[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How much sense does this theory make? Litten will have a volcano

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 58
Thread images: 3

File: Litten.jpg (31KB, 686x501px) Image search: [Google]
Litten.jpg
31KB, 686x501px
How much sense does this theory make?

Litten will have a volcano theme. That is also why he has red spikes on his when attacking.

The reason why Litten is calm and doesn't show it's emotions, is because it represents an inactive volcano.He will start representing an active volcano more with each evolution.
>>
it's its not it's.
>>
>>27343347
That would be better then it becoming a wrestler.
>>
>>27343347
I'd be moderately ok with a volcanic beast. If it's going to be Fire/Rock, oh well.
>>
>>27343450
it's than not then
>>
>>27343347
Your theory sounds pretty solid. It matches up with the type leaks from the website.

I buy it.
>>
>>27343372
typos happen
>>
>>27343372
Don't be a faggot
>>
>>27343485
What type leaks?
>>
>>27343466
>Fire/Rock
If it is volcano-based, it won't be. The closest we have to straight up volcano Pokémon are Typhlosion and Camerupt. Magcargo is just a magma snail.
I certainly wouldn't mind a Fire/Ground starter.
>>
>>27343526
there was an image for the ground type along with the grass, flying, fire and water types in the code of the page where they showed the starters.
>>
>>27343526
Jap site got data-mined, icons for Ground (connected to Litten) and Fighting (connected to Popplio) were found.
>>27343485
The type leaks were debunked when Popplio learned Disarming Voice in gameplay. This means it can't become Water/Fighting.
>>
>>27343347
It's Japanese name nyabby is a combination of cat and volcano
>>
>>27343573
>connected to Litten
Proof?
The only thing that was shown was the order, which was
>Grass
>Flying
>Ground
>Fire
>Water
>Fighting
>>
>>27343559
Has someone screencapped it, cause that's pretty interesting
>>
>>27343595
I only heard that from other people. But it's confirned fake so it doesn't even matter.
>>
>>27343485
Just because they're there doesn't mean Litten will become Fire/Ground.

The last two volcano-themed pokemon we got, Thyplosion and Camerupt, are pure Fire type.
>>
>>27343627
Camerupt is fire/ground dumbass.
>>
>>27343627
>Camerupt
>Pure fire
>>
File: CgyCJ4tU8AEq_u4.jpg large.jpg (92KB, 800x800px) Image search: [Google]
CgyCJ4tU8AEq_u4.jpg large.jpg
92KB, 800x800px
>>27343347
You don't understand OP, it's ALCHEMY. Look at that sulfur symbol on its face.
>>
>>27343621

The leak itself is not fake, but rather the conclusion of thinking they're actually linked to the starters when as it turns out, we just don't fucking know. They just so happened to be typing icons that were properly numbered as 01, 02, 03, 04, 05, 06.

01 and 02, 04 and 05 just so happened to be already used by Rowlett (Grass/Flying), Litten (Fire) and Popplio (Water). The rest were left unused (Ground, which is 03, which is after Flying who is 02 and Fighting, which is 06, which is right after Water, which was numbered 05). Whether for something regarding final evolutions, I don't fucking know.

The thing is, at the time, I never got to witness that slip up, because by the time I found out about it (which was through Youtube), the website was already re-designed (?) and they put the whole typing icons set to side and merely use text now.

Maybe they didn't mean anything, but when you think about it, was the website redesign that necessary at that time? To change the site in such way and completely disregard those icons, it's obvious to assume they wanted to get rid of the whole thing in order for fans not to jump into any wild conclusions.

But, had they stayed completely put and never changed the website despite the wild claims, that would actually make them look as if they didn't feel any worry about it simply because it just wasn't true. So, it would actually have been easier for them to not change the site and just update it as time went by and people would just go "Well, they haven't done anything about it, so it probably means nothing" and would have been disregarded.

At these times just before a release, people are just trying their best at getting to the bottom of it all, even if it means to throw in the wildest theories and conclusions.
>>
>>27345133
The reason ppl believed the icons were related to the starters was because they were the only pkmn from the alola region on the site. They even added more type icons as they revealed new pokemon like the legendaries(icon07psychic,icon08ghost and icon09steel). I for one believe those first 6 icons are related to the starters. Keep in mind, icon03 and icon06 were actually hidden within the source code of the page (meaning ppl werent supposed to know those even existed and then they took em all down). I whole heartedly dont understand why any of this isnt being properly discussed here on /vp/ instead of some chinese inconsistent rumors...
>>
>>27347163
There's honestly not much to discuss until we see the mid evos.
Plus the "leaks" like that generate shitposting which means more threads about it.
>>
>>27343347
Nice theory anon! This proves the type icons on the webpage being actually relevant and disproving the chink leaks in the way that the litten final evo doesnt have any traits of flame spikes in its body. Well done anon! Heres your (You)
>>
>>27347207
But so does the chinese leaks. And its even worse for the chink leaks given the fact that they are only rumors without any legit source unlike the icon leaks which have the official pokemon page as source... Ppl here on /vp/ just wanna believe anything that goes with their preferences...
>>
>>27343573
Why would learning disarming voice mean it can't be fighting?

