[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is it just me or are intermediate evolutions way more aesthetic

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 33
Thread images: 6

File: 156000.png (304KB, 1080x1080px) Image search: [Google]
156000.png
304KB, 1080x1080px
Is it just me or are intermediate evolutions way more aesthetic than final evolutions?
>>
>quilladin
>>
I personally don't like either but Typhlosion's still better than Quilava.

Cyndaquil deserved better.
>>
At least you didn't post Braixen
>>
>>27331665

>way more aesthetic

You keep using that word. I don't think that word means what you think it means.
>>
File: 1467243766738.gif (408KB, 500x345px) Image search: [Google]
1467243766738.gif
408KB, 500x345px
>>27331665
>Nidorino
>nidorina
>ivysaur
>lairon
>dragonair
>kirlia

Off the top of my head, yea there's more than a few. Dunno if it's a majority tho
>>
>>27331665
aesthetically horrible.
>>
>>27331737
Solid reference
>>
>>27331665
You're not alone! Lyra though the same way when she raped my quilava
>>
File: 1441513719882.png (212KB, 326x293px) Image search: [Google]
1441513719882.png
212KB, 326x293px
>>27331665
I disagree with you on all of them. Except Vigoroth and Dragonair who function and act very differently to be compared with their evos.
>>
>>27331665
>>27331860
please no I'm having flashbacks
>>
Aesthetically what?

Aesthetic doesn't mean anything when you use it as an adjective like that.

It's like saying "Is it just me or does picture look visual?"
It doens't make any fucking sense.
>>
File: just chillin.jpg (77KB, 544x515px) Image search: [Google]
just chillin.jpg
77KB, 544x515px
>>27331936
why have flashbacks when you can re-experience it in full :^)
http://pastebin.com/BaXhigSK
>>
Because they are designed to feel like "adolescent" versions, while the 3rd stage feels like an adult.

"We" as a 12 year old collective (except me, I'm like 28 lol) tend to think our relative peers are hip, cool, and neat-o.
>>
>>27331953
Are you sure? Not OP, but I'm pretty sure it can be used as an adjective to just mean it's pleasant to look at.
>>
>>27332176
Then you should say aesthetically pleasant or just pleasant to look at. Or you can say "pretty" or "beautiful." Aesthetic is a category, concerning beauty--saying something is "aesthetic" just means it exists visually, so we can apply judgments of beauty to it, whether positive or negative.
>>
>>27332252
There's certainly a definition of 'aesthetic' as an adjective that simply means it's designed to look appealing. I can't say I use the word that way, but it doesn't seem wrong to me. Even if that wasn't the case, it's being used that way now, and that's simply what the word will come to mean to many. Either way, it's not wrong.
>>
>>27331681
Alo
Mo
Mo
La
>>
File: 148Dragonair_AG_anime.png (24KB, 752x776px) Image search: [Google]
148Dragonair_AG_anime.png
24KB, 752x776px
>>27331804
Dragonair is pretty neat. Dragonite is a big fucking misunderstanding. Fucking orange turd.
>>
>>27332370
>There's certainly a definition of 'aesthetic' as an adjective that simply means it's designed to look appealing.
No there isn't. If you say a product looks aesthetic, you've basically said it looks like it has a quality of beauty or ugliness. It's like saying "that product is in the category of objects about which we make judgments of beauty."
"That food is taste."
"That lamp is brightness."
>>
>>27332400
Alomomola

--->

alomomolA

holy shit how the fuck have I never seen this
>>
>>27331665
Preevo - baby pokemon, simple, cute blobs.
Intermediate evo - teen pokemon. cute, cool and best aesthetic. perfect.
Final evo - adult pokemon - angry, overdesigned piece of shit.
>>
>>27332410
http://www.merriam-webster.com/dictionary/aesthetic
>c : pleasing in appearance : attractive
And like I said, the way it is used recently is something many people understand, means it can't really be wrong. Dictionaries only really document the use of a word, if the use of a word changes enough, so will the meaning.
>>
>>27331665
Middle evos are the most forgettable and uninteresting of all the designs in general. There are a few exceptions like Dragonair but in most cases it's just filler, especially with cocoon stage bugs. Those are just pointless.
>>
>>27332519
Oh so you're a furry, gotcha.
>>
>>27332553
Were you supposed to reply somebody else?
>>
>>27331804
>Lairon
How is Lairon better than Aggron ? Aron is cute and Aggron just looks like a big steel kaiju, but Lairon's just a... quadrupedal ugly thing ? I never saw the appeal of it.

On topic, Frogadier and Haunter are god tier
>>
>>27332519
>erriam webster
descriptivist rag
>>
Mid stage starter in general tend to have solid designs
>>
>>27331737
This is what I came here for
>>
>>27332370
The way aesthetic can be used as an adjective is if you're using it like "blah blah blah gives me aesthetic pleasure"

The word, "aesthetic," just means something's visual quality. Saying something has aesthetic doesn't mean anything. He could've said GOOD or BETTER aestheticS or are aesthetically more appealing but the way OP used the word is wrong. No way around it
>>
I want to marry Braixen!
>>
>>27332584
Just prefer it to the bipedals with a horn I guess? Also think ryhorn is better than rhydon aesthetically.. Personal preference I suppose
Thread posts: 33
Thread images: 6

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.