[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So how do Grass pokémon lay eggs? Are they just normal animals

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 27
Thread images: 3

File: 071Victreebel[1].png (126KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
071Victreebel[1].png
126KB, 431x431px
So how do Grass pokémon lay eggs? Are they just normal animals that have adapted various plants into their biology? What about pic related, which is literally a plant? How does it lay eggs? How do Ferroseed, Seedot, and Sunkern hatch from eggs if they are seeds? Do Grass pokémon produce seeds? If so, what would they grow into? Are Exeggcute seeds or eggs? Do Exeggcute hatch from eggs? If Exeggutor become Exeggcute when their heads fall off, how are new Exeggcute produced? If Grass pokémon lay eggs, then why do some of them have flowers? Are the flowers the pokémon's genitalia? If not, what is the purpose of the flowers, and if so, where do the eggs come out of? If some pokémon with flowers spread pollen to reproduce, wouldn't that get kind of awkward? Do bee pokémon pollenate Grass pokémon too? Do Grass pokémon exhale oxygen and inhale CO2? Why is Abomasnow a Grass type if it constantly lives in wintery environments without access to sunlight? If a Grass type eats plants, is it considered an herbivore or a cannibal? Why do some Grass types produce fruit; isn't the point of fruit so that animals eat it and carry the seeds around? Aren't bananas all a clone of each other? Does that mean that Tropius are clones of each other? If the banana plant is an herb and the banana itself is a berry, then why is Tropius a palm tree? If one Tropius eats another Tropius's fruit is that considered kinky? Why can Tropius fly? How does Tropius fly when it is a 100 kilogram animal with wings made of leaves? Why is Tropius a sauropod dinosaur? Why does Tropius look like it's wearing a poncho? What the fuck is Tropius?
>>
Very carefully.
>>
>>27335436
luvdisc
>>
>>27335453
(I think it's trying to communicate....)
>>
WHY DO EXEGGCUTE HATCH FROM AN EGG
>>
>>27335424
I'm sorry everyone, but I'll need to Richard it up for this one. In the Black/White pokedex entry for Weepinbell, it says
>A Pokémon that appears to be a plant. It captures unwary prey by dousing them with a toxic powder.
Appears. Meaning that the bell line, at the very least, are not plants but animals that look like plants and have plant like characteristics. But in Bellsprout's Stadium pokedex entry it says
>A kind of bug-eating plant that hunts small insects. It uses its roots as feet for walking.
Meaning that they are actual plants. The pokedex is basically unreliable, as it contradicts itself like this. So I don't fucking know.
>>
Between gameplay and story segregation simplifying aspects, how the games claim the eggs are just "cradles" and not true eggs, and how even the dex and game lore often contradicts itself, I'd just say it's whatever you think it is, provided you don't start saying, "THIS IS DEFINITELY TRUE FUCK ANY OTHER DEPICTION"
>>
>>27335424
Hey. Fuck you.
>>
>>27335424
It's a giant seed that looks like regular pokemon eggs.

Jesus christ OP do you even hoticulture
>>
>>27337698
Hey. Contribute to the conversation.
>>
They are beings with plant/grass based powers. Most aren't made out of plants or are actual plants.
>>
And the ones that are actual plants reproduce by other means, i assume
>>
This is the reason grass is my favorite type. We just don't know shit about it besides its weaknesses.
>>
File: 1469307301031.png (489KB, 445x720px) Image search: [Google]
1469307301031.png
489KB, 445x720px
>>27335424
What are paragraphs?
>>
part one

