[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why were the first 2 Pokemon Movies the best and everything after

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 257
Thread images: 18

File: pokemon1.jpg (203KB, 1300x971px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon1.jpg
203KB, 1300x971px
Why were the first 2 Pokemon Movies the best and everything after them sucked hard?
>>
why does everybody keep sucking pokemon 2000's fat dick
>>
>>27364644

Because you were young and didn't know any better, and you remember them being better than they were. None of the Pokemon movies are very good, the first ones included.
>>
You grew up. That's the only way you could think the 2nd movie is better than the 3rd.
>>
nigger what are you talking about the Entei movie was just as good
>>
>>27364644
Thats nostalgia talking and blatantly not true. 4ever, Heroes, Jirachi Wishmaker, Lucario and the Mystery of Mew, Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea, Giratina and the Sky Bouquet, and Keldeo's movie are all really good.
>>
every pokemon movie sucks
>>
>>27364644
Production values droped.
>>
The first three and Destiny Deoxys are the only good ones.
>>
>imFUCKINGplying that Entie movie isnt supreme god tier

We can all atleast agree that gen 5 had the absolute worst movies

The victini movie was so fucking boring, it actually pulled the "Ash is dead but not really" card to build interest

and don't get me started on the Keldeo movie, literally no fucking story, and Kyurem can suddenly change between forms at will
>>
>>27364714
Except Destiny Deoxys is fucking garbage. It wasted Rayquaza and a chunk of the movie is the cast locked down in a city. It's rubbish, especially the subplot with the little boy.
>>
File: pkmnmovie3.jpg (767KB, 1050x792px) Image search: [Google]
pkmnmovie3.jpg
767KB, 1050x792px
>>27364680
Yeah sorry you're right I didn't like the 3rd one that much but its still way better than the trash that came after it.

>>27364695
All garbage
>>
>>27364656

Because it's the FIRST movie

Just like how it was the FIRST gen

>>27364695

I agree with you but

>Keldeo

Holy shit fuck no
>>
>Implying
>>
>>27364695
>Pokemon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea
>good
Literally the worst out of all the movies by far.
>>
>>27364767
Thats not the Victini dual movie or the Arceus movie or Destiny Deoxys
>>
File: 1455509411854.png (63KB, 245x202px) Image search: [Google]
1455509411854.png
63KB, 245x202px
>>27364695
This is supremely trash taste to the maximum.
>>
Good Tier
Mewtwo, Entei, Lucario, and Zoroark

Alright Tier
Lugia, Deoxys, and Shaymin

Meh Tier
Everything Else

Shit
Celebi and all the BW movies
>>
This thread reaks of the special kind of retards that actually like Destiny Deoxys despite it being the worst Advance Generation film.
>>
File: pokemowhy.jpg (214KB, 1230x996px) Image search: [Google]
pokemowhy.jpg
214KB, 1230x996px
I think one of the problems is that legendaries in the early movies actually felt epic.

Newer movies just go full

>WOAH EPIX LEGENDARIES EVERYWHERE XDDD HERE IS POKEGOD FIGHTING LMAO SUMMON LEGENDARIES EVERYWHERE x^DDD DUDE LOL SO EPIC MEGA RAYGUAZA 1V1
>>
>>27364782
The Victini movie was mediocre as fuck, but at least it didn't have retarded shit like a fat old cartoon pirate for a villain and Ash doing a super saiyan Aqua Jet. The other two movies weren't really that bad (especially since 7 had an adorable shota).
>>
>>27364644
The first movie was great. The second movie was meh.

The second movie looses a ton of its luster once you stop wanting to suck Lugia's dick.
>>
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew is the only good Pokemon movie.
>>
>>27364941
I prefer Ho-oh over Lugia but the Movie was still great.

>>27364956
Furfag bait movie. Lucario is one of those few pokemon I genuinely hate.
>>
Has anyone seen the Volcanion/Magearna movie? For what I've seen I'm liking their personalities (as basic as they may be).
>>
>>27364656
Alpha can you honestly jut tell us why you didn't change your tripcode when you came back with a new name
It just doesn't make any sense.
>>
>any pokemovie
>good
>>
Actually the first movie pissed me off,

No one can do anything.
"Stop it Mewtwo"
"Stop it Zapdos"
"Stop it Entei"

Fucking dogshit protagonist

>a bunch of rando trainers who literally nothing to do with anything
Have some game characters in there, why not have Gary and his harem?
Why not have some gym leaders?
That whole tears thing near the end was bullshit.
Clones should have been obliterated
Mewtwo should have been a fucking corpse, by the end of the movie.
Seemed like it was catering to little girls more so than anything.
>>
>>27365126
>why not have Gary and his harem?
because gary was mewtwo's first victim?
>>
>>27364706
I rewatched them recently and they really all are shit. I know they're movies for children, but that shouldn't allow you to get away with making mediocre crap.
>>
>>27365139
Is Gary the GOAT?
>>
>>27365126
>Clones should have been obliterated
Edgy bullshit.
>>
>>27365126
>Clones should have been obliterated
>Mewtwo should have been a fucking corpse, by the end of the movie.

>t. Japanese Mew
>>
The Zoroark movie is good because half of it is angry Zoromom tearing shit up and the other half is Zorua being a little shit causing pranks
>>
>>27365195
Better than dogshit Ash screaming
"Stop it Mewtwo."
>>
>>27365126
>That whole tears thing near the end was bullshit.
Because it wasnt originally planned and was added last minute.

Ash was supposed to stay a rock
>>
>>27365126
>>27365327
I'm sure Mewtwo brought him back to life without realizing it because he was "reminded" of that girl's death he cried over himself, but couldn't really really remember it because his memories were erased.
>>
best movie by far is the one when Ash encounters that legendary pokemon
>>
Because you were 12.

Literally why.

