[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y ] [Search | Free Show | Home]

It seems much more electric/FIGHTING than FAIRY Stop overload

This is a blue board which means that it's for everybody (Safe For Work content only). If you see any adult content, please report it.

Thread replies: 69
Thread images: 17

File: Tapu_Koko.png (516KB, 1280x1280px) Image search: [Google]
Tapu_Koko.png
516KB, 1280x1280px
It seems much more electric/FIGHTING than FAIRY

Stop overload pokemon with fairys
>>
>>27296629
Looks more like Electric/Fire than Electric/Fighting
>>
>>27296629

No, more Fairies that aren't pastel pink/purple/feminine are needed to round out the type a bit.
>>
>>27296640
FIRE or FIGHTING, but doesn't fairy
>>
it seems be fire/fighting
>>
>>27296629
I don't see whats fighting about it. It seems to be more of a mystical, shamanesque creature than a martial artist.
>>
Fairies are just basically the new Psychic

If it looks like a magic power that can't be explained by ESP, just dump Fairy on it
>>
>>27296756
I think being tied to nature tips it in Fairy's favor.
>>
>>27296629
Whatever it is it will be good in VGC
>>
How is this overloading the game with faries? They were only introduced a gen ago, they deserve more love.
>>
>Fairies have to be pink

How about know
>>
>>27296629
It's a fucking nature guardian, that's straight in fairy's court man.
>>
>>27296645
>>27299806
>All Fire types have something to do with fire or heat
>All Grass types either are plants or have plants growing on them
>All Electric types can utilize electricity
>All Ice types can regulate temperature to make stuff cold
>All Poison types generate poisonous substances within their bodies
>All Rock types are either made of rock or have shells/body parts as hard as rock
>All Steel types are made of metal or have body parts made of metal
>Etc. etc.

>All Fairy types... have nothing in common at all
Seriously, this is the entire problem. There is absolutely NOTHING in this god forsaken shit type that connects the different Pokémon together. Why is Jigglypuff Fairy? Why is Marill Fairy? Why is Ralts Fairy? Why is Dedenne Fairy? Why is Mimikyu Fairy? Why is Tapu Koko Fairy? They all have different reasons to be Fairy, but none of them actually share their reasons with each other. And some of them doesn't even have any reason at all!
>>
>>27299916

There is nothing connecting dragon types. What the fuck does Arcanine have to do with heat other than arbitrarily being given heat powers? Same applies to fairies having magic.
>>
>>27299967
All Dragon types are big, strong and fearsome monsters that could all break you like a twig. It is literally a Monster Type but with a fancier name, with Altaria (and megas) being the only odd one out.

And no, not all Fairy types are magic. They don't even have an arbitrary element going for them like Fire has.
>>
>>27300069
It's very clear that in the Pokémon universe that all types have an "energy" to them, even types that describe physical aspects (like Bug and Dragon). What the fuck is a "Dragon Pulse" when not used by a Dragon type? It's a "draconic" energy, whatever the hell that may be. When it comes to flavor and design, Dragon is an element associated with legend, power, nobility and destruction.

Fairy, in the Pokémon world, is just as much an "element" as Fire, Water, Dragon and Ghost. Growlithe is a fire dog. A dog with Fire powers. Granbul is a fairy dog. A dog with Fairy powers. It's that simple. Fairy is an element associated with purity, whimsicalness, light, nature, playfulness.
>>
File: 230 - kingdra.gif (185KB, 46x97px) Image search: [Google]
230 - kingdra.gif
185KB, 46x97px
>>27300069
>All Dragon types are big, strong and fearsome monsters that could all break you like a twig
>>
>>27300235
yo this thing can have a 100% crit rate.
thats pretty fearsome
>>
>>27299916
They tend to be based on mythical beings that don't quite fit into other stuff. Essentially the normal type of mystical types
>>
File: 706 - goodra.gif (217KB, 60x102px) Image search: [Google]
706 - goodra.gif
217KB, 60x102px
>>27300069
>All Dragon types are big, strong and fearsome monsters that could all break you like a twig

>>27300244
It's good in battle, I love Kingdra, but would you describe it as big, fearsome and monstrous?
>>
>>27300069

I'm sorry, if you use "monstrous" to justify a common theme, you can do the exact same for fairies as the inverse of that, the "cute" type. Even Granbull is still a lavender dog with ribbon ears.
>>
File: 250px-704Goomy.png (53KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
250px-704Goomy.png
53KB, 250x250px
>>27300069
>all dragon types are big, strong and fearsome monsters that could all break you like a twig
>>
File: 329 - vibrava.gif (164KB, 117x50px) Image search: [Google]
329 - vibrava.gif
164KB, 117x50px
>>27300069
>All Dragon types are big, strong and fearsome monsters that could all break you like a twig.
>>
>>27300264
>nearly six feet tall
>pokedex states it can create massive whirlpools and tornados by simply existing
kingdra seems pretty scary
goodra however...
>>
File: 181 - ampharos-mega.gif (198KB, 99x112px) Image search: [Google]
181 - ampharos-mega.gif
198KB, 99x112px
>>27300069
>>
>>27300069
>What is the Goomy line, Swablu line and others

Dragon types have no connection as far as I can see. I can stretch it and say the pattern is that all of the final evolutions look draconic/reptilian, but then things like Kingdra and Altaria are a thing.

