[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Can you change your DS' country to Canada to get pokemon

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 30
Thread images: 4

File: bg_home_main_short_pc.png (3MB, 1920x999px) Image search: [Google]
bg_home_main_short_pc.png
3MB, 1920x999px
Can you change your DS' country to Canada to get pokemon SM earlier if you live in Europe ?
>>
I actually have no idea
>>
>>27331018
No. You have to get the 3DS in the country. Unless you are talking about a physical release.
>>
>>27331061
I'm talking about downloading it from the eShop while I set my DS' country to Canada
>>
>>27331073
You have to buy a North American 3DS then.
>>
>>27331018
Canada uses the North American region lock.

You can, however, change it to Australia to get it early.
>>
File: 1468958202604.jpg (113KB, 1280x720px) Image search: [Google]
1468958202604.jpg
113KB, 1280x720px
hardware and games are region locked

unless you feel like spending money and having a dedicated import machine, you're better waiting
>>
>>27331018
isn't Straya part of the EU region for Nintendo? just switch to their country
>>
Why do grown up people care so much about getting a game 1 week sooner or later?
>>
>>27331256
>why do people feel excitement?
>>
>>27331256
>be part of /vp/ as they play through the game synchronously and make magical discoveries together
vs
>watch from outside as /vp/ play through the game and only get to get your own hands on it once the magic is gone
gee, I sure wonder why one is preferable to the other
>>
>>27331256

I get it. If you have to wait that week, you're excluded from a week's worth of discussion and discoveries. I wouldn't care if it was a game without an online community that I participate in, but because it is, I'm glad I don't have to wait that week.
>>
Come on europoor it's a week

Can you not wait 7 fucking days?
>>
>>27331018
It's based on the country you registered on the eshop, not the console one. It they are different, magical things will happen.
>>
>>27331331
see
>>27331301
>>
you do Not want the Canadian version of SM

the character sprites will have floppy heads that bounce about when they are talking.

and the graphics will be all in 8bit.
>>
>>27331018
If you somehow have a 3DS that hasn't been updated since, what, 2013? Yes you can change the settings so it goes to the American E-shop.
Otherwise you have to hack your 3DS or just wait.
>>
>>27331018
>>>/vg/hbg
>>
>>27331018
Just install CFW
>>
>>27331018
No because it will reject your payment information since it's outside of the eShop's region. If you have a North American card though it might work.
>>
File: 1469294722435.jpg (91KB, 475x483px) Image search: [Google]
1469294722435.jpg
91KB, 475x483px
>>27331073
If you got A9LH and an O3DS(XL) you can do a region swap. Even then, you could get the game for free anyways so it's kind of useless to do it.
>>
>>27331216
>hardware and games are region locked
>games are region locked

I don't think that's true any more, anon.
>>
>>27331061
In which case you're implying it would work?
>>
>>27331018
You could import a physical copy from Australia/New Zealand. Some places will ship earlier than release day so that you (hopefully) get it by release day. NZGameshop/OzGameshop does that, if I remember correctly. Mighty Ape too.
>>
>>27332768
It is true, you fucking inbred retard.

Besides, without CFW, you can't change your region then change back and retain a working game. I would not bother.
>>
>>27331301
>be a part of /vp/ and get the entire game spoiled by leaked copies being streamed, deal with everyone blowing up autistically about whether a twitter pic from a Japanese gamer is real or fake, watch the board dissolve into crying because the game is either missing an old feature from 3 gens ago that was never used again or hyped before release or some big feature /vp/ was expecting to be hidden wasn't there, a billion threads for small features that can net you easier training or catching pokemon easier because "lol I didn't see one in the first 5 seconds", giveaway threads full of butthurt that things aren't fast enough or people from reddit are taking /vp/'s Pokemon, generals constantly making new threads and bitching that they get archived in 5 minutes rather than giving up, and a constant stream of "HOW DO I LEAVE MY HOUSE" tier posts and threads outside of the stupid questions threads that will still never be stickied

I can't wait for the magic, friendo
>>
>>27331018
I did this with Alpha Sapphire and it works perfectly fine.
>>
Can't wait for someonw to get it a week early and dump the rom
>>
Just homebrew your damn 3ds.
Hell, it will give you access to the game before it's even in stores.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NOAZPj10DtQ
>>
File: 1441405759301.png (4MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
1441405759301.png
4MB, 1920x1080px
>>27331216
Slut
Thread posts: 30
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.