[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

I always liked Scizor's design, but I've never warmed

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 18
Thread images: 1

File: scythzor.png (158KB, 831x396px) Image search: [Google]
scythzor.png
158KB, 831x396px
I always liked Scizor's design, but I've never warmed up to it as an evolution to Scyther. It just doesn't work.

>goes from green to bright red
>goes from lizard mantis to fire ant
>trades scythe arms for crab claws
>goes from 3 toes to 1
>wings completely change shape

I can't be the only one this has always bothered?
>>
It puts on a coat and becomes metal. What doesn't work for you?
>>
>>27345171
So a metal coat makes it become a completely different insect, go from green to bright red, and entirely change anatomy?
>>
>>27345186
Dude, pokemon change when they evolve. Don't get your OCD in a twist.
>>
>>27345151
It's a game. Calm your fucking tits.
>>
>>27345151
Yeah, it's bothered me too. It's not even a thematic constant like Remoraid to Octillery. It just becomes a completely different animal with a different theme and color scheme, and doesn't even change BST. Makes me think that Scizor was intended to be a totally different mon, and a counterpart to Heracross (like Scyther was to Pinsir), but they changed it because they wanted the new Steel type to seem more rare.
>>
>>27345304
What if they originally planned to somehow tie Scyther and Scizor together with a baby, and tie Pinsir with Heracross the same way? Like they had with Tyrogue.
>>
>>27345329
I'm not certain about that, but it could have been a possibility.
>>
>>27345408
I could see it happening just because the pushed babies so hard. But it does seem like a last minute decision.

But if they really needed another Metal Coat evolution... why not Heracross evolve from Pinsir? It'd be a little weird, but at least they're both beetles, and at least Heracross looks a LITTLE more metal plated than Scizor.
>>
All I know is that Scizor should've been separate or Heracross should have been an evolution for Pinsir like Scizor was for Scyther. Gotta treat the Scyther/Pinsir duo the same.
>>
>>27345151
>pinsir is still left with only a mega evolution
why
>>
I'm ok with it being very different because it's not a natural evolution. It's an item induced transformation. Specifically one that totally changes its typing by in my head the metal coat giving it an all new metal exoskeleton.
>>
>>27345151
The legs are almost exactly the same, except it trades three-toed feet for slimmer single-toe claws.
The scythes fold over and become pincers from the weight of the metal. The head shape stays the same more or less. The design is fairly logical, honestly.

Also if you look at Scizor's attack animations, it never fully adjusted to the shift in its arms. It swings the pincers like they're blades.
>>
>>27345583
I guess that kind of makes sense, but... I dunno. It still bugs me. It doesn't feel like it was intended to be a Scyther evo originally. I mean Steelix looks literally like a metal Onix. Why wouldn't Scizor look at least a LITTLE closer? Why the RED color, of all things?
>>
>>27345151
Scizor was a prototype form change before form changes were a thing.
>>
>>27345171
>>27345205
What is up with the massive amount of tripfags lately?

I don't remember Summer usually being this cancerous
>>
>>27345151
I think the introduction of steel type and his non typical method of evolution make it okay. It' not like je hits level 32 and just evolves or something..
>>
scizor is abit like porygon in that its a very man made pokemon, like an experiment or something.
im still hoping for a natural evolution line.
Thread posts: 18
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.