[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Pokemon 20th Anniversary Edition >3DS/2DS >Set 20

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: Kanto.png (3MB, 1598x1316px) Image search: [Google]
Kanto.png
3MB, 1598x1316px
>Pokemon 20th Anniversary Edition
>3DS/2DS
>Set 20 years after Gen I
>Big marketing campaign pandering to nostalgiafags, casuals, newcommers
>Set in Kanto but to appeal to the core fanbase/more than just genwunners and casuals you get access to all evolutions of the original 151 from later generations and a few Johto mons
>Professor is Red or heavily implied to be
>Your rival is actually a rival again
>Oak is a long retired octogenarian living comfortably under the care of Daisy and her family
>Gym leaders appropriately aged but some are retired and replaced with types from newer generations
>New generation of Team Rocket/new team heavily inspired by Team Rocket
>Actual plot, revolves around Mew or Mewtwo
>Blue is the final E4 member
>Champ is your rival
>Cinnabar is rebuilt after GSC
>Safari is reopened
>Sevii Island post game with a plot, actually have a few towns/cities, or if we're really talking fantasy they could have their own Pokemon league like the Orange Islands

Would this not have made Nintendo millions? It's a marketing wet dream. Seems like it'd sell more than a bang average looking new generation, especially if it could ride that Pokemon Go hype.
>>
I bet it would, but see anon the problem is that sounds like a while bunch of work.
>>
>>27356597
How the fuck is exploring Kanto for the fifth fucking time going to appeal to the core fanbase?

the pokemon brand markets itself. If nintendo announced Gen 8 was going to be a sega genesis exclusive they would push 300m units in a day
>>
If they ever do a Kanto sequel, it has include the Johto region. No excuse.
>>
>>27356597
But we're getting Sun and Moon this year anon....
>>
>>27356640
Thats what GSC is idiot
>>
>>27356597
>you get access to all evolutions of the original 151 from later generations and a few Johto mons

Do you mean that the newer Pokemon gens wouldn't be included? If so, this is fucking retarded. Why would anyone buy a new game with less content?
>>
>>27356629
It's Pokemon. We've always been playing the same regurgitated formula.

Frankly this sounds more interesting than yet another completely completely unmemorable region. Not even a weeb but Pokemon somehow got more bland by going the international route.
>>
>>27356660
So we can't have a sequel set years after those two?
>>
>>27356597
>Wanting to go back to Kanto again

Dropped.
>>
>>27356707
Whats the point?
>>
>>27356629
Considering Kanto is hollow soulless shell in in GSC/HGSS I'd call it the third time
>>
File: 1442725788940.jpg (11KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
1442725788940.jpg
11KB, 250x250px
>>27356701
>>27356701
>getting tired of the same regurgitated formula and bland areas
>better make a game with a region we've already used four times whose most notable landmarks are generic cave and a generic office building
>>
>>27356741
This. What OP is asking for is even worse than anything GF could come up with. Nobody wants to go back to this boring region except for Gen I normies, and even then they won't care because it isn't the original Red/Blue.
>>
>>27356671
He meant that you'll be able to get, say... Magnezone, Slowking, Steelix, Kingdra, Crobat and the like without needing the National Dex.

Unlike FRLG.
>>
>>27356597
No, GF decided not to do kanto remakes for the 20th annivesary but rather go into 7th gen so that means they're not gonna do them at least in a while.

We have RBY on VC and GO starts with 151 mons for now so those are nods to 1st gen and that more than enough
>>
>>27356671
How is that less content than usual? The original 151 + all of their evolutions from later generations + "a few Johto mons" easily makes up a national dex of over 200, which is roughly what every net dex is.
>>
>not wanting a game with every region in it for 20th
>>
>>27356862
>>not wanting a game with every region in it for 20th
>Wanting the only idea somehow worse than OP's
>>
>>27356862
>wanting a game with regions we've already explored instead of new content
>>
>>27356862
You also want it to have real time battles and for it to be a MMORPG avaiable on PS4 don't you?
>>
>>27356741
They'd obviously spruce the place up in 3D.

