[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I posted this in a couple of threads about the Starter Ev

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 82
Thread images: 7

File: Alola Region.png (2MB, 1280x905px) Image search: [Google]
Alola Region.png
2MB, 1280x905px
So I posted this in a couple of threads about the Starter Evolution leaks, but this isn't really about them. I thought it deserved it's own thread.

I believe the Chinese Leaks are real. Not because of the Starter Designs, but because of the No Gyms Claim. Here is why.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kamehameha_I
>Prophecy states that the man (child) who moves the Naha Stone would be the one to unite the islands. Many tried and failed to get the stone to move from its original spot. Those who have tried were of high-ranking "naha" blood. Kamehameha was of nīʻaupiʻo descent and Ululani believed that Kamehameha was not worthy of attempting to move the stone. A story found at the Hilo Library holds that Ululani, High Chiefess of Hilo, wife of Keawemauhili, and other High Chiefs/Chiefesses were brought together by Prince Kai o Kuanui a Kanaele of Kawaihae to prophecy over Kamehameha. Ululani then introduced her son Keawe I Kahikona of Keaau Village (the only other Chief to ever lift the Naha stone) as the younger brother to Kamehameha, so later they would not fight. In the gathering of the Ohana for Unity, Keawe I Kahi Kona chose Kamehameha I over his father Keawe Mauhili. Kamehameha ignored all negativity and moved the stone. Legend says the stone was overturned. Kamehameha went on to unite the islands through a series of battles.

This fits perfectly with the Chinese Leak. The Leak claims that there are no Gyms in the Alola Region, and that our goal is to build a League. This likely means that we must unite the different islands of the Alola Region together under one Pokemon League Organization, recruiting Gym Leaders as we travel.

>"but why would they remove such a core aspect of the formula?"
The familiar formula does not change. The only change that occurs is that the dialogue of the plot will imply that the Gym Leaders we face are not actually Gym Leaders, and must be recruited. (cont.)
>>
>>27373076

>"but why do that now, it's the 20th anniversary!"
It really depends how they do it. We know that one of the islands is named Melemele Island, Melemele meaning yellow. We think the other islands will represent red, green, and blue, as a reference to the first generation games. Each island could have a "Kahuna," which would act as the Elite Four that appears once the Gym Leaders are recruited (this could be what Hala is, as at E3 they mentioned him as being a strong trainer on Melemele Island). Once they are all defeated, we'll need to battle a Champion, right? Wrong. If the goal of our journey is to establish a League in Alola, then maybe that's why Hau is on a journey, too. And once we defeat the Elite Four people, maybe they hold another special battle ceremony between us and Hau to decide the Champion of the Alola Region. This would be another reference to the first generation games, with the Rival acting as a Champion. It is worth noting that the guy who gives us the Strange Souvenir in X/Y says "The Kalos region is nice and all, but you should really check out my region! Our Champion is really something else, I tell you…Ah, never mind. You’ll find out in due time." He refers to the Champion very vaguely, which could imply that he is referring to us, the Protagonist, being the Champion of Alola.

As for the rest of the leak, some of the information that was given to WPM of PokeBeach about Pokemon X and Y was false.

http://www.pokebeach.com/2013/06/pokebeach-x-y-rumor-roundup-and-clarifications

It's possible that the Chinese Leaks present false information alongside true information, which could be the Starter Designs everybody bitches about, or maybe the Ash-Greninja claim.

Regardless, I believe in the Chinese Leak. Call me autistic all you want, and maybe I'm wrong. But I believe that at least this point is true, and I will until official information proves otherwise.
>>
Just to add fuel to the fire
Sun/Moons code name was "niji" or "Rainbow" so we all thought it was going to be Rainbow version

A rainbow is a combination of multiple colors so the theory of uniting the Yellow Island with presumably the Red, Blue and Green island makes sense

Also copy/pasting this theory from the Serebii forums because it's actually pretty cool

s I've said before, just a little disclaimer, I don't think we've seen anything to give credence to the possibility that there will be no gym leaders, but I'd like to entertain that thought for a moment.

