[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Watch some clips of the new anime >Looks fucking great,

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 169
Thread images: 16

File: 53643.png (481KB, 711x400px) Image search: [Google]
53643.png
481KB, 711x400px
>Watch some clips of the new anime
>Looks fucking great, the battles have never been better
>This shit happens

And there goes any interest I had.
>>
All that hard work Ash did only to have it all devalued by getting some syncro asspull.
>>
>>27339115
Well, at least it's more refreshing than just giving Ash Mega Charizard Y. That's totally what they would have done if not for "synchro".
>>
>>27339134
>All that hard work Ash did only to have it all devalued by getting some syncro asspull
Except synchro required hard work and self re-evaluation to use it effectively.
>>
Still better than Shitzard
>>
>>27339191
An asspull that hasn't been seen until now.
So Ash is super duper special and would've gotten it regardless.
>>
MOTO MOTO MOTO!
>>
>>27339217
Except an ass pull is hardly an ass pull when it's a crutch to a character as opposed to an objective power up. Synchro at first did nothing but give Ash the edge against weaker opponents. People Greninja could have probably beaten with a good enough strategy. For stronger opponents the form was a liability and Ash's reliance on the form even caused him to get cocky with it costing him a win against Shota and Wulfric. It wasn't until he re-evaluated himself as a person and stopped being cocky and trying to rush to beat the 8th Gym and Shota that the form actually became useful and could even be remotely ass-pull-ish and by then the form was deserved.
And as >>27339136 said it's better than a generic Zard X vs Zard Y climax.
>>
>>27339217
Ash already has Aura powers, come back from the dead, time-traveled a bunch of times, and has met most legendary Pokémon including like 3 different Moltres.
>>
>>27339115
Is it weird that Greninjash and his mary sue life story made me like Greninja less?
>>
>>27339136

I think I would have rather had it as M-Charizard Y at this point because Greninja is just mary sue as fuck
>>
>>27339251
>>27339252
>Mary Sue
That would imply the Greninja is the perfect Pokemon that has literally no flaws but that's not the case. It's just a guy that likes fightan'. Like Goku.
>>
>>27339274
It still does some pretty improbable stuff (one-shotting an Altaria with fucking Water Shuriken of all things) and the breed as a whole is sucking up the limelight lately.
>>
>>27339284
And I forgot to mention that said battle was the only part that was shown.
>>
>>27339280

You're fucking retarded. When Ash travels a new region he always starts with completely new Pokemon and the story and bonding revolves around them. It would be fucking stupid to bring one of his old Pokemon back because he just feels like it just to get Mega Evolution although he didn't even know about them when he started.
Ash got the Synchro evolution so that he effectively has a Mega even though the new Pokemon don't have a Mega Form yet. That's the whole story.
>>
File: 1446407914886.gif (3MB, 500x281px) Image search: [Google]
1446407914886.gif
3MB, 500x281px
>>27339284
>It still does some pretty improbable stuff (one-shotting an Altaria with fucking Water Shuriken of all things)
you're making the silly mistake of applying game logic to a dumb shounen battle show that only loosely follows its rules
>>
>>27339280
Are you honestly attempting to make an argument for anything related to the Pokemon anime based on it's writing? No one watches Pokemon for it's writing, anon. They just watch it to see 'Mon fight.
Also it's not like Synchro just turned up in one episode and boom MC magically powers up in said episode and everything is hunky dory.
Ash learned about the possibility of obtaining "greatness" with Frogadier, Frogadier evolved like 7 or whatever episodes later and obtained Synchro which was only seen in short bursts, the power was strengthened and honed over the course of several episodes and THEN it became something that could be used.
An asspull would be, for example, let's say a character gets a literal random power up in one episode. No allusion to it, no training, nothing. Just a power up to get through that one situation then said power up is ignored for the rest of the series. THAT would be an asspull. Also
>Being mad that Pikachu didn't get Synchro
Pikachu has hogged up enough time in XY as it is, having a Kalosmon carry Ash through the rest of Kalos instead of Pikachu is much better.
>>
>>27339318
man you sound pretentious
>>
>>27339318
>Writing
>In the Pokemon anime
>EVER being good
You sure you're not applying the wrong standards to the show? Because if you're watching the Pokemon anime and expecting anything above Kids Shonen anime-tier writing you're not living your life correctly. Don't be an idiot.
>>
>>27339280
>maybe you can afford spending more than 1 episode showing how the lead character learns to use some special power, o
Are you retarded?
>>
File: 1464771143697.gif (1MB, 511x286px) Image search: [Google]
1464771143697.gif
1MB, 511x286px
>psychic is levitate
and it's great
>>
Honestly I just don't like having more random shit to keep up with. Mega evolutions were already retarded as shit when they were first introduced. Now they have to explain this synchro shit. Can only Ash do it? Why? Can only Greninja do this? It's like someone else said, this is just random shounen battle shit. They give no fucks about rhyme or reason and just decide Ash is allowed to mega-evolve a pokemon that has no mega-evolution. It's purely to pander to greninja loving kids.
I don't know.. I don't give a shit. As long as this stays the fuck away from the games it doesn't matter to me.
>>
Should we ask the japanons in /int/ what they think of Ash-Greninja? They did have an opinion on Yokai Watch, after all.
>>
>>27339247
Still can't win a single tournament. He's such a joke.
>>
>>27339369
>orange league
>>
>>27339369
He won a sumo tournament.
>>
>>27339354

