[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What dual typing do you think Popplio is going to have, and why

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 45
Thread images: 4

File: popplio.png (48KB, 300x258px) Image search: [Google]
popplio.png
48KB, 300x258px
What dual typing do you think Popplio is going to have, and why is is Water/Fairy?

17 Pokémon as of ORAS we're able to learn Disarming Voice through leveling up. Key phrase in the previous sentence is leveling up. The majority of the pokemon that learn it this, and it's a majority by three pokémon, are either pure Fairy-type or have Fairy as a dual typing.

The seven pokémon who learn it by level up, save for two outliers, are either part Normal or Psychic type. The two outliers are Milotic and Altaria, two semi-overtly feminine pokémon. Milotic must have, in 3rd gen and ORAS, the beauty contest condition completely maxed in order to evolve when traded. Altaria is fluffy and seems to be more feminine than most dragon pokémon that exist.

This brings me to the next part. Most, if not all of the pokémon that learn the move Disarming Voice are either weak looking (Jigglypuff, Audino, Skitty, Espurr) or overtly feminine (Florges, Milotic, Sylveon, Gardevoir)

No Fighting types, even with selective breeding for egg moves, can learn Disarming Voice. Anyone who believes that GF would make Popplio be able to hatch with the move as its only way of obtaining it is stupid. Would GF go out of their way to selectively breed a Popplio so that it would have the move for a gameplay video/trailer/whatever? It would be too many steps for GF to troll people.

As it stands, Entermaid basically confirmed.
>>
>>27338079
Don't tell that to people they'll get upset.
>>
>>27338141
It's what they need to hear. They need to hear the truth.
>>
>muh patterns
>>
>>27338194
>muh patterns
You realize that the series follows a pattern right? Saying that just signifies denial. What, they're going to give Disarming Voice to a Fighting-type like your beloved "Ballio"? Think before typing.
>>
>>27338223
No anon, GF actually gives 0 shits about the patterns you've formulated in your precious head.
I'm not denying anything. Every new game however, there's someone like you who believes they've predicted the future by looking into a bunch of meaningless patterns.
I'm simply saying it's literally impossible to predict what type a Pokemon will be based on a single move. Your evidence is all based on an old game. You don't know how Disarming Voice will be treated now.
>>
>>27338270
If they give "0 shits" about the patterns "I've formed in my head" why do they continue to follow said patterns. In fact, why do pseudos keep popping up in each generation if GF doesn't care about patterns. Think before typing and maybe you'd realize that your precious games, even dating back to the tried and true older games, follow the same patterns you're saying don't exist anywhere but my head.
>>
>>27338300
What do Psuedos have to do with the distribution of a single move?
Besides, the only leak acknowledging Entermaid and the other starter's existence is one that also says GF is breaking a major pattern by removing gyms. If you want to believe in Entermaid, you, by default, also have to accept that patterns are meaningless.
>>
>>27338350
When I mentioned Pseudos, I was simply mentioning that a pattern shows up every generation. There is at least a set of Pseudos each gen. It's a pattern. They follow it and have since the beginning of the series. Even if they're trying to shake things up, and believe me, no gyms but some other system that breaks the pattern is fine by me. However, they don't tend to break patterns that deal with certain typing that learn certain moves. Take the move Foul Play for example. The majority of the pokémon able to learn it by leveling up are the Dark-type. It's been that way for long time, and GF doesn't often break that pattern. I mean sure, Klefki learns Foul Play for some damned reason, but most moves have those few outliers of pokémon that learn it. Same goes for moves like Disarming Voice, which as a majority is learned by the Fairy-type.
>>
>>27338350
Adding onto the last post, the original picture that had been leaked wasn't leaked with the information you're talking about. It was leaked on Pokéjungle and spread around like wildfire prior to the "no gyms leak" you're tailing about.
>>
>>27338390
>Because one pattern is true, ALL patterns are true
>Even though I literally prove my own pattern wrong by showing that moves aren't actually restricted to the strict guidelines *I* have given them
Please, just stop. You're embarrassing yourself at this point.
Gamefreak has also proven time and time again that they don't really care about patterns, especially ones fans have invented in their head.
>>
>>27338433
I didn't say they have strict guidelines. I said that the moves have majority typing that often get the move. The majority typing for Disarming Voice is Fairy. Seeing as the two viable options for Popplio evolving would be to Water/Fighting (Ballio) and Water/Fairy (Entermaid), you'd see where the thought goes. Not a single fighting type has learned the move. The majority is Fairy. Thus Entermaid is the most likely of any "unconfirmed leak" to come true.
>>
>>27338223
You realize that the series follows a pattern right? Saying that just signifies denial. What, they're going to skip a Zygarde game in Gen VI when its forms exist and instead move straight onto Gen VII? Think before typing.
>>
I genuinely don't care. Chances are I'll just box my starter like last gen, because I've given up on them being good.
>>
>>27338464
>two viable options
Not him but you're an idiot, theres the third option of the leaks aren't real

Theres like 10 sets of starter evos "leaked" every gen, just because one of them was real once doesn't mean all of them deserve never ending threads
>>
>>27338821
Last gen I felt Chesnaught was the weakest of the three, and the design for Emboar in 5th he was less than adequate.
>>
>Havia this much autism over a move that was just introduced in 6th gen

Your patterns mean nothing.
>>
>>27338079
>no fighting type can learn it
>what is gallade
>>
File: image.png (159KB, 289x289px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
159KB, 289x289px
>>27338079

Nice observations, OP. Screencapping for when the naysayers in here get BTFO.
>>
File: image.jpg (190KB, 630x856px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
190KB, 630x856px
>>27338918

Here are the moves Gallade learns from leveling up. Disarming Voice nowhere to be found. Compare to Gardevoir, who can learn the move by leveling up.