>Let's say there are no gyms. Oh, but Hydro, it's a staple of the Pokémon main series! I totally agree, but if we're ever going to see some form of deviance, I have a feeling it's going to be during an anniversary. So, that being said, one of the main reasons we have Hawaii as the central influence for Alola is because of its location being used many times in recent years to host the Pokémon World Championships. And, well, what if this the case too?

>Oh, but Hydro, we already had the Pokémon World Tournament in BW2! I hear ya! But, firstly let me ask, why can't this be the same tournament? The World Championships relocate on an almost annual basis most of the time - like most major tournament and convention events - and so it wouldn't be by any stretch of the imagination to suggest that Alola - Hawaii - is where "it all comes together", where challengers, new and old, lasses to Champions, meet in a fun celebration which is very much at the centre of it all (one of the main reasons Hawaii hosts the World Championships is likely due to it being positioned between the mainland of the USA and Japan, where I'd assume more than half of contestants would turn up from).

> So, what if the player character moved from Kanto to Alola, having to abandon all dreams of being a trainer and travelling, before the World Championships, as he finds out, are revealed to be held in Alola that very year!
>>
>>27373214
I was not aware of that. Good find.

Also another point (inb4 muh Ashnime), Ash is going to be battling Alain for the title of Kalos Champion in the Finals of the Kalos League. It's possible that he may actually win this time, and if so, in order to keep him around, they could easily have him go to Alola to establish a League there after already becoming a regional Champion.
>>
Either way, some research at least leads me to believe that things are working differently here. What is a kahuna? Basically, they are the professionals, the masters of their craft. There is one for anything in the Hawaiian culture. The Gym Leaders are well established as being such masters. There is even a set of "sorcery" kahuna, for which if you master all 10, you become the Kahuna Nui. This, of course, being analogous to being the Champion.
>>
>>27373436

8. Poʻi ʻUhane: one who can catch a spirit and force it to do its bidding.

Holy heck, they even have pokemon trainers.
>>
What if the starters are legit too?

Someone noted the complexity of the designs, the perfect art style, the perfect confidential, the hex codes, the fact it's not flawed (if it's blurry then it's been edited) and the legit Japanese on the image.

It would be super hard think up and study all that and then release the images just a few weeks later.
>>
>>27373500
Hex codes?
>>
>>27373436
Eh, Kahuna was a stretching term. From what I read, though, it meant a wise person in charge of something. Regardless, Hala is definitely the Kahuna of something regarding Melemele Island.

But anyway, I do believe that a lot of research would have had to go into this leak in order to come to the conclusion that not having traditional Gyms would actually make sense for the Alola Region. If the leak were fake, they wouldn't have made such a bold claim. They just would have been "One Gym Leader is blah blah blah." Not having traditional Gyms is... an almost unfathomable idea in this fandom, especially considering that nothing like this has been done before.
>>
>>27373473
Well shit...

>>27373500
They could be. I personally am indifferent to them. I like them, and I wouldn't be upset if they were real, and I wouldn't be upset if they're fake. Some people don't like them, though, so I'm open to the possibility of them being fake as well as being real.
>>
>>27373531
Well, kahuna is more commonly used for a sort of shaman, the one who conducts the rituals for the gods. This is a function we see Hala perform.
>>
>>27373500
They're most likely fake, honestly.

Extremely high quality scans only a higher up would have, the art style is nowhere near perfect, the shadows are too detailed compared to other sets anons posted on those threads, also had no name when all the other anime references had names.

I only really dislike the fire one, a fire cat starter evolving into yet another humanoid is fucking stupid.
>>
You think those numbers correspond to those colors' hex value? If so, I tried one, and it didn't match.
>>
>>27373618
Not to mention the CONFIDENTIAL doesn't really says anything, we had anime design pages for a while, some had that mark and we had that mark on the first trailer so it's quite easy for someone that really tried to just replicate the confidential.
>>
>>27373618

Well these is the possibility that someone from GF secretly leaked this.

It is, put a picture of Rowlet up and compare the style to Owl3.

Shadows too detailed, Wut?