This is pretty much the entirety of my beef with synchro. It comes off as a nice way to explain the power of bonding with your Pokemon, but the end result is a SUPER COOL NEW TRANSFORMATION THAT ONLY ASH'S GRENINJA CAN DO BECAUSE APPARENTLY EVERYONE ELSE HATES THEIR POKEMON AND THEIR POKEMON HATE THEM

Like Jesus Christ, does Pikachu have some unresolved tension with Ash or something? This shit raises way more questions than it could ever possibly answer. It would have been easier just to invent a Mega Greninja. The anime gets ahead of the games all the time, nobody would have cared.
>>
File: wow.gif (516KB, 450x253px) Image search: [Google]
wow.gif
516KB, 450x253px
>>27339371
>>
>>27339363
>M-muh Pikachu
Were you complaining when Infernape got a special snowflake Blaze too?
Pikachu has been shafted many times in the anime, just because it's the Pokemon that's been with Ash the longest doesn't mean it's Ash's ace. Pokemon like Charizard, Infernape, Scpetile, Krookodile and Greninja are much more deserving of that seat.
>>
File: 1454072459838.gif (946KB, 540x304px) Image search: [Google]
1454072459838.gif
946KB, 540x304px
>>27339391
pikachu doesn't have protean

or if that's not the explanation, why does every pokemon need to be able to do the synchro thing? pikachu can't breathe fire, can't fly, can't do a ton of stuff. he still gets tons of screentime, gets to battle a lot, and beat down Mega Lucario without even a boost. ash doesn't seem to value him any less.
>>
>>27339391
It was an irregular Froakie to begin with.
>>
>>27339428
Even with a mary sue sob story childhood.
>bwaaaah nobody likes me because i don't want to play with them!
>>
>>27339409
>why does every pokemon need to be able to do the synchro thing?

I'm not asking for every Pokemon to do it, if I had my way none of them would be able to.

I'm saying that if they only pre requisite is a strong bond, then it's beyond stupid to have the character you were introduced to this season (Who just happens to be the most marketable of the new generation) be the only one who's capable of transforming, even with the Pokemon he was with day one sitting on the sidelines watching this shit happen.

Pikachu is basically a cuckold.
>>
you idiots have no idea what a mary sue is huh
>>
>>27339391
That's only if Synchro isn't coming in S/M. That still wouldn't explain a lot of things since it'll bound to still be the special snowflake power and it also doesn't make sense that Pikachu wasn't able to do it sooner.
>>
File: 1459992554760.png (1MB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1459992554760.png
1MB, 1280x720px
>>27339446
pikachu is still a threat
>>
>>27339453
>special snowflake
do the games make you incredibly uncomfortable since you're playing as a kid who singlehandedly captures gods, stops organized crime, saves the fabric of reality, ascends to the top of their profession, etc etc

you're using this as a pejorative but this entire franchise is predicated on making kids feel special
>>
>>27339447
No one is denying it. You're acting like the Pokemon anime isn't an advertisement.
The fact of the matter is though you're complaining about shit no one cares about.
Pikachu is old news, of course they're going to appeal to Greninjafags.
But there's also the fact that Pikachu isn't one of Ash's aces. Pikachu is a shouldermon, nothing more. Leave the battling to a Pokemon that IS an ace, like Greninja.
There's also the fact that were Pikachu capable of some power like that, it would have done so a long time ago. The transformation also uses mega evolution energy, or some form of similar energy, which would make more sense to be used by a Pokemon that first appeared in the same gen as mega evolution.
>>
>>27339485
Everyone can do that.
>>
>>27339446
Remember that pikachu was originally a fat asshole. Greninja has liked Ash since he met him, and also loves battling far more than Pikachu. Also he might get a synchro if he would ever evolve.
>>
>>27339440
It is a frog of the future generation that grew up in the embrace of background mega evolution. Many more Pokémon will be mutants capable of synchro, being hated and feared by those who don't understand.
>>
>>27339391
Yeah like I said it's just lolsorandom shit.
Do you think pikachu resents the fuck out of greninja? I would be pissed as fuck.
>>27339409
I doubt protean is the explanation. If it is then anyone with a greninja should be able to do this. Also it's not that EVERY pokemon needs to be able to synchro. It's just stupid that ONLY Ash and greninja can do it. It's mary sue as hell like someone mentioned earlier.
>>27339428
That's a super cop-out explanation. Ash just happened to find the one froakie in existence that is capable of this and he happens to be the one trainer who is capable of this?
>>
>>27339485
>do the games make you incredibly uncomfortable since you're playing as a kid who singlehandedly captures gods, stops organized crime, saves the fabric of reality, ascends to the top of their profession, etc etc

