[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Legitimately the worst design in the series. >Unnecessarily

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 46
Thread images: 5

File: 638Cobalion[1].png (640KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
638Cobalion[1].png
640KB, 1280x1280px
Legitimately the worst design in the series.

>Unnecessarily lines on cheeks
>Things on shoulders look like cardboard cutouts
>Feet are weirdly shaped, and make it look like a two-man horse costume
>Nothing indicating that it's a Steel-type

The only good aspects of this design are the bard and "collar".
>>
>>27307047
I agree. Its a pretty awkward and stiff looking creature. There are probably some Cobalion fans out there, but I'm not one of em.
>>
>>27307047
him and the rest of the musketeers are still better designed than the ugly as sin legendary beasts.
>>
The lines on its cheeks are one of those pencil moustache things

Not that it really excuses that decision. So many bizarre choices in its design
>>
>>27307047
The face lines are supposed to be a mustache, the feet are supposed to look like boots.
>>
>>27307047

The Musketeers were a mistake.

>>27307998

>the feet are supposed to look like boots.

Duh, they still look terrible.
>>
>>27307047
The feet would have looked better as silver, metallic hooves. I get that they were supposed to be boots, but those look dumb, and Cobalion doesn't look Steel enough. It also needs some musculature on the legs.

The mustache could have worked, but running it exactly to were the color changes on the head makes it not immediately obvious. Honestly, if they were going to give it a mustache they should have just given it a fucking mustache.

The shoulder things need more texture. If they are supposed to be ruffage, make them look like ruffage. If they are supposed to be blades, make them look sharp. They succeeded only in making them look stupid.

The face in general looks like an otter. I have no further comment on that.
>>
>>27307047
I like it. Wish they would have saved the Musketeer trio for Kalos.
>>
>>27307047
It's one of the worst, but nto as bad as non-therian forms of the genies or the abortion that is Aurorus.

>>27308004
Virizion is ok.
>>
File: Untitled.png (122KB, 352x538px) Image search: [Google]
Untitled.png
122KB, 352x538px
>>27307047
The only thing that bugs me about its design is its right foreleg. I know it's anatomically correct but there's something about it that looks weird in my opinion. The other legs look alright though.
>>
Virizion is the only Musketeer design worth a damn.

At least the Musketeer Mons are in line with the source material.
>>
>plastic, constantly wet body
>random protrusions of some unspecified material
>poor management of texture
>hooves ornamented like socks

Ohmura needs to be stopped
>>
File: jesus fug.png (46KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
jesus fug.png
46KB, 250x250px
pls
>>
>>27307047
Keldeo?
>>
>>27308220
bigger
>>
File: 640Virizion[1].png (615KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
640Virizion[1].png
615KB, 1280x1280px
>>27307998

The boots work for Terrakion because of how stocky it is, and they blend in well with Virizion's hooves, but they don't work for Cobalion.
>>
>>27307047
>>27308220
>>27308283
I think I'm seeing a trend here....
>>
Why does Gen V have the most awkward looking Pokemon? It's like they were drawn by artists trying and failing to simulate Pokemon's style
>>
>>27307047
>calls something the "Legitimately the worst design in the series."
>doesn't post Chesnaught

Are you an idiot?
>>
>>27308438
You are :^)
>>
>>27308438
Because that's objectively wrong, silly memester
>>
>>27308438
>chesnaught is the worst
>not greninja
>>
>>27308188
Right? I hate these new plastic looking mons
>>
>>27307047
I don't understand the purpose of the musketeers. The only reason they exist is to confuse people when you say "unova legendary trio".
>>
>>27307047
keldeo and ice cream cone give it a run for its money
>>
>>27307047
Entei thread?
>>
>>27307047
I like it.
>>
>>27307047
But he has a beard
>>
>>27307047
So you saw mudsdale, thought of making a horse team and decided to bitch about something you found when you went looking. Look, your opinion is wrong and no use of the word 'objectively' will mean anything
>>
>>27308283
Sexy boots!
>>
>>27307047
The horns and hooves work together for a swordfighting style, imagine how it moves. The lines are single wire hairs come on
>>
>>27308438
>all of these chestnaught fags in denial
Have fun with your hunchbacked chestnut.
>>
fuck you dude, the musketeers are sick. Cobalion is the worst of the three imo but still pretty cool.

the one thing i will agree with you on is that the indication that it is a steel type is pretty lacking. i could do with a glint of steel in the sunlight or something
>>
>>27309043
I assume they exist to compliment Keldeo, which was their MLP fancraze cash-in attempt
>>
>>27307047
>people ignoring this Pokemon
>inb4 muh nostalgia!
>>
>>27307047
The cheek lines are a moustache because, you know, musketeers and shit. And yes the design is shit, but Keldeo is worse.
>>
>>27312197
>muh genwunners
Muk and Grimer are nowhere near as bad as some of the Gen V's.
>>
What is it about this franchise that makes everyone think they're fucking graphic design majors or some shit?
>>
>>27307047
>worst design in the series
That's not Keldeo or Chesnaught.
>>
Agreed OP, I really do hate Cobalion. Always will.
>>
>>27312330
Ice cream and garbage are worst then Barney's cum?
>>
>>27307047
That's not Blaziken
>>
Terrakion > Cobalion > Virizion > Keldeo

Gen 5 has the worst legendaries
>>
>>27312490
Grow up
>>
>>27312561
>Grow up
wheredoyouthinkweare.png
>>
>>27307047
the whole squad is shit.
Thread posts: 46
Thread images: 5

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.