Weeelll... Again, maybe GF leaked it and didn't show names?
>>
>>27373657

Do those codes even make sense? I'm not even sure where to test this since I'm unfamiliar with handling hex codes, even though I know there are color codes.
>>
>>27373076
The starters I don't care about, but the whole recruiting Gym Leaders and becoming the champion is something I can get hype about. However it's just another "leak," so I won't get hyped about it. We will see what GF has in store for us. Next news date is August 1st iirc?
>>
Can you link the rumored starter evolutions
>>
I'm starting to believe.

I'm afraid.
>>
File: Cm3Ng5RUEAA5104.jpg (128KB, 470x1024px) Image search: [Google]
Cm3Ng5RUEAA5104.jpg
128KB, 470x1024px
>>27373726
>>
>>27373697
I just searched for color hex codes. All colors are evidently represented by 6 hex digits. the first two are the red value, the middle two are green, and the last two are blue. It follows light colors.
>>
File: The world says no to you.jpg (18KB, 256x256px) Image search: [Google]
The world says no to you.jpg
18KB, 256x256px
>>27373688
>Someone from Game Freak leaking it

would anyone even go as so far to risk their jobs just to amuse some people in the internet
>>
>>27373076
>>27373078

I wouldn't call you autistic at all; that honestly sounds really fresh and interesting as fuck, and I'd love if that were actually true. But... let's be honest, here.

Much as I love their games, Gamefreak are not really the best at going outside their comfort zone. I'd be really, really surprised if we saw this huge of a deviation.

Cool theory, though.
>>
>>27373739

Am I the only one who thinks this would be an awesome evo for Rowlet? I really dig the Robin Hood motif.
>>
>>27373746
1. Someone whose job situation is already fucked
2. Gamefreak themselves releasing concept art to keep people talking and getting hyped up

That said, these are probably fake. You people always get your hopes up on these things.
>>
File: 68327.jpg (30KB, 350x267px) Image search: [Google]
68327.jpg
30KB, 350x267px
>>27373688
That would have to be someone really high up, an intern or some shit wouldn't be able to do that.

I don't have them right now and I can't find them, maybe if you're interested you're free to dig up a bit.

Several anons posted other anime references pages, the shading was not like the starters, didn't had nowhere that amount of expressions and wasn't as busy, also the shadows weren't as big as these.

The reason these are made is to give the animators and the studio a heads up so they can start planning an episode, a name would not only be important, I'd be crucial SPECIALLY if they're getting introduced like this case.

Not to mention, notice how the picture of the start with ash ONLY shows Pokemon we know so far, if this was from GF while they were making the stuff they should be quite into development and would show more Pokemon, Pokemon that ash would have since it's a new gen.

Back on the gen 5 starters leak it was just a quick photo, of course, because no one would leak their own work and no one would SCAN IT ON SUPER HIGH RESOLUTION and then upload it for no reason

Not to mention it shows TOO MUCH of these Pokemon, it looks way too cramped.
And on the gen 5 leaks they also had several pokemon made, but were covered up in the big board by these white boxes so you only see each starter.

There's too many issues with these evolutions, I don't even dislike them aside the fire one in fact I would love the rowlett one to be real, but these are most likely fake.
>>
>>27373837
B...b...b...b...but WOTTERGATE! BTFO! MEMES!
>>
If it is some kind of other color code, I can't seem to divine what it is.
>>
>>27373753
The thing is, however, they've deviated from the normal formula before. Black and White are extremely plot heavy, with the intentions of Team Plasma not being resolved until after the League is challenged, and the game ending when it's resolved, rather than the player officially becoming Champion. So it's not that big of a stretch to say that this isn't something they could do.

Besides, wasn't there an interview where Masuda said that if they could find a way to uniquely deviate from the normal formula, they would? Or something to that effect?
>>
There is an alternative, but I do not know what to look for in that case. The numbers represent the paint used. To see if it matches, I would need to know the company that makes the paint being referenced.
>>
>>27374205
Yes there was. And he stated in that interview its why gyms are stating until they do, because its the main srive for the story. Basically gyms confirmed.
>>
>>27374466
it's probably markers. when i worked as a costume designer i would always write down the number of the prismacolor marker that i used on the side of the illustration i was working on.

