[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

How old is too old to watch the main Pokemon anime and play the

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: valor.gif (293KB, 900x900px) Image search: [Google]
valor.gif
293KB, 900x900px
How old is too old to watch the main Pokemon anime and play the games?

I'm currently 48 but I feel most people here would be surprised to know I watch the main Pokemon anime and have been doing so since the beginning, if they knew me in real life.

Would you hate having a father/grandfather who knows more about your favorite hobby than you?
>>
>>27334810
53 year old here, no such thing as too old.

My grandkids don't play Pokemon and my kids think it's a kids' game so I'm the only one who plays mainline Pokemon games.
>>
>>27334810
Dude, it's Pokémon. You're never too old. Just do what you want and don't let anyone tell you otherwise.
>>
>>27334810
>How old is too old to x
Never. You'll regret letting age "decide" what you should and shouldn't do.
>>
31 yo here.

I love the main games. And id love to play the card games but i think that the rest of the people may see me as a pedo. So i dont play that.

I cannot see the anime because its boring and repetitive.
>>
File: repainted entei card.jpg (422KB, 560x750px) Image search: [Google]
repainted entei card.jpg
422KB, 560x750px
>>27334810
Hell no,anon, I'd be fucking ecstatic if my grandpa liked pokemon,but i can see why you would keep it a secret. Males can't even be themselves in this kind of society,and if you're american,you'd likely be considered a creep at best and a pedo at worst.
My advise? you keep doing what you like, without guilt,and share it only with people you are close with,or on a board like this one.
I wish you the best,Oldfag.
>>
Can the gameboy micro play all pokemon games pre DS or no? this question doesn't warrent its own thread so i just picked a random thread to ask in. Oh and i did check google and couldn'tget a straight answer.
>>
>>27334879
I think I remember reading that it's gba-only, but I might be remembering things wrong. If you want full compatibility, pick up an sp
>>
>How old is too old to watch the main Pokemon anime
The instant you're capable of rational thought.
>and play the games?
No such thing.
>>
Pokemon is Rated E for Everyone!

I think it'd be a little weird if you're still into the anime at 40+ but I don't judge!
>>
>>27334810
I really don't feel like there's an age limit as to what you should and shouldn't enjoy. Do what makes you happy. People won't give you the same reaction when you tell them you still watch Pokemon, but who cares.

Also, I think having a father/grandfather who knew more about Pokemon would be awesome since you'd be sharing a common interest. Having a father, in general, would be awesome. ;_;

>>27334879
Micro can only play GBA games.
SP and GBA can play GBA, Gameboy, and Gameboy Color games. Bless Nintendo for their backwards compatibility.
>>
>>27335374
So the micro can just play the gen 3 games if I'm understanding correctly?
>>
>>27334810
You're a cool father anon
>>
>being 48
>in 4chan
im not falling for this b8
>>
>>27334810
>53 year old
>>27334810
>48
>>27334868
>31 yo here.
I'm 26
i'm not sure if this makes me feel better or worse for being here
honestly makes me worried i'm going to be here forever
>>
>>27335837

there was 73 year old man on /k/
>>
>>27335374
I can adopt you my friend. I always have wanted to have a little brother whos into pokemon
>>
Why are there so many old people on 4chan? I just assumed everyone was underages and early twenty somethings.
>>
>>27334810
do whatever you want. im 21 but i know people who are a lot older that play
>>
>>27334810
30. Play the games. Don't really watch the anime at all really. I did when I was 10-13 and when it was on tho.
>>
File: here forever.png (258KB, 600x439px)
here forever.png
258KB, 600x439px
>>27335871
Don't forget, anon
>>
>>27334810
watching the anime still past the age of 10 is pretty odd, but playing the games is less frowned on.
In the end, just do what you like
>>
>>27334810
Can I ask what got a 28yo interested into Pokémon in the first place?

I can't imagine I'll be interested in some new kids' franchise when I'm that age
>>
25 and raising my first child, I don't see myself ever being "too old' for Pokemon. I can only hope she and my other future children love it as much as I do.
>>
I mean, if you're older than thirteen, you'll be called weird if you play anything other than go.
Really weird if over 20.
Really fucking weird past 30.

Just don't let anyone know and you'll be alright.
>>
>>27334868
You should play the card game, a lot of the players I see are actually older adults because they have the disposable income and strategic capacity. I myself am 19 and when I go to local tournaments and events I feel young.
>>
>>27334810
Asking if it's ok to like a game/show in a message board dedicated to that game or show. I feel like you don't really want to know the answer.
>>
I'm 20, and way too old to watch a show for KIDS! Do yourself a favour old timer, stick to GO
>>
File: 5 gens.png (294KB, 500x279px)
5 gens.png
294KB, 500x279px
>>27334810
12 for the pokemon cartoon
no age for games

as i am now, if my parants knew more about my hobbies than me id enjoy sharing my hobbies with them. if they start lecturing it'd be kinda annoying, so watch out for that.
>>
>>27334810
33 here, still play and enjoy the main games as well as some of the spinoffs.

I watch the anime sometimes, but mostly its a case of having it on in the background while I'm doing something else.

Generally speaking so long as you're not a sperg about these things it shouldn't be a problem. Sure you'll meet the odd person who'll think you're too old for things like that, but fuck em, you're an adult, watch what you want.
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.