[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

can someone redpill me on the fairy type, i havent played since

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 72
Thread images: 9

File: 035Clefairy_Dream.png (107KB, 899x868px) Image search: [Google]
035Clefairy_Dream.png
107KB, 899x868px
can someone redpill me on the fairy type, i havent played since it was added

what is its purpose, and was it even fucking necessary? because it seems really dumb
>>
Its purpose was to stop Outrage spam
It worked
>>
Dragons and fighters were scary and strong. We got pixies that bring little girls into the market and """"""balance""""""" the meta. Oh yeah, and steel and poison sucked offensively so that's what they're weak to because, steel and fairies, and whatever.

Also, lets make sableye and spiritomb get nerfed
>>
>>27385819
Dragon and Fighting were obnoxiously good. Fairy countered them, and looked cute while doing so.

Also, it gave Sableye and Spiritomb a much-deserved weakness, and gave Poison a needed buff.
>>
>>27385891
>Much deserved weakness
As if sableye needed a nerf, let alone spiritomb. The stats it had were absolute trash defensively even with investment, and spiritomb just sucks. Sableye's whole thing was being the weird outcast with no weaknesses.
>>
CUTIEPIES
>>
It could be managed a lot better
>most of them are just cutemons
>has to do with the moon, as Moon blast implies, yet they make a moon legendary right one gen after the type is introduced, only to make it ghost/psychic
>many pokemon that could have fitted the type got no retyping (mismagius, ninetales, Milotic)
>it is overall arbitrary and has little to no consistency
>>
>>27385990
Oh and cresselia
>>
>>27385819
Essentially, Psychic type that can destroy Dragon types and gains 2? 3 resistances? weak to steel and poison.
>>
I'm fine with the name Fairy, but really it should cover everything magic. It's ridiculous to me that Braixen and Delphox are magicians yet are Psychic types.
>>
>>27385819
unnessecary nerf to dragon

dragon was supposed to be strong
now its not as strong
>>
>>27385917
All the better for a weakness, so that Fairyfags like me can drink the tears of butthurt Sableyefags.
>>
>>27385990
I mean, they went through the Gens adding Fairies, but a Cosmic type is really needed and I worry that it's getting too late for them to do so because there are so many candidates they'd need to change.
>>
>>27385819
It made my Sis Azumarill extremely good, so im not complaining
>>
>>27386128
>Claydol
>Solrock
>Lunatone
>Jirachi
>Deoxys
>Cresselia
>Gothitelle
>Beheeyem
>Solgaleo
>Lunala
>Cosmic Power
>Mossdeep Gym
>Anistar Gym
Cosmic type is just Psychic type. There's zero need for it.
>>
>>27385990
>>27386004
Ninetails would be a better as a Fire/psychic, but we have two of those anyways. Also Milotic would be better as a Water/dragon if it were to recieve a second typing due to dragon pulse, but it's single typing works well for what it is. Though I do agree on Mismagius and Cresselia.
>>
>>27386107
I agree but chestnaught and greninja would be both weak unless their sub types were changed accordingly
>>
File: hue.jpg (118KB, 1136x640px) Image search: [Google]
hue.jpg
118KB, 1136x640px
>>27386121
In what world is getting one 2x weakness equal to being butthurt? with M-Sableye there's litteraly no reason to ever feel bad about being a sableyefag
fairies are alright, I'm just hoping gen VII's fairies are more like tapu koko and less like comphey

>>27386243
Delphox fire fairy
Chesnaught Grass steel
Greninja water fighting

There, and the RPG roles theme is kept
>>
>>27386080
How is it psychic? That's like saying water and grass are the same because they're SE against rock and ground
>>
Game balance, Dragon and Fighting needed an offensive nerf and Poison and Steel needed an offensive buff.
>>
>>27386266
Psychics kill both, since most if not all learn ice moves from tms.
>>
>>27386257
Fire resists steel though
>>
File: 1456881102078.png (186KB, 600x600px) Image search: [Google]
1456881102078.png
186KB, 600x600px
>>27385819
Great new type that balanced the game and gave some boring Normal types more personality. Dragonfags still bitch about it 3 years later.
>>
People go around saying that Fairy is arbitrary, but it has quite a few defining characteristics.

It has to do with cuteness/smallness (like the egg group), playfulness/whimsicalness (Mr. Mime, Play Rough), purity or innocence (that's where it's a counterpart to Dark) or actual Fairy lore (Klefki, Mawile). It can also have an "angel" or "guardian" aspect (Gardevoir, Xerneas, Topu Keko).

Some may see that as too varied, but IDK. I feel like all of this groups together pretty nicely as "Fairy" characteristics. It's a better name than "Light" and more fitting with Dragon/Ghost as monster creatures instead of a pure element (even though in the Pokémon franchise all types are considered "elements", as evidenced by things like Hidden Power, the plates, a non-Dragon Pokémon somehow being able to use a "Dragon Pulse", etc)
>>
To balance dragon/fighting types. Also I suspect it was designed to appeal to little kids and girls more.
>>
File: 1459767418371.png (134KB, 317x392px) Image search: [Google]
1459767418371.png
134KB, 317x392px
>>27386107
>Puzzled about Psychic types being magicians
>Forgetting about the Abra line's names
What a retard.
>>
>>27386303
>offensive nerf

Can you read? The problem wasn't being able to kill Dragons, the problem was that nothing could resist Outrage spam except for Steel, which is centralizing.
>>
>>27386107
But you don't get to decide that. It's clear from this that Psychic is the "wizard magic" type, since there are no other witches/wizards (except for Mismagius, which is pure Ghost, which is a different kind of magic I guess).