Gallade having Disarming Voice as a consequence of being a split evolution is a different scenario.
>>
Hey, OP-kun, what does Disarming Voice sound like in 6th gen?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y7YkgchCptM
>>
>>27338079
I can't wait until you get BTFO'D by Gamefreak
>>
>>27338079
Think of all the starters DO gain a dual typing but DONT have moves that allude to their second typing.
Torchic doesn't learn a fighting move, but it does learn Peck, a flying move.
Tepig doesn't learn a fighting move.
Turtwig
Fennekin
Chespin
Froakie doesn't learn a dark type move but it does learn Lick, a Ghost type move.
And more.

Also remember that seals and sea lions have very shrill cries. Just like chickens peck and frogs use their long tongues.
It's a low powered sound-based move. Disarming Voice being a Fairy move is just coincidence.
>>
>>27339013
wow that is totally right, because ralts learning it and it isn´t in the game data of gallade just means means...that gallade shouldn´t be having it..and still it has it..really makes you think huh...

Oh and how ist it possible that male meowstic can learn it?

wow and look at this >>27339049

it sounds a little bit like a trumpet right? And you know what is funny about that seals and clowns are always associated with payling trumpets
>>
>>27338789
So what? HGSS, BW, B2W2, ORAS

It's not like giving a game for every legendary it's a pattern, otherwise we should have 3x pokémon games now
>>
>>27338433
Patterns aren't suddenly "not patterns" because they have exceptions
>>
>>27338079
>Entermaid basically confirmed
Hold up there, fuckboy. Water/Fairy might be confirmed by this, but don't jump to conclusions.
>>
>>27338079
>Pokemon learns a move that isn't related to its type at all
Really unbelievable and has never happened before.
>>
>>27338079
Stop trying to reason with retards, they will grasp at any straws they can get a hold on and say "b-but pooplio is a seal and seals go honk honk" while conveniently ignoring that no other Pokemon based on loud animals learn it.

Everyone with basic capability to use their brains knows what Disarming Voice implies, people who pretend that the patterns aren't there are being dishonest with themselves.
>>
>>27339240
Swasbuck can learn charm. It is not cute, It is not a spoiled child, It is not feminine.
>>
>>27339075
>being this deliberately dense

don't say "so what" and pretend there's not a point there, because you know the point is fan patterns especially can be broken by game freak whenever they want. fans expected a Z and game freak broke the expected pattern of the final trio members getting a game. it was never "every" legendary so quit making dumb counter arguments.

but hey you knew what the point was and are just being deliberately dense and trying to move the goalposts
>>
>>27339275
If patterns were not patterns just because they had outliers I would feel bad for statisticians all over the world.
>>
>>27338300
>why do they continue to follow said patterns

Disarming Voice has only been around for a single generation. A pattern needs more than one instance to be a pattern.

>In fact, why do pseudos keep popping up in each generation

Uh, maybe because they are an integral part of the game? Legendaries are in all Pokemon games, but that doesn't justify the existence of all patterns.
>>
>>27339306
>gets proven wrong
>patterns are patterns because there are exceptions...

bronzong learns feint attack (a.k.a Sneak attack), even magby learns it. Kabuto learns metal sound, despite having anything with metals.

disarming voice is in japanese charm voice, which just can fucking mean it is a cute voice. Also the name in german is "Säuselstimme" which would be translated into murmur/whisper/purr voice
>>
>>27339312
>A pattern needs more than one instance to be a pattern.
This is true, but it's irrelevant for what you are arguing for.

Had Disarning Voice only been given to a sole pokemon that just so happened to be a girly fairy, you would be right and it would mean nothing.

If your point is that it has only been out for one generation and that we do not know if its distribution could be expanded upon, you would be right if we didn't have hundreds of other moves to look at and see that, no, moves are not expanded beyond their initial "pattern" aside from in extremely rare instances.
>>
>>27339382
>patterns are not patterns because there are exceptions
So you think expecting your child to be born with two arms and two legs is unreasonable because there are rare instances of children born with only one?
>>
>>27339434
Anon do you right now comparing a man made game by a company to giving birth to a child? Are you an idiot?
>>
Why does everybody have to have a dual typing? What ever happened to pure Water?
>>
>>27339562
Pure water is boring. There's already so many water-type pokemon out there, at least make them special or unique if you're going to make them.
>>
For all we know disarming voice will be an early game tm.
>>
>>27339996
We saw it level up and learn it.
>>
File: 1469116486864.png (338KB, 1000x700px) Image search: [Google]
1469116486864.png
338KB, 1000x700px
>>27338079
>>27338141
>>27338162
I feel like I'm on edge here just by reading this paragraph!
>>
Remember when a lot people thought Fletchling would evolve into a Fire type because it learned Flame Charge? And then it did?
>>
>>27340254
Exactamundo. More people see the truth! We know how the move has been distributed in the past, and we know the types/style of pokémon to get it. The "Gallade" person doesn't understand what learn by level up means. No Fighting-type has been able to learn it via leveling up or breeding.
>>
Omg what if Popplio's ears are actually pigtails! Siren confirmed.
Thread posts: 45
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.