Come to think of it, the sixth gen games always found new ways to annoy me by having a new NPC go "!" every five minutes and remark about how strong or talented I seem.
>>
>>27339508
Anyone that bonded with it could do it, just that Ash was the one that understood Froakie.
>>
>>27339115
The over abundance of and large focus to Greninja now has derailed XY in a way I don't like.

DP wins again
>>
>>27339526
You know what.. that's fair enough. I accept that as an explanation for the writing.
The problem still remains that they wrote themselves into a corner. They could have just made him catch a pokemon that had a mega evolution or something.
As it stands currently they are completely fucked if Ash moves on to the Alola region. They were so focused on making something "cool" that would interest kids that they didn't consider the implications. Now Ash has to take greninja everywhere in the same way that he does with pikachu.
Can you imagine the backlash if he leaves greninja behind? They're going to have to come up with some bullshit excuse like the same way he left charizard behind.
"I'll just leave greninja here in this ninja academy to train young unwanted froakies"
>>
>>27339217
>saw Ho Oh litteraly his first day as a trainer
>complaining he's too special after 800 episodes
???
>>
File: 1466707768015.jpg (28KB, 470x480px) Image search: [Google]
1466707768015.jpg
28KB, 470x480px
>>27339251
>>27339252
>Mary Sue

You idiots clearly don't know what Mary Sue means. Greninja ended Froakie and Frogadiers winning streak in a horrible way. Nearly all of his personal matches have ended up in defeats or ties and his winrate went down the shitter. It took dozens of episodes for it to actually master his forme shit and actually WIN a match. If anything, Alan and maybe even Shota are way more Gary Stu's than Ash will ever be.

Shota started as a complete amateur a couple of weeks ago and he ended up getting all the badges and mastering M-Evolution even before Ash did, which is retarded considering the fact that Ash was already 4 badges ahead of Shota.

Meanwhile Alan and his Charizard are the perfect, edgy Gary Stus that fits the name to the bill:

Alan has beaten nearly every Elite 4 Member with ONLY Charizard, Got every single badge in just a couple of days, and as shown in recent episodes, he's also steamrolled every single team he's faced in the league with only Charizard.

By comparison it's almost as if Ash were more competently written that that mess.
>>
>>27339574
Ninja master Greninja sounds cool
>>
>>27339115
You think too much m8
>>
>>27339581
Are megas uncommon in the anime like they are in the games? Because if they are the Zard X wrecking shit makes sense.
>>
>>27339486
>You're acting like the Pokemon anime isn't an advertisement
What? That was my point since my first post, that the advertising aspect of the franchise interferes with it being a decent show.

And for all the excuses you make for the anime doing things one way, it's amazing you don't apply the same amount of creativity to coming up with ways Pikachu could be the hero.
>exposed to mega evolution energy
>gains weird power
>???
>profit
Obviously a really throwaway idea, but I came up with it in 5 seconds- the writers for the show do it for a living and have weeks to come up with better ones. If you simply left it as "they need to market Greninja, so they used him" I would just agree with you because that was my point the entire damn time.

Also classy that you anime fans need to spam report opinions that they don't like so they get deleted, even when its stated completely civilly. Just tells everyone what they need to know about the anime fans around here. I'm out.
>>
>>27339644
It's a bit more common, but in no way widespread

Anyway the whole Ash Greninja shit is stupid because soon enough Ash will travel to Alola and his super special Greninja with his super special snowlflake bond will be left behind. And then you wonder what was the point or how come Pikachu can't Synchro with Ash. It's all so stupid, especially when you could have given Ash Mega Glalie or something if you didn't want the predictable MCX vs MCY match
>>
>>27339705
blAze
>>
>>27339705
That'd be dumb, megas are powered by bonds and Pikachu has been much longer with Ash, why should Glalie mega instead of it.
>>
>>27339704
>Also classy that you anime fans need to spam report opinions that they don't like so they get deleted
Didn't actually realize that until now. Kek. Well I haven't been reporting you, I have better things to do, like try and stay awake to change my sleeping cycle and arguing with you is a pretty good way to keep me focused.
>>
File: ash heracross.png (287KB, 640x360px) Image search: [Google]
ash heracross.png
287KB, 640x360px
>>27339705
I still think he deserved it the most.
>>
>>27339115
are you implying the anime never had really dumb bullshit before greninja?
>>
A pokémon that trained hard his whole life.
Get a bond with a trainer for first time.
Trains harder with his trainer's love and strength.
Power up (that still we dont know exactly how works to justify his logic. We need wait SM info).
Looks wonderful, but his trainer ruins it. He is weak.
Trainer trains harder with him, as he had never done.
Now looks wonderful, but his trainer ruins it. Overconfidence.
Trainer has a mental crisis, is afraid losing his friend.
They work together once again and achieve a feat.
They reaffirm their determination and bond. They will continue training to become stronger.
Their bond, strenght and persistence carried them to the top.