I give you the first movie, but the Lugia movie sucked and the Hoopa movie, to give you a more recent example, is much better.
>>
>>27364644
But the first movie was terrible. Almost as bad as the third.
>>
The Entei movie was good.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qRf-5lU7AYg
>>
>>27364644
I liked the Celebi movie a lot.
>>
File: MY DICK.png (236KB, 607x281px)
MY DICK.png
236KB, 607x281px
>>27365535
When they showed this in the trailer for this movie when it came out I got fucking goosebumps. Charizard battling a Legendary Pokemon while Ash rides on his back? Holy fucking Christ are you serious?
>>
>>27365535
I loved the backgrounds and art concepts in this movie. The dream arenas, especially the meadow, are pretty as fuck.
The ending is a big series of asspulls, though.
>>
>>27365535
Entei is a cheater, Charizard won. I guess that's not really a real Entei though, so whatever.

This movie is God-tier regardless.
>>
Pokemon 2000 is shit.

Nothing fucking happens until the last like, 10 minutes. The dialogue is silly and fun, yeah, but Christ the whole flick is so goddamn boring.
>>
>>27364695
Jirachi movie is so trash that I wanted my time back after watching it at 1am during my school holidays, piece of trash that has nothing happen at all, and when something does happen, it's shit.
>>
>>27365575
Not to forget HE'S SAVING HIS MOM!
>>
>>27365575
Charizard is so fucking badass. He gives me the biggest boners in the most non gay way.
>>
>>27364695
I know its been said, but the Jirachi, Lucario, and Keldeo's movie were all pretty bad.
>>
>>27366005
>>27366060
I enjoyed the fake Groudon part of the Jirachi movie, because it very briefly feels like a Pokemon version of a kaiju film.
The rest is boring garbage. I can still hear the "doo doo doo" quality musical number in my head.
>>
>>27364666
Bullshit. Mewtwo strikes back is a very solid movie even with the japanese scenes that add a ton to the story taken out.
>>
>>27364644
Because anyone praising the shitpile that is the second movie has bad taste.
>>
>>27364862
Are you alright in the head? Do you need help?
>>
First is the best tier:
Mewtwo Strikes Back

Unironically pretty good:
Latios and Latias
Spell of the Unown
The Rise of Darkrai

Not very good but still casual fun tier:
The Power of One
The Pokémon Ranger and the Prince of the Sea: Manaphy
Arceus: To Conquering Space-Time
Phantom Ruler: Zoroark

I'm having problems trying to enjoy it tier:
Visitor from the Sky-Splitting: Deoxys
Giratina and the Bouquet of the Frozen Sky: Shaymin
Diancie and the Cocoon of Destruction

This is bad tier:
White/Black first movie(s) - Zerkrom/Reshiram
The Archdjinni of the Rings: Hoopa

Terrible tier:
Wishing Star of the Seven Nights: Jirachi
Mew and the Aura Hero: Lucario

Pokemon was a mistake tier:
Celebi: Voice of the Forest
Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo
ExtremeSpeed Genesect: Mewtwo Awakens

Trust me on this, I've watched them all subbed multiple times and have given this a lot of thought.
>>
Thematically, only the first and third movie mattered in the slightest. They felt more like movies for its character-driven (as little as it may have been) storyline and use of actual themes that were done at least somewhat right; and those themes made them somewhat unique as well.

I give credit to the third one for using Unown as a major plot element since most of the movies (if not all) focus on legendaries doing dumb shit. It's gotten worse in the newer ones for being glorified anime episodes with several legendaries fighting each other.
Although that trend started ever since the first film, it went into overdrive in the second one already. All about catching them without much happening inbetween. It is one of the most boring movies in the franchise. The only thing I like about it is the poster.

The Pokemon anime sucks; everyone who likes it has low standards. There shouldn't even be lots of doubt about it, yet people still like to clinge on how the fighting improved or how people only watch it for the animation, proving they have no idea how writing works, or the real world for that matter. But since a lot of underage boys browse this board, I'm not that surprised.
I am, however, surprised that the first season gets shit on so much by nostalgia-hating people without having any knowledge of any kind about anything.
The first seasons were made by someone else. Since Pokemon was at its earliest stages, the anime was more experimental about it and introduced concepts and episodes that were throughly unique and, because of it, interesting.
Even though there were quite a few flaws (i.e. no real gym battles) and a lot of filler (as always), it's still more interesting than the newer episodes (for the most part) as it isn't just about random fights. It's always been MOTD, but done differently.
Albeit D/P had way better storytelling, for Pokemon standards at least,I consider the first season of Pokemon to be more interesting. But that's just my opinion.
>>
>>27366983
Thematically, fifth one was about Ash's first love... with a pokemon.

I think you're being a bit too dismissive for saying only two movies were character driven. For example, fifth one has a shit plot exactly because it focuses on characters most of the time.

Third one certainly is the standout here even to this day. THat it ended up good is a miracle considering how budget got slashed since the last movie.
>>
I think we can all agree that 4Ever sucked. It honestly felt like a long episode of the anime. And for THAT they fucked the GS Ball plot?

Mind, it's only fair worst season should have worst movie.
>>
>>27367030
>worst movie
Oh anon... You should try the pony movie or the mewtwo movie 2. Or even better, don't. Just trust us. Those are so much worse.
>>
>>27367030
Worst season also had best movie, so be as it may.

>>27367003
Suppose you're right about me being bit too dismissive about it. It just depends on the story anyways.
Of course the fifth one is going to be bad, though, once romance is involved as the show will always remain in a status quo which makes any romantic plot irrrelevant. And, well, the characters are one-dimensional, and I doubt they will ever add any dimension to them. Which makes character-driven storylines hard and, at most, still bad.
Having said that, the villains are mostly the ones who add any story in the first place since the hero never does shit. Their motives vary, or at least can be, and that's why they're more interesting and what I meant when I talk about character-driven storylines.

Nonetheless, yeah, Latias as a human being in love with Ash was never gonna work out in any way possible because it's a Pokemon movie.
Its theme wasn't really approached in any way as well, which is why I pointed out the first's and third's one; both do something that isn't really being done before. Both have themes that could work well without the realms of Pokemon. Both are themes that haven't really been done since as well.

