[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>knight theme wasted on unova, based in new york, instead

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 29
Thread images: 2

File: plasma.png (72KB, 343x366px) Image search: [Google]
plasma.png
72KB, 343x366px
>knight theme wasted on unova, based in new york, instead of kalos based in france
>silly evil team that tries to be PETA and luddites at once
>shitty, shoehorned designs like sages, ghetsis, the castle, etc.
>probably some stoned chink's idea of medieval europe
>pokemon reborn tier

Why did they do this?
>>
Because France is boring and XY just shows that in a Pokémon lens.
>>
File: seven sages.png (15KB, 301x180px) Image search: [Google]
seven sages.png
15KB, 301x180px
>>27350230
Is there something I'm missing because this entire storyline was as shallow as a puddle even though it tried to be the opposite.
>>
You gotta admit though team plasma has the dankest battle themes
>dat grunt battle theme
>dat final N battle theme
>dat bw2 grunt battle theme
>dat colress theme
>dat ghetsis theme
>>
>Luddites

You're joking right? They fucking rebuilt a prehistoric giant bug with modern military technology.

They just dress like knights.

I do agree that on a pure aesthetic level, it seems like Team Plasma and Team Flare were swapped.
>Dudes in business suits obsessed with superiority and money
>Not the bad guys in NYC
>>
>>27350701
Not to mention that the Musketeers were all in Unova for whatever reason.
>>
>>27350743
It's fucking weird.
>Dream World is in Gen 5
>The Dream Duo is in Gen 4
And as you said.
>Kalos is based on France in Gen 6
>Musketeers were Gen 5 mons
>>
>>27350230
>complaining about the knight theme

Holy shit you inbred, they dress like knights because a) they're like the army of a monarch and b) they're crusading for pokemon liberation, like crusaders
>>
>>27350230
Are you really so upset with XY that you have to bash games that did nothing wrong?
>>
>>27351097
>monarch
>no one is afraid of N or Ghetsis' apparent power as monarchs
>in a world that apparently has democratic elections (there's a Mayor of Opelucid City)

It's fucking dumb.
>>
>>27351226
Sorry, I didn't realize that there could be only one type of Government in pokemon. I also didn't realize it's impossible for there to be elections and a monarch existing in the same type.
>>
So why are they called team PLASMA???
>>
>>27350230
Plasma>>>>>>>>>Flare

only Galactic was worse
>>
>>27351257
I'm still confused whether or not you were supposed to take Team Plasma's little takeover seriously. They just fucking play renaissance fair for no fucking reason.
>>
>>27350651
Best themes and Ghetsis and Colress were some of the best battles too. N wasn't bad either.
>>
>>27351226
>Implying any government would have recognised it the legitimate head of a monarch
>implying that the monarch would hold any diplomatic power
>implying a monarch and a democracy couldn't co-exist
>what is England
>what is Australia
>what is Canada
>what is Netherlands
>what is Belgium
>what is Norway
>what is Denmark

wew lad
>>
I disliked Plasma cause the grunts didn't even seem to share the same viewpoints as their leaders. They seem to just be regular crooks and even beat pokemon given the opportunity. It's made worse by the fact that unlike groups like Aqua. Magma and Galactic, there doesn't seem to be any real hierarchy to the team. You got generic grunts, then you got N and Ghetsis. That's it.
I didn't even notice the 'illuminati' connections until someone told me about them long after I beat the game.
>>
>>27351336
>using Europe's vestigial "monarchies" as examples

delete your account
>>
>>27351297
How come the one team that spouts 2deep4u messages about truth and ideals is the one you feel is non threatening? What about the team that wants to remake the universe in their bosses image? What about the team that wants to get rid of land so pokemon can thrive without human interaction?

How is Plasma more ridiculous than any other team?
>>
>>27351272
This tbqh
>>
>>27351381
>cause the grunts didn't even seem to share the same viewpoints as their leaders.
Did you stop reading whenever one spoke? You'd be hard pressed to find one single textbox that so much as implies they don't care about the cause.
>>
>>27351424
I think N was the only one who even talked about the truth and ideals shit.
>>
>>27351452
Most of them seem more concerned about the strength of their Pokemon and taking you down. Very few of them share any of their own thoughts on the matter. A lot of them seem to just get a thrill out of stealing other's pokemon, not actually liberating them.
>>
They were knights?
Wow. I thought they were wearing weird raincoats or some shit.
>>
>>27351424
I'm saying they have a schizophrenic design, like it was put together by a table of people who couldn't agree on what to do so they just did everything possible.

>ideals versus truth?
>knights are cool
>let's make this Kaworu expy the main guy
>no, let's make it this guy who is the devil
>or all of these guys and name them after colors
>we won't collaborate on anything after this so the art and concept will make little sense
>kings and knights and shit, yo

Not really that deep, it just appears so.
>>
>>27351511
I figured Team Plasma went with the knight aesthetic because they wholly believed liberating Pokemon was a noble cause.
>>
>>27351482
Some of them were like that but others were totally into liberating them and following N. It's why Plasma split into 2 when Black 2 and White 2 came along.
>>
>>27351571
Look this is just another case of someone going "NUH UH IT'S SHIT"
>>
>>27350230

Because, Game Freak knows best.
Thread posts: 29
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.