[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

We havent had a proper TCG thread in over a week now. What gives?

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 217
Thread images: 31

File: Steam-Siege-Prerelease-Promos.jpg (194KB, 1543x597px) Image search: [Google]
Steam-Siege-Prerelease-Promos.jpg
194KB, 1543x597px
We havent had a proper TCG thread in over a week now. What gives?

Prerelease is today. Who's going? I'm about to head out. Hopefully I do as good as my Gyradose EX + Mega pull like I did in Breakpoint
>>
>>27326373
tcg isnt popular on the board, i got prerelease in a couple hours im hoping for the xerneas or yveltal
>>
PMG pretty much drowned out the threads so no one bothered.

Anyways, any guesses on how much Volcanion/Steelix/Magearna EX are gonna go for at release?
>>
>>27326398

What changed? We used to have consistent back-to-back TCGO generals that always reached bump limit
>>
>>27326404
i dunno i always preferred the physical card game vs online, maybe when rotation hits it'll come back
>>
Gonna get a booster box in a couple of weeks. Haven't bothered with the cards since Boundaries Crossed, I think. Any suggestions on a good set? Also got the 20th Anniversary Elite box pre-ordered.
>>
>>27326450
20th anniversery box is already released though. It's available on pokemon center. Roaring Skies is a great set but because of the value of the cards the booster box typically is more expensive than other booster boxes, really ancient origins, breakpoint, breakthrough, and fates collide have their share of great cards but roaring skies is the best one
>>
>>27326500
Doesn't get a release until 14th of September here, or at least on any store I've looked. Importing it would cost a lot more than £30, so I'm fine with waiting a bit for that price. And thanks, I'll look in to them and see which one I can afford/has the cards I prefer.
>>
Pokemon go killed tcg
>>
>>27326373
Today I bought two new packs for the first time in roughly 15 years (with the Fossil packs). I received a Regirock EX and a Mew card, which basically gives me the urge to start collecting again.
>>
>>27328471
Those are worthless common crap. Fuck off if you aren't even going to do some research before posting.
>>
>>27328558
I did some research beforehand, son. The fact that Regirock EX is only worth 6 dollars, doesn't mean it looks like shit.
>>
>>27328596
It is not worth 6 dollars. You're fucking delusional. You don't know what you're talking about.
>>
>>27326404
Go killed our groove.
>>
>>27328612
Google it, son. It's worth six dollars.
>>
If you buy the prerelease packs, do they come with the online codes?
>>
File: 20160723_144024.jpg (2MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_144024.jpg
2MB, 4128x2322px
Got two Ancient Origins codes. Here, have them.
>>
>>27329829
Damnit. Thought these threads were dead enough to nab them 7 minutes later.
>>
File: 2016-07-22 16.55.37.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
2016-07-22 16.55.37.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
>>27328471
>>27328558
>>27328596
>>27328612
Don't listen to this faggot. Regirock and Mew are actually two of the most valuable cards competition-wise from Fates Collide. I also think the Mew looks pretty dope. Enjoy collecting again broski.
>>
>>27328558

Jesus fucking Christ, go kill yourself, retard.
>>
>>27330666
Is Mew actually all that good? I feel like even though he's practically a 1 prize Mew-EX, the HP makes a difference.
>>
>>27327673
Negative. Got me back into with buying Generations booster pack collections. I have a Venusaur and Blastoise figurines now.
>>
>>27330666
Thanks, man. Looking forward to buying packs again.
>>
>>27327673
it's only helping the tcg

but man is it killing the threads
>>
God, I can't wait to get some decent cards to build a deck out of. Theme is killing me deeply inside.

>Other guy has Battler Ruler
>First Pokémon is Zygarde
>3 energies perfectly lined up

every fucking time
>>
>>27326373
For some reason, the only places around me are doing the pre-release on the 31st.

I've never really been to one, do they give shit for PTCGO? Because I really only play online, if anything I wanna go for online codes, and to get good cards I can re-sell to buy online shit.
>>
>>27331620
I follow and read about the meta without playing, so I can't tell you if it's "all that good", but I do know it's very versatile and fits in a lot of good decks (most notably Night March). With its Psychic typing and Memories of Dawn, you can use a plethora of good attacks with one less energy or just bypass some cards' effects (like beating an AOR Regice in a EX-heavy deck).
>>
>>27332286
Should have precised, by "one less energy", I meant to add "thanks to Dimension Valley".
>>
File: IMG.jpg (4MB, 4160x2340px) Image search: [Google]
IMG.jpg
4MB, 4160x2340px
I just bought a booster pack after 10 years, is Bridgette a good card?
>>
When do steam siege codes start working? The pre release box codes work and have a countdown on them but the booster codes don't. Do they just wait till Aug 3rd for the boosters?
>>
File: image.jpg (93KB, 777x728px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
93KB, 777x728px
Got some Furious Fists and Primal Clash packs at Target. Ended up with a FA Lucario EX and a Primal Kyogre EX
>>
Why on earth is the fighting challenge from last week back?
>>
>>27333332
FA's are always good.
>>
>>27333410
I think it's whenever the client updates with the cards. Which could be set release date or give or take a whole week depending on how competent TPCi is feeling.

