[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So it looks like Ash is getting to the final of the Kalos league

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 60
Thread images: 3

File: 1456159178252.jpg (99KB, 797x481px) Image search: [Google]
1456159178252.jpg
99KB, 797x481px
So it looks like Ash is getting to the final of the Kalos league (and likely winning)
>>
>>27325470

Yet Ash will still lose to the first Gym in Alola
>>
>>27325486
there are no gyms in alola
>>
The issue with Ash winning a league is that it just makes the league look weak rather than Ash strong given his track record.
>>
>>27325512
Yeah, it also kind ends his journey

Also isn't supposed to challenge the E4 after winning the league?
>>
>>27325512
Try to look at it from a real world perspective. We're talking about someone who has never finished lower than 16th place in a tournament that is open to participants nation wide, often finishing in the top 4. If we were talking about a real sport, we wouldn't be calling that athlete shit. Ash wins the league, then what? Where does he go from there? Because he's not being replaced, that much should be obvious.
>>
>semi final previous season
>winning the whole thing this season

Seems like they're missing a trick by having him suffer the heartbreak of losing in the final
>>
>>27325529
People often discredit sports players wins such as Andy Murray at Wimbledon due to weak competition on years where they were successful in reality though.
>>
>>27325529
>never finished lower than 16th place in a tournament that is open to participants nation wide, often finishing in the top 4. If we were talking about a real sport, we wouldn't be calling that athlete shit
nah

Look at tennis

When anyone other than the big 4 win a tournament people look at it as a fluke
>>
>>27325503
>there are no gyms in alola
ah this meme again
>>
>>27325503

Yes, Pokémon Sun/Moon will have no Gyms or Megas.

This is what some here actually believe.
>>
>>27325544
>>27325550
>the truth is a meme
>>
>>27325550
megas could potentially be discontinued, with the current megas being the only ones kept. Theyre not a staple of the series

gyms tho, anyone who thinks they aint coming back is beyond retarded
>>
File: 優勝.png (12KB, 672x228px) Image search: [Google]
優勝.png
12KB, 672x228px
>>27325470
meme translation
>>
It's called Kalos League Victory. It isn't called Ash's Kalos League Victory.
>>
>>27325543
Well tennis is for fags, so no wonder they act like a bunch of homos about someone other than the 4 best people winning.
>>
>>27325745
There's a large and very clear power gap between the top 4 and everyone else
>>
>>27325754
If they're so great, then why didn't they win? If you're clearly the best you should win the tourney no problem. Results are what matters, not hypothetical skill.
>>
>>27325766
Flukes

3 other guys iirc have won major tournaments in the last few years other than the big 4 but no one rates them because they were obviously a fluke, that's why they each only won the one

Ash is seen as one of those guys, he won but that's just because the big boys didn't turn up

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Big_Four_(tennis)
>>
>>27325470
>(and likely winning)

based on what? let me guess, you're a /padt/fag who also thinks he's gonna get together with serena too?
>>
>>27325789
Dude, did you even look at the episode titles?
>>
>>27325529
In any sport that matters he'd be considered a choke artist until he wins
Ash is pretty much the Tony Romo of the pokemon world
>>
>>27325537
>>27325543
How did you come to watch Tennis?
>>
If pokemon battling was a real sport, then Ash would be the guy that /sp/ would endlessly laugh at and make memes about for being the biggest choker of all time.

As a /sp/artan, I can safely say that the odds of Ash ever winning a league are the same as the chances of the Miami Dolphins ever not being shit and actually winning the Superb Owl.
>>
>>27326139
Non /sp/fag here. What does that even mean?
>>
>>27326139
/sp/ wouldn't even care about Ash

He'd be a nobody

It's not like consistently get to the final/semis
>>
>>27325486
Yes, tell me more, Mr. Futureman.
>>
>>27325529
Arsenal consistently get to the R16 of the Champions League and always finish in the Top 4 of the PL and are constantly derided as choke artists and having a weak mentality.
>>
>>27325522
He'll probably get distracted and turn it down, to stay with his friends or something.
>>
>>27325550
I hope megas get retconned into proper evolutions
They were a huge mistake
>>
>>27325470
>Greatest Decisive Battle
>interrupted by Flare's terrorist attack on Prism Tower
>Ash and Diantha run there to save the day
>Ash leaves for Alola without a league victory
Screencap it, boys
>>
>>27325503
stop with this meme
>>
>>27325522

No anon, Gamefreak really needs Sun and Moon anime to start at the exact same time of release
>>
>>27326139

I would agree with you

Except this is an anime and Ash has plot armor
>>
>>27327755
>if i can't handle reality i'll just call it a meme!
>>
>>27327738
That translation is wrong, though. Bulbapedo's anime articles suffer pretty hard from this one autist that likes "translating" episode titles himself by rewording the ones from Serebii, and not always really understanding what they were saying.
There's nothing about any "greatest decisive battle" there.
>>
>>27326139

This

Remember the May weather fight from last year?