Actually, Pokemon 2000 had a great concept. You don't often see the collection aspect in Pokemon despite it being the most important one besides, obviously, fighting.
That really sucks because they give literally no motivation to the villain, only in the japanese hand-outs he has any which basically means fuck-all.
I don't remember much besides the most important moments (like, two or three), but I do remember that Team Rocket did something heroic for once, although I really don't remember what it was. Or how it mattered.
>>
Entei and Mewtwo movies were good because it connected to the series somehow, and had actual effort and emotion in it, Entei in particular, two did as well and had some character moments like the other two but I didn't care for it as much, Latios was fine, atmosphere wise, but still meh. But the anime is shit anyway, which I can't see why nobody here agrees, the only good Pokémon thing outside of games is the manga, which is god-tier.
>>
>>27366983
Hits the nail on the head rather well.
>>
>>27366759
Fuck off.
>>
>>27364656
Fuck off, you attention whore.
>>
>>27365254
>Describing an OS filler

You just stated why it is bad.
>>
>>27365126
>anything in that movie hurting mewtwo.
even mew being on par is bullshit, if anything mewtwo wouldve made everyone else a corpse now stop being edgy.
>>
>>27366983
>I give credit to the third one for using Unown as a major plot element since most of the movies (if not all) focus on legendaries doing dumb shit.
The story behind that is that Lugia was made specifically for the anime so they'd have something to headline a movie. They weren't willing to make up another new Pokemon for the third movie, so they didn't have much to work with when production began. After a while, they were sent pictures of six new Pokemon and went "these are gonna be in the next game, pick two of them for your movie". They ended up picking Unown and Entei without any context for what their role in the games would be.
>>
I think the inherent problem with Pokemon movies is that they're not Pokemon movies. You could swap out the Pokemon with a generic monster (or fairy/alien/whatever) in most of them and nobody would notice that they were originally Pokemon movies. The core things that people associate with the franchise, like trainers having Pokemon battles with their captured Pokemon, are always absent. I think the first is the only one that really requires the story be set in a world where people carry portable monsters around with them. (although the third did have a trainer battle sequence to pad out the runtime)
>>
>>27368322
It's good because Ash isn't the focus of the movie
>>
>>27368349
Seems interesting, any link for that source? Wonder what other Pokemon they were supposed to eventually pick.
>>
>>27368464
http://dogasu.bulbagarden.net/movies/pm_lord_unknown_tower_entei/lord_unknown_tower_entei_mythical_third_movie.html
My mistake, it was four. No idea what the other two could have been.
>>
>>27364644
They all suck. It's just nostalgia if you think that at all. You are not a little kid anymore, and if you still think like one, then you're going to be treated like one. Go to your room, you're not allowed anything for 1 week. If you say anything, it multiplies. Do I make myself clear.
>>
>>27364644
>pokemon movie
>good
It's just an hour or more long episode featured as a movie, none of them play out like a movie.
it also doesn't help when any new "movie" past gen 4 has oversaturated colors
trust me, even my favorite was shit in disguise
>>
>>27364644
>Desitny Deoxys
>bad
Trash opinion, faggot.
>>
>>27368505
>Trash opinion
Yours, yes.

It's a movie heavily reliant on character interactions. The plot is really basic and boils down to go to X then Y then Z. And in each of these locations we get a lot of down time where characters interract. The problem with characters is that Ash's company acts normally, like in the series and the special snowflake autist is a boring character. We get to watch 20+ minutes of him struggling with pokemon, as the movie tries to explain to us the nature of his phobia. This is bad because we only needed one of those scenes. All other are basically boring filler that doesn't advance his character, but merely repeats it. Everything is so dry and boring and the action scenes between these, admitedly not outright terrible, just dull character interactions serve nothing but to push the cast to the next location. Why is that bad? Because they leave you with blue balls. Rayquaza is drawn in a few different scales on error, Deoxis just watches everyone until he's told to start shit for the great finale and any explosions or attacks are stopped before they can become exciting. It's not the great finale so they cant' blow their money on action.

Thus we get a character focused movie with boring ass characters and a barebones plot which exists only for explosions, but we only get that in the finale. Yeah, the finale is pretty great. The problem is suffering thru the rest of the movie before it. Except for Munchlax.

4/10
>>
>>27364656
it was made before you were born
>>
>>27366897
Mostly correct
>>
>>27368483

>literal fossiled dinosaur is being found
>tackles the issue of real-life animals and Pokemon
That's pretty neat.

>dinosaur rampages through everything and they have to stop it
This, not so much.
>>
Fuck the Diance movie was pretty much a long episode of the anime. The villians were severrly underplayed and it didn't make Diance seem mysteriously elusive and beautiful. If there are books about it being an elusive mythical, how come nobody bats a freakin eye at the thing?

Hell, they have a shopping montage, at the mall, the MALL. i could excuse it if they mention that Diance was long forgotten or an explanation but no. At least that brief relationship between Xerneas and Yvetal was pretty cool to see.

Also they pull a Mewtwo Strikes Back where you think a character is gonna die but they don't, but it doesn't really make you feel anything
>>
>>27366897
Mewtwo Returns?
>>
>>27364644
I liked the one about Entei and the unowns.
>>
>>27371846
TV special, not a movie.
>>
>>27364714
Deoxys always made me hungry for hot dogs after seeing that movie.
>>
Nostalgia.
>>
>>27364731
This, Zoroark movie was actually pretty good too.

>>27364695
Jirachi movie was trash
>Max being a central character because muh friendship with Jirachi
>Artificial Groudon is the villain
>Nothing happens in the movie

I still have yet to see the Hoopa movie, but I heard it's decent.