Keep in mind that the Trainer Club being down could affect it.
>>
>want to play the TCG again with actual people
>go the comic shop on the day they set aside for Pokemon
>it's all tweens/young teens

Nope.
>>
>>27333935
Kids are kind of fun to play with though if they're not the "don't give a fuck, dragged here by their sperg parents" kind.

The kids here who have a genuine interest in the game are really good sometimes since it's one of the easiest card games. There's like a 12 year old girl at my locals who really likes the game and her dad is really good too, so they build decks together and playtest against eachother all the time. The two regularly take half the top 4 spots when we have smaller tourneys.
>>
File: 55.jpg (75KB, 400x557px) Image search: [Google]
55.jpg
75KB, 400x557px
Is this viable?
>>
>>27334014
I don't want to be the only adult playing with kids. Especially when I'm a fat neckbeard.
>>
>>27334102
People used it in Manectric/Regice a lot, but Manectric usage is dropping recently because everyone is building their decks to counter it (Gallade in YZG, Carbink Zygarde gaining traction, etc)
>>
>>27334141
I can never get Gallade set up regularly.
>>
>>27334178
It took me fucking with my deck a lot to get it to where I can set up Gallade like, 7 out of every 10 games that I need to.
>>
>long time mtg player
>friend commits suicide, pokemon go comes out
>hide in nostalgia to avoid the pain
>try out the pokemon tcgo app on my tablet

Holy shit, it is so much better than hearthstone or mtgo. Even their means of unlocking new cards feels pretty reasonable, why is mtgo such shit.
>>
>>27334236
Yeah one of the big things I like about this is getting cards is a piece of piss in comparison to the others.

If it wasn't for the Blizzard branding Hearthstone would have floundered when it comes to getting free shit.
>>
Just got back from pre release. my little brother pulled 5 ultras including secret volcanion from his 7 packs...I pulled jack all. But i recorded the whole thing and uploaded it. Feeels gud. Why are pre releases so fun?
>>
>>27334467
Hello Yusuf
>>
>>27334467
>Why are pre releases so fun?
It feeds the pack opening addiction that most TCGplayers have, but doesn't feel as bad because you're "saving money" on it.
>>
Not sure if anyone knows here but how much could I sell my German Pokemon cards for? They're all either Gen 1 or Gen 2 and all holographic in near perfect condition. I'm not home at the moment to take pictures of them all. There's around 50-60 Pokemon and then more trainer cards.
Help is appreciated.
>>
>>27334535
oh.. Hi anon
>>27334555
Yeah thats true. Really damn fun opening a new set expecially if its early!. I generally lose it when i get good cards. All part of the fun.
>>
>>27334617
Generally a couple dollars at most.

Check ebay for the more notable-looking cards, but just being shiny doesn't actually mean it's worth money. It'll be worth 15 cents instead of 10 cents most of the time. Most people don't want old cards since they're not legal to play using. The collector's market looks for very specific, mint condition preserved cards. And I doubt you had any of your cards graded back in 1997.
>>
>>27334685
Thank you very much. At this point then I don't know if I should leave them in my cupboard or give them away or actually take photos of them all and go through the trouble of trying to sell them.
>>
>>27334747
You can probably sell it as a lot online. Lots of 500 cards can usually go for like 20-30 bucks around here depending on how many buzzwords you use. If you say "500 RARE HOLO NEAR MINT" and place a bunch of the better cards on top of the pile, you could probably get like 40-50. Assuming you have 500 cards, of course.
>>
>had a decent collection of the 1st gen cards
>took decent care of them, but was disorganized as fuck
>lost some of my favorites, never put them into storage with the bulk of them while others were stolen by the shitfaced neighbor kid

Is it worth it to go and buy cards to fill the holes in my set, or is it pointless? Most of the ones that were lost/taken were higher tier or popular Pokemon but I don't know the actual card values (Zapdos, all three starter final evolutions, Pikachu promo card from the first movie, etc.)
>>
>>27334787
No, I don't have 500 cards. Plus they're all German and I don't think the market for those would be as big as English cards. I do have the important ones though like starters, all Eevee evolutions, legendary trio plus others and then a lot of trainer and team rocket cards as well. But again, they're German and I don't have 500.
>>
>>27326373
>We havent had a proper TCG thread in over a week now. What gives?
not being able to log in sure doesn't help.
>>
Just got it today

Boosters are legit
>>
>>27334467
Saw it dude u have potential

Why not post your vids places since they seem fun?
>>
>>27334952
Thank you anon though im not too sure about that. I wouldent enjoy random dislikes from people for no reason. Wouldent really be helpful to my depression. I prefer less people to see but thanks.
>>
Which FA out of the new set do you guys want as a collector? Id like a Magearna or Volcanion
>>
File: GardevoirEXCruelTraitor59.jpg (261KB, 360x505px) Image search: [Google]
GardevoirEXCruelTraitor59.jpg
261KB, 360x505px
>>27335324
Gardevoir. Every single Gardevoir-EX that isn't by Eske Yoshinob or 5ban's shitty models has amazing art.
>>
Does anyone know what's actually inside the evolution pack things at the prereleases? I missed the Fates Collide prereleases and the steam siege one is tomorrow.
>>
How do i stop getting stomped out by damage change mewtwo?