>How do grass pokemon lay eggs?
My guess is that grass pokemon produce seeds which are planted in the ground and a new pokemon grows.
>Are they just normal animals that have adapted various plants into their biology?
Part yes,part no.It's really hard to tell because there are many grass types with varying level of "grassiness"and it's just bizarre
>What about pic related, which is literally a plant?
It's a possesed plant.Problem solved.
> How does it lay eggs?
First question.
> How do Ferroseed, Seedot, and Sunkern hatch from eggs if they are seeds?
Also first question.
>Do Grass pokémon produce seeds?
Again,first question.
>If so, what would they grow into?
Yet again,first question.
> Are Exeggcute seeds or eggs?
It's really convoluted,but my guess is they are seeds.
>Do Exeggcute hatch from eggs?
No,they grow out of seeds.
>If Exeggutor become Exeggcute when their heads fall off, how are new If Exeggutor become Exeggcute when their heads fall off, how are new Exeggcute produced?
I think Exeggutor produce Exeggcute seeds like a plant would do.
> If Grass pokémon lay eggs, then why do some of them have flowers?
They produce seeds.That's why they have flowers.
>Are the flowers the pokémon's genitalia?
Technically, yes.
> If some pokémon with flowers spread pollen to reproduce, wouldn't that get kind of awkward?
No,it wouldn't.That's what a plant does and nobody questions that.
>Do bee pokémon pollenate Grass pokémon too?
We don't know.
> Do Grass pokémon exhale oxygen and inhale CO2?
They both inhale and exhale oxygen,i guess.
> Why is Abomasnow a Grass type if it constantly lives in wintery environments without access to sunlight?
A lot of plants don't need much sunlight and there's always a little bit of sunlight is mountains.
> If a Grass type eats plants, is it considered an herbivore or a cannibal?
No.They use photosynthesis to produce food.
>>
>>27335896
if only Richard was like you
>>
File: blooming-pine-cones.jpg (2MB, 4320x2432px) Image search: [Google]
blooming-pine-cones.jpg
2MB, 4320x2432px
>>27335424
They are monsters, a kind of life we don't have in this world and could work different from shit we know. And Abomasnow doesn't look plant related because they make him more like a yeti, Snover had elements from a pine, a tree from icy regions
>>
>>27335896
So does Mew learn crabhammer or not?
>>
part two

> Why do some Grass types produce fruit; isn't the point of fruit so that animals eat it and carry the seeds around?
Yeah and your point is...?
>You could say that,yes,but if that's true,what about all the other fruits?
>Does that mean that Tropius are clones of each other?
Tropius's fruits,yes,tropius itself,no.
> If the banana plant is an herb and the banana itself is a berry, then why is Tropius a palm tree?
Tropius,fruits are not a mutual part of it's body.
>If one Tropius eats another Tropius's fruit is that considered kinky?
No.
>Why can Tropius fly?
Because pokemon logic.
>How does Tropius fly when it is a 100 kilogram animal with wings made of leaves?
Because pokemon logic.
>Why is Tropius a sauropod dinosaur?
No it's not.
>Why does Tropius look like it's wearing a poncho?
What is a poncho?This is not a rhetorical question,I want to know what a poncho is.
>What the fuck is Tropius?
A pokemon.
>>
>how do grass pokémon lay eggs?
>Lay eggs
>Lay
Pokemon eggs are "found", you arent told they were laid. For all we know they could be manufacturing their children using their feces and we will never know
>>
>>27339071

Chansey's dex:
>It lays several eggs in a day. The eggs are apparently rich in nutrients and extremely delicious.
>Chansey lays nutritionally excellent eggs on an everyday basis.
>>
>>27335896
Would the main games trump the Stadium games?

The pokedex may be unreliable, but surely we'd take those entries over companion entries anyway?
>>
>>27335424
Man, if grass types were real, it sure would make a lot of vegans and vegetarians consider their choices...
>>
>>27339373
No, because non Pokemon plants still exist and vegans and vegetarians mostly don't eat meat because of moral reasons.

Also, people don't really eat Pokemon (t. Masuda), so fuck off.
>>
>>27335424
JUST FLIPPING IGNORE THE GAME, YOU DIMWIT
>>
>>27339089
>>It lays several eggs in a day. The eggs are apparently rich in nutrients and extremely delicious.
>rich in nutrients and extremely delicious.
Those arent the pokemon eggs we hatch. Even if they were that's specific to Chansey and different pokemon could have different ways of producing eggs
>>
>>27335896

Pokémon stadium isn't canon.
Thread posts: 27
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.