[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So I'm looking to get Homebrew on my 3DS for a simple yet

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 12
Thread images: 3

File: image.jpg (54KB, 554x306px) Image search: [Google]
image.jpg
54KB, 554x306px
So I'm looking to get Homebrew on my 3DS for a simple yet daunting task. However before I purchase the required game to properly run the program I have some questions and concerns for those who are well versed on here, because searching online I find little to nothing regarding what I'm trying to do.

Firstly I just want to say that hacking/altering especially using 3rd party is not something I do lightly, however in this case and the time investment I've already made it is simply the most economical option.
The main thing I want to know (and this is the selling point) is if it possible to change the players OT as well as hundreds of Pokemons OT to a different name without risk.

I know it sounds rather silly but OT is one of the most important aspects of my Pokemon for me, and if it's possible for a Pokemon to have my OT I will go to great lengths to do so.

I'm not looking to change event Pokemon OT's, this is for my living competitive Pokedex that I've bred for so many hundreds of hours. However I'm looking to start using a new OT, and starting over from scratch would take months, possibly longer. Changing the player OT is so that while I'm wrapping up the last generation I'm working on, all of the hatched Pokemon will have the proper OT as well.

Does anyone know for sure before I decide on purchasing?
Also is Cubic Ninja not optimal anymore? I checked the Homebrew site and it looks like more games have been added. What would be best for someone who is fully up to date on their 3DS?
>>
>>27316753
For a fully updated 3DS I believe the optimal choice is either CN or OOT3D (you'll need a second 3DS)
As for your request, it'll still be pretty tedious to reinject all your mons with different OTs but it can be done with no problem.
Managing your own name, however, may present a challenge. The 3DS hardware itself cannot edit a save file to that extent as far as I've researched, so you would need a save-altering device, such as a Powersave, to do the trick. The Powersave will probably let you edit your OTs as well so if you're not interested in pirating you may want to look that way instead of jailbreaking.
>>
>>27316813
I'll need a second 3DS to do Homebrew? Or just for the OOT route?
I've never done this before or know how it works, surely it can't be more tedious than hatching a legit competitive Dex?

Hmm, while time is important to me, safety is king. I don't want to lose all of my time invested.
>>
>>27316892
Not the same anon, but you won't need a second 3DS for either. I've homebrewed my 3DS on the most recent firmware using OoT, powersaves, and an SD card reader. I'll post a guide for it I wrote in just a second (it's too big to fit in this post)
>>
>>27316753
>>27316892
What you'll need to buy in advance:
>Powersaves, about $25 https://www.amazon.com/Action-Replay-Powersaves-Cheat-Device-Nintendo/dp/B00CQ9L1Z6
>An SD card reader, about $10. You can pick one up in the electronics section of most Walmarts or any electronics store. Multi-card readers with a slot for SD cards also work
>A physical cartridge of OoT3D, about $20 on ebay http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?LH_BIN=1&_from=R40&_sacat=0&_sop=15&_nkw=oot+3d&_pgn=2&_skc=50&rt=nc (Scroll down to the middle of the page)

If you have all that, follow this guide (it still works as of mid-July on 11.0.0-33u firmware): https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-dLgq1bmo3Q&t=2m6s

The video is 15 minutes long but you'll only be following its instructions for 10 minutes, and it's extremely easy to follow along with. The only part where there could be some confusion is 6 and a half minutes in. He says "I'll use this folder" a few times while there are multiple folders to choose from, but his facecam hides which folders he's choosing so you can't see them. At this part of the video, I chose saveimages_powersaves > cardids_c2fe009000000000 > usa, and since this guide worked for me on the first try, I recommend that you use that series of folders too (unless you live in Europe, in which case you would use the "eur" folder for the last one, obviously).

Download links you'll use while following this guide (feel free to download them in advance):
1: https://smealum.github.io/ninjhax2/starter.zip Even though it says ninjhax in the URL, it works for OoThax and most others.
2: https://github.com/yellows8/oot3dhax/releases/download/06-26-16/oot3dhax_rawsaveimages_haxpayloads_06-26-16.zip
3: http://smealum.github.io/3ds/#prepare Scroll down to Otherapp/ropbin payloads, input your 3DS type and firmware type (for most people, that will probably be OLD or NEW 11.0.0-33U), then click Download ropbin.
>>
>/vg/hbg
They have everything you need.
>>
File: 1454247014478.gif (2MB, 236x224px) Image search: [Google]
1454247014478.gif
2MB, 236x224px
>>27316753
STOP
don't listen to these retards
ninjihax is so fucking old it hurts and you don't need OOT and all this shit unless you just HAVE TO, oot and physical entry points are last resource kind of thing with hard modding.

You now do luma with a9lh which basically works exactly like a legit 3DS but with EVERYTHING unlocked and available, you an even download everything legit from the eshop FOR FREE, and with following the guide you will end up with most things you need AND after doing it, your 3DS is basically untouchable, it can't permanently brick.
Depending on your 3DS model, version and what not you will need several things.
The older usually the better.
https://github.com/Plailect/Guide/wiki

This guide covers everything and while it's a bit long it's easy, just gotta follow it, you're free to tell me your 3DS model and current firmware on it (the one that shows up on system settings) or you can pop in /hbg/ on /vg/.
Everything and everyone that can help you is there, you need to inform yourself and to not rush this, it's your 3DS at stake.
>>
Thanks, friends.
>>
>>27318240
He's probably a retard who updated.
>>
>>27318240
>you don't need OOT and all this shit
The same way you don't need luma with a9lh. Do you have a point?

>while it's a bit long
>a bit
The last time someone asked /hbg/ how long it took everyone to follow that guide, the shortest answer was 3 hours and the longest was 6 hours. >>27317495 takes 10 minutes, and that's not including all the shit that can go wrong with either guide. Say the user following either guide has a 5% margin of error. In the first guide, that would round to 0% time loss since there are so few steps that no mistakes would ever be made. Meanwhile, it's very likely that the user, like so many I've seen in /hbg/ who flood the general with questions about "hi I'm on part 24 of the guide and need help" will fuck up with luma, and a single mistake can cost hours, days, or even having to give up on the guide entirely due to no one answering or telling them to fuck off with the same elitist attitude you have. Furthermore,

>You MUST downgrade with the correct pack for your console/region or you will BRICK.

Just to name one of several places where you can brick your 3DS while following the 3-6 hour long process (if you do it all successfully with no unexpected errors due to some software updating and becoming incompatible with other software used in the guides, vague/ambiguous wording in the guide leading to steps being followed incorrectly, etc, etc.) of using luma. Meanwhile, in the 10 minute guide, you can't brick at all. The only reason not to use the 10 minute guide is if you're a pathetic NEET who lives off his parents and has no money to spend
>>
>>27318500
* And you missed his point about only needing Homebrew, not all that other shit. So he can install homebrew in 10 minutes, or homebrew in 3-6 hours if he's lucky, but realistically more like several days
>>
>>27318500
>>27318540
Wow, thank you for that clarification. I will stick to using the first intended method. Would OOT be better or Cube Ninja?
Definitely want the easier and safe method, only using it for this one instance and probably donate the game afterwards.
Thread posts: 12
Thread images: 3

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.