What can i add besides i add fates collide mew?
>>
>>27335670
What deck are you playing? Night March should have pumpkaboos/mews to kill it. Cabink is entirely immune. I think Yveltal should be able to OHKO it depending on energy counts.
>>
>>27335357
Mitsuhiro Arita is so fucking top-tier. I always recognize his art instantly.
>>
>>27335357
I wish i had this...
>>
>>27335705
>Cabink is entirely immune.

Carbink creates a stalemate because for some reason the Mewtwo damage change mechanic allows it to heal even if it doesn't move any damage which is fucked up.
>>
>>27335807
You're just meant to set up your bench with Carbink Break's attack until you can OHKO Mewtwo with your other Pokemon though.

Or at least get a stadium up so you can stop them from damage changing since Fighting Stadium and All Cells Burn is an OHKO.
>>
Just read up on prerelease stuff.

Missed out, but I'll keep it in mind for next time.

I read you get a bunch of free stuff and boosters as prizes. Anyone know what the entry fee is generally?
>>
went to prerelease today, went 3-0 and opened volcanion ex with the bonus packs. first time ive went anywhere for a pokemon thing
>>
>>27335963
Anywhere from 15-30 bucks depending on the store.

If you have more than one local store, a lot of them do it on sundays instead of fridays and saturdays. You can see if you didn't entirely miss out yet.
>>
File: mewtwo.jpg (1MB, 1340x2780px) Image search: [Google]
mewtwo.jpg
1MB, 1340x2780px
my updated mewtwo collection if any of you were interested.

pretty much complete now
>>
File: MewtwoStrikesBackCoroCoroPromo.jpg (55KB, 400x550px) Image search: [Google]
MewtwoStrikesBackCoroCoroPromo.jpg
55KB, 400x550px
>>27336346
This is some balls-deep dedication. Very nice.
You planning on getting this one? Not sure if it counts as 'Mewtwo', per se.
>>
>>27336346
Damn dude.

Any other pokemon you did it for?
>>
>>27336346
This is awesome.
>>
File: 186g216.jpg (123KB, 900x1600px) Image search: [Google]
186g216.jpg
123KB, 900x1600px
Was at a local hoby store and I decided to buy a booster pack for nostalgia. Got this holo Zygarde. Was pretty happy with it.
>>
File: image.jpg (3MB, 4032x3024px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
3MB, 4032x3024px
I meant to post this earlier, just really high.
>>
File: mega audino.png (749KB, 929x581px) Image search: [Google]
mega audino.png
749KB, 929x581px
>>27335705
One of the decks I really want to try out is mega audino. Pic related is my list.

fuck shaymin

I'm not sure what I can do to win the match up.
>>
>>27337357
Against what? There's no Shaymin deck really,
>>
hi im new to tcg, going to buy some cards for me and my friend to start.

he likes dragons and i like fairy / poison pokemon. What should I buy?
>>
>>27337833
Starter decks
>>
Work made me not able to do the prerelease but ill get some packs when it comes out...also theres a few singles I want in there for my deck
>>
>>27337859
I can't even figure out what's what.

So the two relevant starter decks are the Xerneas and Yvetal ones? I don't mind the Xerneas one but my friend wants Dragons.
>>
>>27337891
I personally love the Xerneas one, even though some of the cards in it are about to rotate out of Standard format. It has a lot of useful cards to keep for later on. As for Dragons, they don't really make Dragon theme decks. You see, there is no Dragon basic energy, all the Dragon type cards just use two other types of energy, you should look into that. Maybe get the Zapdos deck from Roaring Skies and add in some Dragonites? They use the same energies as that deck(elec/grass)
>>
>>27337903
Oh I just looked at that and it says it has some Dragonites in it so that's perfect.

When you say rotate out of standard format, how long do these cards stay in standard for?
>>
>>27326373

>all Australian prereleases near me are one the 30th

Might go, seems like it could be fun.

Might actually go to one though
>>
>>27337903
http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Steam_Siege_(TCG)

Can you explain what Fever burst figher and cruel traitor is?
>>
File: Untitled.png (441KB, 304x554px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
441KB, 304x554px
Just recently opened a pack of Fate Collide and there were no commons in the pack. It seemed as though the commons were replaced with rares, uncommons were next and then the normal reverse holo (which was also rare) and then the normal rare.