Sure, they could have decided that Fairy should be the "magic" type instead, but they didn't. So there's no "ridiculousness" here. Delphox typing makes complete sense within the canon that GF has established. Psychic includes "wizard magic", Ghost includes "shadow arts" and Fairy is "nature/pixie magic".
>>
Can you /pol/tards talk like normal human beings?
>>
>people bitching about Sableye and Spiritomb getting nerfed
>No one spares a thought for poor old Scrafty
>>
>>27386555
Scrafty got fucking destroyed by fairies being a thing, and the typing used to be so good, only two weaknesses. I still use him since he's very good, but now coverage moves can kill it, and that hurts
>>
>>27386189
Incorrect - if anything Psychic is bloated with random supernatural sand Pokemon like Clefairy aren't Psychic at all but would easily be Cosmic.
>>
>>27386590
>that drawing
>I-I'm pissed at fairies! I like manly things! N-Not pink gay stuff! I'll draw those bitches getting epically owned by Scrafty, that I'll s-sure show em!

Cringe
>>
>>27385819
Pretty necessary, Dragon spam was getting dumb even in Ubers.

It's a double-edged knife, though, since some Dragons are forced to carry retarded coverage moves like poison to deal with them.
>>
>>27386624
Well, sorry I triggered you, I'd rather post this than a picture realistically showing the result of what would happen in a Scrafty vs sylveon/dedenne/aromatisse/slurpluff 1v4

I like scrafty, I don't hate fairiesm I hate what faries did to scrafty
>>
>>27386656
That's pretty legit mate, but the drawing is still cringe as fuck
>>
File: Emoji.jpg (30KB, 720x438px) Image search: [Google]
Emoji.jpg
30KB, 720x438px
>Balancing the type chart by making a new typing that's stupidly OP
Slap fairy type on anything and watch it go up an entire tier
>>
What if
>ice resists dragon
>fairy resists dragon, not immune
We Would have three types that resist dragon two of which hit it back supereffectively
>>
File: 1334452dc2.gif (319KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1334452dc2.gif
319KB, 250x250px
While we're on the subject of stupid types and fairies, can we talk about why the second best defensive type is fucking fire out of all things? its supposed to be a weak flame, and it has 7 resistances and only 3 weaknesses, why?!
>>
>>27386768
Because fire, along with dragon and fighting, is the typing for little kids. Gamefreak doesn't want little kids feeling bad about what starter they picked, unless of course, they picked Grass. To which gamefreak says, fuck you for picking grass, enjoy the million weaknesses.
>>
>>27386763
Also one of the problems with dragons back then was that most of them were pseudos or legendaries, and that was because since gen 1 dragon was a sort of "mythical type", in fact its resistances are the starters type (fire, water, grass and electric). Giving it a nerf to balance things out was ok, but making a type immune to it its pretty retarded considering its original purpose
>>
>>27386791
>Grass is a type centered around status ailments and taking health from your enemy
>7 types, almost half the roster of types, resist it
>5 beat it, so it can tank
>its "special status moves" have distribution or are extremely outclassed by other types and moves.

Fire and water are awesome types competitively, why does grass have to suck so much?!
>>
>>27386818
Its original purpose changed since Gen III, though, with things like Swablu and Flygon.
>>
>>27386257
I'm talking about the whiny Sabeleyefags that complain about "b-but muh no weakness mon!"

Same with mad Dragonfags and Darkfags.
>>
>>27385990
>>27386004
My only issue with them taking on the moon theme is that it kind of cribs ghost and dark. Especially Dark which is already in a struggle with Poison and Ghost for themes
>>
>>27386872
well, those guys can go suck eelektross dick if they want a no weaknesses mon that badly
>>
>>27385861
>>27385819
>>27386111
>>27386727

t. garchomp cux
>>
>>27386890
>Especially Dark which is already in a struggle with Poison and Ghost for themes

Explain?

Poison is literal poison, sludge, filth.

Ghost is supernatural/dead/shadow/spirit association.

