[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it worth getting one of these or should I just wait for Sun

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 5

File: cross and slingshot.png (126KB, 770x620px) Image search: [Google]
cross and slingshot.png
126KB, 770x620px
Is it worth getting one of these or should I just wait for Sun Moon? I've heard mixed things about them but wasn't sure if they were still worth a try. Also which one is better, X or Y?
>>
>>27343048
They're worth at least one playthough I'd say
>>
Hands down my favourite generation. A must play, I prefer Y
>>
>>27343048
worst main games, not worth the play through
>>
File: 1469388377361.jpg (46KB, 960x362px) Image search: [Google]
1469388377361.jpg
46KB, 960x362px
>>27343270
>>
File: 1462487619719.jpg (506KB, 1000x1355px) Image search: [Google]
1462487619719.jpg
506KB, 1000x1355px
>>27343048
If you ITCH to play pokemon, get ORAS, if you already have it and you just want a new experience.

Get Platinum, HeartGold/Soulsilver, Black2, or Kid Icarus

I'm serious
>>
>>27343048
Still haven't finished X after picking it up on release. I barely like any of the Kalos Pokemon, and the gang of friends and pathetic rival makes the pacing move at a snails pace at the beginning. Not to mention Team Flare is the most phoned-in and shallow antagonists of the main series.

Including my current playthrough, I've reached Victory Road twice and reset four other times to have fun with X trying to make a Kalos only team like I do with every other Gen, but I just don't like enough of them and there's fewer new ones to choose from than any other Gen on top of it.

I'd recommend just playing another mainline game to wait for Sun and Moon. RBY, GSC, Emerald, FRLG, Platinum, B/W, B2/W2, and even ORAS if you want the nostalgia and Phys/Spec split Hoenn despite their flaws.
>>
>>27343358
>the last one
Mah nigga
>>
>>27343391
*Somehow left off HG/SS as a better alternative to XY

Also some spinoffs you haven't tried would be a good idea if you're worried about getting burned out on the mainline formula before SuMo.
>>
No, they're quite terrible. It's just hard to put it into words which is why they come off as acceptable here.

Like, yeah Pokémon was always easy and held your hand, yeah the story was always bad, but never to this degree. I don't remember being assaulted by a cavalcade of helpers/allies/guides every time I enter a new area who force me to go exactly where I'm supposed to, and """"rivals"""" who heal your Pokémon more than they fight them.
>>
>>27343358
>implying I didn't already do as many stages on 9.0 as possible before my joypad broke off
>>
>>27343323
Welcome to /vp/, where having a non-contrarian-hipster opinion triggers people.
>>
>>27343048

>tfw X is literally my first Pokemon game and I'm currently in the early-middle of it
>>
>>27343550

Well yeah, it's a GREAT first experience, also the Kanto games are. But if you ever go back to playing gens 4 and 5, you'll likely get why people call Kalos dull (Even if they don't have wifi compatibilities anymore)
>>
>>27343638
Eh maybe I'll just play gen V again is Kalos is going to be dull
>>
>>27343048
They're alright. Not a lot of post game (i.e. none), but if you're a collector or shiny hunter, it's worth picking up.

>Also which one is better, X or Y?
X, hands down. Besides Yveltal and Dragalge, anything exclusive to Y can be found in the friend safari.
>>
>>27343048
Don't let /vp/ fool you
Gen 6 wasnt the best ever but it was nowhere near as bad as Gen 5
It's worth playing, trust me (especially if you havent played anything since the shishow that was Gen 5)
>>
I found the game kind of underwhelming when I played it at launch. The only thing that kept me going was that it was the first time since gen 2 that I had other people to play it with in person, plus the online community was huge at launch.
>>
File: 1413592328467.png (604KB, 690x729px) Image search: [Google]
1413592328467.png
604KB, 690x729px
Shit, I just picked up X and Heracross and Manectric are two of my favorites.
>>
>>27345060
Gen 5 is the best Generation since Gen 3, Pokemon has this every other generation rule. Gen 1 was good, Gen 3 was awesome, Gen 5 was great.
>>
>>27345162
Use the GTS system or Wonder Trade then.
>>
File: 1444243671404.png (330KB, 330x319px) Image search: [Google]
1444243671404.png
330KB, 330x319px
>>27345169
>Gen 5 is the best Generation since Gen 3
>>
>>27345196
It was by far better than Gen 4.

Gen 6 is like Gen 4, underwhelming and bland. It even resorted to using a nostalgia game as a crutch to try to redeem itself like Gen 4.

While not as innovative as Gen 3, Gen 5 still had a lot going for it, especially the sequels.

Gen 3 took Gen 1 and 2 and stepped up the game. It had a beautiful new region, added new mechanics, and refined the core.

Gen 1 was great because it's what launched the series, though I'd say Gen 2 was better I kind of lump them together because the core gameplay barely changed between them and Gen 2 felt more like an expansion to Gen 1, kind of like Black2/White2.
>>
>>27345162
>>27344743
>Besides Yveltal and Dragalge, anything exclusive to Y can be found in the friend safari.
>>
Just wait, anon. These were the worst games on the main series.
>>
I havent played a pokemon game since gold.

Whats the difference between X and Y and should i get them? Currently ordering a Nintendo 3DS and wanna throw in a pokemon game in it.
>>
>>27345282
>introduction one of the most game changing elements in the series since it's inception
>underwhelming and bland
>lol new graphics and pogeyman!! 2 pokemon at the same time in battle lmao
>immense step up
>>
>>27345604
Megas were not underwhelming and bland, but they're taking the game in the wrong direction, most of them are ugly looking and only a few of them are legitimately good enough to be worth the now coveted single mega slot, so the game is even more centralized.

Metagame centralization has been a major problem in the series from the start (in fact without species clause, in gen 1 a team of 6 chanseys was one of the best teams you could make which is why species clause has been a thing ever since) but if you look at VGC teams across the years gen 6 has about as much diversity as gen 1 did, and gen 1 had 600 less pokemon available. All of the progress they made on unfucking balance in this game was pretty much destroyed by megas.
>>
>>27345813
i was referring to the physical special split anon. i was defending gen 4 not 6....
>>
>>27345834
Yeah I thought gen 4 was more of a game changer with regards to battles since physical/special split mixed up a lot of Pokemon for viability and more in battle items were added. Gen 3 did add natures for optimization and abilities, but I don't recall many of them being so game breaking playing RS, other than weather and attack type absorption.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.