Is this something that has been documented before of happening? Is it a screw up in the factory or is this something that is suppose to happen just very rarely?

Also, there were no holos besides the reverse holo rare. Think all the rares were Mothim, Mr. Mime, Rotom, Lugia, Barbarcle, Renuniclus and Carbink (reverse)
>>
>>27337911
rotations last a year. for 2017, everything from Primal Clash on is legal. Your cards in question, if they are rotating out for 2017, will last until September for Standard play.

Not that it really matters. Just play theme decks. I'm pretty sure you can play whatever theme deck you want against each other. Then get better decks when you're bored with them.
>>
>>27337941
It's the name of the Steam Siege's set in Japan.
>>
File: 2ut.png (126KB, 824x494px) Image search: [Google]
2ut.png
126KB, 824x494px
Was this a bad deal?
>>
What's the best way to sell off old Pokemon Cards?
Also, is there a good site to assess the value of older cards?
>>
>>27337793
>>27335670
>>
Maybe this time we can have more usable Pokemon EX. Kind of a bummer to have any pokemon ex cards useless at all.
>>
>>27338928
One question. Why?
>>
>>27338991
There is a big problem with useless cards EX or not, there are just too many of them and often there is a massive power gap.
>>
File: 20160724_150648.jpg (2MB, 3264x1836px) Image search: [Google]
20160724_150648.jpg
2MB, 3264x1836px
I'd been looking for a red eyes black dragon for a while now so I'm pretty happy to have found the metal version. Sucks that I can't use it without the original black eyes + metalmorph but I can buy those online so fuck it.
>>
>>27339009
1. I am not sure the price of anything.
2. I think one vs seeker costs one fates collide pack at the most. Generations packs may cost more than fates collide packs.
>>
How much should I get a Volcanion EX for? They're at 13 bucks right now on Ebay.
>>
>>27339043
Hey buddy, I think you've got the wrong door, the YGO club's two blocks down.
>>
>>27338928
Completely bad. I got my seekers on random trades...
>>
>>27339025
And now theyre killing them with Safeguard and whatnot
>>
File: noyou.png (6KB, 576x88px) Image search: [Google]
noyou.png
6KB, 576x88px
>>27339142
Where the fuck did my (You) go?
>>
>>27339148
I traded my vs seekers for the generations packs.
>>
>>27339227
in that picture
>>
>>27338040
Anyone got an answer for this?
>>
cough
>>
>>27340048
ing
>>
So are there going to be any must have pokemon in steam siege?
>>
>>27339048
I'd say you're trading up. Not sure if you can manage to get 30 GEN packs, but it's what some people are asking for for Shaymin-EX. Versus the standard 40-50+ they want with FC.
>>
In November 2000, Uri Geller, a man claiming to be a psychic who is able to bend spoons with psychic powers, tried to sue Nintendo for £60 million ($86.93 million at the time), claiming that Kadabra, known as Yungerer in Japan, was an unauthorized parody of himself.[9] Besides Kadabra's use of bent spoons to enhance its psychic powers, the katakana for its name (ユンゲラー) is visually similar to the transliteration of his own name into Japanese (ユリゲラー). Another claim was that Kadabra's design is antisemitic in nature due to the star on its forehead and the lightning bolts resembling the logo of the Waffen-SS. He is quoted as saying "Nintendo turned me into an evil, occult Pokémon character. Nintendo stole my identity by using my name and my signature image." The symbols themselves are taken from those used on Zener cards, which have been used to conduct research into psychic abilities.

As a result, there has not been a Kadabra card in the Trading Card Game since Skyridge in 2003 and Kadabra has not appeared in the Pokémon anime since Fear Factor Phony, perhaps as a precaution against Geller's history of lawsuits. This is further hinted at by Masamitsu Hidaka's interview with PokéBeach in July 2008,[10] where he claims that usage of Kadabra on a card is not allowed until an agreement was reached and that the case would not be settled anytime soon.

Abra and Alakazam cards have continued to be printed, despite the fact that this makes it impossible to play Alakazam cards in matches that prevent the use of older cards without a card that specifically allows evolved Pokémon to be played. However, the only Abra card released after Skyridge, in Mysterious Treasures, has an attack that allows it to evolve directly into Alakazam, skipping the Kadabra stage. Although this is probably a coincidence, the Everstone in the core series games from Generation IV onward fails to prevent Kadabra's evolution into Alakazam.

Holy fuck I never knew this
>>
File: IMG_20160724_193515.jpg (3MB, 2448x3264px) Image search: [Google]
IMG_20160724_193515.jpg
3MB, 2448x3264px
After seeing this thread i looked for some old cards i still have and i found some old stuff i used to be proud as fucn even if they weren't that much expensives(you know, as a kid i usually rated the cards on how much they were shiny or cool)
Pic related are the most expensives card i have found (even if they're worth just a bunch of euros).