>>27339644
Actually Mega-evolution is relatively common in anime, compared with games.
"Only":
Mega-Lucario (Corni)
Mega-Lucario (you)
Mega-Absol (rival)
Mega-Gardevoir (Champion)
Mega-Gyarados (villain)
Mega-Swampert/Blaziken/Sceptile (rival)
Mega-Gallade (rival)
Mega-Metagross (Champion)
Mega-Camerupt/Mega-Sharpedo (villain)
Mega-Salamence (Lorekeeper)
Mega-Sceptile/Blaziken/Swampert, Mega-Lati@s and Mega-Rayquaza (you)
+ Hoenn Elite 4 too, but just in postgame
>>
>>27339731
>Jobbercross
>>
>>27339734

It didn't have Pokemon go super saiyan, no.
>>
>>27339744
*you know, seems a lot, but anime shows Mega-Blaziken, Gardevoir, Mawile, Lucario, Lucario again, Ampharos, Garchomp, Garchomp again, Mewtwo, Diancie, Venusaur, Blastoise, Zard Y, a lot of Zards X, Scizor, Absol, Rayquaza, Latias, Latios, Metagross, Tyranitar, Alakazam, Banette, Aggron, Pinsir, Heracross, Houndoom and Sceptile...
>>
>>27339115
Greninja has WAY too much screen time and now he goes full Naruto.

He alone made the anime shit again.
>>
>>27339763
Poor fucking Heracross is the polar opposite of Greninjash. Still couldn't fucking OHKO a Darkrai with a Guts Megahorn while Greninja OHKOed an Altaria with Water Shuriken. Anime logic makes no sense, the fact that Ash "needed" to lose aside.
>>
>>27339726
Eh, sorry, wasn't directed at you, you actually engaged with discussion. This seems to happen a lot around here so it's kinda frustrating though.
>>
>>27339722
Because then you're locked by Keystones at least, which Greninja isn't. Isn't the point of synchro that the trainer and pokemon share the same wavelength during that point. which makes you wonder why other pokemon didn't have similar events on his team?

Infernape's another easy example besides Pikachu.
>>
>>27339565
The over abundance of and large focus to Infernape now has derailed DP in a way I don't like.

AG wins again
>>
Charizard and Sceptile made much more sense that the OU frog. They could even use the Charizard Y and X rivalary
>>
>>27339853
AG objectively had the best league.
>prelims
>doubles
>3 full battles
>>
>>27339853

Infernape didn't trivialize Pokemon that weren't Infernape.
>>
>>27339876
>puss in boots meowth

lol
>>
>>27339930
>Figured out a simple visual way to distinguish/characterise a kid's cartoon character
I see nothing wrong with this.
>>
>>27339886
He kinda did actually. And I like Inferenape btw.
>>
>>27339853
haha this must be bait, Greninja has hogged every single trainer battle for months, all Infernape had was the 8th gym and the Paul battle
>>
>>27339886
>the Infernape line was used in almost every gym battle
>the Greninja line only in four and was only the star in three
>Infernape took out half of Paul's team and replaced Pikachu as Electivire's rival
>Greninja only comes out to battle Shota's (and likely Alan's) aces
:^)
>>
ITT: people who don't actually watch the anime
>>
>>27339886
Torterra says hi.
>>
>>27340003
>they didn't like it like I do
>they must have never watched it
Like clockwork. At least that's not any different from other franchises I guess.
>>
>>27339795
>infernape literally goes SS3
>>
>>27340027
Except you can quite easily tell most people here don't watch it and just parrot what they hear people say about it. Either way, if they legit think like they say they do, then they are literally retards.
>>
>>27339115
>have Ash lose over and over
>resolve the entire problem in one episode after he loses to Wulfric
>make Greninja the star of all the league battles
>most of the strategy is SUPER GIANT WATER SHURIKEN

How can anyone defend this? The very concept itself is cringeworthy but the way it was handled was bad too.
>>
>>27340038
>just parrot what they hear people say about it
It's cute that you can make this argument with no apparent self awareness whatsoever.
>>
>>27340058
Don't you think I've read this thread? Or followed anime discussion for a while to know the difference?
>>
>>27340057
I remember back when Ash lost to Brawly, there was a very convincing arrogance radiating from Ash and him underestimating an opponent, which he then spent several episodes learning how to overcome, using actual training.