not sure what kind of markers these are though. the numbers don't resemble prismacolor or copic. a lot of the colors look similar to pantone.
>>
>>27374511
But that's wrong. The Gyms are still there and aren't going anywhere. The overall plot of the games just would imply otherwise. Gyms aren't "basically confirmed" at all until a character is revealed that is claimed as "This is the Gym Leader of [Blank] City! Defeat him/her in order to obtain the [Blank] Badge!"
>>
At this point, I'm pretty sure the starters are fake but based on the description of the leak itself
The artist probably saw the leak before it spread and drew from that
>>
>>27374628
The Starter Images have been around for months at this point. The leak supposedly came out before Salandit was revealed.
>>
>>27373076
>>27373078
I'm not convinced by your logic, but I love this theory. I would love to find this to be true.
>>
>>27373278
Ash would still need to beat the Elite Four and Champion of Kalos, he wouldn't be finished up in Kalos just yet and we know he doesn't go off to face them right away since the rest of the Flare plot is coming up.
>>
>>27375014
He could do it after the Flare Plot, though. Had he not fallen unconscious during his battle with Diantha, he would have beaten her, so he can definitely fair up well against her.

That, and Malva is a part of the Elite Four, and if the Flare Plot ends with her getting arrested/dead like the rest of them, then it he may not get the chance to, even though he won.
>>
Bumping for interests.
>>
>>27373076
This is probably the most logical piece of evidence that supports the Chinese Leak. Well done, OP.
>>
>>27373076
Finally, a logical theory.
>>
>>27373791
These have been around for months, and most people agree that Rowlet's is the best looking.
>>
>>27373076
I'm predicting it now that there's a postgame to Unova or Sinnoh.. Unova seems likely to me because it's based off the US, which Hawaii is a part of.

Sinnoh possibly so they arent expected to do a gen 4 remake.

I'm also gonna say that the theory of the no-gym's is probably true.
>>
>>27377138
Honestly would be such a bitch for GF to make an entire game for Diamond and Pearl and release them as remakes. They're probably the least popular of all the games (besides X and Y potentially)
>>
>>27377288
Would be better if they did Platinum, or at least be a remake of Platinum under the names of DP Remakes like HGSS is basically a Crystal Remake
>>
>>27373076
Kinda hope this theory is true. And the Starter Leaks are true.
>>
>>27373739
I really want the Rowlet Evolution to be real.
>>
File: 1456499588523.png (889KB, 1266x669px) Image search: [Google]
1456499588523.png
889KB, 1266x669px
No gyms because there's no obvious gyms on the map. So basically like XY and BW maps right?

No gyms despite one huge fucking blue building themed with water type Pokemon and with several Pokeball logo on it

Stay mad vp
>>
>>27379940
you seem to have selective hearing/vision. That's a fucking hotel you mongoloid. Why else would a lady be outside of it with a fucking suitcase?
>>
File: not a gym.png (17KB, 256x192px) Image search: [Google]
not a gym.png
17KB, 256x192px
>>27380409
>That's a fucking museum you mongoloid.
>>
>>27380466
If you didn't already know it was a gym, that'd be a decent argument. Fuck-o, even if the building for Sun and Moon could be a gym, why, tell me, would it be a fucking hotel? Fuck off, you piece of shit.
>>
>>27380409
Yeah just like in BW you have a fucking restaurant gym, a school gym, a museum gym, a catwalk gym, a hangar gym etc

You mongoloid
>>
>>27380546
You didn't provide any evidence for why it would be a gym. Saying that there were weird gyms in the past doesn't prove shit. You're the mongoloid thinking that what you just said is evidence enough. Fuck off, you single brain celled Ballio fag.
>>
>>27380466
>>27380546
I mean, you'd already met the gym leader before you face her and even then, where else would the gym be located? We'd already seen every building in that town, and there just happens to be a big building in that town.
>>
>>27380546
You cyka, you obviously have no brain cells, you food deprived douche bag cunt, you have no real idea, so you? Ballio fag.
>>
>>27380595
>>27380646
>>27380706
samefag so much
>>
>>27380646
Well actually no, you dont meet Lenora untill you solve the puzzle at the back of the museum and then you battle her right away
>>
>>27379940
no gym symbol = no gym
>>
>>27379940
That has nothing to do with what OP presents. The issue here is that the map has an obvious lack of buildings that indicate a Gym. Gyms use a symbol to indicate what they are, not just a PokeBall, and there doesn't appear to be any buildings on the map that indicates a Gym.