Always loved that articuno
>>
File: image.jpg (1MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
1MB, 3264x2448px
Event organizer gave me a STAFF promo on the downlow

I have no intentions of selling, but how rare are they, exactly? 1 per event? 4 per event?

Do they get pricey? Or are they not typically sought after?
>>
>>27339234
>>27339227
Then you majorly won
>>
>>27341429

Yeah, I always liked cards based on how cool they looked as well. Even now.
>>
File: image.jpg (2MB, 3264x2448px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
2MB, 3264x2448px
>all these cards I got for free
>still no Base Set revive

GOD FUCKING DAMNIT, LITERALLY THE ONLY CARD I BEED TO COMPLETE THE SET

Atleast I got over 80 Neo-era cards I didn't have, I guess.
>>
>>27341463
hey dude. Can I give you some advice? Start taking Vitamin D and C chewables. You should get some for like $5
>>
Anyone on PTCGO know how much I should offer for a Celebi Prime?
>>
>>27341500
Base set is getting reprinted though?
>>
>>27341708

It isn't, it is going to be a set that references heavily on Base Set (and the original 151 Pokemons)

>2016
>Still believe in any false rumours of Base Set being reprinted considering that they will mostly be worthless in terms of playability
>>
Looking back at the black and white theme decks they were fucking trash even compared to the XY theme decks.
>>
>>27341468
>>27341055

thank you anons
>>
>>27341708

It's going to have base set reprints, but it's not going to be BASE set. The set will be called "evolutions"

I need a revive from base set, not any other set because that doesn't count.
>>
I'm ordering a generations elite box later today, pray to arceus I pull some good shit.
>>
>>27340671
xerneas break and the regualar gardevoir ex paired with the mega from primal clash will make a really good deck
>>
>>27342079

Neat, I got the break at my Prerelease
>>
>>27336346
>that one electric mewtwo
>>
>>27337357
audino works better with dark support
>>
File: 20160723_174733.jpg (3MB, 4128x2322px) Image search: [Google]
20160723_174733.jpg
3MB, 4128x2322px
Well, well. Got a full art Giratina-EX. Pretty nice.
>>
Prerelease stories?
>both full art supporters pulled after tournament
>literally every deck was fire/water
>prerelease 22 card 'evolution packs' pushed you in a certain direction so less variety
>people with evolution packs with more draw support more likely to win and it's completely possible to deck out
>samurott instant KOs if defending pokemon is left with 60HP or less after damage is dealt which is unique
>Yanmega is crazy powerful
>>
You guys go to these things?
Dont you look out of place with all those kids
>>
>>27344182
You don't play card games a lot do you?
>>
>>27344246
Not anymore no, are there a lot of 30yo nerds then
>>
>>27344182
There are quite a few older players of pokemon who grew up with it. Probably will be even more people checking it out with pokemon go being so popular.
>>
>>27344182
Most people who attend are often in their late teens or early/mid 20s.
>>
Is the meta still cancer march?
>>
>>27344596
Of course
>>
What are some good programs to manage all of the cards you have? Currently, I have 931.
>>
>>27344596
only for a month
>>
>>27344596
fag march is rotating out, and its about motherfucking time
>>
wanna get back into this and play with my brother, but he only has the heart gold & soul silver Feraligatr and Typhlosion decks; apart from getting the magnium deck, what are my options for just getting gen 1 & 2 decks/cards?
>>
File: 71YvuiE%2BicL._SL1000_.jpg (142KB, 1000x1000px) Image search: [Google]
71YvuiE%2BicL._SL1000_.jpg
142KB, 1000x1000px
just bought this, haven't bought cards since the early 2000s. i'm hype to just collect and see what i get
>>
>>27344596
It's being rotated out just as counter cards are being put in.
>>
File: CniA89_WAAEegC9.jpg (69KB, 750x1200px) Image search: [Google]
CniA89_WAAEegC9.jpg
69KB, 750x1200px
>>27345528

I use PokeCardex for Android
>>
>>27345902
Are there any good apps for iOS?
>>
File: Snapchat-8524664671213252037.jpg (339KB, 1080x1776px) Image search: [Google]
Snapchat-8524664671213252037.jpg
339KB, 1080x1776px
Thoughts on my EX cards?

Don't know much about the actual game. I just know I think they're all ugly, sadly.

Especially the fucking plasma thundurus

Sorry if sideways
>>
>>27346078
its like tcg collector or some shit
>>
They need to fucking tone it down a bit, fight against the power creep. It'll be rough for a bit until all this ridiculous crap cycles out, but holy shit.
>>
File: bpUK44h.jpg (95KB, 831x476px) Image search: [Google]
bpUK44h.jpg
95KB, 831x476px
>>27336445
it's a jumbo card, i'm not really interested in collecting the jumbos besides maybe the BEAMS promo.

