[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Why does ghost pokemon always have the best designs? It's

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 78
Thread images: 7

File: Mimikyu.png (2MB, 1920x1080px) Image search: [Google]
Mimikyu.png
2MB, 1920x1080px
Why does ghost pokemon always have the best designs?

It's not fair that they get all the love.
>>
>>27310327
digimon tier
>>
>>27310340
so great? Because digimon tends to have superior designs over Pokemon
>>
You can create anything and call it a ghost. A design by any other type would be chastized for not being an identifiable animal.
>>
>An inanimate object is a ice/steel/grass/flying/fire type pokemon
Wah it's shit. They're running out of ideas
>An inanimate object is a ghost pokemon
Best pokemon. Will be part of my team.

It's staggering.
>>
>>27310373
This tbqh.
>>
>>27310373
It isn't an inanimate object it's just wearing clothes
>>
>>27310362
You mean by being humanoid? Fighting types always get shit on for that. Which conpletely misses the point
>>
>people without any degree and who have never opened a book about design discussing about design

every time
>>
>>27310327
Because ghost is the best type? This is a known fact

>>27310373
I like inanimate object monsters in general.
>>
I want to bust Mimikyu's disguise
>>
>>27310439
>learning how to do art design for video games
>loves the fuck out of ghost types
kek
>>
The idea of making a ghost pokemon is infinite while the rest of the types are limited.
>>
>>27310439
>critics need to be artists before they can say anything about it
every time
>>
>>27310340
How is that even comparable to any digimon ? Even basic stages don't look like that
>>
>>27310445
It's known.
>>
>>27310692
People who bash Digimon have never played it. They just toss the word around like "autism" and "cuck".
>>
ghost as a concept is so vague and open to possibilities that even many things that could look retarded like a candlestick and a pumpkin can be done right
>>
>>27310881
And that's why I love Chandelure.
>>
File: mami and pepe.jpg (279KB, 650x909px) Image search: [Google]
mami and pepe.jpg
279KB, 650x909px
>>27310327
Because Ghost is the best Type, senpai.
>>
>>27310327
ghost and bugs, my friend. ghost and bugs
>>
>>27310356
Go to sleep
>>
File: 1427494349730.png (166KB, 500x373px) Image search: [Google]
1427494349730.png
166KB, 500x373px
>>27310340
Shut the fuck up you autist.
>>
>>27310669
No but you have to know the basics of the field or you just make an uneducated criticism
>>
>>27310356

>gay angel in spandex
>literal poo
>>
>>27310439
>Wanting everyone to get an art degree before they get an opinion even though they're the consumer
every time
>>
>>27310423
That's a good point. How many martial arts are based off shit animals do? Use the animal instead, and you've got a neat idea for a fighter.
>>
>>27310880
t. edgelord
Enjoy your furbait digimons with ripped jeans, capes, spukes and weapins everywhere.
>>
>>27312148
>edgelord
>furbait
>digimon
God, we could make a fucking buzzword bingo out of guys like you.
>>
File: Sukamon.jpg (70KB, 320x320px) Image search: [Google]
Sukamon.jpg
70KB, 320x320px
>>27312078
who you callin poo
>>
I'd like Mimikyu more if it was a sheet mimic of more than just Pikachu.

Maybe all first stage evos.

Just cause in my mind it makes no sense that a pokemon would exclusively pick Pikachu to mimic.
>>
They're not limited to real world bases, so they often have the most abstract designs and interesting concepts.

That and in general they tend to be a mixture of cute and menacing which is typically a winning combination compared to just one or the other.

But yeah, Ghost types a best. Easily my favourite and they're strong as fuck, too.
>>
>>27312078
all of gen1:
>literally just a insert animal
> a ball
> pile of shit
>bigger pile of shit
case closed
>>
>>27312067
That's bull. Aesthetics is something all humans innately understand to a large degree.

