27385940
>STOP DISAGREEING WITH ME!!!1
Shut the fuck up.
>>
>>27385940

please explain how those are not valid criticisms
>>
>>27385889
only game i almost dropped was OR, it was bonkers bad. Only powered through so that i could rematch e4 for easy leveling
>>
>>27385853
I hate most of the Unova Pokemon, they were god awful in design, I understand why they would copy Kanto Pokemon, but having to cherrypick some Pokemon is ridiculous.
>>
>>27385967
I don't know, maybe because you haven't actually provided one?
I mean you basically just said
>I don't want to get invested so it's bad!
>>
>>27385967
Not that anon, but >>27385883 has the attention span of a goldfish if he couldnt sit through the movie stuff. Dont get me wrong, you should have been given the option of skipping it altogether but dropping the game over it is kids grade stuff
>>
>>27385868
>>27385883
>>27385963
>>27385967
>play JRPG
>WHY ARE ALL THESE NPCS TALKING TO ME?!

You should be talking to every character on your own in the first place. Go take your ADHD somewhere else.
>>
>There are people who have completed BW2 and never played BW
>>
>>27385995

the movie shit is simply the best example

you are bombarded with nonsense you dont care about and mashing through text screens constantly up to that point

>>27385994
>you need to play the whole game to say if its bad!!

not an argument
>>
File: 1467144119423.jpg (19KB, 239x207px) Image search: [Google]
1467144119423.jpg
19KB, 239x207px
>>27386000
>too much dialogue in a JRPG isn't a problem
>implying that i want to have a relationship with two dingbats for the entire journey
>>
>>27386000
>>27385995
>>27385994
Speaking of JRPGs with too much text you know what had too much text?
Cyber Sleuth. Way too many memes in it too, it makes a modern Nintendo game look as serious as the bible.
>>
The cutscene with Kyurem absorbing Reshiram/Zekrom is easily the best cutscene out of any Pokémon game ever.

All in all, I enjoyed almost everything about B2W2.
>>
>>27386014
>the movie shit is simply the best example
>you are bombarded with nonsense you dont care about and mashing through text screens constantly up to that point

ADHD confirmed
>>
>>27386000

JRPGs are usually plot driven, so yes you want to get all the dialogue

however if you care about the "story" and characters in a pokemon game, you should neck yourself
>>
>>27386017
Then don't play an RPG.
Text is literally half of the adventure in all of them.

Hell all video game RPGs are derived from games like D&D which is nearly entirely text based if you choose not to make props and what not.

If you do't like reading RPGs are literally the wrong genre for you.
>>
>he still thinks pokemon is an RPG

haha holy shit

you retards are basically the equivalent of playing diablo for the story
>>
>>27386010
for what purpose?
>>
>>27386029
>not caring about Pokemon's best story
It's high enough from the usual schlock in Pokemon to become average for Pokemon.
>>
>>27386061
I hope you don't think Pokemon is an action/adventure platformer.
>>
>>27385853
Great follow-up to B/W

>habitat Pokedex for tracking mons in each area
>Pokemon from all gens available
>more development for characters from B/W
>New starting point and gyms
>"Repel has worn off. Would you like to use another Repel?"
>PWT allows for interesting matches against other gen's gym leaders and champions
>Great main game path through the region
>>
>>27386063

Way back when there were people who were fed up with the two versions and a superior third version down the line format so they thought they could cheat the system by just waiting for the third version.

>they got cucked 2 generations in a row
>>
>>27386087
Watch out for contrarians anon.
Also you forgot about join avenue
>>
File: vlippan145343.jpg (364KB, 1200x887px) Image search: [Google]
vlippan145343.jpg
364KB, 1200x887px
>>27385853
>bar gen 5s pokemon designs.
Here we go again. There was nothing wrong with the Gen 5 designs. Most of the legendaries and the monkeys were bad, but other than that they were really solid.
>>
>>27385853
Once you're free, it's really feels like a open world. This is around the 3rd gym
>>
>>27386175
>Most of the legendaries
Eh, only the genies are bad.
>>
>>27386024
I disagree. Rayquaza coming down to tell Kyogre and Groudon to stfu in Emerald was easily the best cutscene out of all the games. That's just my opinion, of course, but I'm sure some will agree with me here.
>>
>>27386175
my problem with gen 5 6 and 7 is most of the designs have delliberatly clashing elements and wouldnt make sense to evolve that what,
>>
>>27386024
I dunno, the one where N's castle comes out of the fucking ground gave me frisson when i saw it ingame. But the Kyurem one is probably better
>>
>>27386273
>most of the designs have delliberatly clashing elements and wouldnt make sense to evolve that what,