I hated the Lucario pandering in the movie, but at least we got to see the Regis.
>>
File: hooh.png (48KB, 271x300px) Image search: [Google]
hooh.png
48KB, 271x300px
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eqVnQpZf3H0

Is it a bad thing or a good thing that Ho-Oh has not starred in a single movie yet?
>>
>>27372023
The Hoopa movie is good, it just got an absolutely horrendously bad dub, so people that watched it in English tend to dislike it for that reason.
>>
>>27366897
Arceus movie was awful
>>
>>27372050
I don't watch the dub, but I heard CN also cut off a few scenes, like the fountain cherub pissing.
>>
>>27365637
It's alright if you watch it as a mindless action movie starring Pokemon, otherwise it kinda falls apart

I mean I fucking love the bird trio and the movie has lots and lots of scenes of them blowing shit up and burninating the countryside, I can't hate that
>>
>>27364956
You at least have to admit the first movie had a nice art direction. The movies after that started using trashy 3D.
>>
>>27371846
>he doesn't know the Japanese movie title

>>27371960
>TV special
Was shit
>>
>>27372064
That wasn't in the movie, it was in the promo OVA.

But yes, they cut that.
>>
>>27372027
He's going to be in the last one
>>
>>27372055
>Arceus movie was awful
How?
It was thematically coherent, successfully tied together the trilogy and the main cast was slightly interesting. And the action was good.
>>
>>27364644
>mfw the pre-show was better
>>
>>27372150
The time travel made no sense.
And Sheena was ugly
>>
>>27364862
reminder that there were people honestly believing the Hoopa movie would be able to do justice to all the legendaries starring in the movie and it would be one of the best movies
>>
>>27372158
>The time travel made no sense.
Doesn't matter. Time travel doesn't make sense almost anywhere.
>>
>seeing all this hate for Pokemon 4ever

??? I still love it and thought it was adorable and cute. Even watching it as a kid it was amazing, plus the soundtrack was great.
>>
>>27372190
Only good about it were the backgrounds. They really looked nice sometimes. And the battle at the beginning before boarding the ferry.

Everything else is trash.
>>
>>27372190

It was boring, and while it's a thing in just about every movie 4ever is the worst when it comes to trying to generate cheap drama by characters "dying".
>>
>>27372212
Don't forget the evil team rocket guy who has invented dark pokeballs that level up all pokemon to level 100 and makes them edgy. And his motherfucking ugly cgi mecha contraption that makes no sense. Plot was terrible.
>>
>>27364862
You could have made a good point but you wasted it with ALL CAPITAL LETTERS.
>>
>>27364695
Only thing I agree with is the Pokemon Ranger movie. There's something about it that I really like but I don't know what.
>>
>>27372273
>There's something about it that I really like but I don't know what
Charming and fleshed out secondary characters, truly heartwarming connection between May and Manaphy and Ash having agency and saving the whole thing with his own ability except pokemon?
>>
>>27364862
Don't forget the mythical Pokemon being able to talk.
>>
File: rev.png (15KB, 806x115px) Image search: [Google]
rev.png
15KB, 806x115px
>>27364862
>>27372255
Here's your opinion, but without caps.
>>
>>27372023
Hoopa movie is terrible. It's the ultimate case of "look at all this nothing!". Half of the movie is just a screen filled up with Legendaries.
>>
>>27372318
The legendary battle last like 10 minutes, anon.
>>
>>27372327
Bullshit. it's 25 minutes of shit flying around the city destroying everything with no people in sight because they'd have to animate them and make a survival plot for the people if anyone were present.
inb4 someone defends movie with one of those two reaction shots from afar

It's not a terrible movie. It's just boring and dull, but legendaries were the worst part of it.
>>
>>27372190
It was a complete Princess Mononoke ripoff.
>>
>>27364862
The Sinnoh trio has like 4 movies to their name now and Ho-Oh doesn't even have one.
>>
>>27372304
Oh please that's been around since the 1st movie.
And no, Mewtwo using telepathy and psychic mumbo jumbo doesn't mean he didn't fucking have a voice actor.
>>
>>27372356
Timecode 00:50:40. Hoopa Unbound has just summoned the legendaries, and we cut away to the tower for a bit, then just returned to see the legendaries start their attack.
>>
>>27364644
The first movie highlights one of the major flaws in the indigo arc. Ash diedafter mewtwo killed him to a lethal death...EXCEPT LOL NOPE DID YOU KNO THAT POKEMON TIERS CAN CURE TURNEDTOSTONE-ITIS CUZ REASONS LMAO JUST LIKE HOW T BOLT CAN HIT RHYDONS HORN N U CAN GET A BADGE FOR MAKING AN EMO GOTH BEEYOTCH LAUGH!

Shill harder, genwunner
>>
>>27372378
Don't put words into my mouth. The old movies voices didn't feel forced and they still use telepathy to communicate. Now it's just to make the mythical Pokemon "cute" without adding much to the narrative, and arguably making the movie worse in the process.
>>
>>27371466
>A long episode of the anime
Yeah, even BW movies felt like movies, however controversial they are. If anything it had nice pacing. It's just that the stakes never seemed really high. Even the whole main plot of Diancie needing to perfect her/its powers to save the underground country seemed shafted for a lackluster Yveltal appearance. This is more easily compared to other movies that have done similar things (featuring multiple legendary pokemon that have nothing to do with one another). I think Shaymin's probably handled such inclusions in the plot the best.
>>
>>27372411
Timecode 00:59:57. Barza freezes Hoopa Unbound in place with the completed bottle, ending the battle.

Every single scene of the possessed legendaries doing anything at all takes place during the 9 minutes between these two shots.
>>
>>27372424
Wow you seem underaged even for this board.
>>
>>27364644
2000 was actually pretty bad 1 > 3 > all others b4 gen 6 > 2000 > all g6 onwards
>>
>>27372424
That salt
>>
>>27364644
>Why were the first 2 Pokemon Movies the best and everything after them sucked hard?
Because they weren't.

The Entei and Deoxys movie were the best with 1 following behind.
2000 and the rest were hot trash.
>>
>>27372424
What are you, 9? I can't understand a single word you're saying with your misuse of the word genwunner.
>>
>>27372455
Notice how the genwunner results to petty insults when confronted with intellectual criticism.