This time he was apparently rushing into things even though he pretty much acted like he always does, then has it solved for him because he hung around the woods for one night which reminded him that he likes Pokemon, which proves...something.
>>
I fucking hate the latest episode of XYZ because Ash is more reckless than in his gym battles.
I got really mad when Hawlucha was used so shitty. He showed himself so flashy. Why do they shit on him so much? Also the shota has more skill than Ash right now. Ashyboy relies to much on Naruto.
>>
>>27340206
His "strategy" was literally assuming brute force would eventually work because slack off can't catch up with a full offensive. Then he left a fire type in on a water type.

All I can think of how BW's league has been shat on before for similar decisions, but it's okay this time since Ash gets to win.
>>
>>27340249
I hope he loses. Fuck this show.
I thought Ash returned but he didn't.
Remember how he was in Kanto and Johto? This is character development done right.
>>
>>27340317
Don't worry, if Shota doesn't fuck him up Alain will
>>
>>27340005
Infernape wasn't directly responsible for Torterra jobbing so much, though.

The one who stole Torterra's last chance to redeem himself, and ultimately showed how fucking useless the turtle had become, was Gliscor.
>>
>in XY Ash's froakie/frogadier had been shown to have issues with his trainers, basically like Ash's Snivy
>but in XY&Z that was re-explained as "he was just super special and unique all along"

>since mid-Hoenn Ash has been fairly level-headed when losing or winning battles, rarely letting it affect him. After losing, he's at most spend some episodes thinking of new strategies
>but in XY&Z, after losing three times (despite winning every single battle for like 60 episodes or so) he gets super depressed and angsty and even fights with his friends
>but then he goes to a forest, talks to some pokémon during a snowstorm, meets greninja again, and somehow resolves everything that was troubling him

I know pretty well how pointless it is to complain to complain about the writing in the pokémon anime, but these two events really left a sour taste in my mouth. And the fact that both were related to Ash-Greninja made me lower my opinion about the form even before the league.
>>
>>27339369
He's winning kalos league
>>
>>27340249
>Then he left a fire type in on a water type
Despite the type disavantage, It was for the pacing of the battle, Ash is not the only one who can switch!
It's not the game m8, think more "realistic"!
>>27340425
Literally no reason for Ash to "lose", stop the denial.
>>
>>27340686
t. speedreader
>>
>>27339581
>Alan has beaten nearly every Elite 4 Member with ONLY Charizard, Got every single badge in just a couple of days, and as shown in recent episodes, he's also steamrolled every single team he's faced in the league with only Charizard.

He's only beaten Malva and that's the same Charizard he had battling Primals/Mega Fug/Zygarde but still getting his ass kicked by them.
>>
>>27340686
You expressed one of the problems I had with XYZ. Ash's whole thing wasn't an even really a character arc. They made it seem like Ash had lost some quality which is why he couldn't control Greninja's transformation, but nothing he did in the episodes leading up to that really implied he was getting arrogant or even forgot why he likes Pokemon or whatever. Ash's whole character is based around being nice to his Pokemon and he regularly just helps out random wild Pokemon, he didn't have an episode where he snapped and yelled at Greninja or something.

I've seen a lot of shows where an arc has a setup with no payoff, but it's rare I see a show that has an arc that's basically all payoff for a struggle that was never really set up.
>>
>>27340057
ITS A KIDS SHOW YOU FAGGOT

