[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So why exactly is gamefreak afraid of stat overhauling and balancing,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 4

File: o1koDqy.gif (1000KB, 328x301px) Image search: [Google]
o1koDqy.gif
1000KB, 328x301px
So why exactly is gamefreak afraid of stat overhauling and balancing, as well as redesigning old pokemon?
>>
>>27351103
>stat overhauling and balancing
Not really necessary.

>as well as redesigning old pokemon?
Why the fuck would they ever do this?
>>
>>27351103
backwards compatibility
>>
>>27351125
>Not really necessary.
It's been necessary since Gen 5.

>Why the fuck would they ever do this?
Because smart people do that.
>>
>>27351103
After what happened in Gen 4 they're afraid of triggering the autism police again. That's why they haven't touched old Pokémon outside of worthlessly trivial buffs, abilities that didn't interfere with their old ones, and completely temporary and optional forms.
>>
>>27351125
Old pokemon look out of place next to newer pokemon. They need more details.

Many pokemon are useless in the competitive scene.
>>
>>27351103
People would bitch and moan.
>>
>>27351136
There are many easy workarounds regarding this.
>>
>>27351103
>stat rebalancing
Good idea. I liked that they boosted some shitmons in Gen VI

>redesign
Holy hell no. You're fucktarded. Pokémon are iconic. You can't change their designs. Just make new ones.
>>
>>27351249
You know how some new high quality gundam models have paneling and additional details so it doesn't look out of place next to a gundam 00 or whatever the fuck newer gundam?

Old pokemon are in dire need of that.
>>
>>27351265
>what is megaw
>>
File: HowHorrifying.jpg (84KB, 253x253px) Image search: [Google]
HowHorrifying.jpg
84KB, 253x253px
>all these fags afraid of change
You'd change your minds if Palkia, Kyurme, Mega Sharpedo, and Mega Aerodactyl were redesigned.
>>
>>27351280
Not the base design.
>>
>>27351183
>Old pokemon look out of place next to newer pokemon. They need more details.

>What is generational art styles

On top of that changing something "to fit in" is a terrible idea. Can you imagine the backlash of trying to change something like Bulbasaur because it's simpler back then?

>Many pokemon are useless in the competitive scene

This I can agree with. Gamefreak need to update or buff older pokemon.
>>
>>27351103
>change designs
Pokemon is doing WAY too good still to need a reboot.

>rebalance stats
This would be good.
>>
>>27351103
I agree with the people who have said that you really can't just redesign Pokemon, but I agree that we should have rebalanced stats. They did it in Gen 6 so I hope they do it in Gen 7 even more so.
>>
Some of yall about to hate SM.

Change is coming yall. Change is coming.
>>
>>27351284
It is change for the sake of change.
It's better that each generation looks distinct. Stop being retarded.
And Palkia and Kyurem are fine, megas are just formes.
>>
>>27351559
t. I took designing 101 LOL
>>
>>27351589
Nice shitpost.
This is the last (You) you'll get from me.
>>
>>27351603
t. I'll take the holier-than-thou approach that'll mean I'm right LOL
>>
>>27351103

Not important and dumb idea.
>>
>>27351656
>I haven't played anything outside of Pokemon and I started with Gen 5
>>
File: 234354758768.gif (483KB, 500x375px) Image search: [Google]
234354758768.gif
483KB, 500x375px
>>27351103
With Ohmori as director it might happen, problem is ORAS was really shitty lets face it while sun and moon are looking great.

Maybe because masuda was forcing himself too much?

Or maybe too little and Ohmori's a retard?

The series does needs change, not so much that it completely changes the game but mainly needs some shaking up and really, really needs to reconsider what truly are the basis of pokemon.

Lately all we've been getting is the same stuff with a few pokemon and they insist on removing good, loved features from the past game, 2 steps forward but one back on every game.
>>
File: 1442861059279.png (89KB, 389x410px) Image search: [Google]
1442861059279.png
89KB, 389x410px
>>27351103
>>
>>27351183
>>27351348
>Many pokemon are useless in the competitive scene.

Can you give me some examples? I'm not arguing against the point, just genuinely curious what pokemon don't fit in to even a single role in competitive. I know there's brackets for shitmon, so I guess that means they'd fit there competitively, but what are so dogshit that they don't even work in that?
>>
>>27352210
Meganium is the perfect example of a pokemon with no niche. It does nothing better than any other pokemon
>>
>>27351103
No redesigns are needed. Looking outdated isn't a big deal, I think all of the earlier generations have quite a distinct look for their gen. It'd be a bit silly to change the designs of the first gen in particular given how iconic almost all of them are, it keeps the nostalgic appeal that the game benefits from.
>>
>>27351174
>evolution isn't optional

Holy fuck, why did people get butthurt over the cross-gen evos from Gen 4 again?
>>
>>27352210
Ledian I can think of, heck the entire Regi trio are absolute garbage
>>27352225
the entire Gen2 and Gen 5 starters are way to underpowered, maybe only Ferligatr escapes this fate but not by much
>>
>>27352385
Something something "it doesn't follow their evolutionary theme!" Something something "too detailed!"

Nostalgics just getting bitter over their favorite Pokemon receiving a... gasp, CHANGE.
>>
>>27352210
Ledian, Luvdisc, Delcatty, Dustox, Aurorus (FIX THE ICE TYPE REEEEEEEE) to name a few
>>
>>27352849
You forgot Serperior.
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.