Yes. I long for the days of Remoraid > Octillery.
>>
>>27386273
>my problem with gen 5 6 and 7 is most of the designs have delliberatly clashing elements
Such as?
More often than not it's a case of someone not knowing the concept.
>>
>>27385910
Good taste anon
>>
File: 1459348151823.png (98KB, 789x308px) Image search: [Google]
1459348151823.png
98KB, 789x308px
>>27386273
I don't ever see that. Gen 5's lines almost always make sense.
>>
>>27386024
Spooky Giratina is better tbqh, and it's not even a "proper" cutscene.
>>
>>27386351
final evo.

dick nose wouldnt develope like that, especially when it looks like its designed for speed while he stands on two legs that are not built for running.

unless hes actually meant to be a krokodil dealer and is just falling apart
>>
>>27386443
Eh, Giratina was shit in all honesty.
Comes out of nowhere and ends quickly.
>>
>>27386443
azure flute is even better imo2q
>>
>>27386480
>especially when it looks like its designed for speed
Where did you get this from?
Nothing suggests speed from the design.
>>
>>27386480
>dick nose
Krookodile is Gharial you piece of shit.
>>
>>27386540
That's fine, but I don't want it to be one, so the evolution doesn't make sense.
>>
>>27386507
the head is built aerodynamically and

Black They never allow prey to escape. Their jaws are so powerful, they can crush the body of an automobile.
White It can expand the focus of its eyes, enabling it to see objects in the far distance as if it were using binoculars.
Black 2 Very violent Pokémon, they try to clamp down on anything that moves in front of their eyes.

whats the point of having both good eyes and jaw if you dont even have stealth of speed?
>>
>>27386571
>Base speed 92

You should know by know the Dex entries don't mean shit,
>>
>>27386540
clearly, and gharial have a horse dick for a nose
>>
File: 2.jpg (490KB, 960x1280px) Image search: [Google]
2.jpg
490KB, 960x1280px
>>27386600
>>
>>27386010
Literally me, I gues this js why gen V designs dont bother me, since I was presented to them in a healthy mix with other mons
>>
>>27386612
(if you dare 00:12)

http://horsedick.net/990230183.html
>>
>>27386571
>the head is built aerodynamically and
Be honest you don't know what aerodynamic means do you. Because a stocky body like that is far from aerodynamic.

>Black They never allow prey to escape. Their jaws are so powerful, they can crush the body of an automobile.
Referring to their jaws like regular Crocs/gators.

>White It can expand the focus of its eyes, enabling it to see objects in the far distance as if it were using binoculars.
This has nothing to do with speed.

>Black 2 Very violent Pokémon, they try to clamp down on anything that moves in front of their eyes
Like a regular croc/gator.

>whats the point of having both good eyes and jaw if you dont even have stealth of speed?
Because stealth requires these things but stealth doesn't require speed.

Also someone post the webm of the bird crawling into a croc/gator's mouth or the zebra one.
>>
>>27385853
I've been tempted to pick this up but I don't like the pokemon designs that much and fake GTS systems don't work anymore
>>
>>27386723
crocs can actually go fast, on land and water though
>>
>>27386740
>fake GTS systems don't work anymore
for trading to catridge or what?

pokegen r4 trade up
>>
>>27386000
>>27386050
you know we are talking about fucking Pokèmon right?
>>
>>27386746
>crocs can actually go fast, on land and water though
Fast is a relative word and they aren't that fast which is why their main tactic is waiting and dropping their jaws down
>>
>>27385853
Probably the easiest pokemon game, Unova is undoubtedly home to the ugliest pokemon, too much dialogue and dumb story, I don't like the male protag, kyurem is homo, making it B2W2 instead of gray defeats the point of the third version so it's literally just a rehash, overall 10/10 pretty good
>>
>>27385853
I'm playing it currently, too. Really enjoying it. But
>the start is pretty strong
I disagree, I had to get about 2 badges to really "feel" this game. The beginning, with the farm stuff etc., felt like a chore.
I think it's on par with the original BW, maybe it'll be even better. And it's DEFINITELY better than XY.
>>
>>27386753
i think i've got an old NDS with an Acekard2i lying around somewhere.

I suppose I could pokegen some eggs onto a rom, then trade them to my real cartridge on my 3ds but that sounds pretty tedious
>>
>>27386773
You know that Pokemon is a fucking RPG, right?
>>
>>27386773

Still an RPG. If you don't want to read then this just isn't your type of game.
>>
>>27386785
Here we go
>Stands as the hardest Pokemon game without taking Challenge mode into account
>Sinnoh exists
>RPGs including Pokemon are 50% text
>opinion
>opinion
>only "third game" not to be a rehash
Over all 0/10.
>>
>>27386099
I forgot Union Avenue since I never used it. I saw some guide about Magnemite trading and expanding special items sold there, so I guess that's a plus.
>>
>>27386839
I'm a huge fan of Unova, but Platinum far exceeds Bw2 without challenge mode
>>
>>27386855
>but Platinum far exceeds Bw2 without challenge mode
Eh, not really.
Team composition and movesets are much better in black and white 2 and trainers use more items.
>>
>>27386099
Can you idiots stop using that word to mean people who disagree with me