I'm surprised you didn't use one of tour fedora pictures your kind keeps in case of being humiliated by your cerebral superiors.
>>
>>27372461
2000 wasn't as good as many people make it out to be but it was for sure better than the gen V movies and several others like 4EVER and Jirachi.
>>
>>27372424
>EMO GOTH BEEYOTCH
What did he mean by this?
>>
>>27372466
>>27372490
see >>27372494
>>
>>27372424
t. babby born after Gen IV
>>
>>27372499
yeah i should say

1 > 3 > gen 4movies > 2000 > others > 4ever = gen 3 movies (mehrachi)
>>
>>27372507
Nice ad hominem, gaylord.
>>
>>27372505
Except I'm not a genwunner and enjoy all of the games. It's people who misuse the term for disliking even a single thing in any of the newer gens that are the worst part of the fanbase.
>>
>>27372446
>>27372411
This anon speaks true. It's just a testament to how boring the fight was that it seemed like half the movie.
>>
>>27372505
notice how you call everyone that disagrees with you a genwunner?
nobody above the age of 12 would write BEEYOTCH
>>
>>27372551
Except your criticism amounted to "it suxx0rz cuz i sed and i am 133t oldfig so my wurd is law".

Whereas I articulately and analytically criticized the first movie, and you had a spergtastic bitchfest.
>>
>>27372569
>notice how you call everyone that disagrees with you a genwunner?
Nice strawman. see >>27372601
>>
>>27372527
>putting the Gen 3 movies that low when it includes Heroes and Destiny Deoxys
>Putting the Gen 4 movies that high
>Putting 2000 that high when it was straight trash and made people think Lugia is related to the birds when it isn't at all

1 = 3 = DD > Heroes > others > Genesect > trash > Gen 4 trilogy > 2000 > Jirachi
>>
>>27372601
Except I did nothing of the sort? All I did was say how illegible your message was and said nothing about said content. You must be autistic or something.
>>
>>27372027
>>27372143
I actually find this plausible.
>Ash's journey starts with a Ho-Oh
>Once Ash wins the Kalos League, Ho-Oh will appear as the grand finale
>>
>>27372619
heros was forgettable, and i only watched deoxies on my ds in japanese, however i was forgetting it was actually good

1 > 3 > Girantina one > deoxies > gen 4 > gen 3 > whatever else > 2000 > jirachi
>>
>>27372616
Stop misusing terms you don't know what mean. You literally called the three first people that disgreed with you genwunners, so that's a fact and not something I put in your mouth.

It is getting more and more obvious that you're underage.
>>
File: 1984 ad.jpg (196KB, 837x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1984 ad.jpg
196KB, 837x1024px
>>27372634
>Ash wins the Kalos league
>>
>>27372527
Destiny Deoxys and Heroes were better than the Gen 4-6 movies imho.
>>
>>27364656
You wouldn't understand, little kiddo.
Go evolve your luvdisc.
>>
>>27372664
Well, do you want another season of Ash fucking around with level 1 shitmons? Ash-Greninja is a shitty gimmick, but at least Ash finally wins at something other than the Orange Islands.

>>27372675
based taste
>>
>>27372628
Im autisric for disagreeing with you? Okay, fampardos

>>27372661
I called """them""" genwunners for calling me an underage autist for saying something bad about your poorly written garbage.
>>
>>27372687
So in other words, it sucks but you're in denial and have yet to move on like everyone else.
Got it.
>>
>not liking the 3rd movie
That was just as good as the first two. The fourth was when it started to slip because it completely fucked up the GS Ball story line.
>>
>>27372658
Anybody putting shit like the gen V and VI movies above 2000 has irredeemably shit taste.
It's no masterpiece, but nowhere close to those shitstains.
>>
>>27372704
I don't think you realise how terrible 2000 was.
Go back and watch it for the streams of cringe and sequel syndrome.
>>
>>27372698
You're further proving my point. I'm talking about you TYPING LIKE THIS XDDDDD and I said nothing about disagreeing or agreeing with anything you're trying to say. I've clarified this multiple times now.
>>
>>27372698
Which is not what a strawman is at all, neither is that what genwunner means.
Come back in a few years when you actually know what you're talking about instead of just parroting what you see fellow anons type.
>>
>>27372737
I'll bet a $10 he's the same anon that thought objectively meant that you take opinions into account a while back.
>>
>>27372503
Hopefully he's not trying to talk shit about best girl
>>
>>27372717
2000 is alright. I think you fail to realize how bad the other ones are and is just blinded by hate for 2000.
I suspect you haven't actually watched the newer movies at all and just assume they are better than 2000. Like the Keldeo one, now that's some cringey shit.
>>
>>27372737
>>27372755

>neither is that what genwunner means.
anyone that blindly praises something for being original is a geneunner. If you wanted a faggy ass hugbox, maybe you should have posted this on your home site, reddit, bitch ass NIGGER.
>>
>>27372755
Give me my $10 because I have no idea who you're talking about, and that person is wrong.

Why would that be me though, when you're the one misusing terms time and time again?
>>
>>27372779
>I suspect you haven't actually watched the newer movies at all and just assume they are better than 2000.
Oh they're bad, but 2000 is either on the same level or worse because of the dialogue and story.
>>
>>27372780
A genwunner is someone who likes gen one and only gen one. They'll trash newer gens relentlessly and say stuff like "Pokemon isn't like what it used to be". If you want to find what these people are like, I recommend trying to find some Pokemon GO players who haven't touched an Nintendo console in years. Every generation has Pokemon with bad designs, you're just as bad as the genwunners if you can't take the smallest amount of criticism.
>>
>>27372697
I don't want it but it's probably going to happen. Unless they finally decide to change main characters.
>>
>>27372797
>Why would that be me though, when you're the one misusing terms time and time again?
Holy shit, you are totally him aren't you.
>>
>>27372780
Which is not what any of the three first people that replied to you did. They just called you an idiot and underage for your writing style, and then you immediately went on to call them genwunners. .
>>
>>27372411
>>27372446
Why are you not counting the other Legendary summons?
>>
>>27372704
honestly ive only skimmed through movies past 14, but i think the target demographic shifted even further with them, so you cant look at them with the same way you do the others