Remember how people wouldnt shut the Fuck up about some literal who Mexican beating him, and going HURR MIKE TYSON THINKS HE'LL WIN

Nobody even talks about it anymore
>>
File: mfw.jpg (46KB, 351x502px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
46KB, 351x502px
>>27327704
>wanting proper evolutions to bulky 'mons like venusaur and blastoise
>giving them the opportunity for eviolite
>eviolite blastoise
>eviolite venusaur
>eviolite scizor
>>
In Ash's defense, everyone who we ever see win a league is at least 6+ years older than him. Ash does well for someone his age.
>>
>>27325470
>Charizard & Greninja clash each other at the same time
>they both faint
>Charizard faints first, but Ash faints along with Greninja, so Alain wins the League by a technicality

I'm fucking calling it. Ash is going to get cucked harder than in Sinnoh.
>>
Ash will win this league, but won't challenge the E4 or Champ. I never understood why they wouldn't let Ash ever win a league in the past, especially if challenging the E4/Champ was optional. They really cucked the fuck out of him
>>
>>27325805
I dont sports...who the fuck is that
>>
Ash is disqualified because Ash-Greninja isn't legal to use.
>>
>>27328342
He's running with GreninjAsh since first round, I doubt their judge commission would be that slow with verdicts.
>>
>>27325794
Do you? It doesn't say "Ash's Victory." It just says "League Victory." It applies just as equally to Alain.
>>
>>27328420
Desu it's Ash who is the MC of this story.
>>
>>27325470
Ash Ketchum is the Susan Lucci of the Pokemon League
>>
>>27326139
>ash is the new shorks
I would love it.

The best part of all of it was that the guy who won the anime Unova League was a Pokemon Ranger with a team full of eeveelutions and Ash lost to a guy with only 5 pokemon.

>It was 6-5
>rags
>Losing to furshit
>ash
>shaw
>>
>>27328420
It'd be pretty fucking stupid if Ash's "greatest decisive battle" ended in his loss. That's like saying he's destined for failure.
>>
>>27328518
>That's like saying he's destined for failure.

anon...
>>
>>27328518
"greatest decisive battle" is a mistranslation, you fuck.
>>
>>27328518
The Frog having no wins against Edgezard pretty much tells you he's gonna win this. Though I wonder if they'll use the team flare and malva being a dick scandal as an excuse to cancel the elite challenge.
>>
>>27325621
I could see this, along with a possible sidequest to obtain them/mega bracelet rather than mandatory thing.
>>
>>27325522
>Yeah, it also kind ends his journey
Except it doesn't, he still has a long way to go before he can be a Master, beating a League is probably just one of the steps needed.

>>27325529
>Ash wins the league, then what? Where does he go from there?
He goes on to other Leagues to try and beat them or he tries capturing every Pokemon (except legendaries). There's surely more requirements to being a Master than just beating a League.
>>
>>27328996
Team Flare is when frog beats zard
>>
>>27331738
We have clear dilemma of 'unstoppable force hits unmovable object' here.

In one corner stands "In league Ash always performs better than his regional rivals"

In second "Ash never wins the league"

Who will win?
What will happen?
Place bets now and enjoy the battle of Har-Magedon
>>
>>27327704
Your entire life was a huge mistake >:(
>>
>>27331738
The same magazine that revealed the titles for the finals talks about Team Flare and shows Alan on Ash's side while the gang is still in Lumiose City. The attack on Lumiose happens in the episode right after the finals according to the titles, so either Ash loses and then battles Alan again and wins literally one or two episodes later (which would be the biggest copout ever) or Ash and Alan won't have any further battles and Alan will ally with Ash as soon as Team Flare reveals their true colors.
>>
>>27331874
or maybe the final are interrupted when they're down to 1 pokemon or something?
>>
>>27332127
We have footage of GreninjAsh using some kind of absurdly powered up water shuriken on battlefield that doesn't match none from the battle with Shota.
Also title implies the battle goes all the way through.
Thread posts: 60
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.