>>27336581
nope, i'm considering it for all 3 of groudon, kyogre, & rayquaza though.

>>27342236
yea it kind of sticks out lol, the fire/metal type is odd as well but looks cool.
>>
>>27346532
Ellaborate
>>
File: todaywasagoodday.png (1MB, 1298x768px) Image search: [Google]
todaywasagoodday.png
1MB, 1298x768px
>Trades for greninja break in ptcgo went through
>Get pic related from an untradable pack
>>
File: CkoPDGc.png (817KB, 1788x2529px) Image search: [Google]
CkoPDGc.png
817KB, 1788x2529px
>>27346078

I don't know of any that are free, unfortunately.

You can try an analog format. Printable checklists.

Wizards used to make official checklists, once they stopped, fans started making them.
>>
>>27339625
I know this is super late, but probably a packaging error. It is a little different but I watched a video online of a guy opening an entire booster box for Magic the Gathering's Modern Master set that came out last year, in every single pack he had a mythic (step above rare) and a foil mythic. While the box cost like $300 he made like $2300 in rares from that box alone.
>>
Am I playing the TCO wrong? I'm only ever matched up with people who BTFO out of my cards. Like 3 EX pokemon when I barely got my second booster. There doesn't appear to be any matchmaking at all, again, unless I'm doing it wrong. I want to have a bit of fun, but it's not getting pooped on every single round.
>>
>>27349390
do theme deck matches until you can get a real deck my man
>>
Greninja Break is fun. What deck should I build towards next? Night March is rotating out so fuck that.
>>
>>27349390
Git gud and build a better deck.
>>
Do people not trade at your prereleases?

Nobody at mine EVER wants to trade. They don't even want to see what I have. Literally zero interest. It sucks
>>
I bought my first cards in a very long time today.

Bought the Sky Guardian theme deck (online- havent got it yet) and 4 booster packs.

I got a Kingdra holo ex in it. Not sure if they're always holo but it seems pretty cool anyhow. I dunno how rare it is.

http://bulbapedia.bulbagarden.net/wiki/Kingdra-EX_(Fates_Collide_73)

I guess its just the regular print one. but it's still nice!
>>
>>27350060
If you like the control aspect of it, Damage Change Mewtwo might be worth trying out if you wanna invest in something that will probably last through next year.

>>27352273
That seems like a locals issue. I go to two locals and one doesn't trade much because it's full of kids and ripping them off is looked down upon. The other is full of yugioh players where the game rips you off enough, so getting any kind of deal you can get from players is good. I can't walk 5 minutes into store #2 without like 3 people asking for my trades even if I saw them yesterday and they didn't see anything they wanted.

>>27349390
Yeah, matchmaking is super shitty and it doesn't help that login servers being busted off and on due to GO keeping the amount of potential players low.

>>27352312
Congrats, your first Super Rare is always a good experience even if it's not entirely usable. A lot of this game is for the collectors rather than how viable the cards are, and the art is pretty decent too.
>>
>>27352312
Unless you're looking to collect all the theme decks, don't bother buying them. Bought Sky Guardians as my first theme deck myself, realized it sucked. After buying a lot of other ones online, I realized they all suck.

Seriously, if you are just looking to get Versus points or win Theme tournaments, Basic Blue and Basic Green are all you could ever hope for.
>>
>>27352741
I just want to have some fun with a friend who will ultimately buy all his cards on Ebay according to the meta over the next few months whilst I just try to have fun.

He does this in every game. It's coming I know that, I'm just trying to delay it so that he understands the difference between that and the former. (he never seems to understand that creating his own decks can be as much fun if you put some effort into it)
>>
Went to two Prereleases over the weekend. Pulled an FA Magearna EX on the first day. On the second I pulled Gardevoir EX, Sycamore FA & Yveltal BREAK but traded it for the Hydregon BREAK.
>>
>>27352893
damn that sounds like a lot of fun!

TAKE SOME PICTURES OF YOUR CARDS FRIEND! even if you lied, I dont mind, just photo what you want :D
>>
>>27352741
The theme decks are great for starting out in a certain type.

If you like Fire- For example. You get a bunch of fire energy, some decent trainer cards and some fire pokes. It's not the worst thing ever. Maybe you soon realise they suck. But at least you get some energy basic cards to fill your deck up (or a deck at all)
>>
File: CoIyqvzWcAAoha9.jpg large.jpg (53KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
CoIyqvzWcAAoha9.jpg large.jpg
53KB, 640x480px
>>27352900

Here's the deck I played with yesterday. Yveltal was from the last three packs and no pic of Magearna FA.
>>
>>27353011
cool!
>>
>>27352352

>one doesn't trade much because it's full of kids and ripping them off is looked down upon

I ran the weekly MNP for a friend who owned a game shop and this was the number one problem there. Fuck the autistic assholes who do this.
>>
Steam siege can't come soon enough. The game is pretty dull right now waiting for it.