Design is the study of how to make something appealing to the human mind. That, by definition alone, means that humans can decide if something is designed well based on whether it appeals to them or not.
>>
>>27310340
what is this shit talking about digimons? Where is the fucking difference ?! And also who the hell are you, that you can say what is a Pokemon and what isn´t
>>
>>27310373
>MUST BE THE SAME PERSON!

Wow. Great job you fucking aspie
>>
>>27310327
the last two gens shit on everything a good ghost design could be. Soon we'll have a whole haunted flat including furniture, some plants and a fucking jellyfish.

I love the typing, but its latest designs were utter bullshit
>>
>>27310373
>the internet is a hive-mind
>>
File: 250px-094Gengar.png (58KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-094Gengar.png
58KB, 250x250px
Ghosts are almost always cool.

< best Pokemon design of all gens
>>
>>27313291

Haunter is better.

Gengar is just Clefable's shadow.
>>
>>27312078
>fat nigger in a dress
>literal ball
>>
>>27310880
Currently playing CS right now.
In all honesty it's fun but not as fun as Pokemon. Also it doesn't explain half of the mechanics to the player at all.

Jimiken is the biggest faggot ever
>>
>>27310439
So because you don't have a film degree you can't ever say a movie is bad right? Or even if it's alright to just dislike it, you definitely aren't allowed to dissect it further or discuss why it's bad.
Fucking retard.
>>
>>27313659
>Gengar is just Clefable's shadow.

Totally agree It's just Clefable's shadow
>>
>>27310439
>My parents told me that an art degree was useless, that it was a waste of money and time
>my colleagues at the Mc Donalds I work at laughed at me
>my friends told me I'd end up on the streets.
>I wish they could see me now, proving the usefulness of my degree in a discussion about a children's game
>They'd be proud of me
>>
>>27313687
>Also it doesn't explain half of the mechanics to the player at all
It was made with the fans of DW3 and DWDS in mind.

I like that it feels more like a traditional JRPG, and I found the plot to be a nice reprieve from Pokemon's horribly tired objective of simply being the very best.

It's certainly not for everybody, but it's different enough to warrant a full playthrough.

I hope you have Gatomon on your team.
>>
>>27310327
You mean fairy
>>
>>27314209
I'll eventually get up to Gatomon but at the moment I'm working towards Imperialdramon, ShineGreymon and Chaos Gallantmon
And Lilamon
>>
>>27314393
> Imperialdramon, ShineGreymon and Chaos Gallantmon
Well shit, anon. I was under the assumption that you'd just started. Do your thing, bro.
>>
>>27314429
Well I've only put about 20 hours into it it's just that getting up to their ultimates is pretty easy.
There really should have been a farm tutorial though.
>>
Ghost as a concept requires developing a grim, spooky concept with a depressing twist that adds a charm appealing to our inner edgy goths.

For most other types you just take an animal and theme it after an element.
>>
>>27310373
Mimikyu isn't loved for its design, but for its concept.

If it was a gen 1 pokemon, released alongside Pikachu 20 years ago, it would have been ridiculed and dismissed as a "Ditto tier" uncreative-mon.

Pokemon such as Vanilluxe and Magneton don't really have an interesting concept behind their simplistic design, and that's exactly why they're not held in high regard.
>>
>>27314695
>Magneton
This fucker is awesome fuck you
>>
>>27310327
Anyone noticed that Mimikyu's cry sounds like it's saying Pikachu
>>
>>27314714
Only because it's a gen 1 Pokemon not because it's particularly good.
In all honesty it's one of the more forgotten gen one Pokemon among genwunners.
>>
>>27314714
I'm not saying it isn't, but you can't deny that Magneton's concept and design doesn't really go deeper than "3 metal eyeballs with magnets and screws".

