[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Why did Smogon ban Salamence? They're a bunch of re

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: .jpg (36KB, 800x146px) Image search: [Google]
.jpg
36KB, 800x146px
>Why did Smogon ban Salamence? They're a bunch of retards!
>doesn't participate in the suspect test
>doesn't read the suspect test thread where voters who play the tier and participated in the suspect test voice their views
http://www.smogon.com/forums/threads/np-oras-uu-stage-7-2-asteroid.3576546/

>doesn't watch videos like https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=muR8sJHvZtM where experienced players who know the tier inside and out explain why the ban took place and what made it broken

>doesn't play the tier in which the suspect is taking place in

>doesn't do any of these and instead goes to /vp/ to shitpost and calls Smogon retards who don't know how to counterplay Salamence
>>
I haven't seen a single Salamence thread in the past few days.
>>
Whatever happeed to this Nuzlocke? I remember /vp/ liking it until the wacky faces were the only thing it had going for it
>>
>>27385047
I'm pretty sure the artist quit or something.
It's a bit of a shame. She still posts on her blog.
>>
If faggots would just use Pokémon they like instead of worrying about shit like tiers, it might actually be fun to try it out. But since there is a handful of Pokémon that people use for this shit, it's fucking dull trying to play competitively.
>>
>>27385311

its called playing with your friends, which is what the game was meant for in the first place

just let the delusional autists do their thing
>>
>>27385311
You can use Pokemon you like. Crobat is excellent in UU.
>>
>"competitive" pokemon
>its so autistic and out of place everyone plays on a pc simulator client where you can just minmax everything effortlessly

that tells you enough about it
>>
>>27385340
Are you fucking retarded? Crobat is fucking great even in OU
>>
>>27385018
Nice blog, faggot.
>>
>>27385379
>>27385115
>>27385040
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YgHNtzxO0y8
>>
>>27385311

Would never happen. At the end of the day people want to win, and Salamence/Dragonite/Heatran/etc... do a really great job at securing a victory than Dewgong.

And what about those people who coincidentally happen to have their favourite pokemon be Heatran/Keldeo/one of the genies? I'm sure some people legitimately like them (especially Heatran) -- so these people would just go about winning matches just by virtue of liking the pokemon that also happen to be the best.

Sorry man, you idyllic scenario will never work.
>>
>>27385311
I like MegaFug, Aegislash, Blaziken, Greninja, PrimalGroudon and Hoopa.
>>
>>27385349
>I spend thirty minutes battling hordes to minmax one EV instead of using a sliding scale
>This makes me a better Pokemon battler
Minmaxing isn't even the way to win. You ideally run enough Speed to outspeed things you need to outspeed, and invest the unused EVs into whatever else. For many Pokemon, yes, that means minmaxing, but that's not the case for everyone. Azumarill for example usually runs enough Speed to outspeed uninvested Clefable. Scizor (Mega or otherwise) and Bisharp run Speed to be faster than defensive Rotom-W.
Minmaxing isn't automatic victory.

>>27385379
>tripfag having stupid opinions
Why am I not surprised. Crobat is mediocre in OU at best, as the Lati twins can Defog better than it can and Landorus-Therian can balk and serve as a U-Turn pivot beter than it can. Its offensive capabilities are nothing impressive, and it can't phaze or take hits like Skarm can while Skarm is able to lay down hazards of its own if it wants. The only thing it does better than these Pokemon is fast Taunt.
A jack of all trades is a master of none, which is why Crobat is UU.
>>
>>27385349
>time == skill
I bet you play MMOs as well, and think that LoL is better than DOTA 2.
>>
>>27385578
>Azumarill for example usually runs enough Speed to outspeed uninvested Clefable.
>run just enough to do something then invest everything else elsewhere

That's still minmaxing that you're describing
>>
>>27385578
>>27385598
He don't say it made him more skillful or a better battler, he said competitive battling itself is out of place, you fucking retards
>>
>>27385018
Except it has been UU all gen.
The fact that it just got banned now is retarded as none of the other mons banned from UU really impacted Salamanca much. Alakazam didn't make mence better, and Mence didn't get banned the first time Zapdos moved up, so why now?
I don't understand
>>
File: ss+(2016-07-27+at+01.55.38).png (24KB, 637x155px) Image search: [Google]
ss+(2016-07-27+at+01.55.38).png
24KB, 637x155px
>>27385659
That is literally not minmaxing.

Are you complaining that Azumarill has all of its EVs in Attack? Sorry, do you want your Azumarill to run something like this? You're obviously going to capitalize on a Pokemon's strengths, dumbass.

>>27385686
Hey bro, let's have a battle. I'm just going to bring my bros Mega Rayquaza, Primal Groudon, Primal Kyogre, Darkrai, Xerneas. and Mewtwo. If you say otherwise you're a cancerous crybaby Smogonfag and you need to git gud and learn to play around it.
People have played to win in every video game since forever. If you battle the NPCs all day and feel a sense of accomplishment, good for you, but that was never Pokemon's selling point.

>>27385723
Just because other broken shit was banned doesn't mean Salamence itself is any less broken.

Landorus-Incarnate was one of the last Pokemon to be banned from gen V OU. Just because it "was OU all gen" doesn't mean it wasn't absurdly broken in OU.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.