I also can't wait to play a format without Trevenant. Getting item locked on turn 1 and essentially losing before you've had a turn gets so fucking old. It reminds me of SF Machamp. At least Machamp literally ended the game instead of putting you through the charade that Trevenant does.

Vileplume will still be in the format, but at Vileplume variants take a modicum of still to play.
>>
>>27353558
With the death of NM and Trev what is the predicted new cancer?
>>
>>27352912
If we're talking about real cards, I'd sooner buy an Elite Trainer Box. They're pretty nice. Coin, useful number of dice, artwork sleeves you can double sleeve, and a shit ton of energy to boot.

Theme decks are great, I use them to teach my little brother the game. But I was trying to speak purely from an online standpoint of a relatively free to play player trying to progress in the online game.
>>
>>27346196
Bump.

Also how do you guys protect/store your good cards?
Just a deck sleeve? Top loaders? Can you still shuffle top loaders easily?
>>
>>27356608
Sleeves in binders. If you want to play with them, just sleeves. I don't think I've ever seen anyone try to play with top loaders. That'd be a funny sight. I've only used top loaders to ship cards.
>>
>>27356750
Ah, thanks.

Guess I haven't seen that either.

By sleeves you mean deck sleeves, not rhose penny sleeves right?
What do people mean by double sleeving?
I just bought 100 clear deck sleeves which are nice cause I still get the pokemon logo on the back
>>
>>27353558
>>27354440
>caring about standard five months before it's relevant
Still have to slog through expanded cancer before I give a shit about what standard will look like.
>>
>>27356838
Don't you mean a month and a half?
>>
>>27356781
You can use penny sleeves for storing cards. At least I don't mind it. Never with playing with them though. I always get UltraPro matte since they usually last a good while and feel good to play with.

Double sleeving is just using over sleeves over another set of sleeves. Over sleeves are a little bigger than standard sized sleeves and clear. Typically used to protect artwork sleeves, since artwork sleeves tend to be lower quality and you might ruin the artwork while handling the cards. You want to preserve your artwork sleeves as long as you can.

Nothing wrong with clear sleeves so long as they are standard sized and you like them. I don't really like glossy sleeves though, since they typically wear out faster than matte sleeves.
>>
Any of you have a copy of what used to be the opening post of the TCG generals?
Could you post it?
>>
>>27356928
What was being discussed was PRC-on standard, not XY-STS standard.
>>
>>27356838
>Hey let's have a conversation about an upcoming thing that will inevitably happen and is tied to the theme of the thread
>No I a random person don't want to have a conversation look how little I care by showing how much I care about not caring.
>>
Fuck I want generations packs. What's the cheapest way to get em?
>>
>>27357131

steal them
>>
>>27357160
What's the easiest item to steal them from?

Also love how easy regular booster packs are to steal now with the all paper cover, hell, I can just put them in my pocket and get the packs out while walking with my hands in my pockets.
>>
>>27357109
It's wasted breath. All I was told last autumn regionals was that M Man/Regice was the deck to beat in the new standard format. Then Cities happened, and were dominated by two non-EX decks, eventually leading us to the EX-lite format that ruled States and Nationals and eventually Worlds. Hell, most of the rubes in these generals would've told you Genesect EX was a bad card and that Fighting/Vileplume or Dark/Dragons was a dumb concept two months ago.
>>
>>27357203
stands with the packs hanging out on their counter probably. My friends used to steal YGO packs from Walmart, or buy them underpriced somehow by doing something to their price-tags. Not sure since I never really felt like stealing from anyone.
>>
>knock out x Pokemon challenge
>Can't even do it in trainer challenge

BOY WHO'S READY FOR CONCEDES? THANKS DEVS.
>>
>>27357221

Why are you even posting here then? Why waste your breath? We clearly don't know anything and it's not worlds yet so there's no reason to discuss that. It's almost as if we can talk about things in the future for the fun of it, but that does seem crazy, you're right.
>>
>>27357236
What stands?
>>
>>27357339
I guess just shops in your case.
>>
>>27357405
no but generations doesnt have regular booster packs, they only come in other boxes, like the legendary collection boxes
>>
>>27357431
Oh you're right. Fuck if I know then.
>>
>>27357131
Isn't the 20th Anniversary trainer box the cheapest way to get Generations packs? Otherwise just try to rip open blisters without getting caught.
>>
File: 1457644603199.jpg (112KB, 759x1092px) Image search: [Google]
1457644603199.jpg
112KB, 759x1092px
Trading in the TCGO sucks, I'm looking for a few cards if anyone has spares and would want to trade. I don't have a lot of notable cards but this is what I'm looking for:

1x Porygon (the one with data check)
3x Porygon 2 (any)
3x Porygon Z (with digital reboot)
2x Corphish
2x Crawdaunt
1x Alakazam EX
3x M-Alakazam EX
2x Milotic (with sparkling ripples)
1x Remoraid
2x Octillery (with abyssal hand)

2x N
1x Professor Sycamore
2x Alakazam Spirit Link

If you have literally any of these cards and are looking to get rid of them or trade them, let me know. Thanks.
>>
does walmart still have booster packs right by a register? i want to just grab some and go to self checkout
>>
>>27358918

Walmart has a pokemon card isle
>>
Not worth trying to sell my TCGo booster codes, huh?
I have around 30.