Mimikyu's popularity comes from its interesting typing (one of the very few fairy types that isn't a "girly" or "disgustingly cute critter"), self-referencing concept (Pikachu's popularity 20 years ago), "creepy cute" appearance and competitive potential with its ability.
It's no wonder that people like it, it can be said it's this generation's Aegislash in terms of spot-on design.
>>
>>27313291
Gengar is a more boring purple Clefable
>>
>>27314742
Where do you get that? Gen 1 is my favorite and he's one of my favorite pokemon. Also of all the pokemon to say has no concept behind it, magneton does. He's three of his previous evolutions emitting such a strong magnetism that they are permanently stuck together.
>>27314775
See what I said above. It's evolution to magneton makes SO much more sense than most pokemon evolutions in that it's actually explained why it evolves, what causes it, etc. That's why I always liked it, because if these pokemon were magnetic they would stick together. Also I always thought the idea was cool of an electric type that was essentially a best becuase of electrical interference. They are sunspots the pokemon, their dex entries even reference this.

I never said I don't understand Mimikyu's popularity, I just disagreed with your example. I honestly think the Grimer and Muk evolutions are a much better example of bad object designed pokemon and a bad evolution from gen 1. He just gets bigger and loses a hand and the extent of it's design and origin is "It's pollution".
>>
>>27314825
>Gen 1 is my favorite and he's one of my favorite pokemon.
Nice anecdotal evidence but it changes nothing of all generation 1 pokemon it's one of the less remembered ones among them and it's certainly not a popular favourite.

>Also of all the pokemon to say has no concept behind it, magneton does
No one said that it has no concept just that it doesn't have an interesting one.
I mean it's a floating eyeball with magnets on the side that evolves into three of them connected by magnetism. Hell it doesn't even fit the theme of evolution because it doesn't truly evolve until Magnezone.

What's interesting about that exactly?
>>
>>27314901
Magneton is far from being one of the least remembered gen 1 pokemon.
There's many more forgettable pokemon in that gen.
>>
>>27315021
Not really.
The Magnemite line is pretty close to the bottom.
>>
>>27310327
I wanted a Dark Type but NO

ITS A FAIRY GHOST

OH JEE GOLLY WIZ ISNT THAT WONDERFUL
>>
>>27315154
Why would it be dark?
That makes no sense.
Nothing about it is dark or fits the dark-type traits
>>
>>27315180
A lot of dark type pokemon don't make sense.
What doesn't make sense is why IT'S A FAIRY AND A GHOST.
>>
>>27315180
>uses deception as a tactic
>dark makes no sense
not that im defending it, im cool with ghost/fairy, but dark would fit aswel
>>
File: 1463674450505.jpg (117KB, 782x835px) Image search: [Google]
1463674450505.jpg
117KB, 782x835px
>>27314178
>>
>>27313291
Nappy get out
>>
>>27315244
Wears a sheet and hates sunlight = ghost

The fairy typing is probably some obscure reference.
>>
>>27315263
>>uses deception as a tactic
But it doesn't do it for malicious or prankster reasons like most Dark types.
It hides under it because
1) It's lonely which is why it chose Pikachu specifically to make friends.
2) It gets sick when exposed to sunlight.
3) People get sick when they see it.
>>
>>27315367
absol
darkrai
>>
>>27315374
^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
>>
>>27315374
Not him but Darkrai is only depicted as non-malicious in the movie meanwhile in the games it has killed at least one person
>>
File: darkrai.png (44KB, 748x517px) Image search: [Google]
darkrai.png
44KB, 748x517px
>>27315415
pic

not really related, but while we are at it, I feel like darkrai should be ghost or at least ghost/dark
>>
>>27315459
>Pokedex
Nice try Richard but go and play Black and White 2 where it's confirmed that it killed a little girl.
>>
>>27315480
never confirmed that it was intentinal, if anything it makes the story even more tragic because he didnt meant any harm
>>
>>27315154
I actually thought it was ghost/normal when I first saw it. thought that'd be pretty cool.
>>
>>27310373
But anon it's actually a small black blob ghost under the sheet you FUCKING MORON.
>>
>>27310327
You're out of your damn mind if you think this cumrag has a good design.
Thread posts: 78
Thread images: 7

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.