Sick of seeing it constantly used by both sides so they can feel clever
>>
>>27386943
>can you please stop using a word in the correct context? It's triggering me!
Fuck off.
>>
>>27386794
not really, youre better off 6iv dittoing, then 5 iv your pokemon then breed them in oras
>>
>>27386889
Platinum's gym leaders and Elite 4 have better teams than BW2's
>>
>>27386976
But you can't trade from ORAS to BW2, can you? I don't care about IVs, I just like to play through the game with my buddy shitmon
>>
>>27386960
>Both sides
So what exactly is this correct context? Also it doesn't constitute an argument, it's just making baseless assumptions about people's irrelevant motivations

This is all ignoring the fact that it doesn't actualy just mean hipster like you people seem to think it does
>>
I haven't played any of Gen 5 should I just play the sequel games?
>>
>>27387048
BW2 is superior to BW in every way, BW is still good if a gen 5 only pokedex doesn't bother you
>>
>>27386994
Not really, they only thing they have over the BW2 teams are the extra cannon fodder mon in exchange for coverage.
And even Iris' shashed DD Haxorus and LO Druddigon caught people off guard.
>>
>>27387026
>But you can't trade from ORAS to BW2, can you?
obvisouly not, if you have an r4 just backup the .sav or clone them.
>>
>>27385853
The only bad things about this game is the introduction up till gym 1, and poke star studios.

Other than that it's objectively the greatest pokemon game to ever be created.

Diverse pool of pokemon not even post game, fun storyline, great characters, cynthia, great elite 4, 10/10 soundtrack, and god tier post game.
>>
>>27387048
There are some references to B/W in the sequel games and the first games have the best plot of any mainline game as far as villain and sub character motivations. I'd really recommend playing B/W first as B2/W2 have notable changes and small tweaks that are better appreciated after the first game.

B/W only has Unova Pokemon in the main game as well.
>>
>>27386822
Or maybe I don't want to read in a RPG with dumb story where 90% of the NPC chatter is feelgood friendship crap and I just want to jump to the meat.
You're basically saying that movies aren't for me if I like Citizen Kane but can't stand an Adam Sandler flick.
>>
>>27388481
>Or maybe I don't want to read in a RPG
>>
>>27388481
>You're basically saying that movies aren't for me if I like Citizen Kane but can't stand an Adam Sandler flick.
Except there's a difference between a genre that's entirely visual and one that's part text.

In other words you shouldn't be playing RPGs at all if you can't be bothered to read text that takes a few seconds to get through.
>>
>>27388541
I do read in Pokemon games, I've been speed reading mentally since I was a child, it's not a problem, but if I decided to start skipping everything I would lose pretty much nothing. That's why it's retarded to condemn who doesn't care about NPC chatter because there is almost nothing worth in Pokemon games.
>>27388499
I only fully replay Planescape Torment every other year or so, I guess I don't like RPGs because I find nothing worthy in a game for literal children
>>
>>27388672
>I guess I don't like RPGs because I find nothing worthy in a game for literal children
Then stop playing Pokemon.
>>
>>27388672
If you don't like it, then stop playing
>>
>>27388927
*worthy storywise
don't be a pedantic fuck, you made a fool of yourself enough already.
>>
>>27388980
>you made a fool of yourself enough already.
Coming from the person complaining about text in an RPG.
Look, there's clearly nothing for you here so just stop playing.
>>
>>27389002
no, I complain about you retards condemning (the many) people who rightfully play pokemon for gameplay and not for a story that is one step above sleeptime fairy tales.
People sometimes play videogames for gameplay, crazy huh? So going "no you shouldn't like it NO WAIT YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE THE GENRE AT ALL" because people get annoyed by NPC constantly halting progression (a sin even in good RPGs, let alone when it's to teach you how to use a fucking pokeball or to tell you pokemon are our friends for the twelfth time) is fucking idiotic.
This really isn't a hard concept. Now fuck off, I already wasted enough time to explain the obvious
>>
>>27389065
Hen by that logic shouldn't Gen 5 be the best?
>>
>>27389065
You do realise you're complaining about your lack of reading ability and short attention span right?