Also, learn to distinguish the different styles of the maps. XY/BW's maps were done by Sugimori. ORAS/SM's maps were done by someone else.
>>
>>27380595
>>27380706

stop calling everyone a ballio fag you're making a fool of yourself
>>
>>27373076
Cool theory. I can actually see this happening.
>>
>>27373076
Wait a minute, I remember someone asking junichi masuda about moving away from gyms before the Chinese leaks happen. The Chinese leaks happened after salandit was revealed. The Chinese leaks are most likely fake but we still could have no gyms.
>>
>>27383014
It's possible, but I don't see how the Chinese Leaks can be fake. Fake Leaks wouldn't have made such a bold claim that makes this much sense. They would have just mentioned different Gym Concepts and moved on.
>>
Bumping, this makes too much sense to let it die.
>>
I like this meme
>>
>>27377138
I'd suck cock for basically ANY region as postgame
>>
>>27388186
>meme
>implying it won't happen
>>
>>27388573
it won't happen
>>
This is like Roohoot and gen 6.5 all over again
>>
I'm guessing you guys watched this autism too:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KrPKq4lk1NQ
>>
>>27388611
even though this is autism, this video is only thing that almost made me hyped for gen 7
I'm not hyped at all, especially because I was disappointed with gen 6
>>
>>27388611
video would be so much better with out the cringe mad man act and the autistic birdkeeper toby dude being a fucking loser the whole time. Just present the facts without being a fucking loser. Fucking loser.
>>
>>27373076
>believing this
the false rumros about no gym has existed since gen 4, fuck yourself
>>
>>27389771
We'll see. I'm open to all possibilities.
>>
>>27373076
I like this, I hope it happens, and a lot of your points are pretty fair indicators that this would at least be possible in the sense that if it were to happen it would follow Hawaiian lore.
But this doesn't mean the Chinese 'leaker' is right, it just means he guessed something correctly. A lot of people think and thought before his 'leaks' that there would be no gyms, so for him to take that side an guess correctly means nothing.
>>
I would like no gyms because building a League sounds a lot more interesting than going through 8 gyms again. So yeah, please be real.
>>
>>27391003
I don't recall any others talking about there not being Gyms aside from the lack of obvious buildings that could indicate a Gym. Aside from that, though, that is a bold claim that would be hard to come up with. As I said before, most people who would make fake leaks like that would have had a hard time coming to that conclusion regardless of whether or not obvious Gym Buildings were on the map. You would think that he just would have come up with some Gym Leader concepts and moved on. But I don't know. Hopefully, we'll get something on August 1st that confirms or debunks the leak.

Also, apparently leaks happen all the time when games are translated into Chinese. Like it's a normal occurrence. But I don't know.
>>
>>27391171
I don't have any links or screencaps but I read two different theories about no gyms about 1-2 weeks before the Chinese leaker following, as you said, the fact that you can't see any on the map.
>>
>>27373076
That would be pretty fucking cool but i dare not hope.
>>
>>27391757
Well I mean, the fact that there aren't distinguishable Gyms on the map could just imply that the Gyms are unique like in Unova, but yeah, that's a possibility. I won't deny that. Still, though, I have my hopes up.
>>
File: HNI_0010.jpg (29KB, 292x257px) Image search: [Google]
HNI_0010.jpg
29KB, 292x257px
>>27373076
Just a reminder, as always, that I posted the idea first. By quite a bit.

https://archive.nyafuu.org/vp/thread/27052037/
>>
>>27382025
>>27382729
The gym symbols changes over the years, its entirely possible that those Pokeball symbols on the building are the new symbols

Besides everybody says: you have to create a league now. How? How do you even imagine that and what would be the point?

The XY backpacker says they have a champion in his region. That means they have a league aswell. League without gyms would be super weird. Not to mention these leaker was never proved to be right in anything. They sy he predicted Salandit but NO ONE is able to show his predcitions before Salandit was revealed. Its a big pile of a make up shit
Thread posts: 82
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.