[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

For those of you who believe in the Chinese leaks, are you f

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 31
Thread images: 5

File: other_art_setteigarchomp01.jpg (58KB, 700x485px) Image search: [Google]
other_art_setteigarchomp01.jpg
58KB, 700x485px
For those of you who believe in the Chinese leaks, are you forgetting the circus theme?

In addition, while the drawings look very much like anime concept art style-wise, they''re not very good in terms of being a reference sheet. Concept art usually shows cross-sections and proportions to keep everything on-model. The Chinese leaks don't have much of that, if anything.

Check out this collection of Pokemon concept art for the anime to see what I mean. You'll see stuff used for the animators to keep everything on-model and consistent.

http://psartroom.weebly.com/pokemon-setteis.html

The lack of useful reference stuff is the biggest indicator that these are fake. They're incredibly well-made, but they're not doing it for me.
>>
File: 1468100340417.jpg (173KB, 470x1024px) Image search: [Google]
1468100340417.jpg
173KB, 470x1024px
The Chinese leaks for reference. (Somebody post a higher res please)

Most of it is just drawings from other angles. There isn't much useful information being presented here.
>>
Bump, just want to hear opinions
>>
>Implying there's a higher resolution of a fake leak

So it's 2016 and l'm led to believe there wasn't a more high-res version of this whatsoever.

RiĆ­iiight.
>>
Though I adore the 'leaked' designs, I doubt they are real.
The only thing going for them is that there was an announcement that they wanted the new pokemon to be more expressive and shit but idk. I think wasting our time trying to prove or disprove it is pointless.
>>
>>27351216
>muh circus theme

stopped reading there.
>>
>>27351216
I've never been to a circus with an owl act. You're dumb.
>>
>>27352967
they think owls the ring leader
>>
>>27351216
cant say there is a theme when we have only seen the first stage >>27351332 these could still be Classed under performers/entertainers if that was true

not like anyone knew the that gen 6 starters were gonna be RPG class themed
>>
>are you forgetting the circus theme?
There has never been any evidence that they shared a theme. People just assumed this was the case because XY did it.
>>
>>27351216
>>27351332
How do these not fit the circus theme?

>Rowlet evo has gone from being a knife thrower to a trick archer
>Professional wrestling as we know it originated in CARNIVALS
>Popplio evo is an elegant clown (think circ du solei)
>>
>>27351332
The starter evos came before the Chinese leak. The Chinese leak just "reconfirmed" them.
>>
>>27353230
The gen v starters have a circus/performer theme too!

>Samurott is a sword swallower
>Emboar is a circus strong man
>Serperior is based off of snake charmers

See, I can reach too.
>>
>>27353392
>snake as a snake charmer
i know your shit posting but at least his made what other anon said made sense
your just being retarded
>>
>>27351332
Fire fighting again?
>>
>>27351216
>are you forgetting the circus theme?
I don't believe the leaks, but the circus theme is nothing more than wishful thinking from "muh patterns" fags.
>>
>>27353230

You have to remember that Pokemon fans have no sense of creativity and think any evolution that isn't super predictable and straight forward is ridiculous. That's why most fan made evolutions and Fakemon evos are "just gets bigger" in design.
>>
>>27351216
you shouldn't have included the circus argument, everyone is ignoring your much stronger argument in favor of just picking at it.
>>
>>27351216
>For those of you who believe in the Chinese leaks, are you forgetting the circus theme?

and that's where I dropped the thread right there.
>>
>>27353582

Oh, the "concept art" argument, when concept art layout and design has always varied and assuming Poppmaid and friends are real, we still don't know the purpose for which these were drawn.
>>
>>27353582
My mistake. I'm really hoping the circus theme ends up being true but it's admittedly a weak theory.
>>
They match Sun and Moon concepts tho
>>
>>27354312
What concepts?
>>
>>27355076
From the Nintendo Direct video. The art style, even the exact "confidential" stamps shown on the concept art around the GF studio in the vid.
>>
>>27356581
Do you have a link? I can't find anything.
>>
>>27353230
thanks, I genuinely didn't see how Big!Litten was related to circuses before this post.
>>
>>27351216
ty op
>>
File: confidential.png (1MB, 1710x870px) Image search: [Google]
confidential.png
1MB, 1710x870px
>>27356699
This
>>
File: Noivern_concept_art.png (496KB, 978x692px) Image search: [Google]
Noivern_concept_art.png
496KB, 978x692px
>>27356788
Ah, I was looking for starter concept art.

We've seen the stamp before, though. I don't get why people are acting like the stamp confirms the leak. I could slap this on anything.
>>
>>27353376
Its also technically possible that the Chinese in3se leaks are real and the images are not. The concepts are simply simillar, but the actual designs are different.
>>
>>27353376
Sorry. I kinda lumped them together.
Thread posts: 31
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.