one thing we can all agree is that the original is the absolute best movie, due to the actually good story and the fact its not just about legendaries fighting for a bit on an mountain landscape. Also i didnt even watch it until i was 15, 5 years ago so i wouldnt say its nostalgia
>>
>>27372815
No line in that movie comes close to "me and the grass are friends now", nor was the whole story "just a test to teach Keldeo a lesson". How you can put either the dialogue or the story of 2000 below Keldeo is beyond me.
>>
File: misty's psyduck.png (70KB, 688x472px) Image search: [Google]
misty's psyduck.png
70KB, 688x472px
>>27372150
>implying the trilogy lived up to its potential
>>
>>27372818
>you're just as bad as the genwunners if you can't take the smallest amount of criticism.

YOU!

DID!

NOT!

POST!

ANY!

CRITISIM!

YOU!

STUPID

FAGGOT!

Do you know what intllectual criticism looks like? Here's a hint: it looks like this: >>27372424, not this: >>27364644. You would know that if you were educated to any significant degree. Dont reply to me again until you learn to discus things maturely amd intellectually.

>>27372835
Yeah, okay, fucking liar
>>
>>27372867
Actually Spell of Unown is my favorite, but I would put the original on second place
>>
>>27372542
>puts an ad hominem in their first post
>replied to with ad hominem
>replies to that post, calling them out on using an ad hominem before proceeding to use an ad hominem

Was /vp/ ever decent?
>>
>>27372896
>Here's a hint: it looks like this: >>27372424
You honestly don't think that is valid criticism do you?
>>
>>27372150
Yeah I agree.
Except for being thematically coherent because there wasn't actually as much emphasis on the legendaries as there should have been in the previous two and instead they focused on the event legends too much.
And the action.

And the fact that it shoved in the Mcguffin kids that could control the legendary Pokemon and shoved them into flashbacks about the previous movies.

Actually no they were pretty shit.
>>
>>27372923
Why? Did I trigger your jimmies when i criticized your gen 1 movie? Next time, stick with fedora pics so i dont have to waste brain cells reading your drivel.
>>
>>27372834
No I'm not, maybe you should stay here for more than a week before trying your hands at calling out samefag, because you're failing miserably.
>>27372896
>Yeah, okay, fucking liar

>>27372424
your first post, where you sperg like a true underage
>>27372455
>>27372466
>>27372490
first three posts calling you underage, salty and then underage again

>>27372494
>>27372505
that somehow making them genwunners to you
>>
>>27372957
>where you sperg like a true underage
stating facts is sperging?
>>
>>27372896
>intellectual criticism
>all caps and memes
>calling others faggot
You've amazed me with your expertise and superior point of view. Enlighten me, oh great one.
>>
>>27372619
Heroes is a gen 2 movie.
>>
>>27373017
If it has a gen 3 Pokemon as the title Pokemon it's a gen 3 movie.
Same goes for the rest that do the same such as 2000, Zoroark and Genesect (technically)
>>
>>27372911
it is good and we can all agree that 2000 >>>1 >=< 3
>>
>>27373017
>alto mare is south from azalea town
>but features hoenn pokemon
i don't know who to trust here
>>
>>27364695
Lucario and the Mystery of Mew had some really cool environments at least. The stone tree was awesome.
>>
File: misshoney.gif (1MB, 245x172px)
misshoney.gif
1MB, 245x172px
>Mew in first movie original dub
>>
>>27373046
It's south but WAY south to the point that it's in another region.
>>
>>27372983
>EXCEPT LOL NOPE DID YOU KNO THAT POKEMON TIERS CAN CURE TURNEDTOSTONE-ITIS CUZ REASONS LMAO JUST LIKE HOW T BOLT CAN HIT RHYDONS HORN N U CAN GET A BADGE FOR MAKING AN EMO GOTH BEEYOTCH LAUGH!
This is most definitely sperging and you calling it an intellectual analysis is nothing short of hilarous. There are some valid point hidden under all the caps and buzzwords though.
>>
>>27373035
>>27373046
I classify it by what gen it is by the companions

If it has Misty and Brock- Gen 1 and 2

May and Max- Gen 3

Dawn- Gen 4

Cilan and Iris- Gen 5

Serena, Clemont and Bonnie- Gen 6
>>
>>27373005
>memes
Is everything a meme to you? Do you even know what the FUCK a meme is? And how does an alternative text format included with every electronic device made in the last 20 years invalidate my FACTS?

>>27373035
So the first movie is a gen 2 movie?
>>
>>27372957
This guy is hilarious. He keeps calling people out for being a sperg when he's literally typing in all caps and swearing everywhere, and then proceeds to ask them to be mature when he's not even following his advice. I can't tell if he's a troll, autistic, or a kid who hasn't hit puberty yet.
>>
File: z.png (169KB, 338x320px)
z.png
169KB, 338x320px
>>27373061
Region is in Johto.
>>
>>27373101
>bulbapedia.
>>
>>27373108
nice ad hom, \B\roseph.
>>
>>27373092
>So the first movie is a gen 2 movie?
Nah, the gen 2 Pokemon weren't the focus of the movie and were more like an easter egg of sorts.
>>
File: 1469371155488.png (24KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
1469371155488.png
24KB, 400x400px
>>27372952
>>27372957
>>27372983
>>27373005
>>27373063
>>27373092
>>27373095

(These aren't even all of the arguments on this thread, sadly.)

Jesus fucking christ can we just talk about the damn movies?

I for one, would not like to see another thread turn into another episode of Bad Girls Club.
>>
>>27373112
That's not even what ad hominem means.
If I went
>Fuck off retard
and didn't address your "source" at all then it would be an ad hom.

