[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

So, appearently thanks to GO, main line games are selling li

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 39
Thread images: 4

File: salamence 3.png (26KB, 144x148px) Image search: [Google]
salamence 3.png
26KB, 144x148px
So, appearently thanks to GO, main line games are selling like water in the desert.

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/read/retail-braced-for-another-pok-mon-christmas-following-pok-mon-go-success/0170027

In all honestly that's the only thing I hoped that shitty app would bring: push the sells of SM and have more people to play with.
>>
I really don't see most of the GO normies getting into the main games. Theyre too hard for them. Too many types now and all the thinking they have to do is gonna make them drop it on the first gym.

But, besides that, I'm sure GO has also made many people get into the games again and they'll stick with it. They'll be a minority, but still, this is good.
>>
I know two unrelated people who bought a 3ds and pokemon game because of go, so i can believe it
>>
>>27316782
yeah i'd wager that most adults who buy mainline games for themselves because of Go will be lapsed fans, not new fans. The real brand growth will be if this lifts the popularity among kids.
>>
I wonder how much RBY sales have spiked on the eShop.
>>
>>27316782
>Theyre too hard for them.
Gen 5 and 6 are piss easy.
No one is going to be playing BW2's challenge mode.
>>
>>27316782
You really have to be mentally retarded to find the mainline Pokémon games 'hard'.

Honestly, Go was more confusing than any mainline Pokémon game, at least at first. It also has almost no tutorials or explanations, which is part of the reason I like it: You have to discover things on your own or do research.
>>
I doubt we'll see much after GO dies down, essentially, this is just "nerds" trying to get back into Pokemon (and games in general).

it'll be nice if we do get new merchandise because of it
>>
>>27316782
>Theyre too hard for them
Are we still talking about the main Pokemon games here?

You can solo the main games with a charizard that has 4 fire moves. They're a lot of things, but hard isn't one of them.
>>
>>27316927
>it'll be nice if we do get new merchandise because of it

THIS. I want the days back when there were whole sections in your local store dedicated to Pokemon.
>>
Did you forget S/M is going to have a "hey, dumbfuck, this move is super effective" feature?
>>
File: Ck7LgycUgAAbWkt.jpg (22KB, 413x309px) Image search: [Google]
Ck7LgycUgAAbWkt.jpg
22KB, 413x309px
>>27316782
This might be the easiest entry to date.

Pic related
>>
>>27316782
lolwut. pokemon games aren't hard at all. my little cousin is like 12 and can barely handle minecraft but she can finish pokemon games.
>>
>>27316782
>their too hard
>this is what shinnoh fetuses and unovabortions honestly think

the games got easier as time went on
rbyg are the hardest in the series
>>
>>27316989
And not just for the Japan-approved favorites
>>
>>27316782
Thats why they now show type effectiveness under each move. They knew more people would buy the game. Anyway I bet 7-8 out of 10 normies will drop the game after the 5-6 gym or after they beat the league
>>
>>27317039
>implying beating the league isn't the end of the game
>>
File: aggron.png (133KB, 640x475px) Image search: [Google]
aggron.png
133KB, 640x475px
>>27316869
>>27316880
>>27316979
OP here. I think the anon meant "complicated" more than "hard". One of the main complaints of normies about the franchise is "how can I remember 2000 different pokemons?!", which in gameplay translates to learning at least the type chart, and in fact >>27317005 was probably a move planned foreshadowing GO's success.

>tfw all of this was part of Nintendo's master plan
>>
>>27316979
no, like when my house mate bought blue on 3ds and promised to play with me. Then two days later the quit because
>they like the idea of pokemon not the game
>>
>>27316991
That only happens AFTER you hit the mon with a super effective move. Before that, you're left in the dark for a while, much like Shin Megami Tensei.
>>
>>27317005
I hope there'll be an option to disable those big ugly (i) icons, holy shit.
>>
>>27316989
same, I miss being able to walk into any store and there being something Pokemon related for sale
>>
>>27317075
maybe, MAYBE, the icons indicate the fact that the option to show the effectiveness of an attack is on, because they clearly stand for "infos"
>>
File: 1466053245007.jpg (86KB, 750x365px) Image search: [Google]
1466053245007.jpg
86KB, 750x365px
>>27316743
>SM sells like hotcakes just because of GO
>ends up being worse than XY
>Game Freak decides that the increased sales means all games in the future should be modeled after XY
>>
>>27317068
>That only happens AFTER you hit the mon with a super effective move.

That's wrong, though, it happens immediately after the first battle you have against that Pokémon.
>>
>>27317226
XY sold less than BW (not by much, but still)

>>27317257
I don't see a problem with that, unless you have alzheimer you should remember a pokemon's tipyng after you first meet it.
>>
>>27317257
Can't you look up typing in the dex regardless of if you've caught them or not?
>>
>>27317005
Maybe it'll even show you how much damage you'll do, like in Fire Emblem.

Water Gun: 23-28HP (62-71%).
>>
>>27317005
Well, a lot more newcomers to the series are going to be buying the latest games thanks to GO, so all the labelling would be a pretty good introduction to the main series' more complex battle system.
>>
>>27316743
So this is really good news for Nintendo.

Next, Pokemon Battling on the VR for the NX, you know it's going to happen.
>>
>>27316782
This, I was gonna reply to all the replies you got but I'm on mobile so I'll just say this

Of course WE think mainline games are less than challenging, fair assumption is that most of us have played the games for years, minimum. Normies who haven't played since 2nd MAYBE 3rd gen at latest are going to be overwhelmed by all the mechanics, Pokemon, and info they'll be dumped with. It's like playing monster hunter for the first time, only nerds like playing a game with a clipboard and pencil for note taking
>>
>>27318008
I didn't need to do that when I first played. It's probably the reason why Pokemon is the only RPG I've successfully gotten into.
>>
>>27316782
I work at Gamestop, and we've been clean sold out of all pokemon games since launch.

Mildly anecdotal, but I think its prety damn obvious that its gonna sell like fucking hotcakes.
>>
>>27318343
>when you first played

I'm assuming you're talking about an early generation - you know these normie fucks wouldn't pick up on most of the technical aspects, or that their attention spans wouldn't last long enough to care
>>
>>27318406
I think the people that cleaned you out were probably fans that haven't played in a while, not a mass of normies that never played a real Pokemon game before. I've started asking people in the park if they're getting Sun or Moon in November and too many of them give me a blank look and have no clue. Some of them didn't know they even make pokemon games still, and seem to think pokemon go is a reboot of the franchise, like it hasn't been going the whole time.
>>
>>27318460
If I could do it at 17, then they can do it at old fart age.
>>
>>27318499
You played games before, right? A lot of these players have never played anything that isn't a mobile game.
>>
>>27318518
This

>>27318499
>first Pokemon game at 17

What gen was it? Underage detected
>>
>>27318518
If I could get into Sonic at 10 after having played nothing but Atari clones, then there is no excuse.

And I'm not going to say, just that it wasn't the current generation.
Thread posts: 39
Thread images: 4

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.