Kill yourself, its always been bullshitty
>>
>>27339802
He was barely used in XY. The focus on him in XY&Z is understandable, since it's part of his character arc.
>>
File: images (4).jpg (17KB, 342x192px) Image search: [Google]
images (4).jpg
17KB, 342x192px
>>27339115
I know what you mean. Seriously, if you want to see a good modern Pokemon Anime just watch DP. Instead of a Special Snowflake Meme Frog who steals everyone spotlight, Ash has an Infernape with the Special Ability Blaze, a power that appear at the beginning of the show and wasn't a Forced bad written power like Synchro is. All of Ash Pokemon get an equal treatment, it has better and more strategic battles instead of silly asspulls like Hawlucha destroying Trick Room with physical attacks. The Main girl has an actual personality with a great goal and awesome fights unlike Serena who is just there for Shipping purposes and Muh Ash. Better rivals that blow Shota out of the water, the greates three part Pokemin Battle ever seen, Cynthia helping the Main Cast unlike Diantha, an edgy villain Girl who follows Ash to kill him, a great Team Galactic final battle, and finally the greatest League since the Pokemon Anime started. And of course see Ash ultimately get stomped in the most Epic and Coolest way possible by the Writters Self Insert and desires of not wanting Ash to win the League. Overall DP is by many anons the best Pokemon Anime Saga, with great development, Battles and Characters. Go watch it, you won't regret it.
>>
>People complaining about Ash being special in XY
Did you guys skip the first 800 episodes?
>>
I actually like it. The idea of moving in sync with your pokemon because of the strong bond you've formed. I've always liked the idea of that, when training your pokemon and battling and moving together through your emotional bond.
It doesn't sound unachievable for everyone but ash. Obviously it wouldn't work in a pokemon that already has a mega evolution.
>>
>>27341149
But Infernape stole everyone's spotlight too, it was in practically every gym battle, took over the rivalry with Electivire, and solo'd more than half of Paul's team.
DP also had that bullshit counter-shield, which was just spinning in place, and didn't even matter in the long run, since everyone else did it.
Dawn and Serena have very different personalities, and both of them are kinda generic.
The only rival that mattered in DP was Paul, and the only ones that really appreciate him are meta-gaming assholes that take pokemon too seriously.
>>
>>27339115
>he doesn't like Ash Greninja
Thanks for confirming you're an underaged autist.

Go cry about the ashnime over on reddit, and tumblr, thanks.

Same goes for anyone in here shitting on this amazing design.

I can't wait to see it in the game, both me getting to have it and the shit storm is gonna be amazing
>>
>>27341078
Understandable for marketing purposes. Yeah I know.
>>
File: 1447950379093.jpg (669KB, 1529x1567px) Image search: [Google]
1447950379093.jpg
669KB, 1529x1567px
>>27341433
>Thanks for confirming you're an underaged autist.
>Says as he defends Ash Greninja
You're probably a real 12 yo I bet.
>>
>>27341383
>But Infernape stole everyone's spotlight too.
No he didn't, everyone got their big battles and moments.
Buizel learning Ice Punch, beating Lucario
Gliscor traning arc and in the League he defeated Drapion.
Gible helped Ash beat Conway and had a training arc too to control Draco Meteor.
Turtwing had the second most development in ash team.
Ash fought different trainers to get to the Semi Finals unlike the Kalos League skipping everything. And Ash used different Strategies in each Gym.
>>
>>27341433
>he doesn't like Ash Greninja
>Thanks for confirming you're an underaged autist.
Holy shit look who is talking. Synchro Greninja is by far the most Cringe power up Pokemon has ever had. All those silly moves and Motto Motto. Show anyone a clip of Greninja Ash and they will say it sucks ass
>>
>>27341149
I miss DP, probably because it was so fun to talk and get hyped about it with people on the internet.

Too bad BW and XY were awful for any kind of discussion.
>>
>>27339247
Yeah whatever happened to his aura powers? Why the fuck does the show never mention the movies?
>>
>>27341521
>Synchro Greninja
>cringe
>when we've got Mega Evolution
m8
>>
>>27341433

Found the Narutard
>>
>>27341543
It got used once in an episode with a Riolu.
>>
>>27341548
You know what i mean. Mega Evolution is just a fucking stone shining while Synchro is the trainer making silly moves and fusing with the Pokemon. I mean i think it could be cool but the way the show presents it its extremely cringey
>>
>>27341548
What's your point? Mega Evolution sequences like Alan's are already kind of embarrassing to watch, Ash-Greninja's transformation sequences it's basically the same, but 200 times more over-the-top. It's no wonder people say it is cringy.
>>
>>27341591
>silly moves
>fusing
Do you even watch the anime or do you just want to hate it because you're a contrarian faggot?
>>
>>27341149
>mfw pikachu looks so out of place next to those other pokemon

I would like to watch the pokemon anime but I'd have to sit through like 3 weeks of marathoning it and all the pointless "muh friendship" filler that no doubt comes with.
>tfw still might just to see the ash X who ever romance.
>>
>>27341641
I watch it and the show itself is ok but Synchro is terrible.
>>
>>27341492
>Buizel learning Ice Punch, beating Lucario
Learned the Ice Punch, didn't actually beat Lucario per se, just tied.
>Gliscor traning arc and in the League he defeated Drapion.
Noibat had that with his flying.
>Gible helped Ash beat Conway and had a training arc too to control Draco Meteor.
Hawlucha beat a Mega in the league and as for the training arc it didn't really do much training while the first Draco Meteor in the League was really the first time he could use it properly while in control.
>Turtwing had the second most development in ash team.
Goodra, Hawlucha, and Noibat had development episodes all throughout.