Mt.Moon would be massive and probably have areas you can't access until later.

They'd probably make a bigger deal out of Viridian Forest.

Saffron and possibly Celadon would be the same size and scope as White City and Lumiose City.

Buildings like Pewter City Museum would be turned into fairly grandiose landmarks.

They could basically do whatever the fuck they want with the Seviis.

Setting the same 20 years after the originals plus the artistic liberties allowed by transitioning the game to 3D would basically give GF a license to make an entire new region that just follows the Kanto we know as a roadmap/blue print for nostalgia.
>>
>>27356597
>>27356946
Doesn't seem like that terrible an idea. Keeping it fresh while also grounding it in something recognisable instead of the doing the completely wasteful thing and just remaking D/P even though Sinnoh is essentially perfect in Platinum.

Still prefer new regions.
>>
>>27356597
Sure, sure
And then you wake up with somebody elses thumb up your butthole.
>>
>>27356597
>>Professor is Red or heavily implied to be
Unless all he says is "..." than it is not Red nor heavily implied to be Red.
>>
>>27357161
I think 20 years is sufficient for Red to get over his autism as long as he left that cave after Gold beat his ass.
>>
I think an MMO is more likely now than it ever has been before.
Game Freak is listening to its fan base more and more every generation, especially with regard to connectivity and competitive play.
Plus we have all these regions that have been developed, so that an MMO is feasible.
However, I don't expect it too soon.
I think we'll get another gen after SM, since they seem to group in 4's, and then maybe they'll do something different.
Maybe an MMO for the 25th anniversary.
>>
>>27357266
MMOs aren't a particularly popular genre anymore (pretty much entirely replaced by MOBAs in terms of popularity and userbase) and the calls for a Pokemon MMO faded away years ago.
>>
>>27356597
>Professor is Red or heavily implied to be
In XY, an NPC mentions Blue being a university student now and having stayed in Kalos for some time. If anything, he would be the new Professor, following his grandfather's footsteps.
Red, if anything, would rather be the new Champion. Or he'd be travelling the world.
>>
>>27357077
Thumbs up or thumbs down though?
>>
>>27357266
Just add more semi-online features like they did in ORAS with the secret bases and the television shows.

If one of the people on your friend list is online and you are both on the same route/in the same city/cave/whatever, then they actually slow up in your game and vice-versa. You can fight double battles against some NPC trainers together that way, or interact with each other to trade/battle.

Super Secret Bases were also nice and provided some modest post-game challenge, they should make a return.
>>
>>27357461
I expect GF to release something along the lines of Pixelmon eventually.
Whether you want to call it an MMO or a MOBA or a MGFYS, idc.
>>
File: Sonnevar-Ansicht.png (627KB, 854x480px) Image search: [Google]
Sonnevar-Ansicht.png
627KB, 854x480px
>>27357555
/vp/'s Pixelmon servers were dank, I'd love something official in that vein (if it allows for as much freedom in building your world as Minecraft does).
>>
>>27356885
>>27356873
>implying old regions means old content.
Anons please, we get a remake every single gen, why wouldn't you want the 'ultimate' remake.
>>27356890
what's wrong with wanting a pokemon mmo? The rest of your statement is too pants on head retarded to dignify with a response outside of calling you pants on head retarded.
>>
>>27356629
Its going to have new locations.
>>
>>27356946
I think Viridian would be the same, since its supposed to be the same as Santalune Forest
>>
>>27357505
Which NPC said that? I believe you I've just never come across it.
>>
File: hmtpymN.jpg (73KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
hmtpymN.jpg
73KB, 500x500px
>>27358784
This is what he was referring to.
>>
>>27357803
>Anons please, we get a remake every single gen, why wouldn't you want the 'ultimate' remake
>we get a remake every single gen
No we don't. We get a remake every 5 years
>why wouldn't you want the 'ultimate' remake
You do realize how long that would take to make right? I woud rather have a completely new Pokemon game
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.