[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why are the stats so shit :( you'd think something as smart

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 28
Thread images: 2

File: image.png (77KB, 250x250px)
image.png
77KB, 250x250px
Why are the stats so shit :( you'd think something as smart as it was is would have way higher special attack
>>
Gen 1/2 Disease. Almost all the pokemon had Average stats across the board and slightly excelled in one or 2 areas.
>>
>>27366478
I would have thought it would mirror Arcanine a little better at least
>>
>>27366478
It did in gen 1. I have no idea why gamefreak felt like they had to nerf it with the special split.
>>
I just realized that Ninetales' body looks really dumb. At least in this art.
>>
File: G4B6aS1[1].png (23KB, 552x716px)
G4B6aS1[1].png
23KB, 552x716px
>>27366478
Ninetales is 50 points behind where Arcanine, it's supposed counterpart, is at. Given the choice, I'd make its stats look like this. (+10/+5/+5/+10/+20/+0)

If it has to give up Drought for this, it's fine. Drought never fit it thematically anyway, and something like Magic Guard would be more suited to it.
>>
>>27366478
You can still use it as a specially defensive wall. You can also use it to counter rain teams. It's just that there's other pokemon that so it's job better.
>>
>>27366478
>be arcanine's counterpart
>be related to spirits, psychic powers and shit
>don't get any relevant attack for 3 gens
>don't get any relevant ability for 2 gens since the ability introduction
>whole level up movepool is cockblocked by flash fire pokemon
>gorillions of curse and disabling ablities to fit the lore but no destiny bond
>can't even learn morning sun or moonlight
>dex description make it sounds more legendary and mythical that arcanine the legendary pokemon species is
>only had flash fire as main ability and not even flame body or cursed body later in gen 5
>have a relevant BST difference with arcanine
>meanwhile the other furbait dog gets shitloads of coverage attacks, higher BST, new egg moves, recovery, priorities and much more

Not to forget Houndoom was introduced suddenly after Ninetales and so were Typhlosion. Houndoom only has those 95 base speed compared to Ninetales 100 and a less defensive stats that aren't really relevant if a Pokemon was meant to be offensive.
>>
>>27366587
>>27368096
I assume it just had base 100 special stat in gen 1
>>
is my favorit and makes me cry all the time
>>
>>27368096
>giving it the exact same stats as arcanine
why?
>>
>>27368458
?
those aren't arcanine's stats
>>
>>27366478
A mega with Solar Power will fix it
>>
Just make it fire/fairy, rise its sp attack and Speed a bit (many pokemon got upgraded in gen 6) upgrade its movepool ffs
>>
>>27368648
HA: serene grace
>>
>>27368709
drought > serene grace
>>
>>27368374
Yeah it's really weird that Ninetales got somewhat cucked. It's a popular Pokémon, it's gorgeous, it's based on one of the most important Japanese mythical creatures, and it could be so much more.
>>
It sucks that they nerfed weather so hard.
Ninetales' days in the sun are long gone.
>>
>>27368713
This>>27368774
>>
>>27368774
Get out. Now. Just go. Leave.
>>
>>27368774
>It sucks that they nerfed weather so hard.

No it doesn't.
>>
>>27368096
>Being this wimpy with distribution

Anon, you gotta account for power creep. Here:

>>
>>27368774
Weather wars were horrible, don't even joke about that.

not that megas are much better, but...
>>
>>27369310
You are the reason the power/speed creep exists and we can't have nice things.
>>
>>27369324
Blame Gamefreak, not me. I was just trying to make sure an old Pokemon could keep up. They should do that for all old Pokemon, honestly.
>>
>>27368374
I think the biggest issue with mon that could be better but aren't is that GameFreak doesn't care enough to keep older Pokemon up to date. A little stat boost here and there wouldn't hurt anything, they should have been doing from Gen 2/Gen 3. Gen 3 felt like the perfect opportunity to do it.

They need a dedicated team to go over older Pokemon stats, movepools, abilities, test said Pokemon, and buff or nerf accordingly.

But, kid's RPG, so who cares, right?
>>
Some Pokémon are going to suck, accept it.
>>
>>27369422

I was surprised they even bothered to update pokemon stats in gen 6. They only did a little bit here and there, but still, I was shocked. I hope its something they do more of in gen 7.
Thread posts: 28
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.