[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

When you first played Pokemon, what was the moment that made

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 15
Thread images: 4

File: 1409142793123.jpg (38KB, 269x270px) Image search: [Google]
1409142793123.jpg
38KB, 269x270px
When you first played Pokemon, what was the moment that made you realize "yes, this is amazing"?

Mine was definitely during my first gym leader in Blue, where the music hit at :14, and I was like "This shit is gonna be off the rails." And so I've loved Pokemon ever since.
https://youtu.be/9OO5VAKk0d8
>>
>>27318991

When I beat Brock for the first time and left Pewter City for Route 4. Leaving from there with one badge in hand, a battle-tested party, and facing a gauntlet of new trainers on my own, I felt like a proper badass.
>>
I dunno, it's never *been* amazing for me.
Just a fun enough game, that's all. Nothing crazy.
>>
File: image.jpg (24KB, 388x420px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
24KB, 388x420px
>>27318991
>Tfw can't even remember my first encounter with pokemon
>>
Checking to see what the fuck this Moon Stone I just got does and being surprised when it could be used on Nidorino to turn it into some giant fucking monster that destroyed everyone in Mt Moon.
Well, I say giant, though the Pokédex revealed the truth. But it was still great.
>>
I was simply hyped by the anime. I already knew I'd like it when I first played
>>
>>27318991
>pokemon red
>charmander
>get destroyed by brock
>bugs, birds and pikachu
>all weak to brock
>grind to 16 or 18 for Charmelion
>brute force brock but still almost die as Pigey has to spam sand attack and whittle down Onyx's health
>jump and scream "yes" and save like 5 times after the battle
After that it was pretty much watching Gary go down with Charizard taking down most of his team while Pikachu fucks up his Blastoise
>>
>>27319031
Luvdisc
>>
>>27318991
I just remember always thinking Pokemon was cool, from the moment I first played it.
I was 3 years old when Red and Blue first came out, and I remember watching my big brother play it a lot on that emulator thing you get in Pokemon Stadium, so everytime I actually did manage to sneak in some time myself, it was just awesome, regardless.
>>
File: image.jpg (37KB, 812x84px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
37KB, 812x84px
>>27319031
>>
>>27318991
I watched the Pokémon cartoon first, so then the game was way different from the show but luckily I had played a game previous called Super Mario and the Legend of the Seven Stars so I was familiar with complex gameplay for being eight years old
>>
I was at summer camp in aftercare and everyone was playing pokemon and I didn't even have a gameboy so I just sat watching and begged to play just for 5 minutes. I used to browse the pokemon website and go through the pokedex and find my favorite 'mon and listen to the songs on the site. My OG favorite was marrowak. When I finally got pearl I was so psyched. Though the game was pretty forgettable so what really kept me hooked was the show.
>>
>>27319112
One was this.

Other was learning by yourself. I looked by Mankey movepool and saw "Fighting Type". I tought to myself "Its just a kick like those "normal" scratches".

And when tried to use different attacks and see the differences.
The last one was the first time I evolved a Magikarp to the monstruosity that was Gyarados.

Felt good man.
>>
File: pokemonarticle.jpg (269KB, 540x737px) Image search: [Google]
pokemonarticle.jpg
269KB, 540x737px
I got the Nintendo Power that debuted Pokemon mistakenly delivered to my house instead of a few streets away, and from the moment I read that article, I knew it would be my favorite game. I already loved RPGs, but sometimes I encountered cute monsters and I didn't want to kill them, and now I could put them on my team and have them fight alongside me. I also loved the idea of the Type Chart (at the ripe age of 10, I might add) and the idea that each had a special element to it.

But if you're looking for a moment that sealed it for me while I was actually playing the game, it's that moment my Squirtle evolved into Wartortle.
>>
>>27319031
When i was a kid
Thread posts: 15
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.