I'm not saying DP Pokemon didn't have spotlight, but trying to say XY Pokemon didn't is just bullshit.
>>
>>27341672
>I'm not saying DP Pokemon didn't have spotlight, but trying to say XY Pokemon didn't is just bullshit.
Yeah Ash Pokemon XY had their different Arcs but Greninja definitely its way too important for Marketing purposes.
Oh and also Hawlucha beat a Mega yeah but that fight wasn't even shown completely and from one second to another Absol was a Mega .
>>
>>27341591
See, it's shit like this I mean>>27340038

People made up their minds about this shit months ago when it was revealed and will take any opportunity to shit on it without actually knowing anything about it.
>>
File: unnamed.gif (2MB, 480x270px) Image search: [Google]
unnamed.gif
2MB, 480x270px
>>27341540
DP doesn't have any romace at all. Unless maybe if you count Kenny being in love with Dawn and asking her to leave Ash so she can travel with him. Anyway theres not much romance like in XY( its terrible by the way) but Ash and Dawn sure look pretty darn good together
>>
>>27341767
Are you just saying it's terrible because it wasn't Ash and Dawn?
>>
>>27339351
maybe they're both using psychic on each other to give the illusion of levitating
>>
File: images (2).jpg (27KB, 511x288px) Image search: [Google]
images (2).jpg
27KB, 511x288px
>>27341791
Nah i don't care about Ash × Dawn but the way Serena's character is written its really sad. She should have been like pic related
>>
>>27339136
I'm so mad we didn't get M-Charizard Y or at least something with pikachu.
Pikachu got fucking cucked I'm so mad.
>>
What's a good site to watch this? One without the ads and popups of Kissanime
>>
>>27341935
>expecting any anime streaming site not to have ads up its ass
Use an adblocker.
>>
>>27341935
My technique is using my Wii U/PS4 navigators to never have pop ups.
>>
>>27341935
I don't have problems with Kissanime. You can just search the episodes on Nyya or download the episodes from Kissanime. Ask the Anime General
>>
>>27341905
Her personality is a girl who likes a guy.

Truth be told, I don't see how that supposed personality would have been different from Dawn's other than the anime pushing Ash x Serena and not Ash x Dawn.
>>
>>27342016
>Ask the Anime General
We'd tell him not to stream which would be pointless if that's what he plans on doing anyway.
>>
>>27341978
IIRC Kissanime(and cartoon) don't allow ad blockers
>>
>>27341767
Meant for this>>27341654
>>
>>27341935
Holy shit just click the link below the video player
>>
Why didn't ash just get Charizard-Y?

Didnt it just come back to his team last season too?
>>
>>27341586
There was another episode about Ash being the modern Aura Guardian, but it hasn't come up since Sinnoh. I remember Ash getting Mega Lucario was a pretty popular theory early in XY.
>>
Because the Meme Frog is stronger duh. And because Marketing
>>
>>27342139
This
>>27342095
>>
>>27342139
Damn i hate that frog
>>
File: pokemongeneralelection_thumb-1.jpg (117KB, 554x542px) Image search: [Google]
pokemongeneralelection_thumb-1.jpg
117KB, 554x542px
>>27342095
Because, Charizard isn't as popular :^)
>>
Reminder that Ash Greninja will win Ash the league with this attack >>27342139 so you'd better start getting used to it already if you don't like it.
>>
>>27339853
I knew someone would bring that up
>>
>>27339369
Yeah he just has all of these powers and ablities and has achieved the dreams of literally hundreds, thousands hell probably hundreds of thousands of people and only fails at the one thing he is constantly trying to achieve (Becoming the Pokemon Master) which in all honesty isn't that bad, i mean he lost in Kanto due to Team Rocket fuckery and Charizard being a massive fag for no reason which granted is a reason for a TRAINER to lose but still when Pokemon are heavily implied to be sentient it makes Charizard seem like a asshole, then in Johto he lost to a foreign totally unknown trainer from a land far away from Kanto and Johto, then in Hoenn he lost to the guy who won the league and also had a psuedo, in Sinnoh after his hardest and greatest battle yet, he lost to a fag using legendaries who soloed the entire region with a Darkrai and Ash was the only one to perform the feat of defeating not only one but two of his Pokemon then in Unova he genuinely honest to god lost to a retard which is his only inexcusable loss thus far, and finally he is fighting against a Elite 4 tier trainer and is heavily implied by a episode title to have won the Kalos League, a place filled with borderline legendary-tier trainers,

