[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>haven't played a pokemon handheld since black >not

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 1

File: 1468879016876.gif (1016KB, 500x500px) Image search: [Google]
1468879016876.gif
1016KB, 500x500px
>haven't played a pokemon handheld since black
>not up to date on which or what handheld i need in order to play
yeah i know i'm a faggot for not knowing what i need but i told myself i was going to buy the newest ones with the newest handheld that came out. I want to learn the new pokemon well only because i enjoyed everything previous to that. i know the newest ones just recently came out and i'm pretty bad about keeping up on that sort of thing and i was wondering if you guys could fill me in on what i should be expecting. is it worth picking them up anymore? should i be ready for a pleasant surprise? i'm not the typical fan that dislikes "the keys" or the one that looks like a sword. everything has a lore and a reason for it which is why i want to give it another go. thanks in advance /vp/
>>
>>27346336
>BW was 6 years ago
>XY was 3 years ago

It's not like you haven't played a recent game. Play XY and fuck around with a team of all megas. You'll only have as much fun as you allow yourself to.
>>
>>27346336
3DS is the console needed for anything post Black 2/White 2.

XY and ORAS are alright, with ORAS being the better of the two. A weak generation as far as the games themselves, but /vp/ likes to give it more shit than it deserves, and I like the new Pokemon and region a lot, so if you've enjoyed Pokemon previously then you (probably) won't regret the purchase since you'll know exactly what you'll be getting. That said, S&M come out on the same console and are less than half a year away, so if you're in no rush to pick up a new Pokemon game then you might as well wait for those to come out since even if the game sucks at least you'll have the most recent addition to the franchise.

Also, grab Black2/White2 to tide you over until then. Stellar games, among the best in the franchise. Definitely a personal favourite.
>>
>>27346336
What the fuck lmao you missed one generation
This is like being a metal gear fan who played MGS2 and then coming back before MGS4 came out and going "WHAT DO I PLAY?????"
>>
I haven't played since gen 3 and have no plan of trying any other newer gens.
>Why?
because the designs just became more and more stupider to my eyes and it looked like most newly created pokemons were a desperate attempt to create a new pokemon. take an example to look at the non evolving or single evolving pokemons... they messed those up pretty badly by adding most of them
>>
>>27346452
i played the red, blue, yellow, gold, silver, emerald, then straight to black and that was it. beats me. it was kind of a hit and miss sort of thing.
>>
>>27346477
Nobody cares about your opinion, anon, so take your (you) and leave.
>>
>>27346377
i feel that. i'm sure i can find those at a cheaper price.
>>27346417
>S&M come out on the same console and are less than half a year away
so the newer ones aren't out yet? i thought a seen a few threads saying the new ones were out already? i'll probably pick black2/white2 up then. Thanks anon.
>>
>>27346499
it hurts because it's true
>>
>>27346540
Alternatively, Pokemon Platinum and Heart Gold/Soul Silver are quite well received, so they might be worth purchasing instead if you prefer the look of them (or as well if you're looking to splash). B2/W2 would be a personal recommendation though, especially since you've already played the first one and I really enjoyed revisiting Unova a few years after the events of the first game.

And no, S&M aren't out yet. They come out mid/late November depending on where you are in the world.
>>
>>27346595
thanks a lot anon. and everyone says /vp/ never helps.
>>
>>27346417
I agree with everything in this post
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.