[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

>Misty hasn't even appeared in full in the anime for

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 54
Thread images: 7

File: 250px-Misty_AG.png (121KB, 250x299px) Image search: [Google]
250px-Misty_AG.png
121KB, 250x299px
>Misty hasn't even appeared in full in the anime for 11 years

I watched the anime in like 1999, back when I was dependent on it appearing on some awkward TV channel, so eventually lost track and never got around to re-following when technology caught up. Why was the decision taken to start cutting original characters and coming up with new ones every time?

>Misty had no arc and nothing to add

So why not develop that, create more and solve the problem? It's not like Hermione had much of her own arc. I don't know if Misty is popular here or not but there must have been some aspect of "group of friends together through it all" they knew they were losing when they took that decision.

And that still doesn't really explain why Misty didn't turn into a peripheral character occasionally used for support/help/advice/plots rather than gone forever.
>>
Well the reason is the writers wrote her off because they needed a new piece of eye candy. Which means anybody who wanted her to stay on was basically told she's replaceable. Which pissed me off a lot. I still can't get over it.
>>
>>27310804
Actually, because she is shit. Like you said, she has nothing to add to the series. She was an almost fully developed character even since her introduction. The only problem it was with her sisters. She wasn't even unsure about her status as a Gym Leader like Brock was.
>>
>>27310804
I feel like she was made only for the bike scene but they decided to run with it. Misty deserves better.
>>
File: May_posing.png (480KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
May_posing.png
480KB, 640x480px
Fuck misty
>>
>>27310875
Trash
>>
>>27310875
How'd you like it when may got replaced by dawn?
>>
>>27310884
Yes misty is trash
>>
>>27310875
Normie scum
>>
>>27310804
She should've been replaced after Kanto.
>>
Because the anime is a huge ad for the games and the games have moved on from Kanto and its cast.
>>
>>27310804
because misty is a fucking bitch

may is much cuter and nicer
>>
File: 1468242136259.png (267KB, 480x360px) Image search: [Google]
1468242136259.png
267KB, 480x360px
>>27310940
Except you're wrong kiddo.
>>
I'm glad they did. Misty is such a horrible shallow character with no redeeming qualities/abilities.
>>
>>27310940
Fuck both of those hoes.
>>
File: ma nigga.jpg (90KB, 400x400px) Image search: [Google]
ma nigga.jpg
90KB, 400x400px
>>27310858
>>
>>27310940

>May

She also got ditched right?
>>
>Shiny new Pokegirl every gen
>People actually think Serena will win da ashbowl
>>
>>27312357
Nah she picked up another guy to do contests with
>>
Her sisters are cute, misty is ugly
>>
I want to bully Misty! Pull on her weird hair and pull her shorts up hard! Gatorade...
>>
>>27310804
Jesus, has it been that long? Yeah, I slowly lost interest when Misty was written off. I enjoyed the awkward chemistry with Ash and I liked how much she cared about Ash. One scene that comes to mind is when she fucks Richie up (that annoying little shit who was probably one of kids who kissed every adults' ass and every parent said to their own children "why can't you be more like Richie, anon?) when she thinks he talked Ash out of showing up to their battle. Anyway, I thought she was a lot of fun.
>>
File: tumblr_inline_nkly99eGCm1r1pof4.gif (793KB, 500x315px) Image search: [Google]
tumblr_inline_nkly99eGCm1r1pof4.gif
793KB, 500x315px
>>27312679
Fuck, meant to include related .gif.
>>
because misty is shit
>>
>>27312900
when did this happen?
>>
>>27310940
> nicer
Booooring.
>>
>>27313254
At the Pokemon League episode 081.
>>
>>27313254
When WASN'T Misty shoving male characters around?
>>
It's weird that they brought Brock back but never Misty.
It'd be cool if she was the girl companion in Alola.
>>
>>27313437

It'd be nice if for once we had the male player as Ash's travelling companion.
>>
>>27313522
Actually this would be nice, not this gen though, Hilbert would be top notch
>>
>>27313437
It'd be cool, especially since Alola is so water packed, but I can't see it happening.

