[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

Was Pokemon GΟ intentionally based on Google's 2014 Ap

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 6
Thread images: 2

File: Pokemon1[1].jpg (179KB, 730x639px) Image search: [Google]
Pokemon1[1].jpg
179KB, 730x639px
Was Pokemon GΟ intentionally based on Google's 2014 April Fools joke or are the similarities just a coincidence? Niantic are an off-shoot of off Google anyway and the logo the guy has on the shirt is identical to the Pokemon GΟ Plus wristband.

For the uninitiated, https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4YMD6xELI_k
>>
If I were to take a wild guess, the 2014 trailer was supposed to be some sort of Proof of Concept to present to Nintendo to show what Niantic might have in mind. The april fools joke was definitely made with the intention to make GO eventually, how far along the process they already were is what I'm not totally sure of.
>>
>>27298752

Other way around. The April Fools joke was just that, and didn't involve any deeper plans, but it was so popular that it gave Google the idea for Go. They've said this in various interviews.

So they are related, in the sense that Go exists because of the success of the Google Maps joke.
>>
File: 1463967695703.jpg (14KB, 251x242px) Image search: [Google]
1463967695703.jpg
14KB, 251x242px
>the april fools version has gen 2 but the real version doesn't
>>
>>27299093
April fools version has all gens
We can only wait
>>
>>27299093
Just because they aren't here yet doesn't give you an excuse to be a fucking pussy.
Thread posts: 6
Thread images: 2

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.