[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

ITT: Pokémon ROM hacks that you've played/liked. I'm

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon_Glazed_Intro_Screen.jpg (38KB, 260x226px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon_Glazed_Intro_Screen.jpg
38KB, 260x226px
ITT: Pokémon ROM hacks that you've played/liked.

I'm playing glazed right now, I really like the game play but the choices of Pokémon aren't the best IMO
>>
Play Blazed Glazed, it's a vastly improved version of Glazed.
>>
>>27370048
Sounds lit
>>
>>27370048
Thanks for this, I might check it out, I vaguely remember playing Glazed and not really wanting to continue.
>>
>>27369414
Blaze Black/Volt White are great. Shame about the sequel's retarded difficulty spikes (every team from Victory Road onward leads with weather setters and/or has stall) and horrible level curve (Gym leaders are 10+ levels above wild mons)
>>
>>27370152
I honestly feel like BB/VW1 are far worse balanced. I only managed to get through 1 once, Skyla made me ragequit on the second playthrough, and Burgh is insane as well. Clay's a bitch too iirc. BB2/VW2 is fairly challenging throughout the whole game, and Victory Road is kind of dickish, but BB1/VW1 had the same weather fucktards on its own victory road.
The sequels also give you access to lots of move tutors, and I just think everything is balanced better.
>>
>>27370408
I was stuck for a good time on Burgh, fuck that.
I guess I managed to avoid most of the stupid VR trainers in BB1 except that one guy right outside the stairs who randomly has a E4-worthy team. I'm not even going to mention the Smeargle teams
I found BB2 to be a lot more obnoxious than 1 though the difficulty may be closer to 1 than I remember.
>>
>>27369414
>Liquid Crystal
Excellent remake, better than HGSS in my opinion because the pokedex is so much better. Gen III Pokemon are obtainable, but they're rare and added in well-thought out locations.

>that fire red hack which used re-colors of Gen 1 sprites
Nostalgia overload. Also fixed things like grade evolutions, made starters very rare but catchable in lore-sensitive locations, and made Mew catch able
>>
Vega is pretty good, especially now that there's an english translation of it
>>
Don't know if Reborn counts since it's more a fan game then a hack. Definitely challenging and loaded with content. Kinda cool how many pokemon are not catchable but have events that get you most of the pokemon. Not a fan of all that edgy but it's pretty good.
>>
>>27369414
I actually didn't really like Glazed, I recall it being too easy.
Not many actual romhacks I like anymore, as I generally stick to fangames now, but when I do play hacks I mostly stick with difficulty hacks like Drayano's, or Puppet Play.
>>
Altair was pretty fun. Challenging as well. Fuck Alto Mare, though.
>>
Clover's 3 gym demo is pretty gud.
Too bad it'll probably never be finished
>>
Generally just looking for a good worthwhile ROM hack without stupid ass Fakemon

Any recommendations?

Have played Pokemon Glazed, liked it quite alot
I just can't find any decent ROM hacks there that does not have Fakemon
>>
>>27373970
>Generally just looking for a good worthwhile ROM hack without stupid ass Fakemon
Do not exist.
>>
>>27373970
Gaia is great, it feels like a real Pokemon game. There are future Pokemon, and they're implemented perfectly, unlike other gens,
>>
>>27374072
Link to said game?
>>
>>27374141
http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=326118
>>
>>27372000
i wouldn't consider a game with a freakin' earthquake garchomp in second gym "easy"
>>
File: pokequartz.jpg (6KB, 192x128px) Image search: [Google]
pokequartz.jpg
6KB, 192x128px
>>27369414

BEST.HACKROM.EVER!!!
>>
>>27370908
I hated the gameplay of vega. Routes are littered with so an overdose of trainers that pose no threat to you so it's a chore. Then you have the gym leaders which have pokemon ten levels higher than the trainers in their gym with strong bp and coverage moves while you're using ember and powder snow. Shame because the game probably had the best fakemon I've seen implanted in a romhack.

>>27371943
Loved this one. I know its edgy and some of the characters are annoying, but everything's so original and the bosses/fields are really fun. It felt so much more 'alive' than all the other fangames/romhacks I've played.
>>
>>27369414
Snakewood was pretty good, shame mine glitched out at the end ;;_;;
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.