[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Is anyone else more hyped for SM than any pokemon to date? I've

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 19
Thread images: 2

File: pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg (120KB, 1600x900px) Image search: [Google]
pokemon_sun_moon.0.0.jpg
120KB, 1600x900px
Is anyone else more hyped for SM than any pokemon to date?

I've been playing since the start and X/Y+ORAS were so dissapointing but SM looks actually great.

The battle backgrounds, the map, the character graphically pokemon finally looks good.

The pokemon designs have been good, interesting new abilities and moves.

It just seems like it's gonna be a really good gen.
>>
Same. To be honest I enjoyed X and Y to some degree, so seeing this upgraded version makes me really excited.
>>
>>27306386
I thought a couple designs were lacklustre and I don't want the rival to be another Serena. Other than that I think it's going to be great. Who knows, I had low expectations for generation 5 and it became my favourite after beating BW.
>>
The region does it most for me
Tropical settings are always my favorite and Alola looks like it could be amazing to explore
>>
>>27306401
Honestly graphically X/Y and especially ORAS sucked.

But SM have drastically improved visuals I feel, it actually feels like a 3DS game now and not some PS1 game.
>>
>>27306386
So far, so good.
>>
>>27306436
I too enjoy the region, I hope they give the water good mon distribution, I hate surfing and only finding Tentacool and maybe 1 other mon.
>>
>>27306386
Good post game is all I want. As long as it's on par with B2W2 it'll automatically become the best game in the series to date.

Also, we better fucking get more than 72 new mons. I was so excited for gen 6 because of the simultaneous release, so for the first time since gen 2 I was able to play the game blind (with the exception of officially spoiled Pokemon) only to find out that Gamefreak had already shown off 49/72 of them.

Was pretty cool seeing Goomy and Carbink for the first time and trying to figure out what types they were. I thought Goomy was Poison/Water at first
>>
I'm definitely feeling it. Odd numbered gens always get me really hyped.
>>
File: dance.gif (661KB, 322x181px) Image search: [Google]
dance.gif
661KB, 322x181px
I'm so hype for Sun Moon . Can't wait any longer
I'm dancing for hype till it release
>>
I feel like they always knew Gen 6 was going to be a bit awkward and transitional, so they used it as a mini-Gen for experimental purposes to make Gen 7 better. That is a large part of why I have high hopes for Gen 7, because it had an entire generation before it dedicated to just making sure they did it right.

For what Gen 6 was, I enjoyed it enough.
>>
>>27306605
I feel like Gen 4 was this for Gen 5.
Gen 2 was the opposite, it felt like an add on to Gen 1 with colors.
Gen 3 is the only gen I think is truly stand alone
>>
It seems fine but I'm not hyped or anything.

The new pokemon make me feel very mixed and I have never liked Hawaii themed stuff. I don't like the character designs and I don't have faith that the story is going to be anything but "meh"
>>
>>27306660
>never liked Hawaii themed stuff
how
>>
>>27306660
>even entertaining the thought that main series pokemon will ever have a good story
frankly i'd prefer it if they toned it down. i don't need larger than life world saving stuff t b h
>>
>>27306386
The hype for BW for me was unreal
and I ended up not playing the games until gen 6 was upon us.

So I've been hesitant to be hyped for any Pokemon game since.
>>
>>27306730

I just never thought tropical shit was all that great. Sure a level or area themed around it sounds fine, but a whole game based in that setting just sounds like a slog to me.
>>
>>27307084
I agree, that's why I don't think it will be that great.

Even if they made the story even a little surprising, I just know the characters are all going to be boring and cookie cutter with by the numbers jrpg dialogue.
>>
>>27307154
It's the comfiest setting anon, mainly because tropical can have everything with something that the games are always lacking, which is tropical areas.

At least well made tropical areas.
Thread posts: 19
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.