They're not a "myth" type either since many Dragon-type pokemon are pretty mundane, and other non-Dragon pokemon like Milotic and Arcanine have elegance/legends based around them.
>>
File: crying charizard.png (18KB, 300x250px) Image search: [Google]
crying charizard.png
18KB, 300x250px
>>27300316
D-DELET THIS
>>
File: 130 - gyarados-mega.gif (408KB, 193x122px) Image search: [Google]
130 - gyarados-mega.gif
408KB, 193x122px
>>27300069
>>
File: forestfairynaturepicture31000.jpg (170KB, 482x368px) Image search: [Google]
forestfairynaturepicture31000.jpg
170KB, 482x368px
>>27300069
>And no, not all Fairy types are magic. They don't even have an arbitrary element going for them like Fire has.

Fairy is the secondary Grass(Nature) type. Fairies are commonly viewed as mystical beings that live and utilize their powers on the forest.

Xerneas,Tapu Koko, Flabebe line, Confey are nature associated beings that aren't plants, which is why Fairy is their given element.

Even though it is a stretch, I believe
Moonblast and Moonlight are Fairy moves as your trying to use a part of nature as a power source to create an attack or to heal yourself. Similar to villagers who have little knowledge of technology and use what they have in their environment.
>>
Tapu Koko's design is literally just a black & orange legless Gallade with shields instead of swords on its arms. It looks like a fusion between Gallade and the Unova Fighting-type Elite Four member Marshal. It's permanently angry. It looks like a guy. It has a mohawk. It's topless. It's battle animation has it jumping from side to side like a fighter in battle. It looks like an obvious physical attacker. How can people question it looking like a Fighting type?
>>
>>27300316
I said bar the megas you idiot.
>>
>>27300279
>>27300284
Evolutions you fucking moron.
>>
File: 148 - dragonair.gif (134KB, 67x93px) Image search: [Google]
148 - dragonair.gif
134KB, 67x93px
>>27300588
>If I ignore Pokemon that contradict my point I'm still technically correct
>>
File: 330 - flygon.gif (156KB, 133x106px) Image search: [Google]
330 - flygon.gif
156KB, 133x106px
>>27300599
Vibrava is an evolution though. It also looks like a dragonfly and not the type of ferocious monster Anon was touting all Dragons to be

Even then, Flygon doesn't look that ferocious either. It's even called the Mystic Pokemon

It's like saying Water types have to be specifically just Fish and Flying has to be specifically just Bird
>>
File: super retard.jpg (43KB, 330x269px) Image search: [Google]
super retard.jpg
43KB, 330x269px
>>27300599
but they are still dragon types, and you said "all dragon types" not "all fully evolved dragon types"
>>
>>27300599
>what is sliggoo and goodra
literally the friendliest dragon type ever
>>
>>27299916
FAIRY IS SUPPOSE TO REPRESENT NATURE OR LIFE

ITS NOT THAT HARD TO UNDERSTAND
>>
>>27300422
Isn't a Dragon mate
>>
File: Fearsome and edgy.png (50KB, 250x250px) Image search: [Google]
Fearsome and edgy.png
50KB, 250x250px
>>27300069
>>
>>27300599
>Altaria
>>
>>27300737
I love Fairies but "nature or life" isn't accurate for things like Mawile and Slurpuff. See >>27300198

It evokes a sense of purity, light (as in goodness), nature, whimsicalness, playfulness. Physically it evokes images of sweet/cute/small creatures (like pixies), feminity, gracefulness, or in the case of Tapu Koko, Xerneas and a bit of Gardevoir, a "guardian" or "angel" aspect.
>>
>>27299916
What about ground type?
>>
File: image.png (129KB, 431x431px) Image search: [Google]
image.png
129KB, 431x431px
>>27300198
>>
>>27296629
>Stop overload pokemon with fairys

NO. DRAGONS MUST SUFFER.
>>
>>27296629
or electric/psychic
FUCKING WASTED
>>
It's a great design and all, one of my favorite gen 7 pokemon so far, but why is it a fairy typing?

I understand the point people are trying to make. I find it hard to describe fairy type effectively. I feel like the creators just slap it into pokemon however they feel like.
>>
File: mimikyu_by_crystalshimly-daa5a1f.png (356KB, 1024x1325px) Image search: [Google]
mimikyu_by_crystalshimly-daa5a1f.png
356KB, 1024x1325px
>>27301929
Forgot the pic. Why is it a fairy type?
>>
File: mfw.jpg (22KB, 599x335px) Image search: [Google]
mfw.jpg
22KB, 599x335px
>>27300948
With that logic, Bounsweet should be a fairy type.

Fairy is suppose to be a type that correlates with what affects the way life and how nature works around them.