I figure I might as well use them myself and get into the TCG?
>>
File: Evolutions.jpg (17KB, 500x138px) Image search: [Google]
Evolutions.jpg
17KB, 500x138px
The Pokémon Legacy Evolves!
All Trainers and Pokémon grow and evolve—and this expansion restores the very first Pokémon trading cards to glory! With the exhilarating power of Mega Venusaur-EX, Mega Charizard-EX, and Mega Blastoise-EX, plus some wild surprises like Dragonite-EX, Ninetales BREAK, Machamp BREAK, and Mega Slowbro-EX, the classic hard-battling Pokémon and old-school Trainers are reinvented for a new generation. Ask Professor Oak to get you started, and reach new heights with the Pokémon TCG: XY—Evolutions expansion!
• Over 100 cards
• 12 new Pokémon-EX, including 5 Mega Evolution Pokémon
• 4 new Pokémon BREAK
• A reinvention of the very first Pokémon trading card
>>
>>27358910
Trading in TCGO is one of the best things about it compared to other online card games.
>>
>>27359155
I guess. I mainly play YGO so I'm used to having all the cards available on the online card clients.

But yeah, I only need the Pokemon now. I was able to get the trainers I needed.
>>
>>27359060
Nah don't play just post pic of the codes thanks

>>27359191
Oh yeah, I have also. I kinda like the progression of it though. Obviously I'd take a free client any day so long as there were a really large amount of people playing like DN, or even YGOPRO, but ptcgo is the next best thing.

I don't have the cards you're looking for but good luck.
>>
>>27359060
They're like 10-25 cents a pop if you wanna make like 7 bucks.

>>27357474
That's 9 for 50 dollars, which is about 5.50 per pack, or 9 for 45 on a pre-order. The Red and Blue Collections are going around for 20 dollars for 4 packs at game stores, which is 5/pack, the same as the pre-order price for the Generations box.

You might as well start collecting blastoise figurines.
>>
>>27359332
Where do I sell them?
>>
>>27359381
Find a local card shop or go on ebay.

I think Trollandtoad occasionally has them on the buy list. I know Coolstuffinc does for some sets if you're a floridian.
>>
>>27359332
>>27359259
>>27359403
Fuck it, hardly seems worth it, I'll just start playing TCGo.
>>
File: part2.jpg (59KB, 553x589px) Image search: [Google]
part2.jpg
59KB, 553x589px
Part 3 of the challenge is probably 40 fire kos for noble victories packs.
>>
>>27359879
Why are they making them unable to do in Trainer Challange now all you are going to get is people conceding before attacks.
>>
>>27359923
It's normal for them to not be doable in Trainer Challenge. They almost never allow you to complete them there. Be glad they aren't doing more tourney exclusive ones lately.
>>
>>27359987
There was a few where the "x knock out" were available to be done in trainer challenge shame they didn't stick with it.
>>
File: haul.jpg (739KB, 2610x1876px) Image search: [Google]
haul.jpg
739KB, 2610x1876px
Just got back with my first haul in years. I forgot how good the artwork was on these things.

How did I do?
>>
>>27360119
Yes I also just got back into it and the art is a big part of why I did it. That floette looks super nice.
>>
>>27359879

well at least Basic Blue is really good at KOing shit

the bad part is that once you finish this one you'll be stuck with the dead challenge for a while stopping you from getting more challenges

wish you could dump these
>>
>>27360182
Special challenges don't take up your daily challenge slots.
>>
Anyone ever sell codes on professor-oak?
>>
>>27360119
Not really well to be honest. Not that I'm trying to discourage you.
>>
>>27360546
not that you can really expect much from 5 packs.
>>
>>27360546
Do you mean in terms of rarity or viability, or both?

>>27360558
I just ordered the Blaistoise box, I grabbed those 5 just to scratch the itch. Trouble is, now I just want to open more!
>>
>>27360736
Well in terms of value. Which is sort of both. And yeah, opening packs is pretty addicting. If you are trying to build something, you're better off buying singles. But opening packs is its own fun. Probably get the most value from booster boxes though.
>>
>>27359136
>• A reinvention of the very first Pokémon trading card
So Alakazam?
>>
>>27360906
I'm honestly just aimlessly collecting at this point. I'd like to get my favorite mons of course, but I feel like buying the singles would be cheating, if that makes sense it doesn't, I know
Thread posts: 217
Thread images: 31

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.