> "no you shouldn't like it NO WAIT YOU SHOULDN'T LIKE THE GENRE AT ALL"
This genre is literally all reading to immerse yourself in the story and world. You should have realized this years ago and like it or not it's all the same trite you're getting here.
>>
>>27386061
>He thinks Mario is a platformer
>>
>>27386652
BW is a great experience that makes BW2 so much more enjoyable.
>>
>>27385853
Too much grinding imo. By the time I got to the next gym (after battling every single trainer I could find) I was 10 levels behind still. I just ended up trading over my BW team around the 5th gym just so I could actually get through it. Story of BW was better, too.
>>
>>27389124
no, I explained what I'm complaining about, stop strawmanning because you're out of arguments to defend a story literally made for children.
Props to actually reading my posts and managing to keep lying through your teeth, takes a pretty bold face (or high level autism)
>>27389107
I'm playing through it (Black 1) right now for the first time and it's easily the best written of them all. Nowhere near as the masterpiece some people make it out to be (like how some talk about the concept of "ideals vs truth" being oh so deep mang when N spells it out for you), but it's entertaining. I can totally see why some people wouldn't want to bother though.
>>
>>27389065
>People sometimes play videogames for gameplay
You do realise that the text is part of the gameplay when it comes to RPGs right?

It's not like you're playing a platformer or anything, you're actively reading at every point in the game.
>>
>>27389249
>sitting through blurbs of NPC exposition of the obvious is the same as reading attack names
I'm starting to think you're genuinely retarded if you think I'm complaining about the act of reading itself. I explained myself many times, everyone can read my posts, I wonder who you're trying to fool.
>>
>>27389293
>I explained myself many times, everyone can read my posts, I wonder who you're trying to fool.
I could ask that same question to you seeing as you don't seem to realise what you're complaining about. And given your last post it's all too evident that you lack the ability to take in information properly.

I suggest you stop posting before you make a bigger fool of yourself than you already have.
>>
>>27389330
>you don't seem to realise what you're complaining about
>strawmanning so hard you start to actually think you can warp the meaning of other people's words
Or maybe you're a illiterate manchild who can't into reading comprehension
>>
File: image.jpg (32KB, 593x222px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
32KB, 593x222px
>>27389330
>>27389439
Can both of you relax and shut up?
>>
>>27385853
Best title in the franchise, tied with HGSS.
>>
It's in my Top 3 favorites (technically W2 version). Still don't get the hate for Gen 5 designs.
>>
>>27385853
Don't you talk shit about Garbador.
>>
File: 1435841071231.gif (2MB, 360x270px) Image search: [Google]
1435841071231.gif
2MB, 360x270px
>>27389439
>calling someone out for reading comprehension
>when this entire thread you've been misreading and backpedaling when you get cornered
Jeez and I thought newgenners were retarded but you take the cake.
What, BW too complex for you?

Hell the fact you think the moral was about friendship is enough to tell everyone here how much of a faggot you are.
>>
>>27386773
And you're aware that Pokemon is an RPG right?
While sure story doesn't matter much, RPGs are by their very nature heavy in text. If you don't like reading text or mashing the A button, I suggestion finding a new genre to play.
>>
>>27386000
Sure, JRPGs are text heavy, but there's a point where it gets annoying.
Slightly off topic, I'm playing Summon Night 5 at the moment and the dialogue and occasional tutorial drops are just irritating.
>>
>>27390221
>but there's a point where it gets annoying.
Even Black and White is nothing compared to 90% of JRPGs anon.

If you think this is text heavy to an annoying degree then you need to expand your palette of games.
>>
>>27385853
It kept everything that BW did right, and fixed almost everything it did wrong. Challenge mode especially was something that should have become a standard, but apparently Masuda is afraid kids will be insulted that there dares be an optional thing in the game too hard for them.
>>
>>27390274
Seriously this.
Many RPGs will even have conversations unfold mid fucking battle. People who find gen 5 too text heavy have clearly never played an RPG outside Pokemon.
>>
>>27388481
>and I just want to jump to the meat.
The story is the meat of an RPG you idiot.
>>
>>27390298
>Many RPGs will even have conversations unfold mid fucking battle.
Persona and SMT come to mind as well as the SNES FF games.
Digimon Cyber Sleuth was extremely text heavy.
>>
>THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS THRUTH IDEALS
>>
File: 1464204653129.gif (3MB, 600x326px) Image search: [Google]
1464204653129.gif
3MB, 600x326px
>>27390723
>>
>>27386024
The best was platinum spear pillar imo
>>
>>27385853
>Bar gen 5s pokemon designs

But what did he mean by this?
>>
>>27386024
The best is Primal Groudon waking up. Only of the few things ORAS did it right
>>
>>27386024
guaranteed replies
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3840x2160px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3840x2160px
>>27386175
if by solid you mean, solid piece of shit, then yes you are correct
>>
>>27386175
I loved Gen 5's designs but I don't really get Basculin. Really bland fish.
>>
>>27386017
that's BW1 anon, clearly you didn't read the thread or play BW2
Thread posts: 118
Thread images: 11

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.