I still like Misty along with all the other anime girls, I feel like she gets more hate than she deserves.
>>
>>27313601
I think she gets shit because people value waifu material over character. This doesn't apply to all people who don't like her character, of course; but I think it is a factor in some cases.
>>
>>27313683
What character does misty have
>>
>>27310804
She was so much better than the bland Serena.
>>
Togepi is what completely sucked all personality out of Misty. She was really rather entertaining before she just became Full Time Mummy hu luv her baba XxXxX

At least we got a glimpse of her being capable again in Chronicles, without the weight of Togepi shackled around her neck. Instead, the weight of Tracey sat on her face.
>>
>>27313879
Tsundere love interest with a reputation to make.

It's a shame the show never developed her, even as a jobber.
>>
Brock was far better anyway.

Hell, Brock is the one good character in the whole damn show, sharing the space with James.
>>
>>27310804
Because they know the show is basically an ad right now, they saw that during gen 2 so they just rolled with it and tried to push it even more.

Why not have someone that shows up in the games, a familiar face to get a boost?
It's not about character, it's about selling the franchise, which is why the anime is the same boring stale shit.
>>
>>27315533
She wasn't a love interest in the original Japanese version, 4Kids made that up
>>
File: 1466955621787.png (91KB, 1454x1172px) Image search: [Google]
1466955621787.png
91KB, 1454x1172px
>>27310804
>I watched the anime in like 1999, back when I was dependent on it appearing on some awkward TV channel, so eventually lost track and never got around to re-following when technology caught up. Why was the decision taken to start cutting original characters and coming up with new ones every time?

You're not the target audience. They don't bank on a returning audience, they have to keep it relevant for the 5-12s that'll be around and while Japan has a low turnover rate of those, it doesn't mean they're going to stop.

>"So why not develop that, create more and solve the problem? It's not like Hermione had much of her own arc. I don't know if Misty is popular here or not but there must have been some aspect of "group of friends together through it all" they knew they were losing when they took that decision."

Going from the first question, the new characters are meant to promote the current games. Hell, Iris and Cilan tried to bring back the "Ash + 2 Gym Leaders" format with the region's respective leaders to characterize them a bit. Iris was kind of a look into handling Misty properly, for example Axew is a "baby" like Togepi but Iris' hands are free to do action girl stuff and she's been emphasized as a battler with no contest padding ahead.

So yeah, it's very much likely Misty was handled poorly because the writing of the time didn't plan much for her other than filling the role of "girl character."

Another issue is that Misty grows up in later Pokemon games, whereas Ash only exists for the anime (arguably starting as an adaptation of Red, but we're not discussing that) keeping his design malleable.

Not saying Misty can't get other outfits, the anime has made up 3 but it makes more sense to promote the current games.The use of Misty as a stand-in doesn't work as well since she's not a player character and re-tooling her to satisfy lapsed nostalgics over using a character you'll see in the current games sounds like shooting themselves in the foot.
>>
File: jessie_leg.jpg (84KB, 640x480px) Image search: [Google]
jessie_leg.jpg
84KB, 640x480px
>Violent red haired bitch
They already had Jessie to fill that role, and she is vastly superior. Misty was redundant.
>>
>>27315533
She's not really Tsundere if she was a bitch to everyone one the show
>>
>>27310804
>Carrying about some shit anime character
>Literally white trash. Suspenders, booty shorts, belly tanktop, no tits and a side-of-head ponytail
>no soul. fucking ginger shit
>Shit pokemon. Staryu and Starmie. Bitch just wanted diamonds
>Bitch
>>
>>27315563
This
>>
>>27315736
>no soul. fucking ginger shit
southpark watching underage pls go
>>
>>27310804
Because she wasn't a periphery character, she was a running gag.
>>
>>27310829
Not really. It was Shudo who decided Misty was useless. (though this was done in favor of TR)
>>
>>27315668
Jessie has magenta hair, anon. Which she had for 16 years.
>>
>>27315947
Eh, close enough.
>>
>>27315533
>>27315617
Teenagers don't work that way anon, you know brock and ash both slugged it like mad to those daisy dukes misty was wearing.
>>
>>27315736
>starmie
>staryu
>shit pokemon

Fuck you.
>>
>>27316472
>togepi
>psyduck
>Poliwag
Not shit (99% of the time)
>>
>>27316391
ash isnt a teenager, brock never opened his eyes so he doesnt know what misty is wearing
Thread posts: 54
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.