Dark is what the moves describe: Foul Play, Sucker Punch, Bite, Nasty Plot, etc. Just general nastiness, evil and dishonesty, with just a dash of "darkness/night" (Umbreon, Darkrai)
>>
>>27386972
Take a second to realize how much longer dark type's description took for you to spell out compared to the other two, and remember the hordes of people complaining about how dark ISN'T the evil type.
>>
>>27385917
>as if sableye needed a nerf
>a king of ou and an essential on any stall team worth its salt
>>
>>27386989
Are you retarded? I was just spelling it out so you could understand, since you seemed already confused to begin with, but I could simplify it to just:

"Just general nastiness, evil and dishonesty, with just a dash of "darkness/night"

And it still would be clear. Besides, some types are inherently simpler than others, like Water, Fire, Electric vs Dragon, Fairy or Ground.
>>
File: magicschoolbus.gif (842KB, 350x260px) Image search: [Google]
magicschoolbus.gif
842KB, 350x260px
>>27385861
>shit tier posting
>>
File: 1469201865270.png (200KB, 699x678px) Image search: [Google]
1469201865270.png
200KB, 699x678px
>>27387059
It's obvious some types have simpler concepts than others, water is just water and aquatic stuff, and then steel is mechanical stuff, machinations, minerals, etc. Dark, however, is all over the place. You say dark is the "evil" type, when I've heard dozens of dark fags claim otherwise because of pokemon like hydreigon and houndoom which aren't inherently evil. It does compete in the other aspect with ghosts, as we've seen them share the spotlight of darkness, and fairies are taking the role as moon pokemon (except lunala cause fuck her), so dark is still very hard to pin down, given so many other types share its concept, its pokemon don't stick to a cohesive concept all around, and not even the people who like it understand fully what it is about.

I'm also not the guy who made the poison correlation initialy, I don't know why poison and dark are related at all.

>>27387076
Thanks, I tried my best.
>>
>>27386972
Hmm well maybe I shouldn't have said poison but shadow moves can fall between darkness and night and Ghost kind of absorb night aswell.

It might just be the difference in language
>>
>>27386851
Yeah true but still most of them were pseudos and legendaries ( Giratina, Palkia, Dialga, Rayquaza, Reshiram, Zekrom, the other ice/dragon fucker, Garchomp Salamence and Hydreigon)
>>
>>27387140
Even gen 6 itself has a dragon pseudo and a legendary dragon
>>
>>27387140
Also the lati@s
>>
>>27385819
A lot of Pokemon are designed based on fairies and they never made much sense as normal types etc. It also helped out with the in-game balance.
Now Pokemon like Marill have the advantage of the ideas they are meant to represent being easier to identify thanks to a type that properly represents them. It also gives the designers more to work with - both character designers and overall game designers.
>>
File: 1468121501925.jpg (7KB, 261x199px) Image search: [Google]
1468121501925.jpg
7KB, 261x199px
>>27386080
>They make Dragon weaker
>They make Steel stronger despite just debuffing it
>>
>>27386128
Lol cosmic type
>>
>>27387344
>people think this
Fairy is weak to steel because, in folklore, they struggle to contend with mankind and their mechanical influence on the world.
Same for how they resist bug because fairies tend to keep bugs like we do cows and so on.
They didn't just pull it all out of their ass to "balance the metagame".
>>
>>27387477
A U T I S M
>>
>>27387500
Stop proyecting
>>
>>27387114
Not the same guy, but Dark type is obviously what is deemed as evil by society. Dirty fighting, overaggressive behavior, and those misunderstood to be evil (Absol, Darkrai, Yveltal) are all what society finds flaws in.

And then the heroic types, Bug and Fighting, show up to punish what's deemed as criminal in nature.
>>
>>27387477
The bug one is not necessary though, since Bug, competitively speaking, did NOT need to be resisted. It's not like anyone would complain "Dude, Fairy should resist bug because they had pet bugs!". Same reason why Water is not super effective on Ice, despite running water always melting ice in real life. It's just not necessary or good.
>>
>>27387540
The problem is so pokemon deviate from this theme, things like umbreon, weavile, mandibuzz, bisharp and shifty don't fit any of those (maybe with the moves, but I think you mean the concept of dirty fighting is specific to the moves or pokemon like pangoro and scrafty), so we end up with very broad "exceptions". I like the dark type, but it really is a mess.

Also, fighting and bug are two types that shift a lot, from actual martial arts and insects, to heroes and warriors, but at least you can always fit the pokemon with these typings in those categories.
>>
>>27387500
>not being a retard is autistic
Lol, no.

>>27387601
Well, proper ice, like those continents we have made out of ice certainly have no issue dealing with water. It's the temperature that melts the ice not the water itself, you know?
Pokemon are all about the concepts, the "metagame" exists as a by-product of them.
>>
>>27385819

To balance the game.
>>
>>27387639
Mandibuzz is a carrion eater. Those kind of animals are usually viewed as dirty assholes by most human cultures. It attacks the sick, dying and dead.

Bisharp's lore lays that it gangs up on prey using its Pawniard gangs and never engages until it's time to sneak attack the prey when it is in no danger. That sounds pretty dirty.

Weavile's dex entrys all say it fights ruthlessly and dirty.

Shiftry is literally the bad guy in japanese theatre.

All eeveelutions are retarded. Don't pay attention to them.
>>
>>27388670
I feel like a tool for not reading ALL dex entries of those guys now, I red like one of each and felt like I had enough evidence, my bad. I guess dark IS the evil type.
>>
>redpill
Back to /pol/ with you, asswipe
>>
>>27386962
That'd imply Garchomp was affected at all by fairies, he's only second in usage to Lando-T
Thread posts: 72
Thread images: 9

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.