[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>we'll never get another gen of just cross-generational

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 22
Thread images: 5

File: Tangrowth_Call_of_Legends.jpg (208KB, 1152x832px) Image search: [Google]
Tangrowth_Call_of_Legends.jpg
208KB, 1152x832px
>we'll never get another gen of just cross-generational evolutions

Why even live
>>
File: 464Rhyperior[1].png (136KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
464Rhyperior[1].png
136KB, 431x431px
>>27331740

Everyone hated the Gen 4 ones, remember?

Why should GF both when nostalgiafags are just going complain about their "favorite" Pokemon being "ruined"?
>>
File: 1466042035733.jpg (50KB, 600x450px) Image search: [Google]
1466042035733.jpg
50KB, 600x450px
>>27331740

While I liked every new Evo we got in Gen IV (inb4 LOLYOUHAVESHITTASTEANON) I do think that an entire generation made up of mostly new Evos for old Pokemon was a bit overboard. It distracted from there being new Pokemon a bit too much and stunted Gen IV's ability to feel like it's own, distinct Pokemon ecosystem.

I don't want new Evos for old Pokemon to define a Generation. They should have interspersed the new Evos from Gen IV throughout IV, V, and VI, rather than just dumping them all in one generation.
>>
Babies, Evos, and Megas were all controversial. I don't know if Gen VIII will add more cross-gen evos but eh. There'll always be haters around even though evolutions generally improve pokemon thanks to Eviolite.
>>
>>27331740
>yanmega
>porygon-z
>gliscor
>weavile
>froslass
>roserade
>magnezone
>mamoswine
>honchkrow
>mismagius

Gen 4's cross evolutions were great.
>>
>>27331740
The older I get the more I appreciate Generation 4

Like honestly as a kid I kind of liked it but the more I replay it the better it gets - I miss all of these evolutions
>>
>>27331780
I want to believe that mega evolution was a direct response to cross-generational evolutions. Like they were too afraid to "ruin" anything so they changed up existing designs and threw in hefty buffs to keep people happy.
>>
>>27331780
But most people think positively about Electivire, Weavile, and Gliscor.
Rhyperior's existence only made Rhydon better.
Same goes for Magmortar, though many weren't fond of Magmar to begin with.

>"But, what about megas? My bro can't get one now."
Eviolite is, in most cases, better than what a mega could have done.
>>
>>27331908
Do people actually say this?
Their bro can get a mega still. It'd just be on their final evo.
>>
>>27331926
They won't consider Rhyperior's mega to be Rhydon's.
They have nostalgic tunnel vision and only see potential in things they already wanted potential in.
>>
>>27331908
>"But, what about megas? My bro can't get one now."
I feel like this complaint in only present with the Plasma Duo and Rhydon. Most cross gen evos were given to Johto's strange line up of one off shitmon and while I do consider some them cool (i.e Aipom, Murkrow, Gligar etc.) their formal evolution help them out much more than a glorified +100 base stat boost and ability change
>>
>>27331991
The thing is, they always reintroduce features from previous evolutionary stages in mega evolution (see Salamence and Tyrannitar), and the mega evolution patches up the Pokémon's flaws and press them up to viable. There's no real reason not to appreciate an evolutionary line expanding. If you you like a preevolution, then good. They don't make you evolve it. Enjoy your preevolution.
>>
>>27332057
*And patches them up to be more viable
>>
>>27331853
>I want to believe that mega evolution was a direct response to cross-generational evolutions. Like they were too afraid to "ruin" anything so they changed up existing designs and threw in hefty buffs to keep people happy.
Pretty sure that's exactly what they said in one of the interviews leading up to X and Y.
>>
>>27332074
It was more along the lines of, "we made megas so that people won't forget about old pokémon". They even went to reference Blastoise, who would have never gotten an evolution if it weren't for Megas.
>>
I like Megas, but they should only be for Pokemon with full lines. Otherwise, I prefer new Evolutions entirely. Gen 4 was the best Gen for me, and new Evos helped that a lot.
>>
I'm still mad Jynx didn't get an evo in gen IV like the others in the trio
>>
>>27332145
Someone needs to make an image with all the explanations of why Jynx was in a trio with those two.
It triggers me whenever someone claims she wasn't, especially when they say she's Mr. Mime's counterpart.
>>
>>27332181
Well Jynx certainly isn't a counterpart any more.
>>
>>27332233
I know, that's why I said was/wasn't.
>>
>>27332181
She is Mr. Mime's counterpart, that is why neither received Evos. :^)
>>
>>27332145
>trio
A wild mr. Meme appeared
Thread posts: 22
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.