[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>>ITT Underrated/under-appreciated, overlooked shitmons

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 6

File: i am my dad who are you.jpg (182KB, 1024x707px) Image search: [Google]
i am my dad who are you.jpg
182KB, 1024x707px
>>ITT Underrated/under-appreciated, overlooked shitmons you must give a shot on at least one run

Ledian is one of my all time favourite underdogs

Starting a new run through AS, team so far is Mudkip and Poochyena; an early route shitmon I've always overlooked but decided I'd try out. I've bred the Poochyena so it's got
>Fire Fang
>Poison Fang
>Play Rough
+ HA for attack boosts when it evolves and coverage over Steel, Fairy and Dragon types.

Any other suggestions like this I should pick up on this run?

Who are your favourite and most trusted shitmon bros?
>>
FARFETCH'D if you never used DUX or Ch'DING then DO IT!! Swords Dance, Fly, Cut, filler

perfect utility bro
>>
>>27381848
Farfetch'd is very respectable from Gen 6 onwards, as the Stick held item means Slash/Air Cutter/Night Slash all crit every time.
>>
>>27381860
It's like Gen 1 speed crit mechanics all over again

Never knew this, must find a Farfetch'd with a stick — are they available with stick wild in XY?
>>
File: craft_farfetch__d_by_raizy.png (952KB, 800x627px) Image search: [Google]
craft_farfetch__d_by_raizy.png
952KB, 800x627px
>>27381872
Yeah, its a 5% chance or so I think but you can get them in the first few routes.

I've actually just started a mono flying run of Y and its replaced my starter as my defacto go to pokemon. I'm sure later in the game the power difference will start to become more evident, but its a lot of fun right now.
>>
>>27381706
I used a Zangoose once. It tore up the Elite 4 with Swords Dance, Return, Shadow Ball and Brick Break.
>>
>>27381958
I know this kind of defeats the purpose of the thread, but Zangoose has always looked like an edgy ewok to me — I'm also not keen on their 3D model

I'm sure I'll try one out some day though
>>
>>27381958
I remember I found a hidden grotto Zangoose with Poison Boost in B2, and you can get a Toxic Orb fairly early in that game. Facade ended up one shotting most of Iris' team, it was wonderful.
>>
>>27381992
It's edgy furry yiffy chubby deviantart bullshit but boy is it strong!
>>
>>27382028
Kek, I'll definitely have to try it some time then

For now though, not necessarily looking for strong mons, I've not gone with Pooch/Mightyena for it's strength
>>
>>27381935
>that paper and lines
Oh fuck is that braeburned's pokémon alias?
>>
Any ORAS specific suggestions? Especially if they could be improved through breeding multiple egg moves and HA's on to them

Currently in Petalburg Woods, team is still Poochyena and Mudkip
>>
>>27381848
Don't forget the good sis Quacklin'
>>
>>27382173
Cute Charm Delcatty?
>>
>>27382187
ah yes, how could I forget Quacklin'?
>>
>>27382193
Why cute charm over wonderskin or normalise?

Suggestion to liven the thread up — if you've got art of the pokémon you're posting about, then post it! Be nice to see some zangoose, delcatty and any more that come up
>>
>>27381706
I got a Cubone in Lavender Town and spent a bit to get a thick club for it in FireRed. OHKOing everything now as Marowak. The only thing that can survive any hits are levitating Weezing.
>>
File: thicc.jpg (1021KB, 1180x866px) Image search: [Google]
thicc.jpg
1021KB, 1180x866px
>>27382466
dub of clubs

I've been there with a Marowak in leaf green, felt good
>>
slow board bump
>>
File: tropius.gif (665KB, 500x267px) Image search: [Google]
tropius.gif
665KB, 500x267px
>>27382173
Tropius maybe? Its just really slow to kill things with.
>>
>>27382714
Got Tropi on a run in X right now

other played out mons for me are Exploud, Ninjask line, Breloom, Sableye, Medicham, Mawile, Grumpig, Gulpin, Ralts line, Ludicolo line, Linoone, Pelliper, Taillow, Slakoth line…… yeesh it's a big old list
>>
>>27382392
do you accept lewds?
>>
File: chimecho_by_requestfag-d4py7nr.png (191KB, 550x800px) Image search: [Google]
chimecho_by_requestfag-d4py7nr.png
191KB, 550x800px
>>27382173
You can breed Recover onto Chingling, and Chimecho learns Extrasensory at level 22.