If anything it would add more to the theory since when you fight someone you want to disarm them if they have a weapon.
>>
>>27347263
That and the obvious fact that its a fucking seal and seals bark.
>inb4 mega chesnaught grass/rock cuz it learns rollout via level up
>jfc
>>
>>27343347
>he
>>
>>27347251
>But so does the chinese leaks.
I was speaking of the Chinese rumours when I mentioned shitposting. The actual leaks don't generate NEARLY as much as those.
>>
>>27347263
It just seems unlikely that a Fighting type would have natural access to a Fairy type move. Plus, almost all Pokemon who learn Disarming Voice are either Fairy or Psychic. None are Fighting. But this trend could change.
>>
>>27347366
Yeah I feel like they're trying to broaden distribution of type combos and moves in this one but we'll see in a couple months
>>
>>27347366
Kirlia learns Disarming Voice, yeah? And if you keep that in its moveset, and you just so happen to have a Dawn Stone and your Kirlia is male....you do the math.
>>
Honestly seems way more like a cannon or firecracker to me. It arches it back when firing hairballs, just like in cartoons when a cannon fires and turns to rubber for no reason.
>>
>>27351267
Instead of a cannon turning to rubber, it could also just be the cartoon cat thing where it's hair stands up straight when it's agitated.
>>
>>27347366

To be fair, a whole lot of the starters had access to actual moves which some of their types are completely opposite to their actual types.

>Torchic
>Learns Fire type and Flying type moves (makes sense, it is a bird/little chicken)

>Ends up Fighting type, which is the polar opposite

What's exactly stopping Popplio from having Disarming Voice and the Fighting type at the same time? We're just assuming that just because Disarming Voice is Fairy, that automatically makes Popplio a Fairy type.
>>
>>27352207
I think people are not understanding the Disarming Voice trend well. The Pokemon that learn it by level up are all cute or feminine in a way. It could mean that he is a fairy, but it's more of an indication that Popplio's evos are going to be cute/feminine .
>>
>>27352259

This.
>>
>>27352259

It's funny how, if it weren't for the Fairy type being introduced, a move like this might as well have been a Normal type, given that a majority of Normal type attacks were subsequently changed to Fairy, like Charm.
>>
>>27343347
OR or, it's a cat?
>>
>>27352406
So just because it's a cat, it can have no other theme tied to it? That's unlikely.
>>
>>27343595
Holy shit isn't that the same typing combos as in pokemon sage?!
>>
>>27352259
>the Disarming Voice trend well
There is no trend, it's been a single generation since it and fairy were introduced.
>>
>>27352498
You say that, but the move's description and the Pokemon that learn it seem to suggest otherwise.

It's not hard proof, but there is definitely a correlation. Denying this would be dumb.
>>
>>27352639
A correlation that has existed for only one generation is not guaranteed to last.
>>
File: aid3591017-700px.jpg (31KB, 700x467px) Image search: [Google]
aid3591017-700px.jpg
31KB, 700x467px
>>27343595
>Rowlet evolves into Grass/Ground
>Litten stays pure fire
>Popplio becomes Water/Fighting
>>
>>27343347
I said that before. That's why I think the "fake" Lucha cat we get is real - it's spitting fire from its belt like volcano.
>>
>>27347263
This
Even the moves showed for gen 6 starters were indicative of their theme rather than type,e.g froakie learning lick with its final stage having a huge ass tongue, chespin learning rollout with its final stage having a big shell it could retreat into and use to steamroll foes. What if Popplio ends up being a special fighting type that rather than playing the aura theme (like lucario) learn new speacial fighting moves based on sound (think battle screams ecc)
>>
>>27352639
>but the move's description and the Pokemon that learn it seem to suggest otherwise.
It has literally been a single generation.
This is not evidence for anything.
>>
>>27354299
So it starts with popplio attacking with a cute voice attacks being a pupper (disarming voice) and it ends up as a big sea lion with a devastatin voice (boomburst, hypervoice, possible new fighting special moves based on sound, maybe its signature move itself)
>>
>>27343347
This isn't a bad theory at all. The seemingly more popular bomb idea isn't much of a stretch, either. I'd say either one is probable.
>>
>>27354085
>>27354308

I meant there was a trend of pokemon in gen 6 that learned it, which is also supported by the move description.

I mean if that trend doesn't exist, more Pokemon should logically have that move available to them.

I agree that it isn't evidence that it's going to be like that in gen 7, but based on the information we have now, it's not a stretch by any means to assume it will be given to cute/feminine pokemon in the following gens too.

I don't see the issue with speculating based on the current information we've been given.
>>
>>27343627
>camerupt
>pure fire
Did you even play the game?
>>
Gamefreak is already on a rampage of introducing crazy new things this upcoming generation--a Fighting type Pokemon capable of learning a Fairy move in its learnset is not out of the realm of possibilities.

inb4 "Sound type confirmed" speculators
>>
>>27354214
C'mon anon dont be an orderfag...
The ground icon is clearly meant for litten
>inb4 b-but muh burrowing owlzz
>rowlet is based on a barn owl
>>
>>27343347
you're either stupid, a child, or have autism, if you think this even constitutes a "theory," let alone worth posting.
>>
>>27355175
I think you're the one with autism if you get upset over someone using the term "theory" loosely to refer to their speculation.
>>
>>27343347

>that's also why he has red spikes

No that's not why

Litten's body is oily, as in Gasoline, so when it attacks, it's fur blasts

It's more like an explosion
>>
>>27354299

We need more special attacking fighting types, I would be down for that
Thread posts: 58
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.