/script>
[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Open letter to you assfags, particularly the motherfucking cross-boarders

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 32
Thread images: 1

File: IMG_1235.jpg (73KB, 302x318px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_1235.jpg
73KB, 302x318px
Open letter to you assfags, particularly the motherfucking cross-boarders and the mods who let this shit happen.
There have been way too many fucking Pokemon threads on /v/ whenever new info or new games come out. Super Mystery Dungeon had a bit, Pokken had way too many, Sun and Moon news gets a fuckton, Pokemon GO got ASSLOADS and I guarantee half of it was viral marketing, and I am nearly certain there'll be another wave once S&M actually release.
This kind of shit is why /vp/ came into existence, the rush of Gen 5 news making too much of a presence on the board. It was made to contain this shit.
Now here we are at the next generation of Pokemon games and it's all happening again.
Fucking why? Why post this shit on /v/? The only difference it makes is that it presents the possibility of non-pokefags to fling shit in the threads. You could post it on /vp/ and, provided all of you twats would actually migrate back here, you'd get all of the intelligent conversation and speculation you want without /v/'s trademark shit-flinging.
By posting that content on /v/, you could only be doing it because you WANT shit-flinging. That is a direct violation of /v/ rule 3, inciting flame wars, "baiting" if you will. There is no other reasonable motivation to post Pokemon threads on /v/ when /vp/ exists and is guaranteed to be less toxic.
As mentioned earlier viral marketing threads also seem to be plaguing /v/ since the advent of GO, which is a direct violation of global rule 11.
I am not the only person from /v/ who thinks this, and I am certainly not the only person who wants you people to go back to your containment board.
>>
>>27381912
tl;dr
>>
>>27381912
If this isn't a pasta, I think I can understand the thought process a bit.

Everyone views /vp/ as a containment board. Rightfully so, it's fucking awful here. So anyone in the right mind doesn't come here for the latest "how do I fuck my vaporeon" threads. Let's say I'm in the right mind. I only go to /v/, have a mild interest in Pokemon, but fuck /vp/ is awful, I'm definitely not becoming a /vp/ native.

Some news comes out that pertains to Pokemon video games. I want to discuss it. Where should I go? The board I'm used to that discusses video games? Or the board I actively want to avoid? Why would I want to get the thoughts and opinions on the latest trailer from these autists, compared to more like-minded individuals on my /v/ board, who are also people with enough common sense to avoid /vp/?

What makes you actually think it's /vp/ natives post things about Pokemon on /v/, rather than /v/ natives that just don't like /vp/?
>>
>>27381912
Fun fact pokemon isn't banned from /v/

Anyway, the people making threads on /v/ don't even know /vp/ exists for the most part (GO normies, because /v/ is a normie board)
>>
>new and upcoming vidya gets talked about on /v/.
Dumbass
>>
Op is a newfag.
>>
>>27381960
>Anyway, the people making threads on /v/ don't even know /vp/ exists for the most part (GO normies, because /v/ is a normie board)
>>
>>27381954
>What makes you actually think it's /vp/ natives post things about Pokemon on /v/, rather than /v/ natives that just don't like /vp/?
Which group it is isn't the point
/v/ natives who dislike /vp/ should use their persistence and numbers to mold /vp/ into the Pokemon board they want it to be. If that alone won't do it, then rule(s) should be implemented to keep the autism off of /vp/, similar to how /mlp/ has become more strict on furfags since the advent of /trash/
>>27381960
>Fun fact pokemon isn't banned from /v/
It should be
>>27381984
That's like saying people should be allowed to discuss new and upcoming anime on /co/. Yeah it's technically a cartoon and therefore "on-topic" but there's a board that the subject is much more relevant to so there's no point in posting it on /co/. The difference is that /a/ on /co/ will get you banned while /vp/ on /v/ won't, for some reason
>>
>>27381960
This. I didn't know this board existed for the longest time. It's simple awareness.
>>
Announcing this is only going to make it work. /vp/ is a board of dedicated shitposters and triggering people like you is funny to them. most of those cross boarders are falseflags anyway.
>>
>>27382018
>Which group it is isn't the point
It is if you're posting the open letter here, where the people you're complaining about will never see it.

If /vp/ natives get Pokemon news, they post it on /vp/. You're complaining to /vp/ despite this.

>If that alone won't do it, then rule(s) should be implemented to keep the autism off of /vp/
Except the autism doesn't change the fact that /v/ loyalists will still post their shit to /v/. Just like /v/ anime threads. Just like the smokescreened "what would an X game be like?" threads where they really just want to talk about X.