Instead it was directed solely at your "source" and how unreliable it has been and still is when it comes to trivia like that.
>>
>>27373035
That's odd.
Take the Lucario and Manaphy movies, in which Ash uses his AG clothes and pokémon, is traveling with his AG group, have noticeable AG animation opposed to DP animation, and most importantly aired during AG.
And they are gen IV movies just because the main pokémon is from gen IV despite everything else fitting right into AG?
>>
>>27373137
Then please do, but right now you're just adding to the shitposting like the rest of us.
>>
>>27373137
I kinda liked Pokemon 4ever since I viewed it as the precursor to Pokemon Colosseum. Dark Pokemon becoming powerful machines but losing control in the process? I'd be surprised if this wasn't the thing to inspire the gamecube games.
>>
>>27373035
Heroes is a Gen 2 movie with Gen 3 Legendaries.
>ash is still traveling with misty and brock
>has original clothing
>barely any type of Gen 3 pokemon shown except for Latias and Latios
>movie debut was July 13, 2002 while R/S/E were released at Japan in November 21, 2002
>>
>>27373112
Bulbapedo saying it's in Johto doesn't magically mean it IS in Johto, dumbass
>>
>>27373249
I miss when they would feature next gen Pokemon in the movies several years before it even came out. Munchlax was revealed when gen 3 was merely just a year old, and there was even rumors on how to get one in my school that were similar to the Marill rumors.
>>
I will always defend Kyurem vs. the Sacred Swordsman: Keldeo.
It wasa very good movie with well written story. The fact they tried to focus more on Pokemon instead of Ash was a good choice, and all battles were very well directed and spectacular.
And As Much I liked 5 movie now I simply cant watch it because Lat@s voices shatter my brain with constant EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE EEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
>>
File: blue tint.png (450KB, 629x478px) Image search: [Google]
blue tint.png
450KB, 629x478px
>they added blue tint to the dubbed movies
Why?
>>
>>27373476
Why does that old guy look like a Profess Layton character? He looks out of place compared to everyone else in the entire anime.
>>
>>27373456
They stopped doing that because spergs got annoyed at the games being advertised for several years before actually coming out.

Also, it's generally easier to sell your games when you don't announce the sequels before they're even out. DP got announced BEFORE Emerald.
>>
>>27373507
That's a shame. I loved getting an idea of what the next generation will be like before I got bored of the current one. Also would silence the people who try to come up with arguments for the end of Pokemon.
>>
>>27364644
They stopped trying to appeal to both adults and kids after the third movie. Also, lugia as a legendary couldn't be topped.
>>
>>27373545
>They stopped trying to appeal to both adults and kids after the seventh movie
>>
File: Sugimori_Lorenzo_anime.png (197KB, 600x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sugimori_Lorenzo_anime.png
197KB, 600x480px
>>27373495
Who actually knows?
>>
>>27364644
Second movie just had... a soul, I guess. Beautifully done all around.

I'll never forget Lugia's song too.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqpXrDuLqE0
>>
>>27373700
>Second movie just had... a soul
What soul?
The only good thing about it was the song aside from that it was a generic chosen one plot.
Literally.
>>
>>27373718
And provided contradictions for the series
>Oh no! He's caught one of the elemental birds and the fabric of nature is falling apart!
>Noland has Articuno with no problem whatsoever
???
>>
>>27364644
I liked the latios latias movie though...
>>
>>27373747
And for some reason it made Lugia a protector when it's thing was that it was so strong it could accidentally destroy cities with a flap.
>>
>>27364644
>God tier:
1st Movie, Heroes, Destiny Deoxys, Mystery of Mew

>Good tier:
Pokemon 4Ever, Jirachi Wishmaker, Darkrai

>eh tier
2000, Pokemon Ranger, Giratina

>no thanks tier
Anything not mentioned

>shit tier
Pokemon 3, Keldo, Genesect
>>
>>27373798
As a kid I liked the idea of it being the alpha of the three just like what Regigigas is, but with Ho-Oh's existence it doesn't really make much sense.
>>
I can't believe most of you are putting 1 over Entei... seriously, there's no better Pokemon Movie.
>>
>>27373818
Raise 3 to God.
Drop Mew to Eh.
2000 and Ranger to shit.
>>
>>27364644
>Darkrai, 3, and Deoxys were bad

These rose tinted goggles...holy shit man
>>
>people unironically liked pokemon 3
>people are unironically ok with YOU ARE MAMA
>>
>>27373818
>shit
>Pokemon 3
(You)
>>
>>27373818
>people like 3 unironically
Best list.
>>
>>27373911
you must be pretty damn dumb to not get a pokémon movie, but you somehow managed it
>>
>>27373911
>watching the dubs
>ever
Seriously though that line still had an impact because
1) it wasn't the real entei but one created through a child's dream
2) It was literally kidnapping Ash's mother.
>>
>>27373897
The 3rd movie is messed up when you watch it as an adult. Little girl is presumably turned into an orphan, her innocence isn't able to handle the grief so she adopts a legendary and somebody else's mother as her parents. Holy fucking shit.
>>
>>27373911
Fucking casual ass bitch GTFO to
>>>/r/eddit
with that shit opinion. Go and thrive alongside the other fags who don't understand the sheer depth of Pokemon 3, which is also referred to by fucking scholars as PokeKino.
>>
>>27373911

Oh, so we're using the dubs to discredit them? Alright then

>people unironically liked the first movie
>the moral is that pokemon fighting is bad (but only this specific pokemon fighting, not the good kind), until all of a sudden at the end Mewtwo starts talking about circumstances of birth not mattering out of nowhere
>>
>>27374081
/tv/ here
Can confirm.
Third movie is kino.
>>
>>27374093
>the moral is that pokemon fighting is bad
STOP
WATCHING
DUBS
YOU
FUCKING
FAGGOTS

THERE
IS
LITERALLY
NOTHING
ABOUT
FIGHTING
BEING
BAD
IN
THE
FIRST
MOVIE

I bet you didn't know Mew was trying to kill Mewtwo for being a pale imitation of real pokemon, either.
>>
>>27374135
>I bet you didn't know Mew was trying to kill Mewtwo for being a pale imitation of real pokemon, either.
Believing this meme
>>
>>27374135

Did you even bother to read the post, or did you just autistically jump on it without thinking?
>>
>>27374143
>shitposting
Go watch the film faggot.

