[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How does this work? If a Pokemon hatches from an egg, and there

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 1

File: hiroyuki_nishimura1.jpg (238KB, 961x631px) Image search: [Google]
hiroyuki_nishimura1.jpg
238KB, 961x631px
How does this work? If a Pokemon hatches from an egg, and there are over 4 different moves it learns at level 1, what moves does it come out knowing? Is it just a random 4?
>>
>>27336127
determined by the moves the parents have at the time of breeding
>>
>>27336142
What if neither parent knows any of the offsprings egg moves and also neither knows any of the moves the offspring learns at level 1.
>>
>>27336127
Those are moves it can 'relearn' at level 1

I think otherwise it only comes with basic shit like tackle and leer, if the parents don't share moves it can learn
>>
Bump. Need some solid answers.
>>
>>27336341
Use a fucking heart scale anon
>>
>>27336341
It's either the first four in the list or the last four leading up to whatever it learns after level 1. I forget which.
Either way, it doesn't matter, since Heart Scales are a thing.
>>
>>27336364
I don't want one of my Pokemon to learn these moves, I just want to know how this works in the games. If a Pokemon is hatched from an egg, but it has over 4 moves it learns at level 1, as you can see in the OP, Heracross has over 4 moves it learns at level 1, what exactly moves does it come out of the egg knowing?
>>
Is this Heracross
>>
>>27336392
>>27336341

this anon>>27336173 is right. The only reason they do that is so that some moves won't be learned by level up, or so that end game you can instantly give some good moves to your newly hatched pokemon. Pretty sure that pokemon you listed would just have tackle/leer/horn attack/endure at most
>>
They are egg moves. This means that IF the parent knows one of these moves, your pokemon will know it. If not, they will only have the basic tackle/leer moves.

This is a solid answer.
>>
>>27336454
They are not egg moves. You clearly don't know what an egg move is. Heracross's egg moves are Bide, Double-Edge, Flail, Focus Punch, Harden and some others. None of which are on that list. This is a list of moves Heracross learns by level up. Which are different from egg moves.
>>
>>27336454

Nope. Those aren't (all) egg moves, and that doesn't explain why some egg moves aren't listed. I'm pretty sure it just gives you the last 4 moves learned at level 1, that way the good juicy moves will be "forgotten" by the latter shitty moves.

For OP though, I'll breed a heracross right now with no egg moves, and confirm that it's probably going to be tackle/leer/horn attack/endure
>>
Okay OP, just popped a newborn heracross. mother heracross only knew tackle, ditto was other parent.

Birth moves are tackle, leer, horn attack, endure.

It just takes the last four moves, so if gamefreak doesn't want a pokemon born with a move, but wants moves to be learn able by heart scales, they'll put them behind 4 other moves
>>
>>27336541
Oh ok thanks I was gonna do the same thing until I read you would.
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.