It's not like you can just decide to stop other people from having an anime general or a fanfiction general or questy threads.
>>
>>27381912
Everything you just said does not exist. Good day.
>>
>>27382050
>It is if you're posting the open letter here, where the people you're complaining about will never see it.
>If /vp/ natives get Pokemon news, they post it on /vp/. You're complaining to /vp/ despite this.
Legitimately good points
>Except the autism doesn't change the fact that /v/ loyalists will still post their shit to /v/. Just like /v/ anime threads. Just like the smokescreened "what would an X game be like?" threads where they really just want to talk about X.
These threads get pruned, sometimes. The ones that live are a symptom of /v/'s lazy mods
>It's not like you can just decide to stop other people from having an anime general or a fanfiction general or questy threads.
Magical thing about generals is that you don't actually have to interact with them. If anything their existence prevents floods of threads that would be dedicated to that one subject. Without one thread cycling the catalog at a time for anime discussion there would be 5 threads discussing different things people wanted to bring up about the anime.
>>27382082
You are wrong. Good day.
>>
>>27382018
>It should be
but it isn't be. Woe is you.
>>
>>27382094
But the problem with those generals existing is they take up a lot of the board space for what makes up the content and attracts users to the board, and eventually it's all that anyone sees, whether they're part of the general or not. It's super hard to try to fix /vp/ when shit like constant showderp and fanfiction threads are drowning out things like the Pokken and TCG generals. Basically, fixing the inherent problems with the board would require getting rid of half of the Pokemon fanbase.
>>
>>27381912
>implying I would ever touch /v/

>assfags
>assloads
>kill self

Us during Pokemon Go was fucking rough actually. More than half of all our threads were 2 responses deleting anything else being talked about. Lot of Nostalgia fags, that weren't baiting too
>>
>>27382094
Your memes are not amusing. Everyone knows this place is trash, the people are trash, and the very idea that it exists is trash. Grow up.
>>
>>27381912
>As mentioned earlier viral marketing threads also seem to be plaguing /v/ since the advent of GO
I doubt it's viral marketing.

In any case, it's not going to stop just by removing Go shit because /v/ is still being flooded by other viral marketers.
>>
Pokemon games are video games, they are and always will be allowed on /v/.
Just hide threads you don't like you autist.
>>
>>27382149
People just seem not to understand that people have a desire to talk about things that are popular.

There's some occasional shilling here and there, but games that almost everyone knows about, like fucking Pokemon, don't actually need viral marketing.
>>
>>27382126
>fixing the inherent problems with the board would require getting rid of half of the Pokemon fanbase.
Is that not a sign of how bad this fanbase is?
The big point I'm getting at is that Pokemon's fanbase is somewhat of a pox on the already bad userbase of /v/. I'd rather it be a problem for the board made for them, and plenty of people would agree with me.
>>27382149
"Why aren't you playing Pokemon GO?"
Seen this thread daily since it came out and only recently is it becoming less common. I refuse to believe there isn't at least some viralling going on, which is saying something because I'm usually the first to say people exaggerate the presence of viral marketing on /v/.
>>27382159
MLP is a cartoon so I guess I should've just hid all those threads when it was allowed on /co/
>>
ok but why are you telling us.

>We're already not on /v/, not the problem
>We have a reputation of having nomods. Mods wont see your whining.
>Not that mods would do anything about it.

/qa/ perhaps
>>
>>27382170
>Seen this thread daily since it came out
Because it's a /v/ meme that gets spammed about every single popular game. I'm pretty sure I said the same thing about Overwatch.

Do you complain about
>What went wrong/right?
threads too?
>>
>>27382177
>/qa/ perhaps
Forgot that was still a thing, I was wondering where /q/ went
>>
>>27382170

>MLP is a cartoon so I guess I should've just hid all those threads when it was allowed on /co/

yes
>>
>>27382170
>MLP
The difference between MLP and Pokemon is that MLPfags actively shitpost and spam, while Pokefags just discuss the game.
/vp/ was created because kiddies like you couldn't stand the sight of something you 'outgrew', so you begged moot to make a new board.
You faggots do this a lot too. There's 3 fucking boards besides /v/ for video games, all existing because you couldn't stand the sight of certain games. You literally got triggered and needed a safe space.
Oh, and /v/ never got better as a result, only worse. Pandering to /v/ was moot's biggest mistake.
>>
>>27382185

He's a /v/irgin, he thinks that every positive comment about a game is made by a viral marketer. Don't bother to reason with him.
>>
>>27381912
/v/ is so much better than /vp/ though.

I'm more into pokemon than any other game so I have to stick around here. For people who enjoy a lot of different games there is no reason to ever come to /vp/.

Pokemon go threads are nothing like they were on release. They are mostly contained and decreasing rapidly. A lot of people, myself included, stopped playing go.
>>
>>27382170
>I refuse to believe there isn't at least some viralling going on, which is saying something because I'm usually the first to say people exaggerate the presence of viral marketing on /v/.
This is pokemon and something affiliated with Nintendo.

We know that they never bother with viral marketing unlike others like a certain Todd. In reality it's just someone shitposting.
>>
>>27382220
Eh /v/ is the same tier of shit except they aren't restricted to what they post.
There's a reason why most boards are considering it a containment board now.
>>
>>27382220
>/v/ is so much better than /vp/ though.
Wew
>>
>>27382220
shh, you're among friends here. you don't have to lie.
Thread posts: 32
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.