Mawile is based off the a japense myth that talks about a metaphyiscal being, which fits the Fairy type perfectly.

Slurpuff's previous evo, Swirlix, is based off of fairy floss.

Fairy isn't a "light" type, it's nature. Why do you think it's weak to poison and steel/the two elements of pollution?
>>
File: 454et.jpg (35KB, 400x300px) Image search: [Google]
454et.jpg
35KB, 400x300px
>>27301929
>but why is it a fairy typing?
Its a nature guardian. Not that hard to get.
>>
>>27301948
>>27302026
Yeah, I wasn't talking about that. I forgot the pic, why is Mimikyu a fairy?
>>
>>27302015

Fairies are historically weak to iron in myths and folklore
>>
>>27301948
should honestly be pure ghost or ghost/normal. no idea why it's a fairy
>>
>>27302039

It's a trickster type pokemon, like traditional fairies of yore. It's a ghost but it also does creepy fairy shit similar to Klefki
>>
>>27301929
I came in here to make the same post. Fairy typings don't seem to have any real meaning or justification, pretty much anything can be Fairy at this point.
>>
>>27300264
>Goodra's punch is comparable to 100 pro boxers
It's still pretty terrifying.
>>
I get that they're attempting to catch up from 5 generations of no fairies, but yeah it feels like they're overdoing it.
>>
>>27302152
Isn't virtually every Ghost type a trickster in some fashion, though? I don't even care about the sudden abundance of Fairy types but for Mimikyu it seems really tacked on.
>>
>>27302205

Makes sense to me, but you have to understand it's drawing inspiration from "real" fairies (fae) not disney fairies (tinkerbell) so a lot of weird things people don't even realize are the "source" of the pokemon, in some folklore fairies were considered evil spirits who could disguise themselves for example, and they were considered very envious (like Mimikyu envying pikachu)
>>
>>27302268
Right, I know all of that, but I struggle to think of a reason why Mimikyu is a Fairy type, and Banette isn't. Like >>27302175 said, it kind of seems like they're just trying to catch up.
>>
>>27302358

One is a possessed doll, the other is an envious, light-hating creature hiding under a crudely constructed Pikachu costume.
>>
>>27296629
>guards nature
>is literally a fairy
>not a fairy, an MMA fighter or some shit
No.
>>
The concept is that it's a guardian of nature

They don't want to slap psychic again

It's not that hard to understand
>>
>>27296629
Vague creature that doesn't quite resemble an actual organism sort of falls under Fairy (Clefairy, Togepi).
>>
>>27300198
>whimsicalness

You can just use the word "whimsy," anon. Which is actually a word.
>>
>>27300198
Before the split, I'd say draconig energy was non-elemental Special energy (whereas Normal was Physical).
>>
>>27299916
I'm pissed pikaboo isn't our first ghost normal considering his whole trash disguise motif
>>
>>27296629
Ahh, I can't wait until the fairy-haters leave the game for good. Hopefully Sun and Moon will tempt them.

Also, my thoughts on what makes something a fairy: Magic, Nature/Life, being a deity or protector, cuteness, etc.

Magic and Life I feel are the most crucial elements. Just as dark is generally bruteness, hatred, lack of compassion, and the darkness, fairy is gentleness, love, balance, clerics/healers, and the light. Magic is also much different from "psychic" powers. Psychic is more intelligence, strongness of mind, etc.

Think of it this way:

Psychic: Intelligence in a mathematical, cosmic, universal sense.

Fairy: Intelligence in a emotional, moral, and just sense.
>>
Psychic = arcane magic, psionics
Fairy = druids, bards, creatures with spell-like abilities
Thread posts: 69
Thread images: 17

[Boards: 3 / a / aco / adv / an / asp / b / bant / biz / c / can / cgl / ck / cm / co / cock / d / diy / e / fa / fap / fit / fitlit / g / gd / gif / h / hc / his / hm / hr / i / ic / int / jp / k / lgbt / lit / m / mlp / mlpol / mo / mtv / mu / n / news / o / out / outsoc / p / po / pol / qa / qst / r / r9k / s / s4s / sci / soc / sp / spa / t / tg / toy / trash / trv / tv / u / v / vg / vint / vip / vp / vr / w / wg / wsg / wsr / x / y] [Search | Top | Home]

I'm aware that Imgur.com will stop allowing adult images since 15th of May. I'm taking actions to backup as much data as possible.
Read more on this topic here - https://archived.moe/talk/thread/1694/

If you need a post removed click on it's [Report] button and follow the instruction.
DMCA Content Takedown via dmca.com
All images are hosted on imgur.com.
If you like this website please support us by donating with Bitcoins at 16mKtbZiwW52BLkibtCr8jUg2KVUMTxVQ5
All trademarks and copyrights on this page are owned by their respective parties.
Images uploaded are the responsibility of the Poster. Comments are owned by the Poster.
This is a 4chan archive - all of the content originated from that site.
This means that RandomArchive shows their content, archived.
If you need information for a Poster - contact them.