[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

What's up with the awful level distribution in HGSS? >clair's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 11
Thread images: 1

File: 1467223088895.jpg (40KB, 261x260px) Image search: [Google]
1467223088895.jpg
40KB, 261x260px
What's up with the awful level distribution in HGSS?
>clair's pokemon are roughly late 30s to early 40s in level
>the route right outside of the town (route 45) averages at roughly 28 in terms of level
what the fuck
i know wild pokemon are lower in level, but roughly 10 below the gyms?
its even worse if you need to grind to get some lower level 'mons higher
>>
tfw adding swinub to my team
>>
HGSS didn't fix the two biggest issues with GSC

Level scaling and pokemon distribution

Level scaling is still fucking shit, and Pokemon distribution was only made slightly better(the new route to the safari zone and the pokewalker).

Thankfully, romhacks alienate both of these issues and make HGSS great. Now if only HGSS weren't buggy as fuck on emulators and didn't crash randomly out of nowhere every so often.
>>
>>27331732
that is why i played that once
tried to nuzlocke it but the endless grinding made me stop before i reached claire
>>
>>27331772
>alienate
You mean alleviate you inept monkey.
>>
>>27331772
>>27331904
the correct word is in fact ameliorate
>>
>>27331732
It's pretty bad. HGSS went the extra step of blocking off Ice Path until you finished off Team Rocket, unlike in G/S where you could go beforehand. They have no excuse for the shit level curve past that point, since they force you to a linear path then.
>>
>>27331772
Decrypt the rom and all your crashing problems will disappear.
>>
>>27331732
They wanted to make these games non-linear so you could chose whether to go to lake rage or heal Amphy so they needed to keep both paths at around the same level.

As always happens with GF, it was a good idea but with poor execution.

What they could've done is that the moment you decide for a path (either Olivine or Mahogany) then they block the other one

Wanna go and save Ampharos first?
>Sorry champ, there was a landslide on Mt. Mortar so we can't let you go this way

Wanna beat team rocket first?
>Sorry champ, we got reports of team rocket terrorizing poor MooMoo so we can't let you go this way

Then once you finish whatever business you decided to do first the other path would be unlocked and all pokemon would escalate according to your strongest 'mon + 1-10 levels

That's what i'd have done anyway.
>>
>>27331732
It's just like the good old days. You're just too young to appreciate how shit the level scaling in Gen 2 is.
>>
>>27332979
Not him, but I haven;t been able to grind in a game since Silver.
No fucking clue how a 13 year old me got multiple Pokemon to level 100 in that game.
Thread posts: 11
Thread images: 1

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.