[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Fact: if you haven't played pokemon in Japanese whilst being

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 13
Thread images: 4

File: donut.jpg (9KB, 300x224px) Image search: [Google]
donut.jpg
9KB, 300x224px
Fact: if you haven't played pokemon in Japanese whilst being fluent in Japanese then you haven't in fact played pokemon at all
>>
>>27323631
>I learned Japanese. Not because I think learning a new language is a valuable tool in global communication, while also making me culturally diverse. However, that is the excuse I will use. The truth is, I'm a huge fucking weeb with no social life, and a love for all things that anime represents as Japanese culture. Truth be told, If you dropped me off in Japan, I would weeb the fuck out, annoy the locals with my catalog of anime knowledge, and become a social outcast in both English speaking countries, and Japan.
>>
>>27323631
is there a strong difference ?

Or is it just the "feeling" the series gives ? because pokemon is always presented very differently in japanese media (like the anime, which feels like an actual anime and not a kids show)
>>
File: MittRomneyHugeLaughLittleFace.jpg (25KB, 400x283px) Image search: [Google]
MittRomneyHugeLaughLittleFace.jpg
25KB, 400x283px
>>27323631
>when weebs try to damage control their lives
>>
>>27323631
Playing Pokemon games in Japanese isn't any different playing it in English or Spanish.
>>
File: 4e7.jpg (29KB, 680x382px) Image search: [Google]
4e7.jpg
29KB, 680x382px
>>27323631
>>
>>27323631

I learned French to get with white American bitches. I learned Spanish to get with Latinas. I learned Chinese because of work and I learned Japanese because I went there once and when you're fluent in that many languages, one more isn't hard, especially when you know moon runes that they stole from China already.

If you learned Japanese just to play vidya or watch anime without subtitles, you're a massive faggot.
>>
>>27323748
>Studied Japanese for 3 years
>vacationed there for a few weeks
>did a bit of weeb shit, went to Tokyo's Pokemon Center, visited the Gundam Statue, ate at the Kamen Rider Diner
>Eventually get bored of the weeb shit
>the remaining two weeks spent travelling around the country were better than that first week in Tokyo

The best advice I can give to someone going to Japan, is to get the weeb tourism shit out of the way immediately.
>>
>>27323631
>Preordered Soul Silver in Jap
>Don't know any Japanese
>>
>>27323857
The actual video games themselves are mostly competently translated.
But yeah, the international marketing and all the other stuff is an embarrassment compared to Japan. That shit is everywhere, and it's similarly both pushed hard and heavily respected on almost the same kind of level as Disney movies.
>>
>>27323631
Did somebody say "weeaboo"?
>>
>>27323631
If you haven't played witcher in Polish whilst being fluent in Polish then you haven't in fact played witcher at all.
>>
File: RedBox(J).jpg (71KB, 393x500px) Image search: [Google]
RedBox(J).jpg
71KB, 393x500px
>>27323631
>i'll never tear off the rapping paper and see this box and have no fucking clue what the fuck i'm looking at but only know it's fucking awesome again

my parents had wealthy japanese friends that got me a gameboy and pokemon Red in japanese right when it came out and was this huge thing in japan, nobody in australia had even heard of pokemon when i had it
parents owned a Duty Free Shop with japanese women working the counter because >90's japanese mass tourism in australia era
had them translate the menus and some things for me
played 1/4 of the way through fucking thing purely through trial and error at 7 years old
didn't get to complete it until 3 years later when it started blowing up in west and i bought myself a playthrough guide

same thing happened with pokemon yellow and then again with pokemon gold and silver, the fucking lunatics bought me and my brother a gameboy colour each, and both a copy of gold AND silver each for christmas 1999

thank you based wealthy japanese friend
Thread posts: 13
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.