but yeah Ash is a joke obviously/
>>
>>27342175

Why do Japs have such pleb tier taste?
>>
>>27339391
Because there is literally a entire myth/legend about a Greninja who achieved a similar transformation years ago? are you going to question why Humans can't go Super Saiyan in Dragon Ball next?
>>
>>27339490
Okay go catch us God, defeat ISIS, prevent the universe from being reborn and become the greatest cocksucker in the entire world.
>>
>>27342279
>In ye tales of yore, there is a Lucario that reached a form beyond Lucario from a magical stone and its bond with human partner. It was promptly squashed by a Greninja that turned into a human.
>>
>>27339369
>Orange League
>Battle Frontier
>Minor tournaments
>>
Will Ash decline the chance to battle the E4 and the Champion for their titles, like he declined Scott's offer to become an Elite Brain?
>>
>>27342599
Fug
Frontier Brain*
>>
>>27342599
Ash expressed interest in battling just Diantha in case he won the league back when they first met and Diantha accepted, it doesn't seem like you NEED to go through the Kalos E4 first if you want to battle the champion. See also Alan who was able to battle Siebold just by going to his restaurant and asking him.
>>
>>27342175
>a poll done AFTER the season started
>>
>>27342650
>See also Alan who was able to battle Siebold just by going to his restaurant and asking him
But that wasn't a battle over his title, was it? I remember someone in DP (either Lucian or Cynthia) saying you had to win the league tournament in order to challenge the E4/Champion for their seat in the region's League. But they could have just changed the rules now.

But I also vaguely remember someone saying you needed to be native from a region to become its champion, but I'm probably remembering wrong.
>>
>>27342823
>But I also vaguely remember someone saying you needed to be native from a region to become its champion, but I'm probably remembering wrong.
Mistranslation.

Either way, the Sinnoh and Kalos leagues might work differently. Also, even if Ash wins, we know Team Flare is attacking immediately afterwards and Malva will be with them. It's possible she gets arrested and thus the Elite Four will be inactive as a group until a replacement is appointed. Which is why I think Ash will face Diantha directly if he wins.
>>
>>27339252
>I think I would have rather had it as M-Charizard Y at this point because Greninja is just mary sue as fuck
You do realise the same thing would have happened with Mega Zard Y right?
>>
>>27340057
>Ash cannot easily overwhelm an opponent
>Why is Ash such a shit?
>can overwhelm an opponent
>he shouldn't be able to because I want to complain about how he's a shit
COME ON. also the conflict had drug on for multiple episodes before being solved after wulfric. if you actually watched you could see Ash was growing steadily more insecure to the point where he couldn't even activate it and the next time he did it was so sloppy it costed him the match.
>>
>>27340807
I'd advise rewatching the imperfect ash greninja arc starting with Alain. he starts to fall out of sync with greninja when he starts winning and when he loses he assumes it's because he's not strong enough. this mindset is what caused the problems, he kept factoring out greninja (hence why he could only do it during intense battles at first). In the woods he reevaluates his bond with pokemon. The payoff is Ash greninja being perfected outside of battle, not through strength but through understanding.

Funnily enough it parallels with the korrina arc.
>>
>>27339191
>pokemon cartoon apologists
>>
I stopped watching the anime around the time the "writers" tried making the battles closer to the games.
>>
>>27343679
Only one i can think of is Origins.
>>
>>27343679
>tried making the battles closer to the games.
Origins? I mean...okay.
>>
File: 1463101069484.gif (186KB, 720x524px) Image search: [Google]
1463101069484.gif
186KB, 720x524px
>>27339241
This, I love it everytime
>>
>>27343732
>>27343772
Late gen 3 and on do things like constantly mention abilities/ability activation, move effects like flinching, almost no battles where non-moves are used, type effectiveness is brought up multiple times every battle, and so on.

Some of this was present beforehand but it's ridiculously heavyhanded now.

>Origins
Origins handled battling being similar to the games in an okay way.
>>
>>27343826
>the thunder armor season
you have no idea what you're talking about. they had to talk about abilities because they were newly introduced to the game, they rarely brought them up after mentioning them once. and what's more not even the abilites worked like they do in the game. at no point in the anime have they ever tried to be 100% no scratch that, more than 75% accurate to the games. And desu they're better off for it because that's what dragged down origins.
>>
>>27343946
When I was younger I thought Thunder Armor was the dumbest thing made to asspull a victory. Now I realize it was just probably a glamorized Guts.
>>
>>27339241
IKEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE a
>>
File: 1372581132372.png (98KB, 323x330px) Image search: [Google]
1372581132372.png
98KB, 323x330px
>>27343782
And I hate it every time.
>>
Does Ash have a good psychic mon yet?

I haven't really believed in him since he didn't get himself an Abra after he saw Sabrina's.
>>
>>27342322
That would only mean that Lucario a shit, which it is.
>>
>>27342035
You can still play them on Kissanime with their "Click here" button underneath each episode. Opens up a new window like a webm and there's no problem.
Thread posts: 169
Thread images: 16

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.