It gets some great coverage moves via TM as well, it's just found too late in Hoenn to be considered by most.
>>
File: Kecleon_PlasmaFreeze.png (112KB, 601x395px) Image search: [Google]
Kecleon_PlasmaFreeze.png
112KB, 601x395px
the best part about ORAS was being able to get a proteon kecleon in game
not a power house or anything just really fun to mess around with
>>
>>27382762
I honestly can't think of much thats in ORAS thats not either on that list or not just too good to be in consideration for this kind of thing.

Lunatone? Cacturne? Armaldo?
>>
>>27382829
even if i don't accept them, i'm really not certain i can stop them

>>27383008
>>27383057
>>27383563
Nice suggestions, I was just considering Lunatone/Solrock while I was out, especially as SM is on the way

Armaldo is an old favourite I used to use competitively against friends and siblings… Never tried Cacturne — and haven't tried Chimecho since major disappointment back in Gen 3

I'm not too fussy about limiting my team to Hoenn mons, if they're available in the wild then they're game
>>
>>27381706
>breed pokemon that already do fine in-game to have great moves
>it's a shitmon but it's not so bad
Damn, opee.
>>
>>27381706
I used an Emolga. It was actually really good. It swept most of the game with acrobatics and thunderbolt. I still have it today and use it competitively. I hope he gets a mega
>>
>>27383744
Emolga are solid
>>
Shitmons can be fun to play with. I took the elemental-fang Poochyena you get at the start of the game - Ice Fang, in my case - all the way to the E4. Dustox can be great as a substitute Psychic-type, and Sandslash is a bigger tank than you'd think it could possibly be. In other generations, Technician Cinccino is amazing - a 5-hit Technician Silk Scarf Tail Slap has upwards of 270 BP. Butterfree saved my ass so many times in HGSS, and Refrigerate Hyper Voice Aurorus is GOAT. Sweeps teams with Rock Polish and EVs in HP, SpD, and SpA - so long as you aren't stupid enough to leave it in against a Steel or Fighting-type, it can and will win battles for you. Just bring a non-HA Talonflame or Charizard with you.
>>
>>27382515
This is kinda annoying me
the artist knew the order was dumb so he added the numbers, why didnt he just move them around to be like any other comic
>>
>>27382392
Normalize is useless and literally detrimental to it.
Wonder Skin is good but Cute Charm is better in-game. Status conditions are the least of Delcatty's problems.
>>
>>27384563
Makes sense

The team I'm picturing right now is looking like

Swampert
Mightyena
Delcatty
Torkoal
Cacturne
Lunatone

All new to me

>>27384363
Considering using an Aurorus in my run of Y — for some reason my Wurmples always become Silcoon-Beautifly, even when I evolve them at night, so it's a while since I've used a Dustox
>>
>>27384935
To be honest aside from Delcatty they all sound solid enough, should be a good run
>>
>>27384963
>solid enough

Any suggestions on how to knock it down a notch then? Again, open to non-Hoenn mons here
>>
>>27384979
Nah, I'd go with that. None of them are massively powerful except maybe Swampert, but they're solid enough that you're not doing the equivalent of 6 Magikarps. You'll just have to play to the strengths of each one and thats how it should be.
>>
I loved Ledian in Silver when it could use all punch moves, it was a "powerhouse" because I was too dumb to understand how coverage worked yet lucky enough to ride it anyway
Then the moment where Ledian falls behind hit, I would start with it, hit once, and change to another pokemon next turn because it did almost nothing
Got it in the hall of fame, no regrets
>>
>>27384935
>even when I evolve them at night

That has nothing to do with Wurmple's evolution. it's based on a hidden "personality stat" that also determines things like gender and patterns on Spinda.
>>
>>27385300
Dafuq

Since when? Since forever?
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.