[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>pokemon don't have a blue pentagon >don't count

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 44
Thread images: 4

File: ds gaems.jpg (30KB, 253x251px) Image search: [Google]
ds gaems.jpg
30KB, 253x251px
>pokemon don't have a blue pentagon
>don't count towards pokedex completion
>old systems, dated graphics

I never played Platinum, or BW/2. Is there really any reason to do so?
>>
>>27365237
Play platinum, and your pick of Black and Black two, or White and White 2. You won't regret it. Unless you do, in which case there's something wrong with you that you need to get checked out, in which case wouldn't it be better to know to check?
>>
>>27365237
Platinum is worth it, BW/2 aren't.
>>
>>27365237
They count towards Pokedex completion on my game?
>>
more than twice the content XY and ORAS could ever hope to have.
>>
what?
>>
>dated meme
You shouldn't play anything before 2013.
>>
Fun.
>>
>>27365237
Play Platinum if you want a game with a decent challenge. The gym leaders/e4 have competent teams and movesets. BW2 is a fun game and I recommend it just for the sake of the experience. People will tell you to play BW for the prequel story, but honestly, BW is boring trash.
>>
>>27365263

B2/W2 is my favourite generation and games.

Gen 6, both games, easily have more to do than them. It''s just not as polished.
>>
><>people itt are suggesting that BW/2 are "fun" or a "good experience
ugliest games to date
>>
You're asking if there's any point in playing the 2 best titles of the entire franchise
>>
File: 1469342194057.jpg (104KB, 872x685px) Image search: [Google]
1469342194057.jpg
104KB, 872x685px
>>27365285

This is a blant fucking lie and you know it.
>>
>>27365285
That's just straight up wrong anon

>>27365302
>game being ugly
>means it's content isn't good
Kill yourself
>>
>>27365237
Plat-BW2 is the best string on games in Pokemon period

Ironically the worst spin offs though....
>>
>>27365274
Hi there!

You seem to have made a bit of a mistake in your post. Luckily, the users of 4chan are always willing to help you clear this problem right up! You appear to have used a tripcode when posting, but your identity has nothing at all to do with the conversation! Whoops! You should always remember to stop using your tripcode when the thread it was used for is gone, unless another one is started! Posting with a tripcode when it isn't necessary is poor form. You should always try to post anonymously, unless your identity is absolutely vital to the post that you're making!

Now, there's no need to thank me - I'm just doing my bit to help you get used to the anonymous image-board culture!
>>
>>27365376
Please stop. You're clearly not affecting him, you just clutter up threads with large blocks of text

>inb4 I would be a tripfag
>>
>>27365326
It's pretty unbearable. Huge step down from gen 4.
>>
>>27365385
Exactly. Eventually he's going to get tired of it and take it off.
>>
>>27365376
Why not just post the .gif? You'd look less retarded.
>>
>>27365389
Oh come on gen 4 was that easy on the eyes either
>>
File: 2016-07-26-013014_147x110_scrot.png (27KB, 147x110px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-26-013014_147x110_scrot.png
27KB, 147x110px
>>27365416
I always wondered, why did they make the back sprites the same resolution as the front sprites, just to blow them up? They look really bad.
Overworld isn't that great either, referring to the 2D sprites, and how you always poke people in the head with your hat.
>>
>>27365557
Funny
>>
File: 1467020152918.jpg (7KB, 291x204px) Image search: [Google]
1467020152918.jpg
7KB, 291x204px
>>27365302
>letting something as assinine as this get in the way of enjoying a masterpiece

we don't need any more kalosperms on this board
>>
>>27365302
Even if you dont like designs of some pokemon, it doesnt take away the objectively better writing of the story and characters. Plus, Gen 5 had lots of postgame content and actually challenging opponents
>>
>>27365237
>I never played Platinum, or BW/2. Is there really any reason to do so?

Yes, they're good games.
>>
I wanna play both Black and White 2.
I have a DS and a 3DS, can I trade between the two consoles?
If I beat Black 2 first to unlock challenge mode, can I use the Unova Link to unlock it on White 2 right away?
>>
>>27367718
That's how it works, it's a flawed system but helps with friends
>>
>>27367009
Just old gym leaders and challenge mode are challenging tho
>>
>>27365362
That string includes Mystery Dungeon Sky, Pokemon Conquest, and that typing game so its not ALL bad. The pokepark games were middling child's play, but fun little distractions as well.

But yeah OP if you mever played the 2009 to 2012 era get your ass on it. You have the distortion world finale for platinum and its post league, despite the levels still being borked going through a fixed Kanto and mastering the Pokeathlon in HGSS is a wild ride, and Gen 5 has the most solid gameplay and experience you will ever get in a Pokemon game, until SM god willingly. Definitely the Silver Age of Pokemon.
>>
>>27365237
>playing VGC
>incorrect
>no shit sherlock

All jokes aside, I do believe theyre the pinnacle of pokemon game quality. The newer games have obviously refined the formula but they haven't really done much to improve on what DPPt/B/W2 did to the games as a whole. In fact in many areas, they're actually a few steps backwards.

They're good pokemon games, play them if you like pokemon games.
If you're afraid of things being dated, keep in mind that the 3DS pokemon games are also dated as shit. The 3DS is ancient, shitty hardware and the games suffer.
>>
>>27365302
Graphics don't hinder my enjoyment of a game at all, and honestly I don't mind any gen's graphics, but a good example of them not mattering is XY. When you get over the fact that mainline has finally hit 3D, the game feels really dull.
>>
>>27365237
The ultimate Pokemon games are: Emerald, HGSS, Platinum, BW2. Play them.
>>
>>27367907
REMAKE OF POKÉMON PLATINUM ON 4DS WHEN
>>
>>27367718
Yeah you should be able to trade, I sent all my white 2 mins over to white so I could start fresh but keep my old pokes for some PWT stuff
>>
SoulSilver is the best game of the franchise, platinum and bw2 are worth playing so you can transfer your rare ball Pokemon forward.
>>
>>27368070
You can skip it with pokehex tho
>>
>>27365237
They have the best single player experiences. The only issue with BW2 is some of the best shit like Join Avenue requires online play to get the most use out of it.

I wonder what Gen 6 apologists are going to do to defend their games when both soaring and secret bases become all-but-unusable when online shuts down.
>>
>>27368265
You can soar offline tho
>>
>>27368320
Well soaring itself doesn't have any online interaction, but unless you're just using it as a fancier version of Fly, you either need online or Streetpass (the latter probably means you need a friend who happens to be playing through this game at the same time as you, since Gen 8 will be out by the time online shuts down) to access Mirage Spots.

All those Legendaries ORAS apologists claim give the game more postgame than Emerald are locked behind those Mirage Spots, too.
>>
>>27368368
ORAS was a mistake anyway
>>
>>27365259
I thought Black and White were poor while Black and White 2 fixed most of their problems. Daimond and Pearl were pretty good.

Actually, Black and White were my least favorite games, mostly I felt there wasn't much pokemon diversity in early game and it killed replayability.
>>
>>27365260
Ignore that retarded OP.
>>
>>27365237
How does it feel to be a complete retard?
Thread posts: 44
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.