>>27374148
Your post is incoherent if you're not talking about the dub. Mewtwo's talk was about giving a chance to everyone, not about everyone being equal.
>>
>>27374135
Anon, I think it's time to stop posting and taking a moment or two to calm down. Being this mad for an entire hour has to be bad for your blood pressure.
>>
>>27374016
But thats what made it good
>>
>>27374170
>Go watch the film faggot.
Do it yourself. And quote the bit where this line supposedly appears.
>>
File: Untitled.png (1MB, 1047x701px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
1MB, 1047x701px
>>27374200
He literally says Mewtwo and clones are inferior to real pokemon.
>>
>>27374292
>The real ones are real, you say?!
>>
>>27374292
>Mew was trying to kill Mewtwo for being a pale imitation of real pokemon
None of that is in those lines at all.
>>
>>27374292
You do realise that whole "mew wants to kill the clones for being fakes" is a result of an extremely bad translation right?
>>
>>27374394
It's not even that, it's just an ancient troll that kept getting parroted by people that pretended they had seen the original.
>>
>>27374347
Literally in the lines. Let me translate that for you:
>real pokemon are more valuable than fake clones and we will never lose to lesser copies

>>27374394
>mew wants to kill the clones for being fakes
I never said that. I said Mew was fighting Mewtwo to the death with his reasoning being that Mewtwo is a lesser rather than being a poor guy defending himself like in the dub.

>>27374440
>ancient troll
Except it wasn't. The only ancient meme from the first film is the fighting is wrong, which is true. Besides, I never said what that anon "quoted"
>>
>>27374497
>we will never lose
>you must die
Not exactly the same, anon
>>
>>27374524
>you must die
Who are you quoting?
I never said that. I was talking about Mew and Mewtwo. And I said the battle was to the death, which is obvious in both the sub and the dub for all the pokemon.
>>
>>27374497
>Besides, I never said what that anon "quoted"
Thing is he was using your own logic against you which was judging a movie by the lines used in the dub.

Then you got self defensive as fuck and brought in a line that didn't even happen.
>>
>>27374497
If fighting is wrong then how come nobody is doing anything about it in the anime? In fact, why is literally everyone using them to fight in one form or another?
>>
>>27374563
The only one I can think about that's genuinely concerned about this is N.
>>
>>27374292
>the real ones won't lose
is not the same as
>the clones must be eradicated
You're part of why there is still so much misinformation out there about the original Japanese version
>>
>>27374556
>he was using your own logic against you
He was creating a strawman, probably because he misunderstood me.

>>27374563
Because fighting isn't wrong, obviously.

>>27374601
>the clones must be eradicated
Again, who are you quoting? I never fucking said that. You're starting to get on my nerves.
>>
>>27374612
You said that Mew was trying to kill Mewtwo, which is your assumption, don't present it as fact.
>>
>>27374623
>Mew was trying to kill Mewtwo
It was a battle to the death. The whole point of Ash's sacrifice was to stop everyone before they kill each other.
>>
>>27374612
>He was creating a strawman, probably because he misunderstood me.
If anything you're the one who's at fault of strawmanning because you're singling out dub lines instead of focusing on the entire movie or the context of the line in question.
And then you went on to backpedal when it was used against you.
>>
>>27374652
Mew was trying to defeat Mewtwo, that's all that happened, the battle might have lasted to the death, but there it was never even remotely implied that Mew was set on killing Mewtwo. It was neither directly stated in the original nor the dub, and if you're point is that it is implied from the atmosphere then your whole point about Mew only trying to kill Mewtwo in the original and not in the dub is moot.
>>
>>27364750
>Pokemon 2000
>first movie
>>
>>27365614
>Entei is a cheater, Charizard won
Zardfag, I...
>>
>>27374682
>focusing on the entire movie or the context
You want context?
Dub is a film about a guy who got bullied into becoming evil and wanting to enslave and/or kill all intelligent life that is not him or of his creation. He bullied Mew who defended himself until Mewtwo sees reason. Eventually he was moved by a death of a kid into thinking fighting is wrong.

Sub is a film about a guy who lost everything "human" and got raised into believing into the Ubermensch idea, for which he decided to subjugate and/or kill everyone not of his own creation. He picked shit with Mew who retaliated back with equal ferocity. Eventually, death of a kid reminded him of Ai from his earliest days which laid in direct opposition with Nietzchean ideals he's been taught by Giovanni, leading him to trying a different path.

>>27374725
>they were fighting to the death
>doesn't mean they were trying to kill each other
Bravo anon
>>
>>27374093
In the dub's defense, it at least tried to explain the Pokemon tears bullshit. In Japan, it just sorta happened for no reason.
>>
>>27364706
>This
>>
>>27374892
>Bravo anon
Your whole point was that if you didn't watch the sub you wouldn't know that Mew was "trying to kill" Mewtwo, but what you're actually saying now is that they wouldn't know that Mew and Mewtwo both put their lives on the line, which is just completely wrong. Anyone seeing the dub would have figured that out.
>>
>>27364644
I like all the movies equally, save for the Victini and Manaphy ones. I had no idea what the fuck was supposed to be happening in said movies, even after reading a thorough synopsis on them. That's not to say I think the movies overall were the best things I've ever seen, though. The first and second ones might seem like the best of the bunch to you because they're the ones you might have the fondest memories of from your childhood. And hey, they're meant to be enjoyed by little kids, so it makes sense. You grew up.
>>
Mewtwo Strikes Back(JP) and Pokemon 3 were the the best movies. Lati@s movie was pretty good as well.
Thread posts: 257
Thread images: 18

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.